Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

He probably won't work out but it's unfair to judge him so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Broncos are a bit thin at OLB. If Von Miller does something stupid one more time I'm pretty sure the Seahawks will poo poo-house them again in Seattle and ESPN will spend an hour on SportsCenter wondering if Peyton is done and should walk the Appalachian Trail while Trent Dilfer smugly points at his ring.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Quarterback, running back, head coach

Depends which Schaub shows up, not until week 3, not our Achilles heel by any means.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blitz7x posted:

The new look Raiders

This is really neat. It would be effort but cool to see for all 32 teams after the draft and everything.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chris Gaines posted:

Broncos are a bit thin at OLB. If Von Miller does something stupid one more time I'm pretty sure the Seahawks will poo poo-house them again in Seattle and ESPN will spend an hour on SportsCenter wondering if Peyton is done and should walk the Appalachian Trail while Trent Dilfer smugly points at his ring.

Get out of my dreams

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That's a cool image but I'd suspect all but the top teams would have noticeably different players on a side of the ball. Turnover is crazy.

Also, I like that Kenny Britt signing. It's fine.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chris Gaines posted:

I'm down for this.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Chris Gaines posted:

Based on those pictures alone the Raiders don't look that...bad? I'm not sure where their gaping holes are though outside their offensive line I believe.
Playing in the same division as Denver, KC and San Diego

Chris Gaines posted:

The odds of a rematch are pretty darn low, even Patriots-Giants was years apart and both times the Giants fell backwards into the postseason

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Quest For Glory II posted:

The odds of a rematch are pretty darn low, even Patriots-Giants was years apart
Hawks/Broncos play each other at Seattle this season.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

The odds of a rematch are pretty darn low, even Patriots-Giants was years apart and both times the Giants fell backwards into the postseason

NFC and AFC West play each other this year. :ssh:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Playing in the same division as Denver, KC and San Diego

The odds of a rematch are pretty darn low, even Patriots-Giants was years apart and both times it was equally as implausible

I'd say the odds of the Broncos playing the Seahawks this year are 100%

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Woops I thought he was referring to the Super Bowl. Especially when he brought up NARRATIVE

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

For fucks sake how many times do I have to point out that the 2007 giants did not back into the playoffs like the 2011 giants did?

The 2007 team at one point won 6 games straight and locked up the #5 seed in week 16, making their final game meaningless. They were better than both Tampa and the redskins that year, also playoff teams. The NFC east sent 3 teams to the playoffs that year (Dallas as the #1 seed too) and the eagles were 8-8. They didn't stumble in via a weak division like 2011.

Yes, they were inferior to GB, Dallas and NE but they did not dope into the playoffs. They had a good season overshadowed by one or two really bad games.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Woops I thought he was referring to the Super Bowl. Especially when he brought up NARRATIVE
I brought up the narrative to illustrate that Dilfer is a gigantic shithead.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

Yes, they were inferior to GB, Dallas and NE but they did not dope into the playoffs.

Way to go 10-6 man. I don't even complain about my 10-6 teams, 13-3 before it's even painful losing in the playoffs :smug:

Holy poo poo is it painful then though, and it always happens :smith:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Grittybeard posted:

Way to go 10-6 man. I don't even complain about my 10-6 teams, 13-3 before it's even painful losing in the playoffs :smug:

Holy poo poo is it painful then though, and it always happens :smith:

I'm not saying the 2007 Giants were a great team or anything, but they aren't as bad as people remember them being. They played a fairly decent season with a few really bad games that hurt them. The first two games of the season the defense got trashed by Dallas and GB (The two best teams in the conference, mind you). Late season against the Vikings Eli got drugged by Darren Sharper and threw 3 pick 6's to him and 4 ints total.

But their losses that season were:
twice to the #1 seed Dallas Cowboys, the best team Dallas has fielded in the past decade.
once to the #2 seed green bay and a resurgent Favre
once to the undefeated best offense ever at the time Patriots in a meaningless game
once to the Redskins, who also made the playoffs
once to the Vikings because Eli poo poo the bed.

They weren't great, but outside the Vikings they beat all the teams they should have beaten, then got hot in the playoffs. They went into the playoffs discounted because attention was on Dallas and Green Bay / Pats. They beat the Bucs, who were heavily favored despite having a worse record and losing their last two games. Then they went on a killer streak against the 3 best teams in the league that year. That perpetual underdog late playoffs gives them this "how did that team make it into the playoffs in the first place" look when in fact they made the playoffs pretty easily.

