Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Chichevache posted:

Is... is this an April Fool's post? :ohdear:

Nope, Morningview is known to hate anything that's fun and enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Except Ricky Stanzi

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

Except Ricky Stanzi

Loving America is a full time job, not a hobby

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Doltos posted:

Nope, Morningview is known to hate anything that's fun and enjoyable.

and April Fool's Day

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

People thinking airhorns under office chairs are hilarious (especially with a bunch of VPs in town for meetings) has me taking MV's side on this

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Intruder posted:

Except Ricky Stanzi

And dunks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

People thinking airhorns under office chairs are hilarious (especially with a bunch of VPs in town for meetings) has me taking MV's side on this

I bet you're the office curmudgeon who yells at everyone to keep it down because you're working*

*looking at somethingawful

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
Danieal Manning has visits lined up with Cinci and then KC. Cool, another safety. Just by subtracting Kendrick Lewis from the equation I can't see how the safety play doesn't improve, but adding some actual players would be cool too.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Danieal Manning would have started over Lewis in Houston, right? We aren't bringing in the dude being replaced by Lewis...because that would suck...

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Danieal Manning would have started over Lewis in Houston, right? We aren't bringing in the dude being replaced by Lewis...because that would suck...

Probably. Manning is still decent/good from what I know, he just cost too much.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Pron on VHS posted:

Manning was cut because he wouldn't take a pay cut and they signed Clemons. I don't think Lewis had much to do with it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Manning is a very good safety. Cutting him saved $4m on the cap.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MourningView posted:

Yearly reminder that April Fool's day is really dumb.
So are the Cowboys

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I have done nothing but effusively priase the Cowboys recently so that hurts deeply.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

MourningView posted:

Yearly reminder that April Fool's day is really dumb.

So is letting your elite franchise kicker hit the open market.

(There you go, Chris Gaines)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm just glad we got Ware. I think he's got just enough in the tank. I'd predict a Cowboys/Broncos Super Bowl so that Ware could get his comeuppance but Dallas will probably finish in the bottom half of the NFC East :iamafag:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Ford to the Jets is apparently a done deal. No word on terms yet.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

Three sandwiches and a ticket for the Shrek musical

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
@EdBouchette
Veteran WR Darrius Heyward-Bey to visit #Steelers Wed. 7th overall pick in 2009. UFA. Team has just under $400K in cap room

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Zypher posted:

@EdBouchette
Veteran WR Darrius Heyward-Bey to visit #Steelers Wed. 7th overall pick in 2009. UFA. Team has just under $400K in cap room

Is there any chance in the universe they could afford him at this point?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blarfk posted:

Is there any chance in the universe they could afford him at this point?

By my calculations, they need to clear up $350k. Not including rookies, of course.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Idzik thinks he's Desean Jackson's brother or something.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mike Brisiel got released. Good riddance. If anyone wants a broke rear end guard who's not good in any system, have at it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He was pretty drat good in the Texans system

Does Baltimore have a need at guard?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Zone blocker that managed to stick around when they switched back to a power scheme cause he was the least bad despite not being a fit. poo poo I think the guard situation might've been worse than the tackles.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Zypher posted:

@EdBouchette
Joke post? Veteran is must be a term thrown out there if you've played in the league over 4 years. I don't think he's going to be having some sort of miraculous comeback anytime soon.

I hope they don't sign him. That would be a waste unless they have no faith in the WRs they have now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mughe posted:

Joke post? Veteran is must be a term thrown out there if you've played in the league over 4 years. I don't think he's going to be having some sort of miraculous comeback anytime soon.

Yeah that's pretty much what it means in sports isn't it?

I'd forgotten that he had one actual pretty solid year, 2011 was decent and wasn't really forever ago. I'd agree that I wouldn't be terribly hopeful that he'd be worth anything though.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Zypher posted:

@EdBouchette

They just used up that room to sign lovely rear end Brice McCain as a camp body/special teamer so this won't happen unless Roethlisberger or Worilds gets extended between now and then

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Intruder posted:

He was pretty drat good in the Texans system

Does Baltimore have a need at guard?

Nah, just RT really. Depth wouldn't hurt.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Champ Bailey is visiting the Saints.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Jets deal with Dmitri Patterson is reported to be 1yr/$3m. Dammit, I wish the Fins had resigned him for that.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
Major Wright visiting with the Bucs.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

The Jets deal with Dmitri Patterson is reported to be 1yr/$3m. Dammit, I wish the Fins had resigned him for that.

Dude just cannot stay healthy to save his life. It sucks because the defense was always so much better when he played.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Andio posted:

Major Wright visiting with the Bucs.

if Lovie could get him to return to 2012 form he'll be a decent starter, otherwise he's really bad.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah that's pretty much what it means in sports isn't it?

I'd forgotten that he had one actual pretty solid year, 2011 was decent and wasn't really forever ago. I'd agree that I wouldn't be terribly hopeful that he'd be worth anything though.

He was rotten bad last year. Couldn't catch anything, he got pushed to the bottom of the depth chart and rarely saw the field at the end of the year, and this was after Reggie Wayne was out for the season.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

PantsFreeZone posted:

Idzik is slowly building an entire team of 1 year contracts.

Butthead
May 31, 2011

bobby2times posted:

It's so his new coach next year can completely rebuild the roster.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

bobby2times posted:

@MMehtaNYDN
WR/KR Jacoby Ford's deal with the Jets is for one year, I'm told.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

SlipUp posted:

Nah, just RT really. Depth wouldn't hurt.

This just reminded me of the hilarious deal Oher got in Tennessee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Abugadu posted:

He was rotten bad last year. Couldn't catch anything, he got pushed to the bottom of the depth chart and rarely saw the field at the end of the year, and this was after Reggie Wayne was out for the season.

On the flipside he was actually a pretty decent special teams player!

But yeah, he was terrible at everything else. So many dropped passes.

• Locked thread