Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

be sure to put a billion unnecessary divs and tables and lists
we've been told to use absolutely no tables ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Avshalom posted:

this happened to me once but it was a whole chicken and it was in the oven for six hours without cooking. the oven was on and operating normally. nobody has ever been able to figure out how it happened

The heat-seeking oven gnome has traveled a great distance. His journey was long and wearying, but he is now home. In my oven.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Corn Thongs posted:

Is Betty who famous in Australia? I have become such a fan

Betty who?

jk I googled her but I still have no idea. I'm going to say Probably Not but I'm old and probably out of the loop - I only found out about One Direction when I was on teaching rounds and met some 13 year old girls.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Avshalom posted:

this happened to me once but it was a whole chicken and it was in the oven for six hours without cooking. the oven was on and operating normally. nobody has ever been able to figure out how it happened

You're supposed to thaw it first.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Pessimism posted:

You're supposed to thaw it first.
don't you give me your sass

i've corrected the links on my website and added hegel's munching horse because content is very important to me

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Avshalom posted:

carmelo is the main character of :siren:my novel:siren:, terrible things happen to and around him and most of them aren't his fault but his attempts to fix the situation never work out

Sounds like Candide!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Tempus Fugit posted:

Sounds like Candide!

As an insufferably pretentious high-schooler, I screenprinted one of the tacky but awesome illustrations from my copy of Candide onto canvas, which I sewed onto my coat next to the Beardsley patch I had made. I also don't think a day went by that I didn't quote Oscar Wilde

It was a dark time in my life

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Avshalom posted:

gently caress the police

Put tables in tables

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
you can use tables when you want to, like, present a table of stats of some poo poo. no tables for layout.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Avshalom posted:

Also change give the monkey marquee tag the attribute behavior="alternate" so it bounces back and forth

Unless that is your artistic goal

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I took a nap but I think it was more of a sleep since it was six hours long

Wildlife Analysis posted:

Programming is one of the best jobs to get if you hate your life and wish to die.
from what I can tell, this is very true

Crow Jane posted:

My life goal is to keep on keepin' on
yeah

Women's Rights? posted:

why do you people have copies of twilight immediately on hand so that you can post quotes from the books aaaaaah it's like i don't even know you anymore
I own a copy of the first book but I only have it because I didn't know how bad it was at the time. it's the first book I was unable to complete in my life because it was so bad

Shannonmcn posted:

All cats go to Valhalla.
yeah

Obligatory Toast posted:

The twilight vamps are super goddamn confusing because apparently APPARENTLY when you become a vamp you get an extra chromosome - which, as i understand it, humans don't deal with very well.
this is BULLSHIT and DUMB
it is a work of beauty (breadbasket tittywinkles)
gonna follow you on tumblr like a weirdo

Avshalom posted:

put pictures of tables

Portals fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 1, 2014

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

As an insufferably pretentious high-schooler, I screenprinted one of the tacky but awesome illustrations from my copy of Candide onto canvas, which I sewed onto my coat next to the Beardsley patch I had made. I also don't think a day went by that I didn't quote Oscar Wilde

It was a dark time in my life

We've all been there, trust me.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
enhance that cute cat

prudence you wide eyed furbag

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Portals posted:

it is a work of beauty (breadbasket tittywinkles)
gonna follow you on tumblr like a weirdo
gonna follow you right back :getin:

i don't think i actually post anything on tumblr that i don't post here. you can laugh at me when i make huge effortposts about my depression and then delete them five minutes later because i remembered that some of my uni friends read my blog. also a whole bunch of obnoxious references to my ~original characters~ that you won't get because my mother made me promise to never let anyone read the novel in its entirety until it's published

Loud Mouse
Dec 19, 2008

MY WILL IS THE CHEESE CLUB
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN CHEESE

Fetus Tree posted:

enhance that cute cat

This cat makes me so happy!

