Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cotchery should have went to San Diego because him and Rivers together again would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I think he's gotta be the #2 right? Vet to learn from for the rookie, etc?

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
R. D. Mangles don't look at this don't scroll down.

quote:

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 2m

DL Corey Wootton has agreed to a one-year deal w/#Vikings, per Wootton's agent @MikeMcCartney7.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DupaDupa posted:

R. D. Mangles don't look at this don't scroll down.

aw, nuts

at least they re-signed mcmannis

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lol McMagic never change man

I'm wrong? The dolphins have had a great RB situation the last few seasons? You must be watching a different team than I have.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Ehud posted:

A visit from a decent RB who might be brought in it split carries with Lamar Miller lol Miami is so dumb rofl :p~~~

Why are you letting yourself be trolled by mcmagic

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bring on the free hooch.

@RapSheet
I said early the #Jets were among the teams that called the #Eagles about DeSean Jackson. Two others: #Panthers & #Raiders. Lots of interest

e: lol like the Panthers could afford him.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

God damnit were really going to trade away our best receiver, aren't we.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 35s
Antonio Cromartie's deal w Cards: $3.25M + $500k if he plays every game, per @kentsomers. The Jets didn't want to match that? Wow. #nyj

Idzik must have offered him 65K and a card ride to and from games.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
What is a Corey Wootton

should I be ashamed?

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Dubious posted:

What is a Corey Wootton

should I be ashamed?

Wootton is average to above average. Super versatile though, he's a DE and a DT. He's definitely worth way more than whatever he signed.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Whip Slagcheek posted:

God damnit were really going to trade away our best receiver, aren't we.

At least this is a good year to draft receivers.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dubious posted:

What is a Corey Wootton

should I be ashamed?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Zypher posted:

At least this is a good year to draft receivers.

I guess so. We'll see what the haul is for him. Eagles need money for Foles if he doesn't turn into a pumpkin. Maclin too if he shows he's healthy.

:shrug:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Why are you letting yourself be trolled by mcmagic

I don't know anymore.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Whenever I see the Phins/Jets slapfight it makes me sad because they're both fighting for second fiddle. All I want is one of you to take the division from the Pats. Is that so much to ask?

Worst of all poor Buffalo is playing alone in the corner, ignored as always.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Ozu posted:

Bring on the free hooch.

@RapSheet
I said early the #Jets were among the teams that called the #Eagles about DeSean Jackson. Two others: #Panthers & #Raiders. Lots of interest

e: lol like the Panthers could afford him.

Yeah, I don't see how we could pull it off, but man would I love for it to happen.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

So Reggie McKenzie doesnt want "Al Davis guys" but he wants DeSean Jackson

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Quest For Glory II posted:

So Reggie McKenzie doesnt want "Al Davis guys" but he wants DeSean Jackson

Al Davis would never even look at a tiny man like DeSean Jackson, much less sign him.

Also, lol at Dolphins fans getting excited about Knowshon Moreno. Dude was on the brink of busting out the league before Peyton got to Denver to save the franchise.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Toymachine posted:

Also, lol at Dolphins fans getting excited about Knowshon Moreno. Dude was on the brink of busting out the league before Peyton got to Denver to save the franchise.

Toymachine, you're an idiot.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Ehud posted:

Knowshon was terrible his first three years in the league. Especially for someone drafted so high. He's soft as baby poo poo and greatly benefited from the Joseph Addai effect.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Peyton Manning emits a contact vapor that instantly makes everyone near him a better football player, but only when they remain in his presence.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Toymachine posted:

Knowshon was terrible his first three years in the league. Especially for someone drafted so high. He's soft as baby poo poo and greatly benefited from the Joseph Addai effect.

You're an idiot because all Crazy and I said was that Knowshon is visiting Miami and that he could be a decent pick-up to share carries in our backfield, especially because he's probably going to be really cheap.

That isn't us "getting excited" about him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

And now I will post something that isn't me replying to mcmagic or Toymachine.

@billvoth: Sorry to disappoint #Panthers fans intrigued by DeSean Jackson rumors & reports, but it’s not going to happen. CAR isn’t interested.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ehud posted:

You're an idiot because all Crazy and I said was that Knowshon is visiting Miami and that he could be a decent pick-up to share carries in our backfield, especially because he's probably going to be really cheap.

