Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Al Borland posted:

I'm in the process of growing a beard right now and it doesn't look fully there yet so heres one of me before beard. I have such a babyface without one =/

I have changed my opinion, you could pull off a (small nothing obnoxious please) pompadour.

E:

Lionfish loving
Inside the deep blue ocean
Baby belugas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

poopkitty posted:

I look uber serious. Its the uniform.

(I'm also not wearing my blouse (top) but it has my name on it.)

(I'm also probably gonna delete this in a little while because I don't need the Navy thread goons like "OMG! I know you!" Because I swear everyone in Japan knows me by my haircut.)

You look like you could kick my rear end

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Thora posted:

I have changed my opinion, you could pull off a (small nothing obnoxious please) pompadour.

That's the plan and thank you!

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

You look like you could kick my rear end

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

The pomp will look great on you.

I don't know about a beard. Try it out and then get rid of it if it's bad. Don't be one of those guys who keeps a bad beard.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Meis posted:

I don't know about a beard. Try it out and then get rid of it if it's bad. Don't be one of those guys who keeps a bad beard.

Yeah I hear you. I can't grow a full beard I know it looks bad when I try so I generally just keep it on the chin and sides neatly. It takes me far too long to grow a beard. When I do get further along maybe I'll post in lady thread and ask for opinions.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Meis posted:

agreed, I love good beards on dudes but there's nothing worse than a lovely sloppy poorly groomed beard

first couple of days back in the lab after time off doing other things are always ropey, I've done some really dumb stuff today and I don't wanna gently caress up anything else, think I might go home early :(
nooooooot a good day

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

vaguely posted:

agreed, I love good beards on dudes but there's nothing worse than a lovely sloppy poorly groomed beard

first couple of days back in the lab after time off doing other things are always ropey, I've done some really dumb stuff today and I don't wanna gently caress up anything else, think I might go home early :(
nooooooot a good day

Aww I hate when I just can't get into the flow.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

My dad has a fantastic beard. Better than solid snake. He's had it for my whole life so when it comes to beards I accept nothing short of perfection.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

boom boom boom posted:

don't grow a beard

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
10 more days/7 more work days until vacaaaaation and frolicking with alligators

But he looked hungry and in dire need of a hug :( $500 well spent imo.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Mornin' ladies.

My hair right now is at that brief window where it looks perfect. I got a haircut about a month ago, so it'll undoubtedly start going to seed soon

I wish I could stop it growing

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Crow Jane posted:

Mornin' ladies.

My hair right now is at that brief window where it looks perfect. I got a haircut about a month ago, so it'll undoubtedly start going to seed soon

The hairdo does look really good!

Thora posted:

10 more days/7 more work days until vacaaaaation and frolicking with alligators

But he looked hungry and in dire need of a hug :( $500 well spent imo.

Is it bad all I saw was Approach, Feed, harass?

I didn't see the DO NOT.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

Mornin' ladies.

:swoon: you're always so pretty

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Crow Jane posted:

Mornin' ladies.

I am so jealous of your ability to look amazing while wearing color on your lips. You are so glam!

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
We should just revive Awful Yearbook at this point.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Captain Backslap posted:

We should just revive Awful Yearbook at this point.

yeah that's a terrible idea

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
It would be... Something Awful.

:lol:

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

you're pulling off the look I'm TRYING to do. How are you getting such neat curls in the back? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Hahaha, guess who forgot her Effexor today! It's 11:35pm and I am super tired, but having just taken my pills may leave me awake for ages yet.

Awake but too tired to do anything. Fun.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pig Benis Disciple posted:

yeah that's a terrible idea

do it do it do it

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Looks like there's still people logging in over there on occasion.

http://awfulyearbook.com/comments/top/monthly

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Women's Rights? posted:

you're pulling off the look I'm TRYING to do. How are you getting such neat curls in the back? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS

It's just what my hair does, no secrets sadly. I just straighten the front bits and let the rest air dry. I use a Shea butter hair goo thing which is awesome, though

Thanks everybody. I'm going to miss this window of good hair

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

why are you so pretty CJ

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

Any tips for walking in heels? I never wear them but when I do I walk like the doll monster from Silent Hill 5.

Reference video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEj1R5cI8k0

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
want a hobo beard

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Captain Backslap posted:

Looks like there's still people logging in over there on occasion.

http://awfulyearbook.com/comments/top/monthly

quote:

man i would suck the crispy cream right out of your dick you loving brown piece of poo poo

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Avshalom posted:

the infamous process video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg0Zw27-IwU

hear the australian accent, see the beautiful hands for which i got fired, behold my mastery of the fill bucket tool

Your accent is pretty :3:

Avshalom posted:

the adventure continues

e: if you're worried about the lack of cattebox, don't be, they're above the walruses and will be inked in soon
THIS IS THE BEST. I'M SO EXCITED.

poopkitty posted:

snip

I look uber serious. Its the uniform.

