Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011

Hogama posted:

A single cover Psylocke at 15 is boosted to 105 this event. Yeah, the Simulator is a lot more entertaining than the hard mode prologue chapters.
Right now, I'm seeing that also boosted are Hawkeye (Modern), Wolverine (Astonishing), Ares, Daredevil, and The Hood. Those are the ones I can see, anyway, I don't have all the characters.

I also noticed more boosted options in the warmup but forgot to note them all, so I'm guessing Round 2 will have a different boosted cast. I did see that Black Panther was one of those other boosted.

Psylocke, M. Thor, Doom, Black Panther, maybe others I don't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

LifeGetsWorser posted:

Having never actually posted in the thread before, but having played the game for a while, I shall (sheepishly) raise my hand in interest of this alliance business.

My name on there is the same as here, lifegetsworser.

Just send a request to G.O.O.N and then pass it forward to somebody else when you have saved enough HP to buy a spot.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Which of the super boosted ones are the essential heroes for missions?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Which of the super boosted ones are the essential heroes for missions?

Psylocke

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Shroud posted:

I know it's just me, but I swear the cascades are ridiculous lately. I've had characters knocked out in the first couple rounds multiple times the last couple days(to be fair, I've been a beneficiary too).

I've noticed the same thing, except all the cascades are for the CPU :argh:

Sinfjotli
Dec 22, 2003

Lemon Curry?

teb1288 posted:

If anyone else is looking to jump in an alliance, there is bad alliance with 2 of us in it. That means 3 open slots. We obviously won't be competing for the top prizes but you also don't have to spend HP to get a slot.

I'm up for a low effort alliance since I don't have a ton of HP to burn. PVP name is the same name as here, what's the alliance name?

teb1288
Feb 7, 2013

Sinfjotli posted:

I'm up for a low effort alliance since I don't have a ton of HP to burn. PVP name is the same name as here, what's the alliance name?

Hah, its called "bad alliance". It's a private alliance.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Man, I'm not really sure I agree with the developer's decision to make a special event token that only gives Hawkeye covers. I mean, I get that not many people play him because he kinda sucks and maybe needs a bit of promotion. But at least toss in a Bagman or something if only for the sake of variety.

Seriously my past six special event tokens have been five Hawkeyes and a yellow Wolverine :bang:

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 21, 2014

Sinfjotli
Dec 22, 2003

Lemon Curry?

teb1288 posted:

Hah, its called "bad alliance". It's a private alliance.

Haha sorry I'm an idiot. Sent a request.

Finncognito
Aug 12, 2008
Sent a request to bad alliance.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

I let you in and promoted you guys if it has any added benefits besides buying slots at the moment I dont know. Still have one slot if anyone else wants in. Reminder this is a low effort alliance.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

CaptainScraps posted:

Jesus christ if you put any time into Psylocke she's a MONSTER for this event.

You're not kidding! Right now I'm running almost every match in this with Psylocke, Wolverine, and *third person to point and laugh*. Usually Cap appropriately enough.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Scob posted:

I let you in and promoted you guys if it has any added benefits besides buying slots at the moment I dont know. Still have one slot if anyone else wants in. Reminder this is a low effort alliance.

Sent a request as MadJaymilton.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

:lol: That guy has a really high level M.Thor so I have no idea how that happened. (I bet my rear end he used Thor's green on my Thor and got destroyed by Storm's super-counter hitting three times).

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
If somebody wants to open a spot in bad alliance, I'll happily pay it forward.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Funktor posted:

If somebody wants to open a spot in bad alliance, I'll happily pay it forward.

Join G.O.O.N. we are mediocre as gently caress! And a new spot is only like 800 HP. Just tell me your username and send the request.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

trucutru posted:

Join G.O.O.N. we are mediocre as gently caress! And a new spot is only like 800 HP. Just tell me your username and send the request.

Sure. Sent request as Funktor.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Funktor posted:

Sure. Sent request as Funktor.

Done! I also promoted you to commander.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

trucutru posted:

Thanks. I bought the new slot.

UntrainedEye
Jul 6, 2006

trucutru posted:

I'd also like to join G.O.O.N. Sending a request as Dx34, and I've got enough HP to keep the door open after me.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

UntrainedEye posted:

I'd also like to join G.O.O.N. Sending a request as Dx34, and I've got enough HP to keep the door open after me.

Tructrue, you seem to be the boss, I'll leave that to you.

