Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Draga posted:

No, I remember you guys talking about it in one episode.

EDIT: It was episode 24.

This is a good reminder that we have a blog!

(It serves entirely as a place for us to put shows so they get on iTunes. Don't comment there. We won't ever see it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Episode 33: Tonight The Stars Revolt

The early 2000's lovely metal train keeps rolling this week with a stop in PM5K Junction where we talk Raw, Raw, Fat Guys, and Sheep

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4742kfkaqpgujro/033+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 26, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

Episode 33: Tonight The Stars Revolt

The early 2000's lovely metal train keeps rolling this week with a stop in PM5K Junction where we talk Raw, Raw, Fat Guys, and Sheep

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4742kfkaqpgujro/033+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

Implying that Powerman 5000 is lovely. Unsubscribed.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

It's been too long since I heard the Carolina Crusher promo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I wonder if Dave knows more than he's letting on in regards to Cena.

Dave was also the first person to spot Tanahashi being hurt/slowing down too.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The past two MLW episodes with just Konnan and MSL have been way better than the standard, which is making me wonder if I've hated Court Bauer all this time and never realized it.

ninja edit: I still don't care for Alice and why Jim Cornette insists on keeping her around when she doesn't even talk for most of the show is beyond me.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

What in the flying gently caress is this song at the start of the BV&C Show

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ch3cooh posted:

Ugh I loving hate this song but Bryan seems to love it for some reason.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

NienNunb posted:

Implying that Powerman 5000 is lovely. Unsubscribed.

You'll note Strenuous Manflurry asks "hey aren't they good" or something to that effect.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nothin' wrong with them.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

You'll note Strenuous Manflurry asks "hey aren't they good" or something to that effect.

That Mass Effect?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

purple wang song

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

The past two MLW episodes with just Konnan and MSL have been way better than the standard, which is making me wonder if I've hated Court Bauer all this time and never realized it.

ninja edit: I still don't care for Alice and why Jim Cornette insists on keeping her around when she doesn't even talk for most of the show is beyond me.

There's just something about him, in the way he talks or his voice, that makes him seem sorta douchey to me too. I used to have an irrational hatred of the dude too, and it still surfaces every once in awhile when hearing him speak, but it doesn't really detract from the podcast for me. Konnan and MSL do make a great duo though, I love when Konnan ranks on MSL and no-sells his bad jokes.

Do you subscribe to their pay casts? Are they worth paying for or is the weekly MSL Radio the best podcast they have?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

savinhill posted:

There's just something about him, in the way he talks or his voice, that makes him seem sorta douchey to me too. I used to have an irrational hatred of the dude too, and it still surfaces every once in awhile when hearing him speak, but it doesn't really detract from the podcast for me.

Court really overexaggerated his role on WWE's writing team and really, really overexaggerated his work on Eastbound and Down, so it's hard listening to him pat himself on the back for his business accomplishments when he hasn't had any that didn't involve inheriting money.

MSL is only tolerable when Konnan is making fun of him. Thankfully, Konnan does that so often that they make a decent team.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Court Bauer is one of those people whose opinion I would trust on anything other than himself. Anything that involves him directly is usually self-gratifying horse poo poo, but I tend to follow his line of thinking on a good number of other things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Devcast Episode 4: It's two-thirds as good as that N'Sync song.

THREE HOURS LONG. That's how long we went on this show. Blank and Slapnuts need to take shorter notes on movies. I need to take notes on movies or anything, really. I lost most of my work halfway through editing this so all of my original stuff that I edited in I forgot and now it's only a few things. NONETHELESS it's a show worth watching, we talk about NXT and why Mojo Rawley rawcks. We talk about Smackdown and how lovely of a person Natalya is. We talk about the double turn that happened on Total Divas. A SNEAK PREVIEW OF SCOOBY-DOO AND THE MYSTERY AT WRESTLEMANIA! The show ends with a lengthy review of Suburban Commando (Oh my goooooooooooood). I played Blazblue while I listened to this whole thing so I dunno what else we talked about besides that, but I do know how to do this. Come give the show a listen, also go see Turbo IN STORES ON BLU-RAY AND DVD NOW.

