Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

tropical posted:

Yeah the Domke Gripper looks pretty nice. I was looking at buying one before Christmas but never got around to it. Do I want a 1.5" for my 6D? I usually have my 35mm f/1.4 on the camera when I'm out.

I'm pretty sure mine is the 1.5" and I've had no trouble with a similarly-sized rig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Bubbacub posted:

I have a Black Rapid. It's pretty good but the carabiner sucks, especially the lock ring that always unthreads itself.

Really? Mine stays attached for literally a year at a time without any problems. Even if the lock ring unthreads, likely nothing will happen. My best camera accessory purchase by far.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Baron Dirigible posted:

I posted said item! BUT I should have done my due diligence and looked up whether I could send a battery out of the country. Had to remove that at the post office.

A COMPUTER GUY, how do you want to handle this? Happy to refund the cost of a new battery or get one delivered to your address at my expense.

I ran into a similar issue.

Soulex posted:

So. After arguing and research. My 70D is finally on the way over here.

Now it's time to sell my t4i

Now for anyone shipping to a APO let me impart the following advice. While most of the time you can ship lithium batteries inside the machine (camera, laptop, but phones excluded) and not get caught, the official way, via USPS, to ship lithium batteries is wrapped or packages separately from the camera or whatever. It needs to be shipped in the same package, but the lithium battery needs a home for itself.

Also, no loving companies will ship lithium batteries overseas at all. Which is stupid because the lithium ban was lifted a while ago, yet the reason I was told BH couldn't ship my package was because they cannot modify the contents and therefore, legally, cannot ship the package.

I can't wait to be back in the states sometimes.

To add on this, when shipping to a physical address overseas, some countries still have bans in place for said batteries. You can do one of two things. What I mentioned above, or just not saying anything. The whole situation is stupid because America will accept lithium batteries, so I guess lithium batteries are only a danger one way.

Also despite the information I received, there are still "Don't ship Lithium Batteries" posters over the post offices. I guess most clerks aren't caught up on their regs.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

TheEye posted:

Really? Mine stays attached for literally a year at a time without any problems. Even if the lock ring unthreads, likely nothing will happen. My best camera accessory purchase by far.

I definitely liked the Black Rapid strap, but the C-SLR one is the same price and it feels more comfortable and well-constructed.

There was a goon in one of the other threads with a Black Rapid strap. The lockring unthreaded itself and he somehow got into a situation where the camera wiggled out of the carabiner. Fortunately he made a lucky catch, but even if a situation like that is really unlikely, I'd rather not run that chance.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

SoundMonkey posted:

Yeah not even a tiny bit of that material has ever fallen off of mine. Nor does it look any different than the day I bought it, actually.

The Canon strap doesn't fall apart like Nikon straps, it just leaves marks. Sort of like how some shoes mark the floor and some don't, but both last basically forever.

Bubbacub posted:

I have a Black Rapid. It's pretty good but the carabiner sucks, especially the lock ring that always unthreads itself.

This is why I'm building a homebrew BlackRapid out of tractor/rock-climbing parts.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Got the grip in from IceLicker, everything looks good. Thanks a lot!

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Ethanfr0me posted:

I am selling my brand spanking new Ricoh Gr.
I have received said brand spanking new Ricoh GR from Ethanfr0me. It is as described, A++++++++++++, would shop again

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Delivery McGee posted:

This is why I'm building a homebrew BlackRapid out of tractor/rock-climbing parts.

I'm sure you could market it to hipsters as an rugged blue-collar camera strap.

mclifford82
Jan 27, 2009

Bump the Barnacle!

Bubbacub posted:

I'm sure you could market it to hipsters as an rugged blue-collar camera strap.

With built-in mason jar for your beverage of choice.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

Soulex posted:

I ran into a similar issue.

To add on this, when shipping to a physical address overseas, some countries still have bans in place for said batteries. You can do one of two things. What I mentioned above, or just not saying anything. The whole situation is stupid because America will accept lithium batteries, so I guess lithium batteries are only a danger one way.

Also despite the information I received, there are still "Don't ship Lithium Batteries" posters over the post offices. I guess most clerks aren't caught up on their regs.
I considered lying when asked if the box contained batteries (or perfume?) but the last thing I wanted was to cause problems further down the line (she mentioned they scan the boxes, and I guess technology can detect terrorism-inducing fragrances). I know someone else was having an issue with sending batteries out of Japan but I thought that was an edge-case scenario.

I think something could be added to the OP about shipping lithium batteries, just so future goons will at least consider it when buying / selling.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Bubbacub posted:

I definitely liked the Black Rapid strap, but the C-SLR one is the same price and it feels more comfortable and well-constructed.

There was a goon in one of the other threads with a Black Rapid strap. The lockring unthreaded itself and he somehow got into a situation where the camera wiggled out of the carabiner. Fortunately he made a lucky catch, but even if a situation like that is really unlikely, I'd rather not run that chance.

