Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

are you guys acquainted with.... bangaa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Plutonis posted:

are you guys acquainted with.... bangaa?

i like those better than dragonborn. everyone calls werewolves furries but somehow 4e booby dragons always get a pass.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

yeah in ff12 there was a female lizard with those bounty hunter assholes who tried to get you but they are not dismorphic and have lizard boobs.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
anthropomorphic dragons are dumb

dragons are dumb

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Plutonis posted:

yeah in ff12 there was a female lizard with those bounty hunter assholes who tried to get you but they are not dismorphic and have lizard boobs.

Final Fantasy's Ivalice setting has better PC races than like 99% of D&D Settings.

And then the MMO went with Generic fantasy races :sigh:. I just wanted to play a Moogle Paladin. Or a Garif Dragoon. Or maybe an Urutan-Yensa caster.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Final Fantasy's Ivalice setting has better PC races than like 99% of D&D Settings.

And then the MMO went with Generic fantasy races :sigh:. I just wanted to play a Moogle Paladin. Or a Garif Dragoon. Or maybe an Urutan-Yensa caster.

kupo d'etat

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Chinese dragons are cool, Eurodragons loving stink if you try to make them these super-intelligent demigods instead of heraldic animals like griffons tho.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Plutonis posted:

what kind of scrub takes PD charms that cost willpower?

every single one because you gotta be running your paranoia combo every turn

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LSTB posted:

Chinese dragons are cool, Eurodragons loving stink if you try to make them these super-intelligent demigods instead of heraldic animals like griffons tho.

as always, blame tolkien

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Plutonis posted:

as always, blame tolkien

It's not Tolkien's fault, he intentionally made Smaug an overconfident fucktard. But, as with people masturbating over Boba Fett, they go, "hey, this dude is kinda badass, what if he DIDN'T die an appropriately humiliating death?"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dec 26, 2012

nice

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Fafnir wasn't even a dragon, but a dwarf shapeshifter.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Character idea: a demi-lich but instead of a skull or a hand or something dignified, a floating pelvic bone.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

200-odd demiliches assembled into one complete skeleton with a gestalt intelligence

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

200-odd demiliches assembled into one complete skeleton with a gestalt intelligence

using the swarm rules

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You seriously think that many of them would be able to work together?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
wasn't that one of the 3e charop jerkoff sessions, a swarm of awakened bugs in a hive mind using some rules from bovd

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Turn the question around: what could be so big that they'd be willing to cooperate for it? Make the campaign about that.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lich Plays Pokemon

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

worm that walks was a p cool monster from the bad 3e epic handbook. mage lets a zillion worms eat him, put his consciousness in them

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Unguided posted:

Lich Plays Pokemon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

for a second i thought it was the lovely returners rpg or the mediocre one that GiTP made (i play a game of it on irc)

that is the lovely returners rpg. what a loving bad system

Cease to Hope posted:

wasn't that one of the 3e charop jerkoff sessions, a swarm of awakened bugs in a hive mind using some rules from bovd

yeah i think that one came in second in that goon tournament after that literally immune to everything yuan-ti anathema some dude came up with

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bongo Bill posted:

Turn the question around: what could be so big that they'd be willing to cooperate for it? Make the campaign about that.
Elminster shows up as the same bullshit sexy dragon woman and wins best costume every goddamn time. This year the trophy will be ours.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Fungah! posted:

that is the lovely returners rpg. what a loving bad system

yeah i think that one came in second in that goon tournament after that literally immune to everything yuan-ti anathema some dude came up with

that goon tournament was won by someone with cleric and wizard levels

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bongo Bill posted:

They couldn't agree on who'd get the Hand of Vecna, this seemed like the best solution.

They're all cat-form druid lichs just doing what comes naturally.

They're liched-up rangers taking commands from the Holographic Head of Vecna.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 22, 2014

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

corn in the bible posted:

yeah and where is the unlimited saga tabletop game?

There is one; it's called Unlimited Saga.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Attorney at Funk posted:

the story of the epic level d&d 3.5e goon tournament rules

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
last remnant was a jrpg with some weird fantasy races

Dec 26, 2012

Attorney at Funk posted:

i for one am shocked at this

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

it ruled because the characters were like a hyper omni negaghost that was incorporeal to everything, an endlessly growing swarm of bees with infinitely high mental attributes, some sort of superpowerful mega warrior, a multiclass wizard/cleric, a ninja, and a samurai 20/ronin 10

the samurai 20/ronin 10 died in the first round, to the ninja. the multiclass wizard/cleric killed everyone else

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

gently caress i can never find a link to the winner's character sheet

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

okay here it is: http://mussel.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/~banana/sheets/Gul%20Banana%20%7C%20Lol-R-SK8.pdf

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

definitely the best part is that lol-r-sk8's base to-hit is +99 on the dot

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol jesus christ

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Attorney at Funk posted:

definitely the best part is that lol-r-sk8's base to-hit is +99 on the dot

banana collected attack bonuses and armor bonuses obsessively and then come tournament time discovered that his attack bonus and ac were both like, loving thirty or forty points higher than the opposing score on even his strongest foes

except for maybe the one superhero melee fighter, apparently that was one of the characters that gave lol r sk8 trouble (but didn't win for real, of course)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

pun-pun could gently caress that bitch up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

whoa

• Locked thread