Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

LividLiquid posted:

Literally everybody listening to the show is an internet wrestling fan.

That thought occurred to me later, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

They literally had Lita on three of the four PodcastOne shows in the span of a week how dumb is that

Given the choice I'd listen to Jericho's first and JR's last

JR: (snidely) As if they knew what "over" meant

I dunno Jim it's not really that difficult a concept it's not like y'all are doing molecular physics out there

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 27, 2014

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wonder if JR only reads the worse dregs of the internet or if he just hates fans who have opinions and have listened to enough wrestlers to at least understand the lingo.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spikeguy posted:

I wonder if JR only reads the worse dregs of the internet or if he just hates fans who have opinions and have listened to enough wrestlers to at least understand the lingo.

I don't think it's the latter, he responds politely to smark fans on his blog all the time.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The term "internet wrestling fan" is so loving outdated and every time somebody uses it, they're only proving how out of touch they are.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

epitasis posted:

They literally had Lita on three of the four PodcastOne shows in the span of a week how dumb is that

Given the choice I'd listen to Jericho's first and JR's last

All of them have the same agent for bookings and stuff if I remember right from a JR interview.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Spikeguy posted:

JR once got really uppity on Twitter because fans wanted to think of championships as meaning something, while he kept calling them props.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

The term "internet wrestling fan" is so loving outdated and every time somebody uses it, they're only proving how out of touch they are.

Seriously, WWE plugs Twitter during their whole show. Everyone is now an "internet wrestling fan" so shut the gently caress up.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Seriously, WWE plugs Twitter during their whole show. Everyone is now an "internet wrestling fan" so shut the gently caress up.

Remember, WWE sometimes has a habit of looking down on people who actually enjoy their product

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Remember, WWE sometimes has a habit of looking down on people who actually enjoy their product

tbf that's not so much a WWE thing as the traditional wrestling mindset. If anything that attitude is at least lower now then it was in the past.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i demand dave's screenplay

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Cardboard Box posted:

i demand dave's screenplay

I lost it when he said it would be a piece that focuses on people, maybe using sports as a backdrop

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Thauros posted:

tbf that's not so much a WWE thing as the traditional wrestling mindset. If anything that attitude is at least lower now then it was in the past.
Yeah isn't that a thing in Japanese Wrestling?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

I believe Vince really hates the term marks (except if he sometimes uses it.)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"This absolutely pissed my... pisser."

I love Bryan Alvarez.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Have the pissbois ever seen this work of art starring :siren:Greg Valentine:siren: and George Steele?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AoJWUo2FDc

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

triplexpac posted:

I lost it when he said it would be a piece that focuses on people, maybe using sports as a backdrop

I was already rolling before that. His tone about how easily he could write a script had me dying. Very happy to hear that others picked up on the absurdity of a Big Dave screenplay.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Anyone else listen to the Cyborg interview? If you haven't I'd pass on it. I don't think she said anything interesting and she had a hard time hearing/understanding Bryan and Dave. Cyborg wouldn't understand the question or certain words so Bryan and Dave just kept repeating the question of phrase she didn't understand like 3 or 4 times.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bryan finally pushed Todd over the limit this week.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Batista posted:

Bryan finally pushed Todd over the limit this week.

Hopefully by this you mean, "Todd will no longer be appearing on podcasts."

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

CVagts posted:

Hopefully by this you mean, "Todd will no longer be appearing on podcasts."

It was more that he flips out on Bryan, I have never heard him more pissed off. Bryan really pushed his buttons by playing devil's advocate this week.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Batista posted:

It was more that he flips out on Bryan, I have never heard him more pissed off. Bryan really pushed his buttons by playing devil's advocate this week.

How? What was the topic?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Whether cm punk would ever return to wwe. Tbh Bryan really was super annoying, it wasn't playing devil's advocate it was being intentionally dense.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I had to turn off the Todd show. It's like Bryan and Todd take turns at being the most infuriating person ever to listen to. Bryan says CM Punk will never ever return to WWE, and Todd said Bret Hart returned and he left under worse circumstances. Bryan says that's the worst argument ever.

What the gently caress???

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Grant DaNasty posted:

I had to turn off the Todd show. It's like Bryan and Todd take turns at being the most infuriating person ever to listen to. Bryan says CM Punk will never ever return to WWE, and Todd said Bret Hart returned and he left under worse circumstances. Bryan says that's the worst argument ever.

