Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
An ad for the Owarimonogatari vol 3 novel also has a note saying the Hanamonogatari anime will be airing for 5 weeks starting May 31st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

darkgray posted:

An ad for the Owarimonogatari vol 3 novel also has a note saying the Hanamonogatari anime will be airing for 5 weeks starting May 31st.

In retrospect with Nisekoi being 20 episodes we should have figured they'd have something to fill in that gap. This fits the bill nicely.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Neato. Of course, I don't know that I'll be satisfied with Araragi as the narrator after being exposed to Kaiki.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

HellCopter posted:

Neato. Of course, I don't know that I'll be satisfied with Araragi as the narrator after being exposed to Kaiki.

Huh? Kanbaru is the narrator this time. Araragi barely shows up.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

darkgray posted:

Huh? Kanbaru is the narrator this time. Araragi barely shows up.

Hmm, not sure how I feel about that one. On the other hand, we haven't seen her for a while so having her as the narrator would make up for that absence.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Kanbaru's interesting in that she's a relatively normal person who actually talks to her classmates.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

There's something wrong with a 14-year old girl talking about all this sperm...
I don't think we've seen things from Kanbaru's perspective yet, so things should be interesting! Looking forward to this.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

i300 posted:

I don't think we've seen things from Kanbaru's perspective yet, so things should be interesting! Looking forward to this.

As long as they downplay the "I'm a pervert" stuff it should be fine.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Why would you think this would happen?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

trucutru posted:

This is like asking Shaft not to put headtilts into their shows.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

trucutru posted:

That's mostly just how she acts around Araragi.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Yeah, that's what I hope. I haven't read the books or whatever so I don't know how she acts in those.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Clarste posted:

Then lets hope there's about as much Araragi in this as there was in Kaiki's.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

trucutru posted:

This show may not be for you my friend.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Here's a commercial for Hanamonogatari: link

I wonder if the tone will surprise people.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Really creepy Ougi in a male school uniform, and a brown-haired girl we've never seen before are what caught my eye.

Also, Kaiki. Speaking of which, this takes place some time during the events of Second Season, right?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Really creepy Ougi in a male school uniform, and a brown-haired girl we've never seen before are what caught my eye.

Also, Kaiki. Speaking of which, this takes place some time during the events of Second Season, right?

It takes place after Araragi's graduation, at the start of the new semester.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Clarste posted:

It takes place after Araragi's graduation, at the start of the new semester.

Oh my god. Kaiki seems to have lied about his death. Kaiki, you master troll. :allears:

That's just so loving ridiculous. This is the most Nisio Isin thing ever, god damnit.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

i300 posted:

That's just so loving ridiculous. This is the most Nisio Isin thing ever, god damnit.

It's only like this because of the anime. In the books this was published first, so the ending of Hitagi End is obviously a lie.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Clarste posted:

It's only like this because of the anime. In the books this was published first, so the ending of Hitagi End is obviously a lie.

Oh yeah, completely forgot the order of the books. To be honest, this order is pretty great. Made the end of Hitagi End just that more impactful.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

i300 posted:

Oh my god. Kaiki seems to have lied about his death. Kaiki, you master troll. :allears:

I don't know if he really lied. He was attacked, and was bleeding out, but maybe he was saved by someone.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Wonder if this thing can beat Ellen's retweet record: https://twitter.com/mokotan365/statuses/447615034055618560

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
41 jokes and 1 truth...

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
So I was catching up on this thread and I got to when you guys started talking about the final arc of the Second Series, and how there was no OP for the first episode, and I couldn't help but think, looking back at it, that you guys have no idea what's in store.

A page later, this thread really delivered.

I'm surprised nobody pointed out that... Commie, I think? subbed the 90s sequences in yellow rather than the standard they were using in order to really capture that VHS feel. That was really something.

Looking forward to Hanamonogatari, I wasn't too fond of Kanbaru in Bakemonogatari but she really grew on me.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gravefront posted:

I'm surprised nobody pointed out that... Commie, I think? subbed the 90s sequences in yellow rather than the standard they were using in order to really capture that VHS feel. That was really something.

That's because it was on Crunchyroll, so there'd be no need to discuss the fansubs.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
Someone linked a screenshot of the yellowsubs, I expected it to get a reaction, because it was pretty neat. :shrug:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

That's because it was on Crunchyroll, so there'd be no need to discuss the fansubs.

Weren't Crunchyroll's subs like, two weeks late, though? Wasn't it Daisuki that had them on schedule?

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Weren't Crunchyroll's subs like, two weeks late, though? Wasn't it Daisuki that had them on schedule?
Aniplex of Japan wanted Daisuki to simulcast it first. Crunchyroll's version came out literally 30 days following the Daisuki streams.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Fairly sure that Crunchyroll had the same subs as the Daisuki streams anyways.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that every show that's on both Daisuki and Crunchyroll has the same subs. It's just how Aniplex works.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

ultimatemegax posted:

Aniplex of Japan wanted Daisuki to simulcast it first. Crunchyroll's version came out literally 30 days following the Daisuki streams.

Is there a reason it was a whole month later as opposed to a week or even a few days?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Third and final volume of Owarimonogatari came out today, so I've put in an order. No idea if there's more to come after that.

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

ViggyNash posted:

Is there a reason it was a whole month later as opposed to a week or even a few days?
Longer time to promote the site at launch. It's still the only place to legally watch Nekomonogatari Black streaming-wise. The negative reaction and the increasing popularity of Crunchy kinda took away from it when Crunchy got to stream the OreImo OVAs worldwide a month later. (not commenting on the series, but the business aspect)

darkgray posted:

Third and final volume of Owarimonogatari came out today, so I've put in an order. No idea if there's more to come after that.
Final final monogatari out this summer.

ultimatemegax fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 2, 2014

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There was going to be a "Zoku-Owarimonogatari" containing "Koyomi Book" wasn't there?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

ultimatemegax posted:

Final final monogatari out this summer.

I literally have no space for any more of his goddamn novels. I already have 38 on my shelf. ;_;

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

There was going to be a "Zoku-Owarimonogatari" containing "Koyomi Book" wasn't there?

that is supposed to be the name of the final book.

i think the series was supposed to end with 5 books. yotsugi doll was the first one, a collection of short stories was second, owarimonogatari (stuff dealing with ougi) is books 3 and 4, then koyomi book is 5.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

that is supposed to be the name of the final book.

i think the series was supposed to end with 5 books. yotsugi doll was the first one, a collection of short stories was second, owarimonogatari (stuff dealing with ougi) is books 3 and 4, then koyomi book is 5.
Owari is 3 books, not 2 (correct me if I'm wrong darkgray). Zoku-Owari doesn't even have a release date yet.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Owari is 3 books, not 2 (correct me if I'm wrong darkgray). Zoku-Owari doesn't even have a release date yet.

Yeah, hence "third and final" in my post earlier. Third means there are 3. They're also stupidly expensive at 1500 yen each. I've given this rear end in a top hat so much money. Plus half that again in shipping costs. *sigh*

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

yes

Dick Spacious CPA fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

darkgray posted:

I literally have no space for any more of his goddamn novels. I already have 38 on my shelf. ;_;

I doubt you have room for the third Owarimonogatari novel either...

(One of the April Fools jokes was that the novel had over a hundred thousand pages. Kodansha actually made a replica of what a book that big would look like and used it in conjunction with the Animate in Akiba to advertise the novel.)

• Locked thread