Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I'm disappointed Little John didn't turn into a big fat flying monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Captain Mog posted:

e2: Is that convulsing guy who turned into a flying monkey The Fat Guy from "Lost"?

I also thought that it was the Lost guy, which is weird because Lost Guy is supposed to be a giant, not Little John.

Regina's last line on that episode was fabulous. Her eyes were sparkling with excitement as she said the "someone to destroy" line.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?
A small detail, but I loved the shot of the bike with the basket on the Wicked Witch's front porch

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
God drat this show has the worst fans. People were in a random uproar on OUAT's page about Rapunzel being black. Oh no, anything but the fictional children's book character being black! The horror, the horror!

Anyway, she rocked the role and I liked her performance.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I hate Hook so much.

Why is your shirt open there's snow outside idiot.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Was I the only one muttering, "Just cut the rope. Just cut the rope. Just loving cut the rope! Why are you waiting?!"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Troposphere posted:

I hate Hook so much.

I laughed pretty hard at when he's picking berries with his hook and Emma is like "You'll use any excuse to use that thing won't you"

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Captain Mog posted:

God drat this show has the worst fans. People were in a random uproar on OUAT's page about Rapunzel being black. Oh no, anything but the fictional children's book character being black! The horror, the horror!

Anyway, she rocked the role and I liked her performance.
Really? What the hell. I thought she was pretty good and a use of Rapunzel.

Colour me stupid and giddy but I guess Zelena is going to collect a totem for heart/courage/brain which I'm interested to see where it goes.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Wonderland has been pretty entertaining, but it got tedious when I realized the entire plot is just musical chairs (?) with macguffins.

The show starts off with 3 parties and 2 macguffins (genie and lamp). Any time someone has one of the macguffins and manages to get the second, they come back to find their original one has been stolen. After a bunch of episodes like this, someone finally manages to get both macguffins, only to discover that there is actually a third macguffin that is needed (heart). The person finally gets all 3 macguffins, only to lose a now-revealed fourth macguffin in the process. So now they'll probably discover that they need macguffin 4 (cane), and at some point it's probably going to be used to cause them to lose macguffins 1 and 2 before they can reacquire it.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Sober posted:

Colour me stupid and giddy but I guess Zelena is going to collect a totem for heart/courage/brain which I'm interested to see where it goes.

She'll probably get Belle for brain and then a shocker (Regina?) for Heart.

Ela
Jan 10, 2011
That episode's hooded figure kinda creeped me out a wee bit!! I liked Rapunzel though, will we see more? Or was that.. it.

Also Hook can keep his shirt open as long as he wants, but i think the puppy dog eyes are overkill sometimes.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

LentThem posted:

Wonderland has been pretty entertaining, but it got tedious when I realized the entire plot is just musical chairs (?) with macguffins.

That's part of Wonderland's charm in my opinion. It reminds me a lot of the 2nd and 3rd Pirates movies: an endless series of plots, schemes and maneuvers as each character (or group of characters) tries to get the upper hand on every other character. Yeah, Jafar is inevitably going to get his hands on all three genies and poo poo will go down, but its fun watching the characters get there nonetheless.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Ela posted:

That episode's hooded figure kinda creeped me out a wee bit!! I liked Rapunzel though, will we see more? Or was that.. it.

Also Hook can keep his shirt open as long as he wants, but i think the puppy dog eyes are overkill sometimes.

Apparently, Rapunzel is an awesome climber. If my dark self was scaling a tower it'd be trying to act menacingly in-between desperate wheezes.

Speaking of Wonderland, I liked that they finally explained the contradiction between the Barbara Hershey Red Queen with the Anna one. It was such a simple solution (there's more than one red queen in a playing card suit) that I feel pretty silly that I never thought of it.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

ashez2ashes posted:

Speaking of Wonderland, I liked that they finally explained the contradiction between the Barbara Hershey Red Queen with the Anna one. It was such a simple solution (there's more than one red queen in a playing card suit) that I feel pretty silly that I never thought of it.

What contradiction? Cora was the Queen of Hearts, Anastasia is the Red Queen. Completely different characters, even in the original books.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

foxatee posted:

Was I the only one muttering, "Just cut the rope. Just cut the rope. Just loving cut the rope! Why are you waiting?!"

Yeah. The rest of us thought "hair" instead of "rope".

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

nelson posted:

Yeah. The rest of us thought "hair" instead of "rope".

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Details.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I accidentally clicked on the thread before watching, read that, and didn't comprehend it was a spoiler until just now. Figured Wonderland was a rope-heavy episode or something.

It was oddly placed as a flashback. David didn't know what he was looking at the second time around. It was abstract enough as to be lopped off completely without issue. I guess it took place in the missing year?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Yeah it was definitely missing year. David was worried about being a good father the second time around.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
... I meant the whole Rapunzel bit. Not the waking-up-from-nightmare.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I imagine most/all of the flashbacks this season will be dealing with the missing year.

I wasn't a fan of the fighting-your-demons thing. I just thought it was bad and really cheesy and wished they had used Rapunzel for something more.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

JawnV6 posted:

... I meant the whole Rapunzel bit. Not the waking-up-from-nightmare.

He woke up from the nightmare, Snow told him the news, and he headed out into the forest to look for fearweed or whatever and met Rapunzel. All happened in the lost year.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Ah, right, apologies. My mistake!

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Macaluso posted:

wished they had used Rapunzel for something more.

I hope that Rapunzel becomes a reoccurring character. There's a chance she could turn up in Storybrooke (or in more Enchanted Forest flashbacks).