Bryan's right, he just can't articulate it well. Hart has always been an ego guy. None of the poo poo that matters most to Hart and contributed to his return really matters to Punk at all.

I get Todd's point and I tend to believe Punk will be back eventually but comparing the Hart situation to Punk's is pretty foolish to me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bryan's right, he just can't articulate it well. Hart has always been an ego guy. None of the poo poo that matters most to Hart and contributed to his return really matters to Punk at all.

How can you possibly know what's important to Punk?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Grant DaNasty posted:

I think Bryan's main point was that while Vince has always been willing to bring people back if it can make him money, he doesn't think Triple H will be the same way. Bryan's terrible at debating though.

I can't blame you for turning off the show, I've never been able to listen to a whole show of those two. Todd always seems to bring out the worst parts of Bryan's personality.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I get Todd's point and I tend to believe Punk will be back eventually but comparing the Hart situation to Punk's is pretty foolish to me.

They both have decent points they both are also just loving TERRIBLE at making those points.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

flashy_mcflash posted:

How can you possibly know what's important to Punk?

From what he's said in interviews?

I mean he could be lying, but you can say that about everyone ever.

I think that while Vince is there, Punk has a way back in, because Vince will work with anyone if he can make him money. If Vince is gone, it's another story entirely, specifically because, and you can think what he did was right or wrong for whatever reasons or whatever.

Punk walked out of Raw 30 minutes before they went live, yes, because Vince was in meetings all day and he was only free for those 30 minutes, he still chose instead of going out and doing the promo they had for him that night and then leaving, to breech his contract and go home 30 minutes before a show. Whether you work in wrestling, or theater, or television or in an office. That is the wrong thing to do.

If I'm a promoter, And the dude has shown he will walk out on me in breech of loving contract because of how he feels? I'm not going to trip over myself looking to get him back, especially if he, supposedly, isn't answering my phone calls or showing any signs of returning.

So if it's up to Vince, and Punk wants to come back? sure, Vince has taken back people who've hosed him if he can make money with them, and he can make money with Punk. But Hunter? Who the gently caress KNOWS if Hunter will take him back. Especially when instead he can make an example of him by not taking him back and pushing someone in his spot, basically sending a message to anyone else with ideas "I can replace you"

Or, and this is an example, in the old NWA days if someone was pissing off his promoter by essentially being a rebel, another promoter would go, act buddy buddy, offer him a deal down in his territory, get him all settled in with a house and kids in school and then NEVER BOOK THEM.

So even if they take Punk back, exclusive deal, getting paid. they can do it and then say "And you're not working."

Just keeps him off the independent scene, he can make his money, sit on his rear end and not get used. Maybe form a book club with JTG and Curt Hawkins.

If Punk walked back in on Monday and said "Okay I'm here, and I can guarantee that I wont be leaving until my contracts up" and it was me? I would say "Well better go back home, because there's no room on the card for you, and we've already written around your absence."

Bryan has a really good point. Burn out doesn't last forever. And when Punk gets over that hurdle, if he decides "Hey I wanna go back" due to the way he left, there's a real chance of that door not being open for him. Or the door being opened and then being buried to hell. Again, agree with his reasons, whatever they may be, for leaving, or disagree with them, irrelevant.

He breached his contract on the road to the biggest show of the year, 30 minutes before Raw was on the air. He didn't have a match that night, all he had was a promo. He didn't even stick around to cut it and not facilitate rewrites 30 minutes before they were live. He was unprofessional, and it's exactly like the Ziggler situation. When you're unprofessional, your bosses will be pissed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Onmi posted:

From what he's said in interviews?

I mean he could be lying, but you can say that about everyone ever.

What has he said in interviews? What interviews are you specifically talking about?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought JR sounded really creepy during the Lita interview. I listened to it yesterday while on a long car ride and the whole thing was really weird. Did he not know she dated CM Punk for a good length of time? When talking about business burnout he nonchalantly asked about the CM Punk situation (to which she annoyingly brushed it off with a "No idea") and it sounded like he wasn't aware. Just seemed odd.