Also do no ask about an RSS Feed, Blank will figure that out when he figures it out.

Sex
Blank
Slapnuts

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Also do no ask about an RSS Feed, Blank will figure that out when he figures it out.

When are you going to get a feed so I can listen to these in my cast app?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Don't worry. I have waaaay less notes on the next movie.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Wow not showing up in iTunes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Now I feel like a real heel, especially after being called a friend of the show.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

ch3cooh posted:

The A to Z Blues by Blind Willie McTell. It's rad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Court Bauer is clearly a bullshitter and minor phony but it's pretty silly to hold that against him in the wrestling business! I like him more than almost any other podcaster because he has a pretty firm grasp on what's going on in popular culture outside of punchsports and his speaking and questioning and transitioning is all pretty polished. MSL is terrible and awkward.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

epitasis posted:

Court Bauer is clearly a bullshitter and minor phony but it's pretty silly to hold that against him in the wrestling business! I like him more than almost any other podcaster because he has a pretty firm grasp on what's going on in popular culture outside of punchsports and his speaking and questioning and transitioning is all pretty polished. MSL is terrible and awkward.

He's got a decent mind for wrestling too, but he reminds me of all the libertarian frat bros I went to college with. MLW as a promotion was also exactly the kind of smarky failed indie fed that Konnan likes to make fun of, in that Court brought in a bunch of guys he marked out for and none of them took him seriously.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan and Vinny and Craig are apparently going to review the Biggest Blunders episode of Countdown aka the greatest 55 minute TV show in television history next week.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

The A to Z Blues by Blind Willie McTell. It's rad.

Not as rad as Craig's(?) version of the Michigan J. Frog song.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave just crushed my hopes on an awesome Springsteen story.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Anyone else notice how that Suburban Commando song sounds so much like a mid 90s video game? At first I was like "The hell is this? Music from Toejam and Earl?"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

Anyone else notice how that Suburban Commando song sounds so much like a mid 90s video game? At first I was like "The hell is this? Music from Toejam and Earl?"

Well Suburban Commando came out in 1991 so if it sounds like a mid-90's game they were ahead of the curve.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Good god JR comes off as such a massive perv in his interview with Lita. Here's some quotes:

Lita: "You're making me nervous! I thought I was catching up with an old friend! And you told me I was in the hands of the fans."

JR: "Yeah, you are. You've been in the hands of a lot of fans. You just didn't know it. All those young 14-year-old boys back in the day. But nonetheless, we digress."

JR: "You're a very logical thinking chick with a big tattoo on her arm. You really are. You're deep."

JR: "Now, we're all thinking about Lita in a hammock in Nicaragua...with a thong sticking out just like back in the Attitude era. But we digress again."

JR: "Hear that guys? Just lay there and she'll do the rest. Do the moonsault." *creepy JR laugh*

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That's disappointing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Maybe King found a way to swap brains with JR somehow?

I wish they could, it would mean the commentary on Raw might get better

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He wasn't as pervy in the Trish interview, but maybe that's because Trish seemed to be actively steering the conversation away from overly-sexualized stuff.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
He also made a "Lawler likes 'em young" joke and compared him to Larry Flynt multiple times. Sorta...unusual? He also has a tendency to complain about internet fans in a really douchy tone of voice kinda often.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

BlueArmyMan posted:

He also has a tendency to complain about internet fans in a really douchy tone of voice kinda often.

I wonder why

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

yea ok posted:

I wonder why

Once in a while, understandable. Every single show, sorta grating. Not saying he's without cause, just that he's overdoing it just a tad.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

yea ok posted:

I wonder why

Jealousy

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I very much want Meltzer to write his screenplay so I can see his vision

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BlueArmyMan posted:

Once in a while, understandable. Every single show, sorta grating. Not saying he's without cause, just that he's overdoing it just a tad.
Literally everybody listening to the show is an internet wrestling fan.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Batista posted:

Good god JR comes off as such a massive perv in his interview with Lita.

Unsurprising
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MA7zFv0rKg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pisscast: Jim Cornette says Bobby Eaton could stand flat footed and piss over a car. He is a Hall of Famer.

• Locked thread