Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jedit posted:

I think it's safe to say he was drunkposting. However, in the morning he will be sober and you'll still be weird.

Like both of you, that is a pretty bad poster. Hugh Jackman plays a mutant whose mutation is having a nipple shaped like James MacAvoy.

It's definitely a bad poster, they were going for a Star Wars type show every character thing, unfortunately it was poorly done. But calling Jennifer Lawrence pudgy is pretty weird too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jennifer Lawrence is perfect just the way she is.

/MagnetoTalk

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wonder if her Mystique make-up is going to be all Cheetos-stained as well.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jedit posted:

Like both of you, that is a pretty bad poster.

Nice one.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think you're all ignoring something important, which is how hilarious Patrick Stewart looks in that chair thingy. Edit: and laying an atomic fart bomb.

Please abort the Jennifer Lawrence is fat derail as quickly as possible.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 25, 2014

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

kiimo posted:

It just means there is more of her to love :allears:

Apparently they gave her a bodysuit for this movie, instead of it being entirely make-up. That must have been a relief for her. I believe one of the reasons why there was no Nightcrawler in X-Men: The Last Stand was because Alan Cummings didn't want to experience those make-up marathons again.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 25, 2014

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Mierenneuker posted:

It just means there is more of her to love :allears:

Apparently they gave her a bodysuit for this movie, instead of it being entirely make-up. That must have been a relief for her. I believe one of the reasons why there was no Nightcrawler in X-Men: The Last Stand was because Alan Cummings didn't want to experience those make-up marathons again.

Alan Cumming was actually more than willing to come back for X3, but the producers felt that because it would be a small part they didn't want to spend all that time on make-up and effects.

From here

quote:

Although Beast is in the movie, another blue-skinned character from X2 will not be returning - namely, Nightcrawler. Gorder explained, "We would have liked to have Nightcrawler back, but there are certain trade-offs you take with the story. Nightcrawler is an expensive character prosthetic makeup-wise and also visual effects-wise, and so you want to have a story-arc that justifies that expense. And you also want to make the actor happy that he has a significant role to don the makeup and the effects and do the stunt work."

With the added undertone, I suppose, that they didn't really wanted to have two blue guys running around.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm surprised that Angus Scrimm is still alive. Although apparently he's shrunk quite a bit from his Phantasm days.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

I think you're all ignoring something important, which is how hilarious Patrick Stewart looks in that chair thingy. Edit: and laying an atomic fart bomb.

In your poster-making-professional opinion, is there any way to make that chair not look stupid as gently caress? Like I'm picturing whoever is responsible for that just sweating bullets trying over and over and over again to make it work.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If that Xavier on the X-Men poster isn't the subject of a GBS photoshop thread already, it should be.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

In your poster-making-professional opinion, is there any way to make that chair not look stupid as gently caress? Like I'm picturing whoever is responsible for that just sweating bullets trying over and over and over again to make it work.

I'd start by losing the fart bomb but yeah I hear what you're saying.

edit: He looks concerned about it too.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 26, 2014

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Done in a rush, and it looked much,much better in my head. :negative:

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Try it with Pompeii :allears:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Terminal Entropy posted:

Try it with Pompeii :allears:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Professor Firefarts is the greatest gift they could have given me.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If you view the full-sized Hercules poster, it's like The Rock is literally there with you only you are seeing him through a window.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That's higher resolution than the Rock is in real life.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Corek posted:

That's higher resolution than the Rock is in real life.

Dwayne Johnson is just his stage name, his real name is RealLifeTheRock.gif.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

It's trite to say, but I would enjoy a Photoshop thread with this.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

That's some good cleave.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

The MSJ posted:

If you view the full-sized Hercules poster, it's like The Rock is literally there with you only you are seeing him through a window.

Is it just me, or does the font used for that title look really cheap and DTV? It's used in the trailer, too. I know it's nitpicky, but it's really bugging me for some reason.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

ruddiger posted:

Man, looking at it again, the original Darkman poster is gorgeous AND tells you everything that needs to be said about the movie.

I would love it if Rami and Neeson returned to this franchise.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sef! posted:

Is it just me, or does the font used for that title look really cheap and DTV? It's used in the trailer, too. I know it's nitpicky, but it's really bugging me for some reason.

I think maybe it's supposed to evoke memories of 300? But I agree, the moment it appeared in the trailer it felt cheap to see.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That potential photoshop thread screams for Everdraed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sef! posted:

Yeah it's pretty bad. A bold sans serif of some kind would be better I think.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

ruddiger posted:

The original did too, but pulled it off much better. As it looks now, along with the Night of the Demons poster, it looks like they hired the first guy who looked like he knew how to hold a pen steady to draw it for them. And to top it off, both posters are pretty much the illustrated version of floaty heads/random stills thrown up wherever the illustrator could fit them. Like the more overly-worked Mondo posters, it's just clutter for the sake of clutter with no flow to it.

Man, looking at it again, the original Darkman poster is gorgeous AND tells you everything that needs to be said about the movie.

It is not really thought of as a superhero movie, but it's one of the best out there. If memory serves, Raimi was compelled to make it when he was passed over for Tim Burton's "Batman."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I love Sam Raimi but I'm glad he didn't do Batman.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I thought Raimi only made Darkman because he couldn't get the rights to The Shadow.

It is a good movie though.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Do you have the blank for Prof. X?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Is not perfection and someone else could make a better one, but here you have:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It looks like he's sitting on a floating dentist's chair or a barber's chair.

The way his feet stick out is ridiculous. I can only imagine, in the real world, how irritating that would be. You'd constantly bumping into things and people.

Or he's going in for a pap smear.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

edit nm

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gorilla Salad posted:

The way his feet stick out is ridiculous. I can only imagine, in the real world, how irritating that would be. You'd constantly bumping into things and people.

If it's any consolation he'd have no way to tell.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I just wish they went full stupid and gave him the chair that he had in the 90's. That big clunky floating yellow one.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

That one was nuts:

Cleaner version of his fart chair if anyone wants it:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Terminal Entropy posted:

Cleaner version of his fart chair if anyone wants it:

Thanks, the fire fart looks more glorious here :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Gorilla Salad posted:

It looks like he's sitting on a floating dentist's chair or a barber's chair.

Um...probably not a barber's chair.