Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bathroom sounds posted:

How does one become a competitive rower exactly?
It seems like such an obscure thing to find yourself Elite At.

around here its usually

1) Come from money
2) Go to Boston University
3) Charles River ahoy

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

I'm Crap posted:

lole. That happened to my man Bjorn too, the nurses saw his gigantic pumpkin sized head and started taking him away until his mother screeched "no he doesn't have hydrocephalus you stupid snatches, that's what all the men look like in our family!"

His head is outrageously gigantic though. Like a beachball with a tiny face stuck to the front

Ha. My very tall brother looks like Khal Drogo from GoT, except skinny-fat. My 6'3" brother looks like a Slavic Ryan Gosling. I think I'm somewhere in the middle. Genes are interesting.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

bathroom sounds posted:

You just don't get frustrated and quit. That's like 95% of it right there. The super elite are genetic freaks but the rest of us just keep going even when it hurts and sometimes we get lucky and the former national team members don't show up the master's nationals and we get gold. It's actually a good sport for adults to take up as it's a relatively small and obscure sport so the competition is really variable.

Edit:

Fetus Tree posted:

around here its usually

1) Come from money
2) Go to Boston University
3) Charles River ahoy

That helps too. In my boat that year, the two women to the right almost made the national team as a light weight double and all the rest of us rowed in college, I think four of them at the Ivy leagues (not me, I learned to row in Texas).

With Title Nine, women's rowing has gotten huge as it's an easy way for colleges to throw money at a women's sport. Men's rowing has really suffered tho' and that's kinda sad.

Tora! Tora! Tora! fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 29, 2014

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

bathroom sounds posted:

It was the big sports thing at the girls school I went to. We did have a handy lake at Westlake though.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
i'll be honest everything i know about competitive rowing i learned from those twins in The Social Network

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

bathroom sounds posted:

i'll be honest everything i know about competitive rowing i learned from those twins in The Social Network

They're legit built IRL:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
idk looks like they skipped leg day to me

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

Crow Jane posted:

Ha. My very tall brother looks like Khal Drogo from GoT, except skinny-fat. My 6'3" brother looks like a Slavic Ryan Gosling. I think I'm somewhere in the middle. Genes are interesting.

do u got nudes of ur bros u can share

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

bathroom sounds posted:

idk looks like they skipped leg day to me

Eh, they've got naturally skinny legs but there's muscle there. Rowing is really 80% legs and most rowers are longer legged but not chunky muscle types.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

I'm Crap posted:

lole. That happened to my man Bjorn too, the nurses saw his gigantic pumpkin sized head and started taking him away until his mother screeched "no he doesn't have hydrocephalus you stupid snatches, that's what all the men look like in our family!"

His head is outrageously gigantic though. Like a beachball with a tiny face stuck to the front

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-OCjvbV2Z4

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Crow Jane posted:

Anything for someone who might give me product hints :)

Earlier today:

And it's only expanded since:

gah your hair owns. OWNS. Even all humididideded up, it owns. Mine is just wavy, I have to put in a buttload of effort to just get 'meh.' I'd rather put in a buttload of effort and get curls

Crow Jane posted:

It would own to be 6'5" without heels

hahaha I am 5'7.5" in five-inch platforms. You're like, all the things I'm generally vaguely jealous of, rolled into one person

Were you wanting any product hints, or just currying favor for the future?

I got my little birthday freebie from Sephora today :toot:
It's a mascara that I already know I don't like, but hooray free tiny thing to sell/give away. And a lipstick that's in an everyday shade for me, the formula of which I like. I'd really like endless mini Sugar Fresh Lip Treatments because the full-sized ones are goddamn $22.50 for something I use up in three weeks, but this was a nice alternative

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Fabulist posted:

gah your hair owns. OWNS. Even all humididideded up, it owns. Mine is just wavy, I have to put in a buttload of effort to just get 'meh.' I'd rather put in a buttload of effort and get curls

hahaha I am 5'7.5" in five-inch platforms. You're like, all the things I'm generally vaguely jealous of, rolled into one person

Were you wanting any product hints, or just currying favor for the future?

Thank you :h:. I would honestly love product advice, though... do you know of any product that would keep my bangs straight in 95% humidity? I don't mind if the rest of my head resembles a mushroom, I can't stand it when my bangs are curly. And what are your thoughts on bronzer? I've never used it and I feel like I should.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'm 8 feet tall and full of piss and vinegar

Loud Mouse
Dec 19, 2008

MY WILL IS THE CHEESE CLUB
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN CHEESE

amarantinesky posted:

I found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=886UjnEd_1M

it's apparently from the hangover 3

That makes so much sense.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Best Tasting! posted:

Welp, apologies to Meis and amarantine and dongicus and others. Welcome to the unending circus that is my life.

