Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

[ASK] Me About Cloacas
Amphibian butthole snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

bigot

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Thora posted:

^ don't listen to them. I have a thing for redheads :allears: I'm blonde/dark blonde/reddish highlights so I share your pain.

:wink:

My skirt somehow got really wrinkled on my way to work today, I feel like a schlub.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Jetsetlemming posted:

I'm on the bus home and super nauseous
Gonna excrete puke all over my fellow travelers

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful, but it's good you are going home. If a few innocents get barfed on, oh well.

I would love to go pick up my new medicines but I'm trapped between the doctors office insisting they've called the scripts in and Walgreens insisting they haven't received anything.

Whatever, I'm going to continue to learn about bees until I no longer have mundane human needs. I am Bee God.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Jetsetlemming posted:

Carrying around a coat is annoying indoors and wearing thick sweaters and poo poo means you sweat to death in heated places most of the time

For me, that's just the price you pay for living in Alberta. I will usually just throw on my sandals when I run out to take out the kitty littler every night. I usually do have to run though, because it is far too cold not to.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

I never wore a coat when I was younger because I hated having a coat at school with me and I was warm enough in a sweatshirt. And I mostly just wore a fleece this winter because it was easier, but I was pretty cold.

I've gotten sunburned in the rain before, honestly unless I reapply sunscreen every 20 minutes I'll get a sunburn. Oh well probably will be dead of something else before I can get skin cancer.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I'm watching the latest Paranormal Activity and so far it's v. silly

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Makes me want to watch it, I've heard it's really bad.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

InvisibleMonkey posted:

I stopped watching that series about halfway through 3, does it get any better?

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

InvisibleMonkey posted:

What's the latest one
The last I saw was number four, which was sadly a step down from 80s version

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

InvisibleMonkey posted:

i got banned for saying the first movie sucked lol

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I just can't do shaky cam. It sucks, because I like horror movies and most of them use it these days. I actually vomited when I saw The Blair Witch Project

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i got banned for saying the first movie sucked lol

But this is the correct opinion? 20 minutes of boring bullshit + 5 minutes of decently scary stuff repeated over 90 minutes does not equal a good movie

The second one was even worse with the establishing shots of the outdoors repeated OVER AND OVER AGAIN

By the third one I just said gently caress it and turned it off and haven't gone back but I'm wondering if maybe they miraculously turned it around?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i'm irrationally annoyed at the "hot" tag because during early Neues Gibbis i tried to make a shrimp thread and "hot" looked funny and i forgot selecting it autobans you. yeah i know there's a huge warning right there :saddowns:

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

I just can't do shaky cam. It sucks, because I like horror movies and most of them use it these days. I actually vomited when I saw The Blair Witch Project

I think they've really moderated the shaky cam effect over time. It's just shaky enough to give the illusion of being real but it's nothing like the horrible shaky poo poo you saw years ago. I'm not saying paranormal activity is actually good but if the only thing that's keeping you from watching a movie is shaky cam, you should probably give it a shot.

I actually thought paranormal activity 3 was better because they decided to give it some sort of plot, plus kids being creepy is objectively scarier. There are much more interesting scary movies though.

There's also a video game that is like being in one of the movies (but with a larger proportion of scares) and it was pretty frightening and short so I'd recommend it to anyone who likes scary things.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Women's Rights? posted:

I stopped watching that series about halfway through 3, does it get any better?

Usually when a movie franchise gets to 3 or 4, it's safe to say that's a "no."

But I haven't watched any of the Paranormal Activity movies so what do I know?

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I love found footage stuff, but the genre has really exploded with bullshit movies that make you seasick.