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I imagine most/all of the flashbacks this season will be dealing with the missing year.

I wasn't a fan of the fighting-your-demons thing. I just thought it was bad and really cheesy and wished they had used Rapunzel for something more.
I'm fine with the flashbacks right now, um just going they realize they have a much larger cast than they remember. That's mostly why I hated the second half of S2, it was mainly because all of a sudden every other week felt like the flashback was 'Regina pops in to remind Snow she is evil, she gets captured and Snow forgives her for the umpteenth time. Oh here's a Rumple episode to keep it fresh! '

I'm fine as long as they can squeeze in Grumpy or Jiminy or anyone else once in a while without forcing The Charmings/Regina/Rumple into every week. But at the pace the show has been going at since S2, I'm guessing this is just not gonna happen.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I keep thinking I've seen Rapunzel in something but I recognize nothing on her IMDB page. I thought she did a good job though, I'd like to see her back. Also, because unlike the Facebook fans of OUAT apparently, I like diversity and messing with fairy tales. I mean, isn't that why OUAT was pitched in the first place? Mixed up fairy tales?

Edit: Also, I was thinking last night that this would be a pretty excruciating show to rewatch. The whole "David in a coma" thing, and "Emma doesn't believe" thing would, again, be excruciating to go through again. I think if I was doing a rewatch I'd start with season 2.

Tupping Liberty fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 25, 2014

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Andrew_1985 posted:

She'll probably get Belle for brain and then a shocker (Regina?) for Heart.

I think the heart of the truest believer and she basically took Rupustilskin's brain. I thought the Wicked Witch was Penny from Lost (not Penny's boat) but now I know it;s the red head from Lost.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Troposphere posted:

I hate Hook so much.

I said this when I was watching with my girlfriend and she mentioned that I wouldn't be complaining if Regina was busting out of a shirt in the middle of winter and she is right.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Tupping Liberty posted:

Edit: Also, I was thinking last night that this would be a pretty excruciating show to rewatch. The whole "David in a coma" thing, and "Emma doesn't believe" thing would, again, be excruciating to go through again. I think if I was doing a rewatch I'd start with season 2.

If you did that you'd miss a lot of great town shenanigans (remember Red, the Magic Mirror and the Sheriff?), flashbacks and the height of Regina's smug evilness.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Yes as much as I hate the Storybrook plot in S1, it's still right now my favourite season (though S3 is doing a drat fine job) since they actually did play with the whole cast and show us their crazy origins. Still wish they'd show us more.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Sober posted:

I'm fine with the flashbacks right now, um just going they realize they have a much larger cast than they remember. That's mostly why I hated the second half of S2, it was mainly because all of a sudden every other week felt like the flashback was 'Regina pops in to remind Snow she is evil, she gets captured and Snow forgives her for the umpteenth time. Oh here's a Rumple episode to keep it fresh! '

I'm fine as long as they can squeeze in Grumpy or Jiminy or anyone else once in a while without forcing The Charmings/Regina/Rumple into every week. But at the pace the show has been going at since S2, I'm guessing this is just not gonna happen.

I agree that I'd love to have a more fleshed-out plotline involving the entire cast. Unfortunately, I think things are going to be "OMGRumple/Henry memory," with secondary cast falling to the wayside until that's sorted. The Charmings' baby is going to play a big part (Dorothy?) in this season.

I hope I'm wrong and everyone is tied up in the plot.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

I know the writers can do it... There's a reason I watched almost all of "Lost." No spoilers please, I've almost convinced my fiancé to watch.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
The shaving scene was disturbing/amazing.

I'm glad Henry learned how to act.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Maybe it's puberty hitting.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
He's also not having to scream the plot every few minutes, just playing a normal kid who thinks he's on vacation in a small town. Who knew disaffectedly staring at a DS was harder than driving the entire plot?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

I wasn't expecting Wonderland to ever be renewed anyway but I'm glad it looks like it's going out with a real bang.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Once in Wonderland is officially gone after one season, and the series finale is next week. I've enjoyed it (mostly for Emma Rigby & Michael Socha), but it definitely had its issues.

If those two could somehow join Once, I'd be so happy.

Either way, pretty excited to see how it ends up! I kind of like it being fully contained in one season, tbh. I'd love if they did similar ones for the other lands (Oz, Land Without Color?). Just one-season spin offs.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

The problem with shuffling some of the cast into the flagship show is that OUAT barely touches its secondary character anymore, which I kinda hate even though it helps move the plot.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Gnossiennes posted:

Once in Wonderland is officially gone after one season, and the series finale is next week. I've enjoyed it (mostly for Emma Rigby & Michael Socha), but it definitely had its issues.

If those two could somehow join Once, I'd be so happy.

They would get lost among the 500 other characters on Once, one of the reasons Wonderland worked is because they could tell a short and simple story. It definitely had its cheesy moments, and the shoestring budget didn't do them any favours, but it has a lot of heart, that is why i prefer it over Once.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Oasx posted:

They would get lost among the 500 other characters on Once, one of the reasons Wonderland worked is because they could tell a short and simple story. It definitely had its cheesy moments, and the shoestring budget didn't do them any favours, but it has a lot of heart, that is why i prefer it over Once.

Michael Socha already has a connection so if any will be joining it will be him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Gnossiennes posted:

Wonderland was the first really good cheesy action/adventure show to come around since Legend of the Seeker was cancelled and I'm definitely going to miss it.

• Locked thread