Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey self binders, I've started Ebaying my singles collection in small chunks. Hoping to knock out about 15 auctions a week right now so please check out my stuff. No reserves, starting every listing at 99 cents.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/rcwhitey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

lol Trinty

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

^burtle posted:

lol Trinty

There's a reason all of those started at $.99. I have Brightest Day and like, 5 long boxes of poo poo to put up still.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Rhyno posted:

There's a reason all of those started at $.99. I have Brightest Day and like, 5 long boxes of poo poo to put up still.

I think you should have to pay someone to take Countdown off your hands.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'd pay a buck to relive Superman Prime using Kyle to bludgeon Donna Troy (or however it went).

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

redbackground posted:

Nobody uses comicbookdb :(

700 has not, but The Return is in the Absolute Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn, so enjoy that supersized David Finch art :barf:

I do!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My best friend was psyched to just find a hardcover copy of Morrison's JLA Volume 1, the hardcover Deluxe Edition, for cover price. Now we're both searching in vain to find him a Volume 2 hardcover, but the very few sources for it have it marked up into the $60 territory.

Is there any possibility that DC will release an Omnibus of Morrison's JLA run anytime soon? It seems like a better deal than paying that much for the Volume 2 hardcover and then tracking down Volumes 3 and 4 around $25 each.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Is there any possibility that DC will release an Omnibus of Morrison's JLA run anytime soon? It seems like a better deal than paying that much for the Volume 2 hardcover and then tracking down Volumes 3 and 4 around $25 each.

I'd say it was unlikely given it had the Deluxe HCs and the recent paperback releases too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

I'd say it was unlikely given it had the Deluxe HCs and the recent paperback releases too.

I wouldn't count it out. DC seems to me embracing the Omnibus format of late.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I bet DC would put it on the omnibus fast-track if Grant Morrison changed his name to Geoff Johns.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
The new LoEG book, The Roses of Berlin, is out now. Also, a hardcover collection of the three Century books is coming in July.

http://www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog/league-century-hardcover/885

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any especially good Bronze Age Justice League collections worth checking out?

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009

Action Jacktion posted:

The new LoEG book, The Roses of Berlin, is out now. Also, a hardcover collection of the three Century books is coming in July.

http://www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog/league-century-hardcover/885

Nice. I really wish they made an Absolute style hardcover to go with the previous LOEG volumes though.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

solidrooster posted:

I really wish they made an Absolute style hardcover to go with the previous LOEG volumes though.

They will.

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009

Is this wishful thinking or has it been mentioned by Top Shelf as part of their printing plans?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh hey, I have a Thor Omnibus by Walt Simonson sitting here in the shrink wrap. I'd let it go for $160 shipped if anyone wants it.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

solidrooster posted:

Is this wishful thinking or has it been mentioned by Top Shelf as part of their printing plans?

Long ago they said they would.

I'm not holding my breath, but I think it will happen....eventually.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Has there been any word from the Bendis camp about the sixth Powers OSHC? Seems to me like they have enough material at this point to make it happen.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Uthor posted:

Has there been any word from the Bendis camp about the sixth Powers OSHC? Seems to me like they have enough material at this point to make it happen.

Just saw it on the specials list at DCBService
http://www.dcbservice.com/highlight.aspx?id=4

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

It's in the new Previews for a June 25th release.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Aw, sweet!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

It's in the new Previews for a June 25th release.

gently caress YEAH! I'M ALL FIRED UP!

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Finally got my two volume Immortal Iron Fist and Alias binds back from Herring and Robinson. Honestly, those guys do fantastic work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Does the Alias bind include The Pulse? Because those each look bigger than my Alias omni. Looks like great work for sure, though.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Yeah, it also has The Pulse, the What If..? issue, and New Avengers Annual #1. The Iron Fist volumes also have the Orson Randall stuff, the annual, and the Immortal Weapons books.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Anyone know if there are any plans to collect Fraction's Defenders into an OSHC? I've heard it's great and I dig my shorter runs collected in the biggest books possible.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Happy Hippo posted:

Anyone know if there are any plans to collect Fraction's Defenders into an OSHC? I've heard it's great and I dig my shorter runs collected in the biggest books possible.

I'd be surprised. Defenders came out a while ago, didn't sell that well, and I think Marvel has cooled off on the OSHC thing.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Happy Hippo posted:

I wouldn't count on it, it wasn't a very popular book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also factor in Fraction's decreased profile at Marvel.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Oh poo poo there's an Alias omnibus in the July solicits

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52338

quote:

ALIAS OMNIBUS HC
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by MICHAEL GAYDOS
Cover by DAVID MACK
Meet Jessica Jones. Once upon a time, she was a costumed super hero. But not a very good one. Now a chain-smoking, self-destructive alcoholic, Jessica is the owner and sole employee of Alias Investigations — a small, private-investigative firm specializing in superhuman cases. This deluxe hardcover collects all 28 issues of super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis’ ALIAS — plus all-new, behind-the-scenes bonus material compiled in conjunction with the writer himself! In her inaugural arc, Jessica’s life immediately becomes expendable when she uncovers the potentially explosive secret of one hero’s true identity. But her wit, charm and intelligence just may help her survive through another day. Thrust into the midst of a conspiracy that reaches the highest levels, has Jessica burned too many bridges to turn to old friends for help? Plus: Jessica travels to upstate New York to investigate the disappearance of a teenage girl rumored to be a mutant in a prejudiced small town; goes on a date with the Astonishing Ant-Man; teams up with Jessica Drew; the original Spider-Woman; and confronts the demons of her past! Collects ALIAS #1-28 and WHAT IF JESSICA JONES HAD JOINED THE AVENGERS?
720 PGS./Explicit Content …$99.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-9091-2
Trim size: oversized

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think that'll be a reprint, won't it?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Oh was there one already? I thought there were just HCs

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

irlZaphod posted:

Oh was there one already? I thought there were just HCs

There was an omnibus that was OOP a long time ago, trades of arcs, and 2 ultimate collection trades.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

There was an omnibus back in 06/07 but it quickly sold out and they never reprinted. I'll gladly jump on this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, I own the original. I'm shocked it's an Omni and not cheaper softcovers, what with the show on the horizon.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Glad it'll be available again. I don't think any edition is even in print anymore? And you can't read it on Marvel Unlimited either since they don't put MAX books up there. I'm pretty excited to check it out finally.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Oops, I thought it was completely new. Either way, it's great news.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
On the downside, I should have taken the $600 I was offered for it two year ago.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

On the downside, I should have taken the $600 I was offered for it two year ago.

Whomever offered you $600 was lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Wow, Alias was one of the first omnis Marvel made, is it still worth anything? Time to sell out and get the reprint.