Go team infected

i honestly don't know what you are apologising for, it was all fun times~

Crow Jane posted:

Five eleven.

This is my height also. I'm not even that tall. Just a little bit.

Nessa posted:

Hey Pick! Or anyone else attending ECCC this weekend!

If you see a guy in a black cowboy hat, it is probably my friend Dan. I don't know how many cowboy hats you'd see in Seattle. Ask if his name is Dan and tell him he has a cute dog.

Her name is Hobbes.

She is my favourite dog.

:h:!!

And thanks everyone who played L4D2 with me, it was super fun!

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Highlights from our L4D2 game:
Weird faces:

Weird chats:

Tora! Tora! Tora! posted:

I agree with bathroom sounds.

Fake edit:

I am in this pic (chunky albino legs). I am 5'6".

Are you also the person in this picture who's seen the tape from The Ring recently?

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 3, 2014

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

the first harry potter movie is on

they're tiny children

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 3, 2014

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
I'm aatrek

also crow Jane is UGLY :twisted:

(I hope my neg is strong enough)

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Crow Jane posted:

Thank you :h:. I would honestly love product advice, though... do you know of any product that would keep my bangs straight in 95% humidity? I don't mind if the rest of my head resembles a mushroom, I can't stand it when my bangs are curly. And what are your thoughts on bronzer? I've never used it and I feel like I should.

Your best bet is a pomade or paste that is applied while hair is wet, and then dries with your hair, either air-dry or heat, and holds the shape it dried in.
I've personally had amazing results using Redken's 06 Rewind Pliable Styling Paste for the exact same thing. I like my bangs and a bit of the longer fringe on each side to be straight, and then the rest can do whatever (or I'm trying to get it to curl more). My favorite thing about it is, when it's sitting there drying, it feels a bit weird, but once I run a brush through my bangs, it just feels like hair. I love hair product that doesn't feel like product. Ebay has it much cheaper than salons and Walmart and where-ever, unless you want to get a tiny mini size, in which case salons have those for like five, six bucks. I always have a mini in my purse, since I use it to fluff up my hair when it's super-flat, and tame frizz. It also lasts for freaking ever, I've only been using it regularly for about two months, but in those two months, the goo-level has juuust gone down a barely perceptible amount. It's also useful for getting hair to lay a certain way, I'm trying to train the top back hair to stop loving middle parting already and go backwards instead. A little bit of that stuff, applied while hair is drying, keeps it from trying to part for like 48 hours.

If you dislike Redken or that's too pricey for you, I'd go to Wal-mart or a drugstore, and find a tub of goo with 'mega' or 'ultra' in front of 'hold.'

GNU Order posted:

I'm 8 feet tall and full of piss and vinegar

gross

my limit is 6'7". Or 6'8". I'm not sure. Beyond that, poo poo just gets comical

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Dongicus posted:

I'm aatrek

also crow Jane is UGLY :twisted:

(I hope my neg is strong enough)
Shoot her in the face. Gunwitch method: The ultimate neg-hit.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
other goon is good looking too

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Sabel posted:

Shoot her in the face. Gunwitch method: The ultimate neg-hit.

Lots of face shooting going on tonight :twisted:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
i took a picture of a thing that is not my cat.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

toe knee hand posted:

Oooh! It is lovely! (and will not puke on your floor.)

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

toe knee hand posted:

double rainbow :eyepop:

Loud Mouse
Dec 19, 2008

Fabulist posted:

gross

I'm only 5'. For some reason I always end up with really tall guys. I once dated a guy who was 6'9". We broke up the first time we had sex. It was just really really awkward and terrible. My face didn't even come all the way up to his pecks, and it was literally impossible to make out.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Fabulist posted:

Your best bet is a pomade or paste that is applied while hair is wet, and then dries with your hair, either air-dry or heat, and holds the shape it dried in.
I've personally had amazing results using Redken's 06 Rewind Pliable Styling Paste for the exact same thing. I like my bangs and a bit of the longer fringe on each side to be straight, and then the rest can do whatever (or I'm trying to get it to curl more). My favorite thing about it is, when it's sitting there drying, it feels a bit weird, but once I run a brush through my bangs, it just feels like hair. I love hair product that doesn't feel like product. Ebay has it much cheaper than salons and Walmart and where-ever, unless you want to get a tiny mini size, in which case salons have those for like five, six bucks. I always have a mini in my purse, since I use it to fluff up my hair when it's super-flat, and tame frizz. It also lasts for freaking ever, I've only been using it regularly for about two months, but in those two months, the goo-level has juuust gone down a barely perceptible amount. It's also useful for getting hair to lay a certain way, I'm trying to train the top back hair to stop loving middle parting already and go backwards instead. A little bit of that stuff, applied while hair is drying, keeps it from trying to part for like 48 hours.