Also, it is comcast watchathon week, which means that I should be getting ready for my class that starts tomorrow, but instead I am watching Game of Thrones.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
vanya gives me this look when he wants to go outside

then as soon as he's outside, he turns around and gives me the exact same look until i let him back in

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

i don't think i actually post anything on tumblr that i don't post here. you can laugh at me when i make huge effortposts about my depression and then delete them five minutes later because i remembered that some of my uni friends read my blog. also a whole bunch of obnoxious references to my ~original characters~ that you won't get because my mother made me promise to never let anyone read the novel in its entirety until it's published

I basically don't post anything on mine, I will just be a silent presence

my tumblr is a testament to my failure to follow my hope of drawing more frequently

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Fetus Tree posted:

enhance that cute cat

boop that nose.

boop iiiiit

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I'm awake now

Hi

Loud Mouse
Dec 19, 2008

MY WILL IS THE CHEESE CLUB
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN CHEESE

Avshalom posted:

vanya gives me this look when he wants to go outside

then as soon as he's outside, he turns around and gives me the exact same look until i let him back in

I just don't let my cat outside and avoid the problem altogether.

Although my cat does act similarly when it comes to going the bathroom, which means that whether he ends up in the bathroom or out, he yowls the whole time. Extra frustrating once you sit down and can't get back up until you're finished.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Portals posted:

I basically don't post anything on mine, I will just be a silent presence

my tumblr is a testament to my failure to follow my hope of drawing more frequently

i have a tumblr account for the purpose of following some people who post cool hockey gifs

i do not contribute

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
vanya claims to be a dog but i have my doubts

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i'm gonna record a let's play now and am drinking coffee from a can

where did i go wrong

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Putty posted:

i'm gonna record a let's play now and am drinking coffee from a can

where did i go wrong

when you started to play video games

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm drinking coffee from a mug and trying to move my boobs independently of each other

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Avshalom posted:

i'm drinking coffee from a mug and trying to move my boobs independently of each other

and that is why you are an objectively better person than putty

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i thought i'd achieved something but it was only my abs twitching and moving my boobs passively like tectonic plates and mighty mountains

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

toe knee hand posted:

when you started to play video games

you think you're tough, toe knee hand? do ya, do ya?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXWiG2B4zk

see how long you can watch this videogame video without vomiting

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
i've been drinking iced coffee recently. cold brew. basically you stick coffee and cold water in a jar in the fridge for a day and then you strain it and drink it. it's good. can drink it over ice with or without milk or add chocolate syrup and blend it to get something frappucino-like. tasty.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Obligatory Toast posted:

The twilight vamps are super goddamn confusing because apparently APPARENTLY when you become a vamp you get an extra chromosome - which, as i understand it, humans don't deal with very well.

isn't an extra chromosome what down's syndrome is

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Torka posted:

isn't an extra chromosome what down's syndrome is

that was the joke dongicus or someone made like 2-3 pages ago when he quoted this post and said "oh that explains everything"

you're a little late

e: it was jetsetlemming. that explains everything.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

i thought i'd achieved something but it was only my abs twitching and moving my boobs passively like tectonic plates and mighty mountains

this is how you move your boobs, there is no other way because boobmuscles aren't a thing

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

toe knee hand posted:

that was the joke dongicus or someone made like 2-3 pages ago when he quoted this post and said "oh that explains everything"

you're a little late

lol if you think I'm smart enough to make that joke

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

toe knee hand posted:

you're a little late

I wasn't making a joke :(

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Dongicus posted:

lol if you think I'm smart enough to make that joke

yea it was jetsetlemming

sorry

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Portals posted:

this is how you move your boobs, there is no other way because boobmuscles aren't a thing

well-developed pecs can move boobs when flexed

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Avshalom posted:

I have a bunch of ~original characters~ too, lets trade notes some time. Also I should probably finish the stories that they live in. They must be sad to live in incomplete stories. If I don't finish they'll become my headmates and yell at me to make a tumblr and post about getting triggered by cats or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Fetus Tree posted:

enhance that cute cat

Hmm. Have you ever tried holding beer with your feet?

• Locked thread