I have a black rapid. It was awesome. So much better than the neck strap. I used it with my Canon 5D and even had it rigged to the 100-400mm L lens, which is a pretty big lens. No problemo. If you were walking at a pace you mght have to hold the camera with your hand a bit to stop it swinging around with momentum but I travelled with it and went to some festivals and it was fine. Really good piece of gear. Never had a problem with the carabiner.

I'm curious to see if the rapid will be safe to use on my hasselblad but I'm too worried all the swinging will mess it up.

BrosephofArimathea
Jan 31, 2005

I've finally come to grips with the fact that the sky fucking fell.

Sludge Tank posted:

I have a black rapid. It was awesome. So much better than the neck strap.

Dissenting Opinion: I hate my Black Rapid. It's awkward to use, the shoulder thing slips all the time, the camera swings around, it's a bitch to hand the camera to someone else (especially if you are carrying a bag), I had to cut the pocket thing off because it was annoying as hell and its been sitting somewhere in the bottom of a cupboard since I got back from my last trip.

Capture Pro is where it's at. You look like a dork, but it's worth it.

http://peakdesignltd.com/store/capturepro

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

BrosephofArimathea posted:

Dissenting Opinion: I hate my Black Rapid. It's awkward to use, the shoulder thing slips all the time, the camera swings around, it's a bitch to hand the camera to someone else (especially if you are carrying a bag)
Since we're turning the gear trade thread into strap-chat: I agree. I've owned 2 BlackRapids now, and while the Sport is a bit better than the first one I owned, I still can't stand how the camera just flops about. That's what has the Joby Pro Sling looking kinda neat to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QUWIVXWMds

Maybe I'll make use of this post and actually trade some gear in it. If I can get all of my BlackRapid bits together I should probably sell them, since they haven't been used since I switched to Arca-Swiss and an L-bracket. (insert joke about me never using my gear anyway)

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 27, 2014

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

BrosephofArimathea posted:

Dissenting Opinion: I hate my Black Rapid. It's awkward to use, the shoulder thing slips all the time, the camera swings around, it's a bitch to hand the camera to someone else (especially if you are carrying a bag), I had to cut the pocket thing off because it was annoying as hell and its been sitting somewhere in the bottom of a cupboard since I got back from my last trip.

Capture Pro is where it's at. You look like a dork, but it's worth it.

http://peakdesignltd.com/store/capturepro

I have a capture pro and a blackrapid (metro, the kind with no pocket or anything). The capture pro gets used whenever I'm going to be walking or hiking or doing anything where I can't afford to have a camera flopping around. It's awesome.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

You're right that does look good.

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?
Have a couple odds and ends if anybody is interested:

Pentacon Six to EOS Adapter - $10 + shipping

LP-E6 batteries (4x) - one official, 3 off-brand - $20 shipped

Cinevate lens support - $50 shipped

Tilta 5d/7d rail mount quick release - $60 + shipping

$100 + shipping and you get everything!

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

or one opportunity
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

I've refunded $50 to A COMPUTER GUY to pay for a new battery for the Fuji X-E1.

I've received the 150mm Hasselblad lens from 8th snype!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Still got a Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5 with a bessa L and viewfinder. The base of the viewfinder was damaged as some point and has been repaired with some heavy duty gorilla glue, should be a-ok now. Also comes with the nifty grip for the Bessa. $375 shipped!?? Or trades?

I can also throw in a M43 or NEX adapter for the lens!

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Bizzaro Quik posted:

Have a couple odds and ends if anybody is interested:

Pentacon Six to EOS Adapter - $10 + shipping

I'll take this, let me know an email address and shipping to 49007.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Goons and goonettes, help a brother out by buying my used gear. I really want to buy a backup for my Blackmagic Camera and I have no need for this Canon stuff, so spend your monies on this stuff! Everything listed includes shipping to anywhere in the continental United States - I'm shipping out of San Diego so if you're an especially impatient babby I can also meet you (maybe) if you live on the coast and between LA and SD. Apologies for the fuzzies, the white cloth I have at work sheds like crazy and I forgot my microfiber cloth.

Gripped T2i - $275

~9000 clicks. As you can see, there's a couple scratches on the glass in front of the LCD, but otherwise everything else is in good shape. You can get a replacement cover on ebay if it bugs you I guess :effort:

I have all the original boxes, accessories, and manuals. One Canon battery + 2 chinese knockoff batteries + knockoff grip.

Sigma 30mm 1.4 (NOT the ART version), EF Mount - $275

There's a couple specs of dust inside the lens, but this hasn't affected IQ as far as I can tell. I can take some photos if you need a test here. I have the original box, lens hood, caps, and soft case.

Canon 10-22mm EF-S - $500

A great, sharp lens. Pretty much flawless. With the original caps.

Also, I randomly have a Panasonic 14-140 OIS lens that came with a GH2. I am not sure what to price this at since prices seem to be all over the place for this, but does $400 sound good?

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. If you buy all the Canon stuff in one go, I'll knock the whole lot down to $850. Save money and get some nice glass for babby's first DSLR.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Bizzaro Quik posted:

LP-E6 batteries (4x) - one official, 3 off-brand - $20 shipped

I'd be interested in these. Would also need an email address (or email me at dadzpf at mail dot mst dot edu)

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?