If your team thinks it's a good idea to sign a player like that it's shows that they have no idea what they are doing. You can only bring in a small number of FA's.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

Ehud, he isn't going to be the savior of the franchise, you need to back up a bit and get some perspective. Stop saying he is going to put up Peterson like numbers, he just isn't behind that o-line.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

RumbleFish posted:

Yeah, I don't see how we could pull it off, but man would I love for it to happen.

If we signed Hardy to a back-loaded contract and possibly released Godfrey, we might have enough space. I don't see why Carolina would even care though, since he doesn't seem to play nice with cap space.

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, but the Cotchery contract is awesome. 5 years, 8 million.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 21, 2014

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

If we signed Hardy to a back-loaded contract and possibly released Godfrey, we might have enough space. I don't see why Carolina would even care though, since he doesn't seem to play nice with cap space.

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, but the Cotchery contract is awesome. 5 years, 8 million.

Backloaded as gently caress I assume.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Unless the Raiders traded a receiver (Denarious Moore), we aren't getting Djax, I'm pretty sure.

Rumor smells like bullshit.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ehud posted:

Knowshon is throwing money at a position we don't need to throw money at. Lamar is a solid back, and you can draft a replacement for Daniel Thomas anywhere from round 3-5(e: or 6, or 7, or UDFA, or post camp cuts). If the OC last year stuch with the run at all, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Rishard Matthews is still a lovely receiver, our #2 and #3 are both coming off knee injuries, and our #1 runs deep routes our QB can't hit.

We need WR help, although its not a priority, a depth signing a-la Moreno for the RB position would be fine, and we don't need to sign a RB in free agency.

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 21, 2014

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Nawid posted:

Unless the Raiders traded a receiver (Denarious Moore), we aren't getting Djax, I'm pretty sure.

Eh, they have the cap space and could use a legit #1. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Nawid posted:

Why not? The Raiders still have a ton of space they need to eat up, and I know Jackson will be happy to oblige them. And he's certainly a better receiver than anyone the Raiders currently have on roster.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
is DJax a number 1 receiver?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Waroduce posted:

Knowshon is throwing money at a position we don't need to throw money at. Lamar is a solid back, and you can draft a replacement for Daniel Thomas anywhere from round 3-5(e: or 6, or 7, or UDFA, or post camp cuts). If the OC last year stuch with the run at all, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Rishard Matthews is still a lovely receiver, our #2 and #3 are both coming off knee injuries, and our #1 runs deep routes our QB can't hit.

We need WR help, although its not a priority, a depth signing a-la Moreno for the RB position would be fine, and we don't need to sign a RB in free agency.

I cannot figure out what you're trying to say :confused: The last paragraph is one long sentence that contradicts itself.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
A challenger approaches!!!

Darren Connolly IV
‏@DConnollyNFL
Source: #Raiders are willing to "significantly front load" a deal for Jared Allen and upped offer today, Allen will choose team over weekend

lol

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

is DJax a number 1 receiver?

Depends on how you look at it. He'll pull the #1 CB of the opposing team and will still put up very good numbers but he's not a consistent drive in drive out dependable guy. Still worth the money for the pressure he puts on the defense.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Toymachine posted:

Al Davis would never even look at a tiny man like DeSean Jackson, much less sign him.
*Pending results of his current 40 time.

Schwack posted:

A challenger approaches!!!

Darren Connolly IV
‏@DConnollyNFL
Source: #Raiders are willing to "significantly front load" a deal for Jared Allen and upped offer today, Allen will choose team over weekend

lol
:laugh: I can just imagine Reggie in his office looking at his board and thinking "goddamn cap floor."

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

And now I will post something that isn't me replying to mcmagic or Toymachine.

@billvoth: Sorry to disappoint #Panthers fans intrigued by DeSean Jackson rumors & reports, but it’s not going to happen. CAR isn’t interested.

Who the hell is going to play WR for the Panthers? Is Air Bud available?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Ehud posted:

I cannot figure out what you're trying to say :confused: The last paragraph is one long sentence that contradicts itself.

I think he means we need to sign whoever the Knowshon Moreno of receivers is (it was Jerrico Cotchery) because thats where the free agency dollars should be going instead of the RB position.

I'm fine with bringing Moreno in as long as its not an overpay because even though I am the conductor of the Miller fan train, neither he nor Daniel Thomas can pass block worth a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Backloaded as gently caress I assume.

No, it's pretty even. It's like 1.7 and 1.9 million in the first two years.

Pretty sad that my reaction to the signing was "holy poo poo, an actual receiver!"

• Locked thread