Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I loving love OBW, and would probably quit the game if OBW were removed, unless devs also removed the need for healing altogether by refilling your health to full after every fight.

I would probably use OBW even if healing no longer became necessary because stealing AP is just so much more loving fun than stunlocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Veryslightlymad posted:

I honestly think OBW needs to be removed from the game entirely, and the devs should issue everyone who has her above a certain level 5 bucks and a hand-written apology.

gently caress you, she's the only thing keeping my non-whale rear end competitive. <:mad:>

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verno5x posted:

I should hop over to G.O.O.N. since the alliance that I'm in is small and only myself and another guy play. Would there be room for a friend of mine too if we both buy our spots?

Sure, if you (or anybody else) wants to join the should be no problem. Just make sure to pay it forward and open a slot for the next guy.

Right now we have twelve slots so the next one is going to be 1300 HP.

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE

trucutru posted:

Sure, if you (or anybody else) wants to join the should be no problem. Just make sure to pay it forward and open a slot for the next guy.

Right now we have twelve slots so the next one is going to be 1300 HP.

I'm going to pay for both slots. I'll apply to join now and then open up 2 slots. Just so you know my name is Verno and his is naeblis3480

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm #1 in my Simulator bracket right now and the guy right behind me only has the IM35, StormC and Modern Widow. I have no idea how the heck he's keeping up with me in points(I have a single Black Panther that got me a ton of points), especially since his characters are all at 35. Am I missing something here?

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Are the Android/Ios accounts the same? (If I get rid of my iphone will I be able to use my account on android?) Because if not, gently caress starting over.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I believe you're connected / saves are synced through Facebook, so you can just log-in to your FB account from your new phone, and be able to continue where you left off, regardless of whether you're using Android of iOS.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Mister Macys posted:

gently caress you, she's the only thing keeping my non-whale rear end competitive. <:mad:>

That's why I'm aiming for 75 in the simulator. Sorry, Pizza Dog.

Speaking of which, I assume that OBW best loadout is 3 purple and the rest maxed, isn't it?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Fat Samurai posted:

That's why I'm aiming for 75 in the simulator. Sorry, Pizza Dog.

Speaking of which, I assume that OBW best loadout is 3 purple and the rest maxed, isn't it?

Or course it is as mine is 5/1/1 currently!

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I'm keeping myself in the triple OBW cover range as well. Poor Pizza Dogs scores are suffering :(

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
This game has made me hate Black Widow in general.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Kjermzs posted:

I'm keeping myself in the triple OBW cover range as well. Poor Pizza Dogs scores are suffering :(

Well, at least I know who to blame :argh:

Seriously, though, it's likely to be a difference of 25 hero points, I think most of us will survive missing that. If they keep alliance events coming regularly it won't take long for Pizza Dog to make me back the hero points I spent on a slot anyway, and that's ignoring all the extra covers it gets me.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Sefer posted:

Well, at least I know who to blame :argh:

Seriously, though, it's likely to be a difference of 25 hero points, I think most of us will survive missing that. If they keep alliance events coming regularly it won't take long for Pizza Dog to make me back the hero points I spent on a slot anyway, and that's ignoring all the extra covers it gets me.

I'm busting my rear end in this Thor tourney though! C'mon Pizza Dog! We need our Patch covers! We are in the 70s now, not sure if we will make it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verno5x posted:

I'm going to pay for both slots. I'll apply to join now and then open up 2 slots. Just so you know my name is Verno and his is naeblis3480

Added and promoted you. Feel free to add your friend when he's ready.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Somehow I went from the mid 40s to the mid twenties on the power of OBW and M. Storm's defense. :stare:
Considering it's the Death By a Thousand Cuts because only Storm does any damage, I'm rather surprised.
I was aiming for Ares, but I may get a Patch out of this.

Theorycrafting: Out of curiosity, can fellow alliance members encounter each other's teams?
If not, do you think deliberately using a tank team to boost fellow Goons (when encountered) in other alliances can work?
I imagine it would lower your MMR (a bit) while giving one's fellows a small boost.

Yes I imagine the effort probably isn't worth it, but when you're sitting on the can with nothing better to do...

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 28, 2014

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Kjermzs posted:

I'm busting my rear end in this Thor tourney though! C'mon Pizza Dog! We need our Patch covers! We are in the 70s now, not sure if we will make it.

At least you're in an alliance that has a shot at it. It'll be a minor miracle if mine squeaks by in the lowest 50hp reward tier. And we ain't getting poo poo from the simulator.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Joshlemagne posted:

At least you're in an alliance that has a shot at it. It'll be a minor miracle if mine squeaks by in the lowest 50hp reward tier. And we ain't getting poo poo from the simulator.
I'm in a 5 person alliance and we're all but guaranteed to at least get 50HP from the Thor thing (at the 1682nd spot with 686 points total). It really shouldn't be that hard. It's probably absolutely impossible for us to crack the top 500 or even 1000 though, there's just too many points to get for only 5 people.
Although I agree for the Simulator, that one has more narrow reward ranges and really needs everyone to have the specific featured heroes and farm their asses off for points.

