Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I don't recognize that. Should I be ashamed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Soonmot posted:

Well if you should be, then I'll be ashamed with you.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The soundtrack to Trouble Man, a pretty okay soul cinema flik, was done entirely by Marvin Gaye and is outstanding. Kind of a left field pitch, though.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Soonmot posted:

AnonSpore posted:

Well if you should be, then I'll be ashamed with you.

Marvin Gaye. Don't worry, I had to look it up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mr. Maltose posted:

The soundtrack to Trouble Man, a pretty okay soul cinema flik, was done entirely by Marvin Gaye and is outstanding. Kind of a left field pitch, though.

Not when you consider who tells him to listen to it.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Trouble Man, for anyone who's never heard it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Agents of Shield thread in TVIV is dropping some spoilers about TWS like Allied bombers over Dresden, but nothing too major. Sounds like speculation about the post credits scene are correct though.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

twistedmentat posted:

Lets make wild speculations about the TBA films

Man-Thing reboot.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Dacap posted:

Paolo Rivera made a pretty sweet cast and crew poster for Cap 2

Can this get more attention? Is this available somewhere?

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Kingtheninja posted:

Can this get more attention? Is this available somewhere?

If it's like his poster for the first Captain America movie, then it's a limited run for the cast and crew of the film.

Here's a non-cellphone version, from Paolo Rivera's web site:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Nah, I'm not big into that at all.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
It may have been said and it's only tangentially related to the thread but the excuse for why Andy(Chris Pratt) lost all the weight(for his role in Guardians of the Galaxy) on Parks and Recreation is hilarious.

I just watched the season 6 opener, sorry.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think he lost that weight for Zero Dark Thirty actually.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

greatn posted:

He did then he gained some of it back. He said that when he talked to Marvel about the role they asked if he could trim down again to that level.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

greatn posted:

He lost weight for Zero Dark Thirty but then went all the way up to about 280 or something for that movie with Vince Vaughn. Then he had to lose it all again for Guardians.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

He lost weight for Zero Dark Thirty but then went all the way up to about 280 or something for that movie with Vince Vaughn. Then he had to lose it all again for Guardians.

Jesus his poor heart. What do you even eat to do that?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

HaitianDivorce posted:

An entire Christian Bale

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

HaitianDivorce posted:

From what I've read from interviews with other actors who've done the same thing, you just eat five meals a day like a fuckin' hobbit. Also, a lot of protein shakes.

VVV: Oh, I was talking about the gaining it part. I'm sure the losing it is different.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 24, 2014

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

TwoPair posted:

From what I've read from interviews with other actors who've done the same thing, you just eat five meals a day like a fuckin' hobbit. Also, a lot of protein shakes.

Also, steroids and working out as a full time job.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The thing that guys like Jackman, Cavill and Hemseworth were doing was something like 5000 calories a day, 2 sets of 2 hour intense workouts every single day. You end up super mega ultra ripped, but as soon as you stop you deflate.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

hi liter posted:

Hemsworth, Evans and Jackman probably used HGH, not steroids, considering the side effects/risk.
:goonsay:

Also, Cavill apparently bulked up naturally under guidance of Mark Twight — an insane alpine climber who founded Gym Jones — and completely bought into Twight's/Gym Jones' functional fitness philosophy so he stayed pretty huge even after Man of Steel was done filming (I think he trains at Gym Jones facilities regularly now too). I'm sure he couldn't maintain the percentage of body fat he was at for filming MoS, but Cavill still had the bulk/size while filming The Man from UNCLE. Recent photos of him prepping for the Superman/Batman movie kind of look like he's gotten even bigger than he was in MoS. Which is ridiculous.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yeah there is no doubt that Jackman juices on HGH like crazy. He's going to continue to end up looking like a weird vein ridden mess the longer he does/Wolverine and X-Men films get dragged out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah there is no doubt that Jackman juices on HGH like crazy. He's going to continue to end up looking like a weird vein ridden mess the longer he does/Wolverine and X-Men films get dragged out.

Apparently one of his "secrets" is to seriously dehydrate himself in the hours leading up to filming a scene in which he will appear shirtless. Helps to tighten the skin over the muscles. Also the veins. It's gross.