Loving OBW + Mag NOW! + C. Storm for Divine whatever tourney by the way.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Joined up, ready to pay it forward

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake
I'm willing to open up one more slot in wailing fungus but, the next member really needs to add another slot. We are at 9/9 right now but I'm not gonna add another spot until someone on here says they want it

UntrainedEye
Jul 6, 2006

Moon Man posted:

I'm willing to open up one more slot in wailing fungus but, the next member really needs to add another slot. We are at 9/9 right now but I'm not gonna add another spot until someone on here says they want it

Works for me. In-game name is Dx34, and I can open another slot.

Edit: Got another offer - please disregard.

UntrainedEye fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 22, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

UntrainedEye posted:

I don't see your request. Can you try sending it again? Thanks.

LifeGetsWorser posted:

Joined up, ready to pay it forward

Ok, added and promoted you. If UntrainedEye eye still wants to join please buy him a slot.

UntrainedEye
Jul 6, 2006

trucutru posted:

I don't see your request. Can you try sending it again? Thanks.

Well, nuts. I just left to try to join Moon Man's, and it says I have to wait a while before trying to join yours again.

Doesn't say how long, of course.

drat my impatience.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

UntrainedEye posted:

drat my impatience.

I think they posted on their forums that its 30 minutes.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

UntrainedEye posted:

Well, nuts. I just left to try to join Moon Man's, and it says I have to wait a while before trying to join yours again.

drat my impatience.

Ok, so that's what happened. In any case, try sending your request again whenever it lets you and by that time UntrainedEye should have bought the slot for you.

Edit: Oh, it's only 30 minutes. That's not bad.

UntrainedEye
Jul 6, 2006

trucutru posted:

Ok, so that's what happened. In any case, try sending your request again whenever it lets you and by that time UntrainedEye should have bought the slot for you.

In that case, I downgrade to darning my impatience. I'll join G.O.O.N. as soon as it lets me.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

UntrainedEye posted:

In that case, I downgrade to darning my impatience. I'll join G.O.O.N. as soon as it lets me.

Sorry, I messed up the names. I meant that LifeGetsWorse should get you a slot. I'm still a couple hundred points away from being able to do so.

UntrainedEye
Jul 6, 2006

trucutru posted:

Sorry, I messed up the names. I meant that LifeGetsWorse should get you a slot. I'm still a couple hundred points away from being able to do so.

I knew what you meant.

We should be past the half-hour mark, and when I search I see that G.O.O.N. is 8/8 with no open slots. If someone'll message me when a slot opens up, I'll join and open another.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I think I might have lucked into an early slack bracket in this divine champions. Nobody else has got to 700 points while I'm sitting here at just under 800. Usually the top off my bracket is sitting at least mid 900s.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Really early game, is it alright if I sell a normal Hawkeye that is lvl 3 and replace him with a level 15 Classic Spider-Man I just got from a heroic token? What about replacing a level 1 Venom with a level 6 Astonishing X-Men Wolverine? I don't really have enough hero coins or whatever to buy more slots than my 7 currently v:v:v

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
You'll be swimming in 1-star Hawkeyes and Venoms with recruit token draws and eventually can get enough hero points as you play prologue to open up more slots.

Definitely keep the Spider-Man and Wolverine though.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Spider-man is really hard to come by, and also freakishly good. Keep him at all costs.

Annoyed at another stupid Gold Character. Give us some creativity. On the plus side, there's the fact that the Simulator is a goddamn ISO Bonanza, and I might be able to max my Ares.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
Always sell poo poo to get spider man.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Until they nerfbat him, Spider-Man is king. Heals, stuns and shields? :eyepop:

The only bad thing is if his teammates die. He's not really a hard hitter.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

UntrainedEye posted:

I knew what you meant.

We should be past the half-hour mark, and when I search I see that G.O.O.N. is 8/8 with no open slots. If someone'll message me when a slot opens up, I'll join and open another.

Give me two minutes. Sorry, had to go to dinner, and my phone died.

EDIT: And upgraded!

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 22, 2014

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake
Well, like I said. Wailing Fungus is at 9/9 right now. I'll open up another slot if someone on here says they want it. I'm just a bit paranoid that if I open the slot, someone else will approve someone before confirming their status as a Goon. I doubt that will happen, but still, I'd like to be the one to take care of it.

I would also like for the next person to be able to open a slot, which, after adding them, will make the total 1100 HP. You don't have to do it right away, if you need some time to get points, that's cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UntrainedEye
Jul 6, 2006

LifeGetsWorser posted:

Give me two minutes. Sorry, had to go to dinner, and my phone died.

EDIT: And upgraded!

All cool. Just requested again as Dx34.