Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

orcane posted:

retainer level is capped at 5 below a job that's not level 50, you probably want a class you're already levelling to 50 and have gear for it.

So THAT'S why my retainer has been stuck at Marauder 1 this whole time. :( Wish I'd have known that.

I haven't noticed any lag whatsoever. Am I special?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Killsion posted:

I'm thinking it may indeed be a new class or job, thief or something along those lines indeed, however I don't think it'll be a job you could theoretically start the game with.

They've got a whole guild-hall for pistol-users sitting unused in Limsa right now, so I don't see why those couldn't be the main weapon for a new base class.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wouldn't be surprised if ninja was a DPS job for gladiators, since gladiators already use daggers and swords, and Thancred is technically a gladiator (even though he calls himself a bard). Wouldn't have to make a new weapon type for them, just give them the ability to equip a sword in the offhand instead of a shield.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 1, 2014

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Dominic White posted:

They've got a whole guild-hall for pistol-users sitting unused in Limsa right now, so I don't see why those couldn't be the main weapon for a new base class.

That would make 0 sense.

Pistol using class has to level to 30 to be able to use daggers? it's pretty obvious (really obvious) that NIN/THF is going to be a new job crystal and the armory system ties that poo poo to a specific weapon type.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Dominic White posted:

It's the wording used. Namely that they would be the ones teaching us. Would make less sense if you already knew it yea?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Oh my god, the Hildibrand questline is absolutely amazing. I am constantly impressed at how SE are able to do great, and in this case hilarious, cutscenes in a MMO engine.

German suplex needs to be like, a level 4 limit break. I lost my poo poo when Godbert pulled one off.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

PunkBoy posted:

German suplex needs to be like, a level 4 limit break. I lost my poo poo when Godbert pulled one off.

Where's the Phantom Train dungeon Yoship?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

PunkBoy posted:

Oh my god, the Hildibrand questline is absolutely amazing. I am constantly impressed at how SE are able to do great, and in this case hilarious, cutscenes in a MMO engine.

Everything about Godbert is amazing. When he walks into the house wearing a suit jacket... and then the camera cuts to a wide shot and you see his short shorts, his incredibly delicate, extremely dramatic hammer taps renovating that vase, doing the Manderville in the background of the last cutscene just because he can... Hildibrand is the #1 thing I'm looking forward to in each update right now.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Opposing Farce posted:

Everything about Godbert is amazing. When he walks into the house wearing a suit jacket... and then the camera cuts to a wide shot and you see his short shorts, his incredibly delicate, extremely dramatic hammer taps renovating that vase, doing the Manderville in the background of the last cutscene just because he can... Hildibrand is the #1 thing I'm looking forward to in each update right now.

Sigh, FINE, you assholes, I'll go loving do the Hildebrand quests already.

(Distract me from grinding all my DoHs, will you? muttermutter)

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Sigh, FINE, you assholes, I'll go loving do the Hildebrand quests already.

(Distract me from grinding all my DoHs, will you? muttermutter)

I'm sure by the time you finish this quest line, you would be thanking everyone from distracting you from the silly drudgery of crafting for this HILARIOUS and extremely well crafted story. Fighting Greg is a treat in itself, and every scene involving Hildibrand is bound to be full of comedy and amusement. Seriously, everyone who hasn't done this quest line, do yourself a favor and finish it. You won't regret a single minute spent. Even if you argue every minute spent on Hildibrand is a minute less spent on Atma farming/Leviathan farming/Coil farming, this is far better use of your time. Take it from someone who got his Atma weapon and have bashed his head against coil for the past couple of days: best part of this patch is Hildibrand, bar none.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
A dozen or so Turn 2s for nothing, tank feet drop on my first turn 1 since the patch. :shepicide:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

jwang posted:

best part of this every patch is Hildibrand, bar none.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

SpazmasterX posted:

A dozen or so Turn 2s for nothing, tank feet drop on my first turn 1 since the patch. :shepicide:

I got the tank ring and pants out of T2 tonight... while playing my White Mage.

.... but no Atmas after 4 hours of grinding. :shepicide:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

A warning to those loving around with their retainers: DON'T change the gear on them if the slot you are changing is completely full in your Armoury Chest. I switched out the weapons of my LNC and PGL and lost (luckily) my carpenter main hand and my culinarian main hand. They got overwritten by the LNC and PGL weapons that were on my retainers. I praise some sort of deity for not losing my Allagan weapon or relic or extreme weapons, but it still frightens the gently caress out of me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ilifinicus posted:

A warning to those loving around with their retainers: DON'T change the gear on them if the slot you are changing is completely full in your Armoury Chest. I switched out the weapons of my LNC and PGL and lost (luckily) my carpenter main hand and my culinarian main hand. They got overwritten by the LNC and PGL weapons that were on my retainers. I praise some sort of deity for not losing my Allagan weapon or relic or extreme weapons, but it still frightens the gently caress out of me.

