Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

89 posted:

So, what's the current haul looking like for the Raiders this free agency period with their crazy cap space?
At least 10 player deaths from old age by november

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I wish Knowshon the best :unsmith:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:laffo: I guess MJD used to cut the grass at John Madden's house as a kid.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

89 posted:

So, what's the current haul looking like for the Raiders this free agency period with their crazy cap space?
http://www.raiders.com/team/transactions.html

Main ones being Austin Howard, Justin Tuck, LaMarr Woodley, Tarell Brown, Antonio :ninja: Smith, James Jones, Kevin Boothe (again), Donald Penn, Schaub, and a few of their own guys and other random names. But the biggest is 2013 Grey Cup MVP Kory Sheets.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
In theory a much better team on paper

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

In theory a much better team on paper

60 mil in cap space will do that yeah

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Has anyone posted that the Raiders are now planning on playing Austin Howard at guard instead of tackle?

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2014/03/24/raiders-looking-at-howard-to-play-guard-not-tackle/

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Shaun Phillips and Wesley Woodyard are gonna be best buds!

@AdamSchefter 29m
Former Broncos LB Shaun Phillps reached agreement on a 2-year, $6M deal with the Tenneessee Titans, per source.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter now

Patriots and DT Vince Wilfork restructured his contract. It's a new 3-year, $22.5M deal, per source. Wilfork stays a Patriot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DupaDupa posted:

Holy moly

Welp, I take back anything I said about it being a bad contract. If I read that right it's $4m guaranteed if they want to cut him after this season? I'm not entirely sure what "guar for skill/injury" means. Does it mean he still gets it if he suffers a bad injury or if he hits predetermined stats?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Patriots and DT Vince Wilfork restructured his contract. It's a new 3-year, $22.5M deal, per source. Wilfork stays a Patriot.

:toot:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

hahaha MJD, McFadden, and Murray... who will be healthy week 4?

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Paperback Writer posted:

Sheets.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oakland Rough Raiders 2ypc all year

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I would be willing to wager that Reece ends up having the most rushing yards out of all of them even if MJD signs.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

IcePhoenix posted:

Welp, I take back anything I said about it being a bad contract. If I read that right it's $4m guaranteed if they want to cut him after this season? I'm not entirely sure what "guar for skill/injury" means. Does it mean he still gets it if he suffers a bad injury or if he hits predetermined stats?

Its basically a low base with a bunch of easily reachable incentives, but also a clause that voids the last year of the contract if Allen does too well.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

This preseason keeps getting better and better. I would have never guessed that the Patriots would land Revis and Browner while also keeping both Edelman and Wilfork.

:smaug:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He'll still be 3rd in carries.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

So happy about this

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is knowshon when he found out he has to play in miami lol

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

sean10mm posted:

This preseason keeps getting better and better. I would have never guessed that the Patriots would land Revis and Browner while also keeping both Edelman and Wilfork.

:smaug:

Now let's see if he's recovered from his injury. Well, him and Kelly.

This is great news, though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

But he ripped the nameplate off his locker!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Ehud posted:

this is knowshon when he found out he has to play in miami lol

I dunno, playing for miami sounds kinda fun, it's a party almost every night, the women are fine, and you can do tons of coke if that's your thing.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Paperback Writer posted:

Pryor halfback passes all day.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I am really pleased Vince is staying, but I am extremely puzzled how they arrived at that deal if they weren't a fan of the $7.5m for this year status quo.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Intruder posted:

sasfreeagentchart.jpg yessssssssssss

Rap posted:

love when it happens with a player who demands release because you can see it in real time

And now the flow chart is complete

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

evilweasel posted:

I am really pleased Vince is staying, but I am extremely puzzled how they arrived at that deal if they weren't a fan of the $7.5m for this year status quo.