I was terrified by the Blair Witch Project when I saw it first, because they hardly showed anything and my imagination is way scarier than a gory movie. I liked the first Paranormal Activity (don't see it more than once tho), but after that they became crappier and crappier. I can't even remember which ones were number 2, 3, and 4, because they were all poo poo.

this one has a Santeria-esque theme but so far I'm not convinced

e: I can't help myself, gotta watch all the lovely found footage movies

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

[rec] is the best found footage movie, original spanish version obvs :D

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

[rec] is the best found footage movie, original spanish version obvs :D

:hf:

Just for the love of god avoid the sequels. [rec] 3 was so bad it RUINED The original for me, and [rec] was scary enough that I slept with the lights on for the first time in a million years because the little chinese boy zombie was obviously waiting for me in my closet and could only be beaten back by turning on the light

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Yeah, I love [rec]!

e: Blair Witch Project is still my fav, at the time it was pretty original & scary

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

rec is good movie

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i don't know if it's possible to make a good horror movie sequel

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

InvisibleMonkey posted:

I love found footage stuff, but the genre has really exploded with bullshit movies that make you seasick.

I was terrified by the Blair Witch Project when I saw it first, because they hardly showed anything and my imagination is way scarier than a gory movie. I liked the first Paranormal Activity (don't see it more than once tho), but after that they became crappier and crappier. I can't even remember which ones were number 2, 3, and 4, because they were all poo poo.

this one has a Santeria-esque theme but so far I'm not convinced

e: I can't help myself, gotta watch all the lovely found footage movies

Best part about the Blair Witch Project was that they went to all these lengths to cover up the fact that it was fictional, so for like a week or two there everyone kind of wondered if they were actually watching kids die in the woods.

I was like 13 when it came out, so it was pretty goddamn scary at the time.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Exorcist 3

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

Best part about the Blair Witch Project was that they went to all these lengths to cover up the fact that it was fictional, so for like a week or two there everyone kind of wondered if they were actually watching kids die in the woods.

About a month before the movie came out, my brother and I watched a documentary about the legend on the Sci-fi channel or something. It was presented super-straight, and they had "experts" and stuff weigh in... we had no idea what the movie was, and were young enough to believe it was real. The marketing for that movie was pretty great, too bad I spent most of my time viewing the actual film with my head between my knees

ugh, speaking of nausea. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that it's too much coffee that's making my stomach and head feel awful and that I'm not getting sick for like the third time since October. I didn't drink any more than usual, but maybe it hit me in a weird way or something

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 26, 2014

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

do slashers count?

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Kimmalah posted:

Yeah! For the time they had a really good viral marketing campaign with a ~website and errything. I remember thinking "nah, this seems fake...or is it?" and I had to sleep with the lights on

e: I was 15, I think

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

About a month before the movie came out, my brother and I watched a documentary about the legend on the Sci-fi channel or something. It was presented super-straight, and they had "experts" and stuff weigh in... we had no idea what the movie was, and were young enough to believe it was real. The marketing for that movie was pretty great, too bad I spent most of my time viewing the actual film with my head between my knees

I saw that too! I didn't watch the actual movie until years later, but that documentary thing scared the hell out of me because I was young, gullible and really into paranormal poo poo.

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Yeah! For the time they had a really good viral marketing campaign with a ~website and errything. I remember thinking "nah, this seems fake...or is it?" and I had to sleep with the lights on

e: I was 15, I think

Haha yeah those were the olden days when viral marketing was still new and people totally fell for it. :v:

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 26, 2014

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

do slashers count?

Sleepaway Camp 2

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

I saw that too! I didn't watch the actual movie until years later, but that documentary thing scared the hell out of me because I was young, gullible and really into paranormal poo poo.

It especially freaked me out because I lived a couple hours from where the events allegedly took place

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

InvisibleMonkey posted:

there are so loving many colours, it's p. much impossible to do without it looking like dogshit but here?

e: of course the file-size jumped up once I saved them

maybe this one:

thanks, last night i got it to this point:

but it was stiiillll overrrrr

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

e- drat vertical spacing

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the hills have eyes remake was pretty good

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

my eyes hurt

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

I could get behind that. Or maybe like, part of my boobs. :v:

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

GNU Order posted:

e- drat vertical spacing

small dick

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Kimmalah posted:

I could get behind that. Or maybe like, part of my boobs. :v:
she does look pretty happy for a woman with cheeseburgerboobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Should I be weirded out that a co-worker just complimented me on my "typing posture"?

• Locked thread