Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The show is about Gordon solving the murder of Batmans parents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_(TV_series)

Alfred as a hardman from East London though ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

niethan posted:

A young up and coming cop Gordon is the protagonist, Batman is a kid too

Sounds like it'll be hot garbage. Maybe Young Bruce will make it to the bat-prom on bat-time, though! Thrilling!

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

LeJackal posted:

Sounds like it'll be hot garbage. Maybe Young Bruce will make it to the bat-prom on bat-time, though! Thrilling!

It's basically taking the mold of Gotham Central and telling a police detective story in Gotham city without it being about a weirdo dressed as a bat.

Bruce Wayne is a small role in the show. Gordon is the main character.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Vintersorg posted:

Oh, are we hurting her feelings? Who cares you big loving baby! If people do not like the way that actress looks they are perfectly in the OK to say whatever. Her eyes are wider than normal and it throws people off. Maybe she does look like an alien.

Put down your shield white knight.

Please stop being such a phenomenally lovely poster

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LeJackal posted:

Young Bruce at the prom would own.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Young Bruce at the prom would own.

All standing next to the men's room door glowering, periodically looking across the room at the punch bowl through night-vision binoculars to make sure no one tries to spike it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Mister J posted:

All standing next to the men's room door glowering, periodically looking across the room at the punch bowl through night-vision binoculars to make sure no one tries to spike it.

A single tear running down his face as Vitamin C's Graduation (Friends Forever) plays.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mister J posted:

Like isn't that so much better than the hundred iteration of brooding leatherman investigates the middle toe murderer? That is honestly more up network TV's alley.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Crosspost from the BSS movie thread, but here is the cast and crew movie poster for Winter Soldier

God I want that so badly :swoon:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

achillesforever6 posted:

Crosspost from the BSS movie thread, but here is the cast and crew movie poster for Winter Soldier

Now that's a good retro poster.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Like isn't that so much better than the hundred iteration of brooding leatherman investigates the middle toe murderer? That is honestly more up network TV's alley.

Oh most definitely. He's basically the gooniest dude ever, it's pitch perfect for a teen drama.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

It's basically taking the mold of Gotham Central and telling a police detective story in Gotham city without it being about a weirdo dressed as a bat.

Bruce Wayne is a small role in the show. Gordon is the main character.

I love that they cast Ben McKenzie as Gordon - meaning that he's basically playing the same character as he did in Southland. Ben Sherman did that detective exam he said he wanted to do, and here's where he ended up!

This can either be entertaining, or entertainingly horrible. There's no way they could make this boring (I'm tempting fate, aren't I)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

poo poo, they should've made that the general release poster.

I think it the one guy shooting who isn't Nick Fury is pretty distracting from it, though. As it is, he's blocking off the Winter Soldier's arm, so it would be better if they had moved him into one of the empty areas or replace motorcycle Cap with him where his outstretched arm would draw some eyeballs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Infamous Sphere posted:

I love that they cast Ben McKenzie as Gordon - meaning that he's basically playing the same character as he did in Southland. Ben Sherman did that detective exam he said he wanted to do, and here's where he ended up!

This can either be entertaining, or entertainingly horrible. There's no way they could make this boring (I'm tempting fate, aren't I)

Ben McKenzie? It's the loving O.C. by way of Gotham. That's really bad casting after seeing Gary Oldman as an old Gordan. I like the kid but he has the range of a piece of toast.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Ben McKenzie? It's the loving O.C. by way of Gotham. That's really bad casting after seeing Gary Oldman as an old Gordan. I like the kid but he has the range of a piece of toast.

So have you not seen Southland where he plays a cop really well or are you just an idiot rear end in a top hat fucker

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why is there discussion of TV show casting in this thread? That's 0 for 2 on being near the topic.

The Barrymore to the previously-posted Sandler:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why is there discussion of TV show casting in this thread? That's 0 for 2 on being near the topic.

Holy photoshop brush tool!!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Because someone decided this place was the best thread to post a casting picture for an upcoming TV series and goons being goons couldn't resist an opportunity to endlessly yammer on about stupid poo poo.

Also, some new Godzilla posters.

This one is a blatant re-do of an earlier one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That is an unflattering picture of her.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

MrBling posted:

The show is about Gordon solving the murder of Batmans parents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_(TV_series)

Alfred as a hardman from East London though ...