If you dislike Redken or that's too pricey for you, I'd go to Wal-mart or a drugstore, and find a tub of goo with 'mega' or 'ultra' in front of 'hold.'

gross

You are the best. Judging by the ingredients list, the pomade my boyfriend uses is nearly identical... I'm so gonna give it a go this weekend.

You know, you really are the best. If you're interested, I have access to a bunch of "ethnic" hair and beauty places, if there's anything you're interested in, I'd be happy to send it your way if I can find it

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Best Tasting! posted:

it was also a full semi-circle briefly. very pretty.

poopkitty posted:

Oooh! It is lovely! (and will not puke on your floor.)

neither does my cat because he is the best cat ever.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Loud Mouse posted:

I'm only 5'. For some reason I always end up with really tall guys. I once dated a guy who was 6'9". We broke up the first time we had sex. It was just really really awkward and terrible. My face didn't even come all the way up to his pecks, and it was literally impossible to make out.

yea i'm 5'8" and my range is basically 5'6" to 6"2.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Loud Mouse posted:

I dated a 5'0" chick for a few months at 6'4" and we thought the height difference worked out pretty well in bed, those five extra inches must be critical somehow

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Hobbes goes everywhere with Dan that she is allowed., but she tires out easily, so she is often sleeping on the floor or under a bunch of blankets in his car.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Best Tasting! posted:

so bright so vivid

so intense

Loud Mouse
Dec 19, 2008

Torka posted:

I dated a 5'0" chick for a few months at 6'4" and we thought the height difference worked out pretty well in bed, those five extra inches must be critical somehow

Yeah, 6'4"-6'6" is generally my max. Although I've dated a few guys under 6' in the last few years.

Someday I would like to be able to have sex standing up without needing props. It will never happen though because that means the guy would need to be comically short too, which is just weird.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I forgot there was a centaur in the first HP movie

dude's not wearing anything at all. awkwaaard

e:

Portals fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 29, 2014

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Torka posted:

I very briefly dated a dude who was 6'8". He was kinda lame, but making out with him was interesting because it made me feel like a normal-sized girl

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
oh whoops forgot about bronzer

bronzer to look more tan is lol to me, because... your body will still be pale. It is useful as a contouring thing, though, and a verrrrrrrrrry small amount can be useful for extremely pale areas. Example, in the dead of winter, when my bangs aren't covering my forehead, I take a tiny amount of bronzer and buff it out over my forehead, because even with foundation, my forehead is just like "HEY LOOK HOW loving PALE I AM." Contouring is a legit awesome thing, it can be done lightly, you don't have to go to this level:

I have a round face, and with a little bit of bronzer and highlighter, I can make it look less round from most angles, which is a Pretty Cool Thing. Also cool is literally any brown/brownish pink powder (or cream) will work, although the purpose-made ones are easier to work with.

Cheapies
ELF, $3
ELF dupe for NARS Orgasm/Laguna, $3
ELF stuff is available at all the Targets
NYX Sunkissed, $9 (cheaper at Ulta and drugstores)
Big drat NYX bronzer, $9 (cheaper at Ulta and drugstores)
NYX, five different bronzer/bronzer&blush/bronzer&blush&highlighter compacts $9 (cheaper at Ulta and drugstores)
NYX, five more blush/bronzer duos, $9 (Ulta blah blah)

Pricey
Urban Decay Naked Flushed, $30

actual contouring kits
Coastal Scents six-pan contour & blush, $14.95
Coastal Scents 15-pan conceal & contour, $14.95
IT Cosmetics, $36
Too Faced Bronzed and Beautiful, $21 This one owns because it comes with little helpful cards, telling you what to apply where

I have some form of cosmetics knowledge bulimia, if you poke the right spot in my brain, I barf up cosmetic knowledge & recommendations

Crow Jane posted:

You are the best. Judging by the ingredients list, the pomade my boyfriend uses is nearly identical... I'm so gonna give it a go this weekend.

You know, you really are the best. If you're interested, I have access to a bunch of "ethnic" hair and beauty places, if there's anything you're interested in, I'd be happy to send it your way if I can find it

That's a good idea, the pomade will give you an idea of what you want if it doesn't work out (or smells too dude-ish). I wish nothing but the straightest of bangs for you.

Loud Mouse posted:

Normally my limit is much shorter but I make exceptions for personality

Edit: gently caress I'm a derp. CJ, I super appreciate the offer. I have good access to those sort of places as well, but I'll keep that in mind, since stuff tends to be regional.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

i think im up too late

• Locked thread