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010

jivjov posted:

Apparently one of his "secrets" is to seriously dehydrate himself in the hours leading up to filming a scene in which he will appear shirtless. Helps to tighten the skin over the muscles. Also the veins. It's gross.
Not really a secret, bodybuilders have been doing that for decades.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

T-1000 posted:

Not really a secret, bodybuilders have been doing that for decades.

Shows how much I know. The interview I read had him present that factoid like it was some deep secret.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

jivjov posted:

Shows how much I know. The interview I read had him present that factoid like it was some deep secret.

Most other actors do the same thing for their shirtless scenes. They'll also do a few reps of pushups, pullups or whatever to get a pump (engorge their muscles with blood) before a scene to make themselves appear bigger. Typically along with dehydration, an actor's caloric/carb intake is drastically dialed back prior to shirtless scenes to make them as vascular/sinewy as possible. Some guys overdo that poo poo (Jackman's super veins and Hemsworth looking puffy), but others look pretty good (Evans' build in Cap was solid). That said, Mark Twight molded Henry Cavill and Gerard Butler into what I think is the ideal male physique, comic book superhero/spartan warrior or not.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

New Days of Future Past trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acRHWnfZAE

It looks less boring than the first trailer anyway and you can kind of see why they were so afraid of showing of a lot of CGI. Also you can guess what Storm's only scene is :v:

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

hi liter posted:

Yeah, he kind of pissed me off when he said, "if I can lose that much weight anyone can" in an interview. Sorry, Chris, most people don't have paid nutritionists and trainers to help us get in shape, which just so happens to be our full time job. It would be nice.

I met Michael Shannon last summer at Wizard World (sold him a Kneel Before Zod shirt, it was awesome) and was surprised by how skinny he had gotten since Man of Steel. If you're not consuming massive calories and working out all the time, all the muscle goes away.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, that CGI on Colossus looks rooouuuugggh, man. I still think it'll be an awesome movie, though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TwoPair posted:

VVV: Oh, I was talking about the gaining it part. I'm sure the losing it is different.

For The Machinist he ate an apple a day. Like, a single apple. For FOUR months.

(He had doctors and people keeping track of his health but still, that's insane)

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

New Days of Future Past trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acRHWnfZAE

It looks less boring than the first trailer anyway and you can kind of see why they were so afraid of showing of a lot of CGI. Also you can guess what Storm's only scene is :v:
I don't like how it doesn't really show anything of the movie.

I get that there are people who don't want to risk spoiling anything - and yet ... - but that trailer doesn't really do much.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It just looks like more X-Men, really. The old cast and young cast blending should be a big deal, but it's just written off as whatever. It's a comic book movie. Catch up.

Has there been any explanation revealed why Hoult is back to normal? He's human when he's with Wolverine and Tumnus in Cerebro, then there's a shot of him blue and yelling. Time travel shnnanigans?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Inkspot posted:

It just looks like more X-Men, really. The old cast and young cast blending should be a big deal, but it's just written off as whatever. It's a comic book movie. Catch up.

Has there been any explanation revealed why Hoult is back to normal? He's human when he's with Wolverine and Tumnus in Cerebro, then there's a shot of him blue and yelling. Time travel shnnanigans?

I believe they said in an interview that he's improved his serum to make him look normal but he will "Beast-out" like the Hulk when angry or stressed.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Trailer is not available in the UK. Anyone got a mirror?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Dacap posted:

I believe they said in an interview that he's improved his serum to make him look normal but he will "Beast-out" like the Hulk when angry or stressed.

There were shots of them filming with blue-beast in ripped up street clothes in the middle of a crowd that supports this too.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Sion posted:

Trailer is not available in the UK. Anyone got a mirror?

This work?

Along with Beast being human they have Xavier walking in parts too but I guess that might be representation of him people minds or that.

Waterhaul fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 24, 2014

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Waterhaul posted:

This work?

Along with Beast be human they have Xavier walking in parts too but I guess that might be representation of him people minds or that.

Yep, works in the uk.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah, that CGI on Colossus looks rooouuuugggh, man. I still think it'll be an awesome movie, though.

They've never really been able to make him look good so it just might be something that doesn't translate to live action.

Dauher
Jul 22, 2007
The man from not near.
Since that trailer was too normal and good, they decided to release a counter balancing goofy poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

Dauher posted:

Since that trailer was too normal and good, they decided to release a counter balancing goofy poster.

That can't be official, right? Prof. X looks so stupid with his floating chair. It would be a great poster for a comedy film.

• Locked thread