Paul MaudDib posted:

I'll take this, let me know an email address and shipping to 49007.

Kala..ma..zoo? I went to school at WMU, haha. How would you like it shipped? $5.80 if you want USPS Priority Mail (2 day mail, yay)

brandonmrsh@gmail.com

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?

Shellman posted:

I'd be interested in these. Would also need an email address (or email me at dadzpf at mail dot mst dot edu)

Sounds good! email is above this post.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Since this battery-shipping thing seems to be a problem that's actually real, can we agree in a thread rules sense that if the battery can't be shipped, the item should be discounted for an amount that is 1/2 the price of a first-party battery on Amazon?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Bizzaro Quik posted:

Kala..ma..zoo? I went to school at WMU, haha. How would you like it shipped? $5.80 if you want USPS Priority Mail (2 day mail, yay)

Yup! I just sent the Paypal. Thanks!

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?

SoundMonkey posted:

Since this battery-shipping thing seems to be a problem that's actually real, can we agree in a thread rules sense that if the battery can't be shipped, the item should be discounted for an amount that is 1/2 the price of a first-party battery on Amazon?

Sure thing. Why do bateries have issues shipping?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Bizzaro Quik posted:

Sure thing. Why do bateries have issues shipping?

Because a 777 with a big shipment of lithium batteries just disappeared into thin air. Or rather, thick water.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Paul MaudDib posted:

Because a 777 with a big shipment of lithium batteries just disappeared into thin air. Or rather, thick water.

So we have a "lithium battery" theory now?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Thread rules updated. Should you be unable to ship a battery due to the laws of either your country or the buyer's, you should (strong suggestion) subtract half the Amazon price of a first party battery from the total amount. The buyer is free to refuse this discount if they want to be nice, but you're required to offer it. Luckily this only affects a few countries so it's probably not a big deal. Sell the battery to some retard on craigslist or something.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

or one opportunity
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

Any Aussie goons want a Fuji NP-W126 battery? $40 shipped.

[edit: sold to Digital Jesus

rohan fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 28, 2014

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Bizzaro Quik posted:

Sounds good! email is above this post.

PayPal sent for the batteries.

UGAmazing
Jul 26, 2007

I buy used, damaged & broken Apple devices.

1st AD posted:

Sigma 30mm 1.4 (NOT the ART version), EF Mount - $275

There's a couple specs of dust inside the lens, but this hasn't affected IQ as far as I can tell. I can take some photos if you need a test here. I have the original box, lens hood, caps, and soft case.

I saw a Goon unload one of these for $200.00 a few pages back; if there were any way you could do $200.00, consider this lens sold. If not, no worries! I've been looking to upgrade from my 50/1.8 for a while but haven't had a good chance to do so.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Verman posted:

So we have a "lithium battery" theory now?

No one knows poo poo, but the plane did have a shipment of lithium batteries on board so I would guess they're now going to be trying to minimize the number of batteries they carry.

Basically airlines love to fret about safety as long as it inconveniences and costs someone else. If there's the least possible chance that a lithium battery started a fire, or listening to your iPod might somehow hypothetically cause interference in the landing system, you better believe that poo poo's getting banned in a heartbeat. Now getting them to carry a single drop of spare fuel, use parts manufactured and installed to FAA specifications, or pay their pilots enough that they're not working a second job and falling asleep while flying the plane, well, they're not made of money!

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 28, 2014

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'm a dumbass and ordered 6x6 120 archival sleeves. Anyone want 24 sleeves for the cost of shipping? I'm not gonna use em.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

8th-snype posted:

Someone local wants to buy my 28mm. I still have the F3 HP aka the best goddamn manual focus Nikon ever made. Body works perfectly and is fair condition. I am now sweetening this deal by throwing in a 50mm E series and 10 or 12 rolls of 35mm film (however many are left in my fridge).$185 shipped to the US

This is a good deal on a starter 35mm kit. I probably won't bother selling it for any less.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yo I'm super interested in that F3, but I won't have any money to buy it until the 1st (Tuesday).

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I said I was going to sell it, so here we are:

It's a BlackRapid Sport with two FasternR-3's. I used it once, if even that. It looks like the strap is $73 new and the extra connectors are $13. Does someone want the kit for $60 shipped in the US?

Unrelated edit: is anyone in the market for an EF 17-40mm f/4L? I bought it for landscapes, but ever since I picked up the TS-E 24mm, the zoom rarely gets used. I'll collect the box, accessories, and some photos of it if there's any interest.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 29, 2014

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

dog nougat posted:

Yo I'm super interested in that F3, but I won't have any money to buy it until the 1st (Tuesday).

That's not a problem. I'll consider this dibs unless you let me know otherwise.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Baron Dirigible posted:

Any Aussie goons want a Fuji NP-W126 battery? $40 shipped.

[edit: sold to Digital Jesus

Oh yeah, totally purchased this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?
I'm considering selling my 50D, but am not quite sure what to price it at. It randomly shows up with an Error30, which looks like a shutter issue, 1 out of every 20-30 photos. Is it even worth selling at this point?

• Locked thread