Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Shithouse Dave posted:

Yeah, it turns out I can backdate my health coverage to when we paid the immigration fee last year! So I can send in my confirmation of application thingy and get a healthcare number already which is totally freaking awesome thanks to my smart legislation reading husband. I will still have to wait a f ew weeks for my scan thing which is worrisome because I'm walking around with pain in my thyroidal region in my throat but not the end of the world.
fuckin awesome :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

boom boom boom posted:

What's a better costuem for an anime convention; Steve Zissou, or cyberpunk Gandalf?
General Douglas MacArthur

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

poopkitty posted:

Sir Backslap, I will be looking at that in a few hours once I get home.

I also got approximately 300 eye shadow samples (just kidding, 19 and 3 blushes) from Meow Cosmetics. I'm going to play face dress up tonight. Yay!!

Yay Meow! I love their products. Wish they had a 'view shadows by color' option, though.

Best Tasting! posted:

I am crazy depressed today, but becoming a princess has made me feel a little bit better.

I think I know what I'll be doing for the rest of today. Excuse me I must go make a pretty elf~

are you queefing flowers and butterflies?

Hooray Shithouse Dave, I'm glad that's less stress. Thyroid pain can be caused by all sorts of stuff, try to worry as little as possible.

I had a kickin' rad day with myself and my kiddo. He did like.. six new things, at least, which gets me all hopped up on Parental Pride© brand dopamine. Or serotonin. I can't remember which does what. Anyway, it was the best days I've had for months, I'd forgotten days could be this chill and awesome. Hooray warmth from the sun.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Fabulist posted:

Yay Meow! I love their products. Wish they had a 'view shadows by color' option, though.

Hooray Shithouse Dave, I'm glad that's less stress. Thyroid pain can be caused by all sorts of stuff, try to worry as little as possible.

I had a kickin' rad day with myself and my kiddo. He did like.. six new things, at least, which gets me all hopped up on Parental Pride© brand dopamine. Or serotonin. I can't remember which does what. Anyway, it was the best days I've had for months, I'd forgotten days could be this chill and awesome. Hooray warmth from the sun.

congrats on your kid doin thangs that's always cute :3:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
dave i'm so happy that your thingie has worked out a little bit more okay than you thought!

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

This guy is adorable :swoon:

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Fabulist posted:

I wouldn't be much of a princess if I wasn't :sparkles:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Avshalom posted:

dave i'm so happy that your thingie has worked out a little bit more okay than you thought!

oh snap maybe I changed my av too soon

That's definitely an accurate representation of a cat meowing though. They put everything they've got into that one part.

Suzuki Method posted:

congrats on your kid doin thangs that's always cute :3:

TY. I'm lucky, my brain produces a hell of a lot of the chemicals that make butthead kids seem adorable.
He's not a butthead in the sense that he's a 'problem child' or w/e. he's just two and doesn't understand... anything. He's actually p. good and helpful most of the time.

poo poo does anyone else remember those movies? "Problem Child" and I think there were at least two? I watched those a ton when I was like, six.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Listening to Ned's Atomic Dustbin in traffic. Want to be home eating pizza.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Fabulist posted:

oh snap maybe I changed my av too soon

That's definitely an accurate representation of a cat meowing though. They put everything they've got into that one part.

TY. I'm lucky, my brain produces a hell of a lot of the chemicals that make butthead kids seem adorable.
He's not a butthead in the sense that he's a 'problem child' or w/e. he's just two and doesn't understand... anything. He's actually p. good and helpful most of the time.

poo poo does anyone else remember those movies? "Problem Child" and I think there were at least two? I watched those a ton when I was like, six.

Nothing wrong with putting an avatar in the avatar vault for awhile. :shrug:

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Fabulist posted:

geez I haven't thought about that movie in years. Junior :argh:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

poopkitty posted:

Listening to Ned's Atomic Dustbin in traffic. Want to be home eating pizza.

My brain scrambled that all up at first glance and I thought you wanted to be home eating dustbin pizza with Atomic Ned. One of my former roommates from the late 90s found a whole wheel of Brie in the street once on a hot day and brought it home. He said the street cheese had a special extra ripe kind of flavour but was otherwise okay.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Fabulist posted:

I wished I forgot, but you just triggered me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

boom boom boom posted:

because you can still be the first?

Alas no, I don't have a vulva.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sabel posted:

General Douglas MacArthur

I would think Paul Tibbets would be even better.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

This thread moves really fast and you got some legit funny peeps posting in it, I'm sure you can come up with something better than the butt farm thing. I believe in you, lady thread.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

not with that attitude

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

You should get a charging elephant tattooed and have your penis be the trunk.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Dogmeat posted:

This thread moves really fast and you got some legit funny peeps posting in it, I'm sure you can come up with something better than the butt farm thing. I believe in you, lady thread.

suck my dick

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

dont post pics of fabulist's 2 year old

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Dogmeat posted:

welcome to the bitch farm, butt

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

If you post in the lady thread and the man thread equally does it make you gender neutral?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shithouse Dave posted:

If you post in the lady thread and the man thread equally does it make you gender neutral?