Can't you buy all that back though?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Volt Catfish posted:

Can't you buy all that back though?
You're telling me I could re-buy my Allagan weapon? Or my relic atma? Without having to re-do the content?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Titan mai husbando :swoon:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Let me date Gaius or I'm cancelling my sub.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Varance posted:

I got the tank ring and pants out of T2 tonight... while playing my White Mage.

.... but no Atmas after 4 hours of grinding. :shepicide:

Spent a total around 4 hours trying to get the moogle axe for glamour. Got two atmas with half an hour between them first attempt.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

ilifinicus posted:

You're telling me I could re-buy my Allagan weapon? Or my relic atma? Without having to re-do the content?

The Calamity Salvager sells a lot of stuff now, including high end gear. Not entirely sure about Allagan or Atma, but you can definitely buy relic zeniths from them.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Crazy Larry posted:

The Calamity Salvager sells a lot of stuff now, including high end gear. Not entirely sure about Allagan or Atma, but you can definitely buy relic zeniths from them.

No, just standard, blank, level 80 relics. No allagan, no atma, nadda.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is there a simple summary of the fresh 50 gear ladder somewhere I can look at? What's the most time efficient path to getting big numbers?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

We had a special guest in Brayflox Hard last night...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sassassin posted:

Is there a simple summary of the fresh 50 gear ladder somewhere I can look at? What's the most time efficient path to getting big numbers?

Unlock crystal tower and run it over and over again. Start doing your relic quest while you wait for the queue to pop.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

Volt Catfish posted:

We had a special guest in Brayflox Hard last night...

What is that gear called, I must have it.

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
can anyone confirm thiS?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

DapperDuck posted:

What is that gear called, I must have it.

It's most likely dyed crafting gear from the 35-50 range, a few sets look like that and come in grey/brown by default.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
It's the gathering set of coatee, bottoms and gaiters.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I got hit with the first landslide in a titan hm(yeah yeah I know) and got 5 commendations. Late night players seem to have a much better sense of humor than primetime ones.

And relics are easy as hell to get now.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

The Chairman posted:

It's the gathering set of coatee, bottoms and gaiters.

Plus the Electrum Monocle and the Patrician's Gloves to complete the look.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki

The Weathered Evenstar Hat was a very satisfying first Soldier Tokens purchase this morning!

SoulChicken fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 1, 2014

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
These atma books suck. I understand going through old dungeons to keep the old content active for new players, but sitting around for a specific fate to spawn is just awful.

I also was having trouble with the levequests. I read somewhere that these can also be the guildleves, but are there any other ways to ensure the leve you need will be available?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Atma complaining, now complaining about having clear goal? Next up, let's complain about having to manually buy gear with soldiery because its not automatically appearing in your inventory when you got enough tomes

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

ilifinicus posted:

let's complain about having to manually buy gear with soldiery because its not automatically appearing in your inventory when you got enough tomes

Well, it is kinda horse poo poo that I have to go all the way to Mor Dhona to buy it...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, I'm sorry, I agree that the Atma grind is really stupid and RNG-screwy, but the Zodiac Brave books are basically the perfect "long but trackable process towards an upgrade with incremental rewards along the way" sort of system.

The only vaguely problematic thing is the myth cost and that's only because of the awful rate of myth gain.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
I'd rather them make Atmas an unreasonable, tangible goal than based completely on random drops.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Even FFXI had poppable NMs. I don't know about Atmas/Zodiac book FATEs, but beastmen in the area should have a chance to drop an item that force-spawns the beastman daily FATEs or the CT unlock FATEs, that sort of thing.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I have no issues with doing Dungeons, I have no issues grinding mobs that only have 3 available at a time, and I have no issues doing levequests. All of these are available whenever I want to go do them, and I was asking for clarification on getting specific leves to show in the list.

However, sitting around for a specific fate is dumb. I have no reason to sit around Outer La Noscea outside of doing Beastman quests, and I don't see the point in sitting there for one fate out of 15+ to spawn for me to clear.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd rather wait for a fate than fight for mobs that only pop 3 at a time. Lets me watch the stuff I have on my DVR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holidae
Feb 25, 2011

Shove 'em up there again, Dennehy! This time I'll try to just solve the reds!
Yoshi-P is sitting in his office right now, reading message boards; scouring twitter hashtags. Waiting for the frustration to build. The perfect moment. 2.3 drops and they announce that Atmas can be purchased for the low price of only $4.99 each.

• Locked thread