Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thora posted:

A little of both. Pick it up, put it down. One thing I am concerned about is I signed up with an account name of ThoraQRealname and if I want to play with people, um. Yeah. Might as well start over from scratch.

^^ I will keep that in mind, thanks :)

you can always change your steam name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Thora posted:

A little of both. Pick it up, put it down. One thing I am concerned about is I signed up with an account name of ThoraQRealname and if I want to play with people, um. Yeah. Might as well start over from scratch.

ddddddaaarrrkk soullllsss

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Meis posted:

I'm looking at the list of top posters for this thread, and Pick has posted 4055 times, almost twice as much as Crow Jane's 2350. They are the top 2 posters. I'm still clawing my way up the leaderboard. Must keep posting! Must break 1000 posts landmark!
over half of my SA posts are in this thread

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
spelunky/tf2 are games that are kinda pick up and play

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Hah lucky #7!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Dongicus posted:

If only...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
don't suggest playing tf2 in tyool 2014

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Pig Benis Disciple posted:

I did that and it has "has also played as".

vvv Dark Souls sounds hard and involved

I guess I'm looking for something like the first Walking Dead.

Edit: so up in the upper right corner it says "thoraqrealname's account" and when I click on profile it has 'Somegamername' and also played as 'somegamername2'. Does this mean no one sees the account name but the account owner?

Thora fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 25, 2014

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Thora posted:

Yooooou should play Cave Story. It's free, and quite simple. It's super good.
Also The Longest Journey. It's not a short game, but I literally reccomend it to everyone regardless of their taste in games.........

You can't change your account name, but you can change the URL for your steam profile and your screen name, so that it's impossible for anyone to see your account name :haw:

Dongicus posted:

yes also get this.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Oh Spelunky is a good one!

Hmmmm you should also play Dear Esther, The Stanley Parable (play the demo first), and Gone Home. Walking simulators best genre.

Papers, Please is really good but personally takes a lot of concentration when i play it.

LIMBO is good.

The Portal games are good, especially number 2.

You might like Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, it's super cute.

OH! Get To The Moon! It's super good! Very simple to play! Very story heavy! It is the loving best, if you get anything I have suggested get this one!!

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

don't suggest playing tf2 in tyool 2014

actually don't do this bronies/furries make up like 90% of the playerbase

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Thanks for the help and suggestions, I'm going to muck around a bit and see if I can adjust things!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Thora posted:

I did that and it has "has also played as".

vvv Dark Souls sounds hard and involved

I guess I'm looking for something like the first Walking Dead.

Edit: so up in the upper right corner it says "thoraqrealname's account" and when I click on profile it has 'Somegamername' and also played as 'somegamername2'. Does this mean no one sees the account name but the account owner?

account is private no one sees that but you

We see Somegamername.

You can change that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dongicus posted:

actually don't do this bronies/furries make up like 90% of the playerbase

conversely change your steam name to PonyHunter1997 or something and just wreck on 12 year olds badly playing spy

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
~go go Nippon (my first trip to Japan)~ is citizen Kane tier

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dongicus posted:

~go go Nippon (my first trip to Japan)~ is citizen Kane tier

buy it with actual money

lol that game is creepy as poo poo since, according to goons, you can romance the two girls

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I suggest playing Pokemon. But I always suggest playing Pokemon.

Goddammit, it's not supposed to get above freezing temperatures until Monday. I want spring to be here!

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

lol that game is creepy as poo poo since, according to goons, you can romance the two girls

I'm taking the piss

anime is gross

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Nessa posted:

I suggest playing Pokemon. But I always suggest playing Pokemon.

Goddammit, it's not supposed to get above freezing temperatures until Monday. I want spring to be here!

It snowed again today.. :smith:

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Al Borland posted:

Here too. It's like 25 outside. Go AWAY Winter, I don't want to wear my coat anymore :negative:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Women's Rights? posted:

Here too. It's like 25 outside. Go AWAY Winter, I don't want to wear my coat anymore :negative:
it was like that here last year, it was horrible :( snow in March/April is UNACCEPTABLE in the northern hemisphere

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Al Borland posted:

It's snowing right now. :(

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Our weather has really hosed us over by giving us a weird early spring for a week (I wore a crop-top in early march, what) and then became all wishy-washy and rainy forever.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Our weather has really hosed us over by giving us a weird early spring for a week (I wore a crop-top in early march, what) and then became all wishy-washy and rainy forever.

I would love for it to be super rainy. It's better than snowy. It's less cold than snowy.

We had a week of nice weather a couple weeks ago where I could go outside with an open jacket. That was nice. I want that to come back.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Nessa posted:

I would love for it to be super rainy. It's better than snowy. It's less cold than snowy.

We had a week of nice weather a couple weeks ago where I could go outside with an open jacket. That was nice. I want that to come back.

Rainy is lovely I love rainy.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Al Borland posted:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

it was snowing and cold in detroit this morning

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

vaguely posted:

over half of my SA posts are in this thread

I've been here 5 years or so and still like 1/4 of my posts are here

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I post a lot in here but I still think old BYOB contained the majority of my posts.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Are you a fellow brit?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Al Borland posted:

I look forward to thunderstorm season, but that won't be till like... July. Our thunderstorm season is very short. :(

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Nessa posted:

It didn't even snow here this year, winter was a non-starter. I just want it to be sunny & warm, but not hot or humid and like 25 degrees always, except for one day where it snows and I get to wear winter-accessories, amen

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Pick posted:

I've been here 5 years or so and still like 1/4 of my posts are here

Apparently I've only been regularly posting here for like one month. Hell yea.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Meis posted:

Are you a fellow brit?

Might as well be wrt the weather, I'm in the Netherlands.

Also, rain is horrible when you bike everywhere because you always arrive soaking wet unless you wear a full hazmat rain-suit

e: but who wouldn't want to go out in this cool summer look

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

InvisibleMonkey posted:

It didn't even snow here this year, winter was a non-starter. I just want it to be sunny & warm, but not hot or humid and like 25 degrees always, except for one day where it snows and I get to wear winter-accessories, amen

Lucky.

Here, we've had a long and cold winter, like usual, though this year has been particularly cold, with rarely getting above -15 for most of the winter.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Papers Please is fun and cheap

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Nessa posted:

rarely getting above -15 for most of the winter.

I would die or move

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Al Borland posted:

Yes yes yes I am moving to the Pacific NW as soon as... someday. I hope it's stormy in Florida when I go because I'd get wet from the ocean anyway and you can't get sunburned when it's raining.

Thanks everyone for the handholding r/t Steam. I wrote all the game names down and as soon as I get the right kind of controller I'm in.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thora posted:

Yes yes yes I am moving to the Pacific NW as soon as... someday. I hope it's stormy in Florida when I go because I'd get wet from the ocean anyway and you can't get sunburned when it's raining.

Thanks everyone for the handholding r/t Steam. I wrote all the game names down and as soon as I get the right kind of controller I'm in.

it's stormy in florida atm

and the logitech f310 is dirt cheap and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

I need to stop reading every missed post, it takes so long :(

Fabulist, I hate how amazing your princesses etc look, you have great fashion sense.

I claimed purple as the best color first but I guess I'll share it with you guys.

Teal and green are definitely the runners-up though, and I am building more tolerance for pink.

Sim house still exists and I could probably post an update now, but there wasn't a ton of excitement. Also I need to reply to PMs like a responsible person. (and pay taxes etc but those are low down on the list)

It's snowing tonight again, whyyyyyyyyyyy.

I'm on steam but I suck at video games so if you want to feel like a god invite me to your game.

• Locked thread