Have DC just given up? They really have no loving clue how to market/protect their franchises.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alouicious posted:

So have you not seen Southland where he plays a cop really well or are you just an idiot rear end in a top hat fucker

I haven't seen Southland, but I've seen every episode of The O.C. Which I like, and I like him in The O.C. but he didn't have a great range in that, and my last major exposure to Jim Gordan as a character was with Gary Oldman playing him. I hope it works, like I said, I like him, and he's got brooding down I'll admit. I'm just not sure he can carry a show, The O.C. was buoyed by the parents and Adam Brody and all of the actresses playing teenage girls who weren't Mischa Barton.

Edit:

Trump posted:

Have DC just given up? They really have no loving clue how to market/protect their franchises.
Protect? I think Warner Brother's looks at DC the same way oil companies look at tar sands.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

achillesforever6 posted:

Man, marring that great artwork with the loving Impact font is practically criminal.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Its like they're loving daring you to watch it.

I respect that they didn't go with the pat comedy poster, but, my god, Blended's posters are hideous.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

And here's the wonderful banner that combines all the best parts of the posters into something that is somehow worse than the sum of its parts.

You're welcome.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

And here's the wonderful banner that combines all the best parts of the posters into something that is somehow worse than the sum of its parts.

You're welcome.

Why do all the kids look all the same? Seriously, they all seem to be wearing tracksuits and have mop haircuts.

Also, Terry Crews :smithicide:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Because someone decided this place was the best thread to post a casting picture for an upcoming TV series and goons being goons couldn't resist an opportunity to endlessly yammer on about stupid poo poo.

It's supposed to be a character poster, actually, but right now it's only her and Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock.

Here's another poster for something on TV with a familiar title:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

The MSJ posted:

It's supposed to be a character poster, actually, but right now it's only her and Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock.

This is the only interesting thing anyone has said about this show so far.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Vargo posted:

This is the only interesting thing anyone has said about this show so far.

It's pretty terrific casting, and it definitely made me at least a little curious about the show. I might need to watch Terriers again.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Irish Joe posted:

Its like they're loving daring you to watch it.

I respect that they didn't go with the pat comedy poster, but, my god, Blended's posters are hideous.
I'm not going to watch it, but I can't wait for the Half in the Bag review of it. Though that would probably lead to more treading of the ground from the Jack and Jill review.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Looking at the posters I have no idea what Blended is supposed to be about or what type of movie it is even is. A family's African holiday slideshow?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Looking at the posters I have no idea what Blended is supposed to be about or what type of movie it is even is. A family's African holiday slideshow?

I don't know either but it has Adam Sandler in it so you know it's gonna be good.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Yaws posted:

I don't know either but it has Adam Sandler in it so you know it's gonna be good.

Also that chick that hooked up with him in that other film with Sandler. You know he's gonna git-er-done!

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

This one is a blatant re-do of an earlier one.

I really like these ones because I have trouble with sense of scale, and these are the first ones that make me go 'jesus christ he's HUGE!'.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Suzuki Method posted:

I really like these ones because I have trouble with sense of scale, and these are the first ones that make me go 'jesus christ he's HUGE!'.

I love the one with the clouds. Apart from the better colour contrast, it looks like the choppers are just there to track old Zilla's movements while he's still out at sea. Of course there's nothing they can do about it (and he's unconcerned by a bunch of gnats buzzing around) except report which way he's heading.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Adam Sandler and his friends wanted to go to Africa so they pretended to make a movie. The actual plot description is flat out retarded.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

muscles like this? posted:

Adam Sandler and his friends wanted to go to Africa so they pretended to make a movie. The actual plot description is flat out retarded.

Yep.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Young Freud posted:

Why do all the kids look all the same? Seriously, they all seem to be wearing tracksuits and have mop haircuts.

That description makes it sound like a spin-off from The Royal Tenenbaums, about Chas, his kids and a girlfriend.

Young Freud posted:

Also, Terry Crews :smithicide:

Dude survived Battledome or whatever that American Gladiators knock-off was called and he's got Brooklyn Nine-Nine. He'll be fine.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

I can't believe I never noticed this...

No time for a full post this week.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vagabundo posted:

You're welcome.
Literally the only part of this movie I am looking forward to is the Half in the Bag review of it. Although hearing Paul Scheer, Jason Mantzoukas and Andy Daly talk about the trailer for it in the Winter's Tale episode of How Did This Get Made was pretty hilarious too. It sounds like a fake movie, and yet it is very, very real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Literally the only part of this movie I am looking forward to is the Half in the Bag review of it.

In their Jack & Jill review they guessed that Adam Sandler uses movies like this to take his family and friends on vacation on somebody else's dollar (like the Carnival cruise in Jack &Jill) so Blended is basically Adam Sandler's Family Trip to Africa: Brought to You By Warner Bros.