Speaking of which, Super Goons get to work, cause I have a third of all the alliance's points right now.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

My team of one cover thor, 63 draken and 85 ares netted me over 100 points last night in the thor tourney. I think Ive personally won about 100 points worth of matches and now sit at 392 points. I am going to try and save up gold and buy a slot in the alliance barring unforeseen covers needing a roster slot so maybe we can push the low effort crew into the top reward ranges.

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE

trucutru posted:

Added and promoted you. Feel free to add your friend when he's ready.

Thanks. I just opened up 2 slots. Please save one of them for naeblis3480. He hasn't applied yet but I'll try and catch him and approve when he does.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verno5x posted:

Thanks. I just opened up 2 slots. Please save one of them for naeblis3480. He hasn't applied yet but I'll try and catch him and approve when he does.

Sure. Will do so.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Just heard Patch Wolverine for the first time. He sounds really out of breath for some reason? Like, all the little voice clips and sound bytes and so on have been pretty appropriate or just not very noticeable (it's easy to filter out stuff that keeps repeating over and over). But that one grunt just stood out as really weird for me.

I finally understand why people hype Spiderman so much. I just redid the first Simulator missions, figuring I'd steamroll through it like I did the first time. Then I let him match too much blue by accident and had to face the unholy fury of neverending stuns, heals, and the absolutely ridiculous defense tile that IW eventually dropped. And the board was nigh unmovable by the end. Luckily I managed to get through with abilities, but still, that was a surprisingly competent team.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

HGH posted:

Just heard Patch Wolverine for the first time. He sounds really out of breath for some reason? Like, all the little voice clips and sound bytes and so on have been pretty appropriate or just not very noticeable (it's easy to filter out stuff that keeps repeating over and over). But that one grunt just stood out as really weird for me.

The barking one? That's my favorite sound effect in the game.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

HGH posted:

I finally understand why people hype Spiderman so much. I just redid the first Simulator missions, figuring I'd steamroll through it like I did the first time. Then I let him match too much blue by accident and had to face the unholy fury of neverending stuns, heals, and the absolutely ridiculous defense tile that IW eventually dropped. And the board was nigh unmovable by the end. Luckily I managed to get through with abilities, but still, that was a surprisingly competent team.

Yeah, I actually had a 5 blue/1 yellow Spider-man for a while but only got him up to survivable levels a couple of weeks ago (I tend to throw all my ISO at anyone who is boosted a lot in the current event, so other characters end up waiting to be useful), but since then I've taken him with me in any fight that isn't against another Spider-man. Usually the last half of every fight is me keeping one or two enemies stunlocked while I hunt for enough yellow ISO to heal everyone/enough of whatever my damage dealer needs to kill everyone so I finish each fight at full. If something goes wrong and I'm not at or near full, I can go stunlock the level 115 Ragnarok and heal up easily enough. I used to use Black Widow for healing, but Spider-man has worked much better for me.

He's now my highest level hero (only one about 85), and I'm going to need to start leveling some other 3 stars so that I have people that can tank for him...

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Turns out that OBW-Hood-Thor is a bad team for defense.

Good team for defense based off what you last used in a PVE battle? Thor-Ares-Black Panther.

Huh.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

HGH posted:

I'm in a 5 person alliance and we're all but guaranteed to at least get 50HP from the Thor thing (at the 1682nd spot with 686 points total). It really shouldn't be that hard. It's probably absolutely impossible for us to crack the top 500 or even 1000 though, there's just too many points to get for only 5 people.
Although I agree for the Simulator, that one has more narrow reward ranges and really needs everyone to have the specific featured heroes and farm their asses off for points.

When I posted that we were about 100 ranks above the cut-off for 50hp. Which is uncomfortably close. Now it's a bit more comfortable a margin. But I still have over half my team's points in the event. And my team's poo poo. It's different in the simulator because I haven't had any of the featured covers except one, and there's nothing I can do about that. I just don't want to hear someone in a superalliance complaining about how they'll just barely make top 50 when some of us are grinding away in the salt mines for fairly minor rewards here.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Joining G.O.O.N. as PainTrainWT will pay for a new slot.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

I've been trying to get back into my slot in G.O.O.N. since I accidentally disconnected and I keep getting this message:

Anyone know what's wrong?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

:allears:

He is like a better Juggernaut. Ares and OBW are leading me to more Patch covers in the Thor tournament.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Is there room in a tryhard crew? I play every day.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

John Mirra posted:

I've been trying to get back into my slot in G.O.O.N. since I accidentally disconnected and I keep getting this message:

I know when you leave an alliance they don't let you back in right away (someone said they could re-enter like half an hour later); if it's not that I have no idea.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It had to happen eventually. I was so close to staying in the top, but now Lazy Thor's the last required character, and I don't have him.
At least I got my Patch!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

John Mirra posted:

That seems pretty weird. Have you tried asking support? They seem to be somewhat quick to answer.