(I'm also not wearing my blouse (top) but it has my name on it.)

(I'm also probably gonna delete this in a little while because I don't need the Navy thread goons like "OMG! I know you!" Because I swear everyone in Japan knows me by my haircut.)
I love seeing goons faces, no-one ever looks like how I imagine them. And Ichiro is the best also.

Crow Jane posted:

Mornin' ladies.

Hair is amazing. Also your face.

Have I caught up? I'm having lunch.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Crow Jane, your eyebrow-game is on point, that arch!

Meis posted:

My dad has a fantastic beard. Better than solid snake. He's had it for my whole life so when it comes to beards I accept nothing short of perfection.

My boyfriend has a great beard, it's full and he trims it weekly, he is truly blessed. Don't grow a beard unless you can grow a full one, so many dudes try and fail miserably.

RebBrownies posted:

Any tips for walking in heels? I never wear them but when I do I walk like the doll monster from Silent Hill 5.

Reference video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEj1R5cI8k0

Start with a wedge or a blocky heel and practice, practice, practice. Holland is very cobble-stoney so it's been a learning process for me, but I love being tall as gently caress and clickityclacking

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
Was walking through the office and some lady I don't know from the other side of the building shrieked "you've lost so much weight!" at me so self esteem sky rocketed :3:

Crow Jane posted:

It's just what my hair does, no secrets sadly. I just straighten the front bits and let the rest air dry. I use a Shea butter hair goo thing which is awesome, though

Do you have a link to the goo and/or a place where you buy it? I already shove enough stuff in my hair to keep the frizz down, one more won't hurt!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Women's Rights? posted:

Was walking through the office and some lady I don't know from the other side of the building shrieked "you've lost so much weight!" at me so self esteem sky rocketed :3:

Do you have a link to the goo and/or a place where you buy it? I already shove enough stuff in my hair to keep the frizz down, one more won't hurt!

I'm at work and can't remember the name, but it's a Shea-neem-coconut concoction that comes in a pink tub that I bought in the "black hair" section at CVS. I would highly recommend checking out that aisle to anyone with curls

That's an awesome compliment to start your day, Women's Rights?! I'm feeling pretty good right now myself, you ladies are the best :h:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

InvisibleMonkey posted:

My boyfriend has a great beard, it's full and he trims it weekly, he is truly blessed. Don't grow a beard unless you can grow a full one, so many dudes try and fail miserably.
my boyfriend's beard is gorgeous, also kind of hilarious in that it contains the only tiny evidence of ginger in his ancestry anywhere on him
the rest of him is standard jet-black Chinese hair, except for these few stray orange beardhairs
it's p great

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

vaguely posted:

my boyfriend's beard is gorgeous, also kind of hilarious in that it contains the only tiny evidence of ginger in his ancestry anywhere on him
the rest of him is standard jet-black Chinese hair, except for these few stray orange beardhairs
it's p great

I think almost every dude has some red in his beard, my brother has the same hair and he still gets red in his beard (he can't grow a good beard).

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

vaguely posted:

it's p great

This sounds amazing. My bf also has a ginger beard but he's a dark blonde haired person so it's not as outlandish looking as jet black hair.

He won't grow his beard out, he hates it. WHAT ABOUT MY NEEDS?

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Whyyy would he hate it, I thought men hated shaving their face (I would)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

InvisibleMonkey posted:

it sucks fyi

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Shaving the face isn't really that bad. Its a bit tedious depending on how far the beard is along, usually you have to cut it back before shaving, but eh its not like legs.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I was going to post my hair, but I forgot to save it to dropbox so its not on my phone and I have left the house now (going to that art gallery) so it will wait til I get home I guess..

CJ you look beautiful :3:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I can't stand facial hair on men. Mustaches in particular remind me of my dad.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My boyfriend has a beard off and on, and at the moment he's growing one in. He looks like a civil war photograph when he's bearded, which is actually surprisingly attractive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Al Borland posted:

Shaving the face isn't really that bad. Its a bit tedious depending on how far the beard is along, usually you have to cut it back before shaving, but eh its not like legs.

but you can just never shave your legs and no one would have to know, I think a face is a bit diff

Nessa posted:

I can't stand facial hair on men. Mustaches in particular remind me of my dad.

mustaches are dumb 99% of the time tho

• Locked thread