I enjoyed his interview with Trish but the Lita one was pretty much (creepy) poo poo.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I just think it's dumb to say its impossible that Punk will ever return. As long as they could make money with him, there's always the possibility.

Hart got screwed, he came back.

Warrior held up Vince for money and got fired, he came back.

Ventura and Brock sued WWE and won, they came back.

Sable sued WWE, she came back.

Austin walked out on the company, he came back.

CM Punk walked out with 30 minute notice. Welp he's blackballed for life!

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Punk will be back for a mania main event in like a year or two. THE GREATEST OF IRONIES, getting his main event by being a filthy part timer.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Grant DaNasty posted:

I just think it's dumb to say its impossible that Punk will ever return. As long as they could make money with him, there's always the possibility.

Hart got screwed, he came back.

Warrior held up Vince for money and got fired, he came back.

Ventura and Brock sued WWE and won, they came back.

Sable sued WWE, she came back.

Austin walked out on the company, he came back.

CM Punk walked out with 30 minute notice. Welp he's blackballed for life!

No one is saying it's impossible. They are saying that if it's Hunter, it may be improbable because Hunter is not Vince.

Note that all of those things were Vince, and many, including me, have said "Vince will take someone back if he can make money with them"

flashy_mcflash posted:

What has he said in interviews? What interviews are you specifically talking about?

That when he was done, he was done, he didn't intend to come back or stay past his prime, he talked constantly about not wanting to re-sign as he was burnt out. Now he can easily have changed his opinions on these things in a few months when the burn-out is gone. Who knows? What was the longest he's gone without wrestling since he started?

Like I can't even think of any big injuries he's had, I think the longest he spent gone was after Wrestlemania 29. So a couple months and he was always coming back... so in a year he could very well go "gently caress I wanna wrestle again, specifically in the WWE,"and want to come back.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Onmi posted:

That when he was done, he was done, he didn't intend to come back or stay past his prime, he talked constantly about not wanting to re-sign as he was burnt out. Now he can easily have changed his opinions on these things in a few months when the burn-out is gone. Who knows? What was the longest he's gone without wrestling since he started?

Like I can't even think of any big injuries he's had, I think the longest he spent gone was after Wrestlemania 29. So a couple months and he was always coming back... so in a year he could very well go "gently caress I wanna wrestle again, specifically in the WWE,"and want to come back.

So what you're saying is that no one has the slightest idea what Punk wants or thinks. On that point, we agree.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Onmi posted:

No one is saying it's impossible. They are saying that if it's Hunter, it may be improbable because Hunter is not Vince.

Note that all of those things were Vince, and many, including me, have said "Vince will take someone back if he can make money with them"
Hunter was able to convince Bruno to come back to the WWE, but then again that's an entirely different situation.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Hunter was able to convince Bruno to come back to the WWE, but then again that's an entirely different situation.

Also didn't have anything to do with Hunter. I mean, I personally don't believe the story that he left because he didn't want to face Hunter at Wrestlemania, if only because that's a really good spot on the card, and personally I think it was more burn out, injuries etc.

Because gently caress, he had to know that was coming when he first started working with the Authority.

But, on the chance it's true, and that it's up to Hunter in the future and not Vince. And... okay we've not seen Hunter handle a situation that struck at him, that's one thing about the Punk situation, there's no real precedence for this when considering the actors on stage here. If Punk left because of Hunter, Hunters never dealt with someone leaving and essentially loving him, he's dealt with stuff Vince had previously hosed up on, but nothing he himself has done. Punks never done the walk away from his contract and taking his ball and going home that I can recall.

I mean stuff like this has happened in wrestling, but never with these guys, and people are all different.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

canada jezus posted:

Whether cm punk would ever return to wwe. Tbh Bryan really was super annoying, it wasn't playing devil's advocate it was being intentionally dense.

I hated when he'd do this just to get in a pedantic debate, he'd catch Dave in them sometimes too.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Very glad Bryan Alvarez could share his thoughts on "boobies" with us and how they make him say "YEAHHHHHH" lustfully, but only up to a certain size.

IMPACT is sounding so bad an incompetent these days I'm thinking of watching again. Probably a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Tato posted:

Very glad Bryan Alvarez could share his thoughts on "boobies" with us and how they make him say "YEAHHHHHH," but only up to a certain size.

Does he kiss his wife with that mouth???

• Locked thread