During the Thor tourney I finally felt what it feels to have a good team in this game. LazyThor/Punisher/OBW, with LazyThor being lvl 110 and boosted to who knows what a single storm would wipe complete teams (after being tenderized while accumulating the green) and pretty much nobody dared attack me. I got 500 points, didn't play for twelve hours and came back to 420 points, so I just climbed the ladder pretty quickly in the last hour and shielded. Tried to do some of the PvP event but I haven't had much time to play so even with all the rubberbanding I didn't do that well. Well, it's not like I ever get something good out of those tokens anyways.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
How's tech support with these guys? I dropped $5 towards a few more hero slots and the game crashed right as the purchase processed; my GP account was charged but I never got the hero points, so I emailed them.

Here's to hoping it doesn't take long. The worst thing I'll lose is a Daken cover that expires in 3 hours.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Hogama posted:

It had to happen eventually. I was so close to staying in the top, but now Lazy Thor's the last required character, and I don't have him.
At least I got my Patch!

Same here. After all that effort I'm kinda disappointed that he's the last optional mission character, especially since I've seen almost no event drop him. At least I got #1 in my bracket. Green Wolverine, Red Ares and 2 Psyloches. I'll consider that a win.

How do you build Ares anyway? I've yet to get his Green and am 0/4/2 right now.

Also, how exactly does this random dinosaur at the end of the Simulator qualify as a super-hero and where can I get it.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
4 2-star covers overall for me. Bullseye, Hawkeye, Black Panther yellow, and a second Ares to go with the one given as a prize, green and red. Was really hoping for a Psyloke. loving archers...

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
New upcoming characters have been announced.

quote:

We're celebrating the milestone of 2 million downloads across all Marvel Puzzle Quest devices this weekend! To celebrate, we've released a bit of info on upcoming characters and Events, as well as having a sale on Hero Points and Iso-8 this weekend only.

New characters coming:
- Human Torch (Classic): The second of the Fantastic 4 to come to Marvel Puzzle Quest brings with him awesome flame based powers. Fireballs that deal damage and break up the board, Infernos that amp up the attack abilities of his allies, and Flame Jets that deal damage over time but sap the AP of the team are all abilities that will change the face of combats he's involved in.
- Daken (Classic): This version of Daken is a new Gold character that utilizes tweaked versions of his current abilities to wreak more havoc on the battlefield. Increased healing and deadlier Strike tiles are among the tools that Daken (Classic) will bring to the table.
New Events:
- The next Episode is coming soon! New storylines and characters are coming to the Marvel Puzzle Quest Universe.
Currency Sale:
Hero Points
1.99 pack – no increase
4.99 pack – 10% increase
19.99 packs – 15% increase
49.99 and 99.99 – 20% increase
Iso-8
1.99 pack – no increase
4.99 pack – 25% increase
19.99 packs – 40% increase
49.99 and 99.99 – 50% increase

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Daken Classic? Ahahaha, I really do hope they tweak him *a lot* or there goes the game.

Currency sale: Everything is still loving, ridiculously expensive.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 29, 2014

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Trying to join G.O.O.N. as moaiou. drat this game is addicting.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

ElectricSheep posted:

How's tech support with these guys? I dropped $5 towards a few more hero slots and the game crashed right as the purchase processed; my GP account was charged but I never got the hero points, so I emailed them.

Here's to hoping it doesn't take long. The worst thing I'll lose is a Daken cover that expires in 3 hours.

Back during, I think, a Black Panther tournament, it took over an hour to get my rewards. I hadn't noticed it happen before, so I e-mailed them, and then let them know when I did get it. 22 days later they responded to my e-mail.

I really hope they're faster to respond to actual issues.

HGH posted:

How do you build Ares anyway? I've yet to get his Green and am 0/4/2 right now.
I think 5 yellow and 4 in the others is the normal way to go. 5 yellow gets the countdown on him healing himself to something useful and the 5th green only brings the minimum to use it to 5 AP instead of 6, which is rarely useful.

Sefer fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Moai Ou posted:

Trying to join G.O.O.N. as moaiou. drat this game is addicting.

Right now the slot we have available is actually John Mirra's spot, since he somehow got kicked out of the alliance. Do you have enough HP to buy a new slot? It should be around 1,500.

ElectricSheep posted:

When they changed the all-color boost to be 100HP instead of 200iso I mistakenly bought one. I mailed tech support and had my HP back in a few hours.