Oh dear.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

oh there's a man thread now. how cute

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Torka posted:

welcome to the bitch farm, butt

That's pretty good but I think you can do better.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Dogmeat posted:

That's pretty good but I think you can do better.

no

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

How did you get footage of-

Suzuki Method posted:

dont post pics of fabulist's 2 year old

Goddamnit.

For real, he hasn't tapdanced off of a table yet, but he does do awesome stuff like run full-speed ahead while looking in a direction that isn't ahead, and crash into walls/furniture/people. I'm a horrible person at heart so I'm all choking back giggles while comforting him.

Earlier today he threw a blanket over his head, intending to copy my style of peekaboo, and the motion of getting it over his head knocked him off balance. He staggered a few steps, bounced off his toddler basketball goal's post (inside the house), and slammed into a table. He was fine and laughing about it, but I still couldn't laugh because he's at that age where laughter = approval.

That's not gonna wear off for like 14 years either, drat.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Shithouse Dave posted:

My brain scrambled that all up at first glance and I thought you wanted to be home eating dustbin pizza with Atomic Ned. One of my former roommates from the late 90s found a whole wheel of Brie in the street once on a hot day and brought it home. He said the street cheese had a special extra ripe kind of flavour but was otherwise okay.

I would totally eat street brie with the boys from Ned's. Or Elbow. Or Peter Gabriel. Or Kip Winger. gently caress it, I just want some brie now and I'll be stuck with the worst pizza ever but they deliver.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Fabulist posted:

For real, he hasn't tapdanced off of a table yet, but he does do awesome stuff like run full-speed ahead while looking in a direction that isn't ahead, and crash into walls/furniture/people. I'm a horrible person at heart so I'm all choking back giggles while comforting him.

I did this as a kid at 4 or 5, but it ended up with me tripping and falling head first into a corner of a wall. I still have the scar but my bangs cover it

not to scare you or anything it was nbd :D

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

if I weren't committed to this avatar/username combo I would so grab this

Dogmeat posted:

as I said before: dwi motherfucker

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

I don't think anyone really escapes childhood totally uninjured. That's how we learn about things that are and aren't a good idea sometimes. I smacked my head on my neighbour's glass coffee table while rocketing around the house with my friend his son. I'm not sure if I still have the scar because I've never shaved the top part of my head right down, but it had a couple of stitches in it. Kids are weird little fuckers who will suddenly become pirates and sail your bathtub away flooding the rest of the bathroom in the process or decide your walls are too boring and paint them.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Fabulist posted:

How did you get footage of-

Goddamnit.

Earlier today he threw a blanket over his head, intending to copy my style of peekaboo, and the motion of getting it over his head knocked him off balance. He staggered a few steps, bounced off his toddler basketball goal's post (inside the house), and slammed into a table. He was fine and laughing about it, but I still couldn't laugh because he's at that age where laughter = approval.

That's not gonna wear off for like 14 years either, drat.

loving hell i love poo poo like this toddlers are idiot midget drunks

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
my mum has a dented skull and a scar from playing 'throw the elephant' when she was about 7. she and her 5yo sister shared a room and would throw this ceramic elephant to/at each other and one day mum got absolutely owned in the forehead :3:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Shithouse Dave posted:

I don't think anyone really escapes childhood totally uninjured. That's how we learn about things that are and aren't a good idea sometimes. I smacked my head on my neighbour's glass coffee table while rocketing around the house with my friend his son. I'm not sure if I still have the scar because I've never shaved the top part of my head right down, but it had a couple of stitches in it. Kids are weird little fuckers who will suddenly become pirates and sail your bathtub away flooding the rest of the bathroom in the process or decide your walls are too boring and paint them.

Very true. I remember decided around kindergarten or first grade that I wanted those wall borders that looked like chalkboards, with the alphabet written on them. Like this

I decided to just draw my own, since I had the top bunk. I think I made it to F or G before I feel asleep. I woke up to a very unhappy mother.

I fell down the stairs at my grandmother's house when I was really old enough to not fall down stairs (seven or so) and split my lip and chipped a tooth. It was a baby tooth though, so no permanent damage.

edit:

Fruity Gordo posted:

loving hell i love poo poo like this toddlers are idiot midget drunks

I know, it owns. Constant entertainment.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
also when i was 4 i broke both my brothers arms by lunging at him and pulling him off a rope swing bc he stole my turn. he landed on rocks :twisted:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
drat, that is hardcore

edit: change thread title to "Ladies' Chatting Thread: welcome to the butt and bitch farm, Dogmeat."

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Fruity Gordo posted:

also when i was 4 i broke both my brothers arms by lunging at him and pulling him off a rope swing bc he stole my turn. he landed on rocks :twisted:

were you grounded for life

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Fruity Gordo posted:

I tired to kill my sister by pushing her down an escalator when she was in a shopping cart. Didn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i never ever got hurt even though i did all the normal kid things because i am either supernaturally lucky or supernaturally unlucky in every single aspect of my life

• Locked thread