I just hate when people say they backed in in 2007. Backing into the playoffs is not locking up the top wildcard spot with a game left to play, and being in control of your own destiny that whole time. They made it there almost as assuredly as you can for a wildcard, but just happened to be a long shot to win once they got there.

in 2011 we totally backed in and it owned

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 1, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

swickles posted:

I watched a lot of Married with Children and dont remember this. Was this in the later seasons when they did poo poo like go to England and it was all weird?

You didn't like the England episodes?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

once to the Vikings because Eli poo poo the bed.

Was that the game where Eli threw like four picks

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Like he said in the paragraph before that?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Intruder posted:

Rice's is the worst because cutting him is a net cap negative until the last year of his deal. After this season, cutting Foster will get the Texans $4m in cap savings with $5m in dead money.

The Eagles killed it though, they can cut Shady after 2014, 2015 or 2016 and get ~$7.5m in savings in any of those years if he falls off a cliff like Rice/Foster have

They'll have the least incentive to though, since Shady's probably aged the best out of the four of them. Forte's still doing pretty well too though.

Guys don't worry, the Jets can't pay DeSean Jackson but they have a plan! They have a plan!!

Jacoby Ford wouldn't be a bad buy-low pickup tbh. I'd rather spend a couple mil with almost no guarantee on him than Kenny Britt, at least. The Jets arguably should be springing for more significant additions with the cap space that they have, but those are the kind of value signings around the edges that smart teams make.

Spoeank posted:

Leftovers is a fun way of saying raw sewage.

Hey, Brown is actually good. Rogers is... well, probably better than who the Raiders had at cornerback last year at least.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grozz Nuy posted:

They'll have the least incentive to though, since Shady's probably aged the best out of the four of them. Forte's still doing pretty well too though.

:sigh: Why do people keep saying this as if it has any bearing on the contract itself? The Eagles structured the contract brilliantly, that's all I'm freaking saying

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm just saying that the team that structured their contract the best is probably going to end up having him play out the whole thing anyway. It is just a roundabout way of saying 'Shady McCoy is really good at football'.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Every time I hear Shady McCoy I think that it could be Colt McCoy's rapper persona.

Except Shady McCoy doesn't know what his name is.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
And neither does Colt?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If Ford wasn't a broken husk of a player at this point in his career, he'd be cool to have. I'll never forget his rookie year. I don't want to say he was explosive because he's never really produced much, but drat was he fun when he made things happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz6VWCBLHeo

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Blitz7x posted:

The new look Raiders

lol

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Febreeze posted:

in 2011 we totally backed in and it owned

The cherry on top is Bradshaw literally backing into the end zone and me cursing at my TV when he did it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I confused Jacoby Ford for Jacoby Jones. Christ I am retarded

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chris Gaines posted:

I confused Jacoby Ford for Jacoby Jones. Christ I am retarded

4/1/2014

Subject has become self aware

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Was that the game where Eli threw like four picks

Yes, his second one. His first two games against the Vikings he threw 8 INTs, four of which were returned for TDs. It makes no sense.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

4/1/2014

Subject has become self aware

Don't let April Fools deceive you, man.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Eagles Sign Alex Henery to Extension

quote:

Alex Henery has been signed to a 5 year, $15.5M contract extension through 2018 with $6M guaranteed, an exclusive source tells BGN.

:woop: Finally they do something right.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

DangerKat posted:

Yes, his second one. His first two games against the Vikings he threw 8 INTs, four of which were returned for TDs. It makes no sense.

It makes a lot of sense because that is the kind of QB Eli Manning is.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Darren Sharper destroyed Eli every time they faced each other. He was to Eli like kryptonite is to Superman, or like ambien is to girls at the club.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Doltos posted:

Darren Sharper destroyed Eli every time they faced each other. He was to Eli like kryptonite is to Superman, or like ambien is to girls at the club.

Sharper owned during his first year with both the Vikes and Saints. It was magical.

Too bad he turned out to be a rapist :(

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

I can't tell if that was an ironic response or a sincere response

e: April Fools :thejoke:

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 1, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DOOP posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

I can't tell if that was an ironic response or a sincere response

e: April Fools :thejoke:

I thought he sucked.

*edit*

Oh gently caress you.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

nerve posted:

It makes a lot of sense because that is the kind of QB Eli Manning is.

Not if you think about what kind of defenses those Vikings' teams had.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yearly reminder that April Fool's day is really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MourningView posted:

Yearly reminder that April Fool's day is really dumb.

Is... is this an April Fool's post? :ohdear:

• Locked thread