Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Yes. Yes it is. Had it on repeat since I heard it last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010
Any UK goons planning on going to Incineration Festival? The lineup is incredible: https://www.facebook.com/incinerationfestival

I'm not a massive fan of Carach Angren but it's their first UK appearance, and I think the same goes for Nargaroth.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

The guy they brought over from Omnium Gatherum has had a very clear impact on their sound. This sounds like it could have come straight off Beyond, but I'm okay with that because I quite like Omnium Gatherum as well.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

AgentJotun posted:

I get hating on new metallica, although I thought death magnetic was pretty good - but I can't handle when guys start making GBS threads on stuff pre-black album because they don't like new Metallica. Or when as said above (jokingly?) people give all the credit of their earlier works to Mustaine and Burton. If Mustaine was such a good song writer why did it so rarely show up on Megadeth albums! :nyd:

Agreed. I think it's safe to say that 90% of Metalheads had a Metallica phase at one point in time. The first 4 albums are loving spectacular metal albums and though it may be cliche' and overplayed, people need to remember that things BECOME cliche' and overplayed for a drat good reason.

Namely: It's loving awesome.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Defiant Sally posted:

The guy they brought over from Omnium Gatherum has had a very clear impact on their sound. This sounds like it could have come straight off Beyond, but I'm okay with that because I quite like Omnium Gatherum as well.

I guess he's playing in both bands? I wanted to maker sure because he kills it in Omnium Gatherum.

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008
The new Ringworm, Hammer of the Witch, is ridiculously pissed off and has the most headbangable riffs I've heard this year so far, I think.

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007

Defiant Sally posted:

Insomnium Gatherum.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l
A Richmond source is reporting that Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus) has died.

I hope this is bullshit.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Everyone hopes it's bullshit. It better be bullshit.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
Confirmed. This really loving sucks.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh what the gently caress

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Glad I got to see them in Feb at least :(

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Laserface posted:

Glad I got to see them in Feb at least :(

I was gonna see them on Halloween at the Electric Factory in Philly in 2003, I wimped out going and always told myself I needed to see them before something like this happens. I never did. Gonna miss that crazy fucker, his twitter was always good for a laugh.

VincentPrice
Jun 26, 2009
This is such a bummer. Brockie was always great to his fans. They just came back from their first Japanese tour and this year's their 30th anniversary.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Jesus Christ that's awful.

gently caress how a band goes through losing two members so unexpectedly. RIP Brockie. :(

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
RIP Dave Brockie.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
God drat it gently caress. RIP Dave.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Motherfucking gently caress why did I skip soundwave :( :( :( That really sucks, Gwar are awesome and we're far worse off for not having them around.

Fitz
Sep 10, 2002
King of Cheese
Dave always said GWAR could go on without him, but I'm not sure how really.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
I can remember seeing GWAR once during the height of the OJ Simpson trial. Good times. RIP Scumdog.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
Sexcuse me, RIP dave

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
gently caress :( 50 is way too young.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
gently caress everything forever.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Literally no reason to live on this poo poo earth anymore

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
I've seen GWAR about 10 times dating back to 1998 and they were always the best poo poo in the world. Anyone I dragged to see them instantly fell in love. I was going to see them last fall but my wife was pregnant and we just said "it's ok, they play every year"

This loving sucks.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
gently caress I've never seen them. Every time they've been in town I've had professional obligations I couldn't get out of, and now I'll never see them do their thing :smith:.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I saw them on election night in '12 and they owned. Sucks :(

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Posting in the metal thread with a GWAR-related username.

They've unironically been one of my favorite bands for over 20 years. I even went through the meatgrinder once.

Goddamn it.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Okay, so Manowar's Kings of Metal remake is pretty weaksauce (shame, since I liked Battle Hymns MMXII), but man oh man The Warrior's Prayer with Brian Blessed is even more gloriously hammy than I could've imagined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKmVBEORNDU

That guy! :allears:

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Stoat posted:

Save this for the day Lemmy dies

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Morbid Florist posted:

So probably pretty soon then?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Stoat posted:

Quoting this forever. gently caress I never got to see them. :(

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Morbid Florist posted:

bookmarked

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Dave Brockie was cool as gently caress. This sucks.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Stoat posted:

Literally no reason to live on this poo poo toilet earth anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piyZBoHaHDI

I like that this is the first YouTube result I get for "meat sandwich".

crucify

RIP Dave. I got to see them in 2006 and they were really a hell of an experience. GWAR might somehow be able to go on without Dave, but I can't see anyone else as Oderus.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Part of me wants to believe that GWAR is an ethos more than a specific collection of people at a particular place and time, and that in 200 years, my grandchildren's grandchildren will be sitting on the moon, watching their singer jerk off an old white politician whose parents haven't even been born yet.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Morbid Florist posted:

DONT loving JINX IT gently caress.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Morbid Florist posted:

He'd have died decades ago if that was possible.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Laserface posted:

DONT loving JINX IT gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
There's no way they can go on without Brockie. I mean, they can try, but it just won't be the same. His voice is so unique and is such a big part of their sound that some dude with a generic metal voice would ruin it.