Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter now

Patriots and DT Vince Wilfork restructured his contract. It's a new 3-year, $22.5M deal, per source. Wilfork stays a Patriot.

boooo I really wanted the Chargers to make a run at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

You're dangerously close to putting the words "raiders" and "speed" in the same sentence my friend
He ran a 4.39 40 apparently...I don't remember if Al would count that as fast enough, it's been so long.

LEGO Genetics posted:

MJD and DMC on the same team. I used to really want this. Now I'm not so sure. At least if there isn't any possible way they couldn't both injure themselves within several weeks of each other.

hahaha who am I kidding :suicide:
Taiwan Jones will make a triumphant return as emergency RB.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like MJD to Oakland is official. As if watching Raiders games weren't depressing enough, now I have to watch TWO shells of my favorite running backs. :sigh:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@AdamSchefter
A deal still not final, but Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew and Raiders are expected to agree later today on a three-year deal, per sources.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
A three year deal? :stare:

I have to imagine years 2 and 3 are dummy years.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Ozu posted:

@AdamSchefter
A deal still not final, but Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew and Raiders are expected to agree later today on a three-year deal, per sources.

Three years omg what are you doing Reggie?! :smith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Number of years means nothing until you see the actual terms of the contract.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I no longer feel bad for MJD.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Ozu posted:

@AdamSchefter

Chased the money. Oh well. Sorry MJD

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

StarcraftM posted:

An aging RB would be dumb not to.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

StarcraftM posted:

yeah if he truly loved the game he would take a discount to play for the patriots

sometimes I wonder if you're my old coworker

sometimes I wish I could punch you

you are the worst

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the eagles made the sanchez signing official, and it's for a year

remember, he's just one bad hit on foles away

e: for $2.25 mil

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 28, 2014

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Ehud posted:

yeah if he truly loved the game he would take a discount to play for the patriots

you are the worst

Don't feed the trolls. And as usual there's almost no difference between "trolls" and "average Pats fans"

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Rap posted:

Don't feed the trolls. And as usual there's almost no difference between "trolls" and "average Pats fans"

Man, having some average Pats fans on here would be fun for 5 minutes. The red titles would be kinda great.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
MJD is from the bay area so it kinda makes sense he would go to a team close to home

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

you are the worst

MJD has been in Jacksonville for like... drat ever. He's clearly alright with playing for poo poo teams that pay well.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Vertical Lime posted:

the eagles made the sanchez signing official, and it's for a year

remember, he's just one bad hit on foles away

e: for $2.25 mil

I'm not joking when I say I can probably hold a clipboard as well as Sanchez and I want 2.25 mil to do it.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

I'm not joking when I say I can probably hold a clipboard as well as Sanchez and I want 2.25 mil to do it.

But could you look as pretty while doing it?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

But could you look as pretty while doing it?

Turns out you can polish a turd.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Doltos posted:

How many interceptions can you throw though when you're put in the game though? You have to be able to get the ball out to a defender before you're sacked, and that takes at least some football skills.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

evilweasel posted:

How many interceptions can you throw though when you're put in the game though? You have to be able to get the ball out to a defender before you're sacked, and that takes at least some football skills.

My dump off skills are legendary. I can see a whole field of open receivers past the 10 yard line and dump it off to my lovely out route as well as Sanchez. I say as well because he's the master at that.

Our throwing left INT rates would probably be similar.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Are you capable of eating hot dogs and sleeping with underage girls?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

Are you capable of eating hot dogs and sleeping with underage girls?

:getin:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ehud posted:

you are the worst

Was he around for the bullying scandal? if not hooray you escaped some horrible BS

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Danieal Manning has agreed to take a pay cut for the final year of his contract, I'm not seeing any numbers yet though. Thankfully this means the Shiloh Keo Experience is not going to continue on into 2014

Also remember when MJD ripped Cutler for coming out of the NFCCG when he tore his MCL? Memories...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I said before free agency started that MJD would be a Raider and ya'll laughed at me

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Jay Cutler has to be the most hated QB after Romo. I can't believe how many Bears fans want him gone.

E: Well maybe after Vick and Romo.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

StarcraftM posted:

haha look at this guy.

The RB market is so depressed that a guy who ran for 1000 yards last season signed a deal paying him $3 mil per year. MJD's deal is probably peanuts and we're only paying McFadden a $1.5 mil base salary.

MJD went to high school 20 miles from the Raiders stadium, still lives in the Bay area and mowed John Madden's lawn as a kid. Maybe he just wanted to come home.

As Dennis Allen said, the only way to beat the Broncos right now is to keep Peyton on the sideline. We will need to run the ball 40 times a game so I ain't mad.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

StarcraftM is the origin of Lost Season so don't pay too much attention

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

John Brown posted:

Jay Cutler has to be the most hated QB after Romo. I can't believe how many Bears fans want him gone.

E: Well maybe after Vick and Romo.

I never count Vick in that category because unlike Romo or Cutler Vick did something worth hating him for. The other two didn't (outside playing for the cowboys, Romo you bum)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

No, let's not go down that road again.

Just know Romo and Cutler both own and deserve better than the poo poo they get from fans.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

John Brown posted:

Jay Cutler has to be the most hated QB after Romo.

Which is weird because he's the best QB the Bears ever had.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Febreeze posted:

Was he around for the bullying scandal? if not hooray you escaped some horrible BS

He went to work for a rival company, and I went to work for a place that doesn't make me want to kill myself :coolfish:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Toymachine posted:

Which is weird because he's the best QB the Bears ever had.

That's usually how I get people to shut the hell up.

I start naming the list of Bears QB's since 1992 that I essentially have memorized. And ask them if they would rather have any of them over Cutler.

I've had one say one say Orton, and one say Jim Miller(my personal favorite.)

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Dexo posted:

That's usually how I get people to shut the hell up.

I start naming the list of Bears QB's since 1992 that I essentially have memorized. And ask them if they would rather have any of them over Cutler.

I've had one say one say Orton, and one say Jim Miller(my personal favorite.)

I think a Jim Miller works at the local feed store.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 28, 2014

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

StarcraftM posted:

Tom Brady is never going to win another Super Bowl.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sour Diesel posted:

hahaha why did this make me laugh so much

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Ehud posted:

you are the worst

Dude there are like 5 or 6 teams he could have joined to compete for a SB

Why you gotta make this personal Ehud, I love you bro

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sour Diesel posted:

Please don't say this :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Tony Romo is never going to win a superbowl, unless he gets traded. Tom Brady could always backup Eli.

• Locked thread