Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

bobkatt013 posted:

Would not be the first time
Action 289

Haha, what the gently caress was with the writers back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Times change. Times are still changing. Maybe in 50 years we'll be laughing over how outmoded our current morality is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bloodly posted:

Times change. Times are still changing. Maybe in 50 years we'll be laughing over how outmoded our current morality is.

Where do you come from? Shelbyville

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

bobkatt013 posted:

Would not be the first time
Action 289

Superman has put entirely too much thought into this.

Also, if you are not doing something only because of the laws of an exploded planet, that's not the best reason.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
How to handle a vampire. (The Goon #4, Eric Powell)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Cangelosi posted:

How to handle a vampire. (The Goon #4, Eric Powell)

The Goon is the goon that all goons should aspire to be.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

Superman has put entirely too much thought into this.

Also, if you are not doing something only because of the laws of an exploded planet, that's not the best reason.

He then goes on to use his super kryptonian scanners to search the universe for a woman who looks and is like an exact duplicate of Supergirl but not related to him and goes and gets him some of that. I'm not kidding.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Trast posted:

Supergirl's expression is that of horror. Repulsed by Superman's cousin-crush.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Trast posted:

Don't forget, within recent memory by that point there was a POTUS married to his second cousin.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Don't forget, within recent memory by that point there was a POTUS married to his second cousin.

That's...really not that weird. A second cousin is barely related to you.

(in fact, there's very little danger of birth defects and the like from marrying your own cousin, the problem is when you get royal families doing it like crazy, and then - welp, you get Charles II of Spain.)

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not a very widely known fact about that POTUS, either. Certainly it hasn't stopped him from becoming a top three contender for Best President.

Though as TFO said, it's not really dangerous as far as genetics go. A little off, maybe, but at that point the separation is plentiful enough.

theflyingorc posted:

That's...really not that weird. A second cousin is barely related to you.

(in fact, there's very little danger of birth defects and the like from marrying your own cousin, the problem is when you get royal families doing it like crazy, and then - welp, you get Charles II of Spain.)

Charles the Hexed is so great, in a completely horrifying way. His Wikipedia article is one of those that just gets worse and worse as you read more of it.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 28, 2014

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

And a rock star married to his first.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Let's just post some more panels before the thread takes a turn into creepy.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Going through old X-Men issues, Xavier really is a huge loving jerk. He's totally taking advantage of the fact that everyone's nice to him because he's in a wheelchair :mad:

Uncanny X-Men #129

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Haha, this is a thing of beauty. The king is just so...

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Drifter posted:

Haha, this is a thing of beauty. The king is just so...

Any given strip of Hark! A Vagrant could fit in this thread. :allears:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
In order to derail the cousin talk have a completely random page from NEXTWAVE Agents of Hate.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Gavok posted:

Nah, Supergirl, who can't go an entire day without punching Superman into another continent.
Surprised it hasn't been posted yet - Red Lanterns #29:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That is a really well engineered rudder.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

goatface posted:

That is a really well engineered rudder.

somethingsomething tactile telekinesis

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Does Superman really have an ominous black Son the back of his cape now?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
She hit him so hard the logo shot out his back?

(I know, not reversed, bla bla COMIC BOOK LOGIC/PHYSICS)

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe it's just me, but the ship looks...backwards? Like the rudder is at the bow end.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

poorlifedecision posted:

Maybe it's just me, but the ship looks...backwards? Like the rudder is at the bow end.

For a second there, I thought you were questioning the construction of the Aeromarine.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trast posted:

Horse.

Friendship Is Magic.

Source, the drug-fueled scribblings of golden age D.C.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Say Nothing posted:

Source, the drug-fueled scribblings of golden age D.C.

"I want Superman to bang his cousin."
"No that's inappropriate!"
"Fine, can she make out with a horse?"
"Well I don't see why not...."

Edit: For content, here's something from early in the 4th Edition of Green Lantern, returning Hal Jordan to the costume and immediately leaping straight back into Hal Jordan being... well... Hal Jordan.

:doh:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 29, 2014

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Redeye Flight posted:

Not a very widely known fact about that POTUS, either. Certainly it hasn't stopped him from becoming a top three contender for Best President.

Though as TFO said, it's not really dangerous as far as genetics go. A little off, maybe, but at that point the separation is plentiful enough.

Charles the Hexed is so great, in a completely horrifying way. His Wikipedia article is one of those that just gets worse and worse as you read more of it.

He's like a real-life version of The Messiah from Preacher.

"He officially retired when he had a nervous breakdown caused by the amount of pressure put on him to try to pull Spain out of the economic trouble it was going through. He lived a simple life from then on, playing games and other activities."

We've found the missing link, gentleman. Primus Goonius.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hakkesshu posted:

Going through old X-Men issues, Xavier really is a huge loving jerk. He's totally taking advantage of the fact that everyone's nice to him because he's in a wheelchair :mad:

Uncanny X-Men #129

This is a lot funnier if you read Xavier's lines in Patrick Stewart's "Bullock" voice from American Dad.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hakkesshu posted:

Going through old X-Men issues, Xavier really is a huge loving jerk.
And a huge loving pervert with a wheelchair boner for Jean Grey.
Teenage Jean Grey.

X-Men #3.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Do the owners and/or people on the the ship get a say in this?

Also, wouldn't her fists be a lot stronger than the hull of that thing?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

MikeJF posted:

Do the owners and/or people on the the ship get a say in this?

Also, wouldn't her fists be a lot stronger than the hull of that thing?
The answer to both questions is "she's all hopped up on rage juice".

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

The answer to both questions is "she's all hopped up on rage juice".

I can only assume that the next issue involved her prosecution as well as the civil suit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Perhaps the captain and the crew decide to simply accept that they helped hit superman really hard.

"As said on the report, sir, we were in the middle of scheduled maintenance when the female kryptonian lifted our ship and changed our course directly across Superman's face until we fell back to the ocean. And if I may, that was kickingrad."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The bossest city in all of Russia

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Going through old X-Men issues, Xavier really is a huge loving jerk.

I think you mean

(X-men 168, obviously).

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Hakkesshu posted:

Uncanny X-Men #129

I would just like to point out that these "potentially quite powerful" mutants Cerebro has detected are Kitty Pryde and Dazzler.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Stay away from that kid in the red hoodie, Barbara. He gives me the creeps."

:doh: I cannot believe it took me this long to figure out why he was wearing that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I would just like to point out that these "potentially quite powerful" mutants Cerebro has detected are Kitty Pryde and Dazzler.

And I'm pretty sure the one mentioned in the X-Men #3 panel posted above (who the Professor is worried may present a danger to the team) was somebody pretty naff like Blob or the Vanisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
It's so weird that one of the first major villains the X-Men had wasn't Sabretooth, Mystique, or the Sentinels, but the Blob of all people. And Metal Loaf is correct on that end :psyduck:

• Locked thread