Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, hell even the History of Wrestlemania had Foley a week before JR had him, though they covered largely different areas.

Has Jericho's show picked up? I listened to his first one with Austin and it didn't really connect with me, but that may have just been teething problems with his first show.

The Edge and Bret Hart ones are pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Nowinski one is real good.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So I'm listening in on the Foley interview that's free today, apparently Bryan is NOT a hugger and the entire Hug gimmick was a rib.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Onmi posted:

So I'm listening in on the Foley interview that's free today, apparently Bryan is NOT a hugger and the entire Hug gimmick was a rib.

Well yeah, Generico showed everyone that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiNo-0sIGH0

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punchcasts: What is the best/worst match Meltzer ever rated 5 stars?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

NienNunb posted:

Punchcasts: What is the best/worst match Meltzer ever rated 5 stars?

Related - which of the 4.75 matches do you think should be 5s?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, hell even the History of Wrestlemania had Foley a week before JR had him, though they covered largely different areas.

Has Jericho's show picked up? I listened to his first one with Austin and it didn't really connect with me, but that may have just been teething problems with his first show.

Both Chavo parts are really good but if you're only going to listen to one, just listen to part 2. It gets a little uncomfortable since they start talking about Benoit's final days but it's also p. interesting.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

gently caress you guys the "Have you got my money" song is great.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Buff Bagwell interview was surprisingly good. Crazy stories but he does seem clean from drugs.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Onmi posted:

"The Foley interview that's free today."

I've found like seven or eight free Foley interviews, which one are you talking about? Cause I'm confused.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Skunkrocker posted:

"The Foley interview that's free today."

I've found like seven or eight free Foley interviews, which one are you talking about? Cause I'm confused.

Observer Radio.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

sunsweet posted:

You guys really nailed the issues with NXT that I've noticed. Orgia Carnaval, seriously though, Lana is terrible.

But she's pretty!

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Review-a-Wai this week features an interview with Cena from 2005. Christ almighty that rapper accent

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Made you guys a new ringtone http://t.co/NiNdF4Emzj

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

epitasis posted:

Made you guys a new ringtone http://t.co/NiNdF4Emzj

He marked 100 episodes in style :)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"It's not that they're showing WCCW and Mid South out of order because they don't want you to see what properly booked wrestling looks like it's just they don't realise that they are meant to be watched in order." :allears:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Punch/Pisscast: Come up with a legitimately compelling scenario where the "try to cover/pin [wrestler] again, immediately after trying, and failing, to cover/pin [wrestler] the first time" strategy actually works, and gets over with the crowd, in a big match (let's say SummerSlam or Royal Rumble caliber, at least). Use contemporary names that could conceivably be in main event matches in the modern era, and also just NJPW this poo poo later because we all want to know how Okada pins a dude twice and makes him stay down the second time with no offense in-between pin attempts.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Desumaytah posted:

Punch/Pisscast: Come up with a legitimately compelling scenario where the "try to cover/pin [wrestler] again, immediately after trying, and failing, to cover/pin [wrestler] the first time" strategy actually works, and gets over with the crowd, in a big match (let's say SummerSlam or Royal Rumble caliber, at least). Use contemporary names that could conceivably be in main event matches in the modern era, and also just NJPW this poo poo later because we all want to know how Okada pins a dude twice and makes him stay down the second time with no offense in-between pin attempts.

Tracy Smothers did that to Bradshaw in 95 on an Action Zone or something. I can not find footagem not that anyone cares.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Desumaytah posted:

The commentators selling it could make it work for the audience at home. Get someone who knows what the gently caress they're doing on the mike to say something like "Bah gawd that kick out took the last ounce of <wrestler>'s intestinal fortitude! I don't think he's got anything left in the tank! He's been to the well one too many times! The challenger covers him again! One! Two! And there's the three count! As gawd is mah witness, we have a new champion!"

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Fairly sure the only times I've ever seen it work is when it was a heel who then cheated to get the win. That's something I miss - none of the heels actually really cheat that much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

The Edge and Bret Hart ones are pretty cool.

I listened to the first part of the Edge one, I had no idea WWE paid off his student loan (40k!) when they signed him. That was pretty loving cool. Also that they basically signed him, were paying him $200 a week but sent him off to just continue working his usual indy schedule (and get paid) while they figured out exactly how they wanted to slot him into the main roster.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LordPants posted:

"It's not that they're showing WCCW and Mid South out of order because they don't want you to see what properly booked wrestling looks like it's just they don't realise that they are meant to be watched in order." :allears:

I get where Dave's coming from. Always assume incompetence before malice.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

rovert posted:

The Buff Bagwell interview was surprisingly good. Crazy stories but he does seem clean from drugs.

Is there a wrestler more appropriate to be married to a woman with the same first and middle names as his mother?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

I get where Dave's coming from. Always assume incompetence before malice.

Oh I get it, I just find it funny.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Punch/Pisscat: Heath Slater vs. Brooklyn Brawler vs. Barry Horowitz Triple Threat - Who wins and who takes the pin?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Jay from OSWReview has interviewed Maffew.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Episode 100 of the Saturday Night Curtain Jerkers!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punch/Piss/Whatever: Is Mike Tenay the ugliest man in wrestling? If not him than who?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I like Semp's line tonight "That isn't pro wrestling, that's 1 v 1 canvas mat"

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Punch/Piss/Whatever: Is Mike Tenay the ugliest man in wrestling? If not him than who?

Bruiser Bob Sweetan or the French Angel.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

NienNunb posted:

We live in a world where both Jun Kasai and Abdullah Kobayashi exist.

So no.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

We live in a world where both Jun Kasai and Abdullah Kobayashi exist.

So no.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

mike tenay is not a good looking man but he's not someone who would stop people on the street with his appearance.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jos LeDuc gets my vote. He looks like somebody put a fire on his face out with an axe.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:vince: That ratty gently caress, Christian

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Really? You're arguing that is worse than Jun Kasai, a man who looks like his face has been replaced with a melted boot?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Jos LeDuc gets my vote. He looks like somebody put a fire on his face out with an axe.

If you count old dead guys the French Angel comes to mind. He was rumored to have been the inspiration for Shrek but it's unconfirmed.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 23, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

Really? You're arguing that is worse than Jun Kasai, a man who looks like his face has been replaced with a melted boot?

He looks like a bird. An ugly loving bird.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 32: Nothing's Wrong With Me

Drowning Pool rules.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ik8hc26nfakpd3p/032+Wrestlehut+PisscastNo+Intro.mp3

oatgan fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Commentary over Snow Dogs, as promised.

• Locked thread