Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't get why people are saying Matt didn't seemed to be doing it, he just seemed to be playing up his persona a bit for the show and it didn't work 100% of the time but I thought he was still pretty fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Yeah, that was my read too.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Holy cow I didn't know there was a WITS podcast. And there's nearly 50 episodes! With great guests! Isn't it the freakin' best when this happens?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I only started listening to Superego a couple weeks ago

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I feel like a bad judge for this episode because I love The National and I'm a fan of Rhett Miller and the Old 97's so I was happy just to listen to them shoot the poo poo with Scott for a while.

I'm really just waiting for Andy Daly and the Zooks to finish what they started.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

I only started listening to Superego a couple weeks ago

I don't envy you that one. Minute-for-minute it's my favorite podcast and probably one of my favorite things ever. But I started listening 2 years ago and s3 ended a year ago, and in that time five (5) episodes came out. And one of those was a best of.

Who knows when/if we'll get season 4. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it never happened. The show takes a lot of time to make, doesn't have a lot of listeners, and they have other stuff going on. Well, Gourley does. I dunno about the other two.

So yeah. I look forward to the time when you too have listened to each ep ~20 times and can recite entire scenes while staring blankly into the middle distance.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ive gone through season 3 like 5 times. twice through season 2 but I just bought it a couple days ago.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Cloks posted:

I'm really just waiting for Andy Daly and the Zooks to finish what they started.

I think it got locked in the fryvault with that missing Analyze Phish episode, never to be released into the wild.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
Oh yeah, CBB fans might want to take a look at WITS. Imagine that Scott quit CBB and turned it over to Garrison Keillor. It's exactly as great and exactly as lame as that sounds, simultaneously. Every episode has something wonderful and something cringe-inducing, and you never know when either one is coming.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

wafflesnsegways posted:

Oh yeah, CBB fans might want to take a look at WITS. Imagine that Scott quit CBB and turned it over to Garrison Keillor. It's exactly as great and exactly as lame as that sounds, simultaneously. Every episode has something wonderful and something cringe-inducing, and you never know when either one is coming.

Be sure to check out their youtube videos too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BID93IsPMg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjoGb3SQn80

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

My mental image of John Moe was decidedly less doughy.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

wafflesnsegways posted:

Imagine that Scott quit CBB and turned it over to Garrison Keillor. It's exactly as great and exactly as lame as that sounds, simultaneously.

Oh, gently caress.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

wafflesnsegways posted:

I've listened to 6 episodes since I read this post and your description is amazingly accurate.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

tnimark posted:

I've listened to 6 episodes since I read this post and your description is amazingly accurate.

It's a pretty great show. I wish the music was more varied though. I don't dislike it, but it'd be nice if the musician(s) was occasionally something other than indie rock/alt country.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I'm glad we've had Andy Daly's podcast to make up for the lack of bonus episodes recently. I thought for sure Hannibal would have one for his new hour.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Aw yeah, just got tickets to see CBB live in Chicago for the Onion's comedy fest. Also going to see James Adomian tomorrow night and live improv4humans next weekend. Earwolf overload.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'm three weeks late, but just wanted to say thanks for the recommendations on page 147. Definitely need to check out more from cams' early list.

The Benny Schwass episodes were a lot funnier than I expected, Paul F Tompkins continues to be amazing and it turns out the full versions (as opposed to the Best Of clips) of the Time Bobby (Fourvel) episodes were worth it.

By the way, where did "Hot Saucerman" start? ("Yiiit's been" is also a lot older than I thought.)

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

VagueRant posted:

I'm three weeks late, but just wanted to say thanks for the recommendations on page 147. Definitely need to check out more from cams' early list.

The Benny Schwass episodes were a lot funnier than I expected, Paul F Tompkins continues to be amazing and it turns out the full versions (as opposed to the Best Of clips) of the Time Bobby (Fourvel) episodes were worth it.

By the way, where did "Hot Saucerman" start? ("Yiiit's been" is also a lot older than I thought.)

I don't know the exact episode but it was one of the Harris Wittels episodes from, maybe, 2011? Scott got out "I am your host, Hot So..." before Harris jumped in with "Hot Saucerman?". I believe Scott was going to say Hot Soccermom.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Looks like it'll be a good CBB today. Oswalt, Lapkus, and one of the guys who was funny on Hollywood Handbook is a pretty good lineup.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
List of guests for the first 10 episodes of CBBTV has been released.

http://www.avclub.com/article/exclusive-here-are-seasons-comedy-bang-bang-guest--202858

Weird that French Stewart is on the list. Didn't he die of auto-erotic asphyxiation in 2010?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

tnimark posted:

List of guests for the first 10 episodes of CBBTV has been released.

http://www.avclub.com/article/exclusive-here-are-seasons-comedy-bang-bang-guest--202858

Weird that French Stewart is on the list. Didn't he die of auto-erotic asphyxiation in 2010?

Andy Daly is not on that list. This upsets me.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
To be fair he has quite a lot going on.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It's only a list of guests for the first 10. He could show up in the second half of the season.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Terror Sweat posted:

Andy Daly is not on that list. This upsets me.

Do they list the actors if they show up as characters though?

Edit: They do list PFT, and I doubt he shows up as himself.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, PFT is almost never on CBB. Just weirdos who sort of sound like him.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Beeez posted:

Yeah, PFT is almost never on CBB. Just weirdos who sort of sound like him.

It would be nice if he'd show up more than just once a year for the best of's.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Great epp. I wished that they had continued with him as an alien though.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

this has the potential to start a riot but am I the only one that finds patton oswalt super condescending and irritating?

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Thoogsby posted:

this has the potential to start a riot but am I the only one that finds patton oswalt super condescending and irritating?

Yeah.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Someone on Twitter drew Traci Reardon

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Asked and answered. But, an interesting question from an interesting player nonetheless.

Thoogsby fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 2, 2014

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

Someone on Twitter drew Traci Reardon

Even moreso than Wompler, it's hard to keep the proper image of Traci Reardon in mind when listening to her.

Traci Reardon: the eternally sunny crustpunk.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Golden Bee posted:

Great epp. I wished that they had continued with him as an alien though.

I disagree. I love Reardon, but that show never hit it's stride. The alien's bit of being super sexualized, qthor=qt-whore just didn't have a lot of meat to me.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Thoogsby posted:

no

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Pretty hysterical I4H out today with Lauren Lapkus

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
Oh, and Alex Fernie, who is one of the funniest improv guys at UCBLA, but who for some reason rarely gets onto podcasts.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I thought Adomian was hysterical as Russell Crowe. I really liked that impression. Had he done it ever before?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

soggybagel posted:

I thought Adomian was hysterical as Russell Crowe. I really liked that impression. Had he done it ever before?

Does his Philip Seymour Hoffman impression count since it's pretty much the same thing?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It reminded me more of his Gordon Ramsey (Who I would love to hear again)

Also I noticed on the Earwolf guests page today you can see how many times the most frequent guests have been on. Adomian has been on 85 episodes which kinda blew me away. The really crazy one is PFT though who's been on 103 episodes of Earwolf podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Does his Philip Seymour Hoffman impression count since it's pretty much the same thing?

It's not really the same thing though. Also where as Hoffman was just kind of an intense rear end in a top hat, this was at least an intense rear end in a top hat that did sound a lot like Crowe.