Wasn't there some reason that he would actually cost $11m against the cap because of his previous contract?

e: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337601/article/vince-wilfork-patriots-agree-to-threeyear-extension

quote:

Under the terms of his previous deal, he was set to make $7.5 million in 2014, with a salary cap charge of $11.6 million stemming from the five-year pact he signed in 2010.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gerty posted:

Wasn't there some reason that he would actually cost $11m against the cap because of his previous contract?

e: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337601/article/vince-wilfork-patriots-agree-to-threeyear-extension

Ahh, got it. Curious how him getting paid $8m results in a lower cap hit though since he was actually getting paid $7.5m before, unless that $8m includes part of the signing bonus or whatever boosted the cap hit.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

The Benchize

Or just Mark Benchez.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

They probably just needed cap space, so they back-loaded a new contract with a fat signing bonus.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

evilweasel posted:

Ahh, got it. Curious how him getting paid $8m results in a lower cap hit though since he was actually getting paid $7.5m before, unless that $8m includes part of the signing bonus or whatever boosted the cap hit.

We'll have to wait to see the details, because as of right now it's vague as to what the actual cap hit is. I'm assuming that the 3 mil guaranteed is a signing bonus, and so his salary this year is 5 mil, hence a cap hit of 6 mil. If he doesn't come back next year, there's 2 mil in dead money. So effectively saving 5 mil in cap space this year. Or if 8 mil is the cap hit this year, we still save 3 mil.

e: oh wait, I reread your post and realized that my explanation doesn't give you any new info. Yeah, I guess the 3mil has to be a signing bonus

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 28, 2014

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

AvesPKS posted:

I'm so glad the Redskins let him go all those years ago. If they kept him he probably would've gotten murdered out there.

He was a great player for the Steelers for a lot years, but man last year was so bad for him. It's rough watching good players age out of their physical prime.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
wrong thread

Azhais fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 28, 2014

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

japtor posted:

http://www.raiders.com/team/transactions.html

Main ones being Austin Howard, Justin Tuck, LaMarr Woodley, Tarell Brown, Antonio :ninja: Smith, James Jones, Kevin Boothe (again), Donald Penn, Schaub, and a few of their own guys and other random names. But the biggest is 2013 Grey Cup MVP Kory Sheets.

Kory Sheets played briefly for the Fins a long time ago and is very loving fast. I used to be a dick and sub him into certain packeges in madden and run a toss to him cause boy has wheels.

thats my kory sheets story

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

PantsFreeZone posted:

Reported to be worth just $3m. Good pickup. He should immediately be the full-time 3rd down back at least. Nice to not have to watch Daniel Thomas or Lamar Miller miss a blocking assignment and get Tannehill crunched.

In the article I read it said Miller ran for over 700 yards last season. Between how poo poo the o-line was and how badly running backs were used by the coaching staff that is pretty shocking to me. Lets hope Moreno can pass some wisdom onto Miller during the year. I'd say the same for Thomas but his annual concussion would make it a moot point.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Trast posted:

In the article I read it said Miller ran for over 700 yards last season. Between how poo poo the o-line was and how badly running backs were used by the coaching staff that is pretty shocking to me. Lets hope Moreno can pass some wisdom onto Miller during the year. I'd say the same for Thomas but his annual concussion would make it a moot point.

Thomas will be cut. Gillislee is poised to take the third spot.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ehud posted:

Thomas will be cut. Gillislee is poised to take the third spot.

Good, should have happened last year

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Waroduce posted:

Kory Sheets played briefly for the Fins a long time ago and is very loving fast. I used to be a dick and sub him into certain packeges in madden and run a toss to him cause boy has wheels.

thats my kory sheets story

You're dangerously close to putting the words "raiders" and "speed" in the same sentence my friend

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

This made my whole week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
MJD and DMC on the same team. I used to really want this. Now I'm not so sure. At least if there isn't any possible way they couldn't both injure themselves within several weeks of each other.

hahaha who am I kidding :suicide:

• Locked thread