Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

ilifinicus posted:

You're telling me I could re-buy my Allagan weapon? Or my relic atma? Without having to re-do the content?

Yeah, in Ul'dah, right outside of the Miner's Guild there is an NPC named Calamity Salvager. X12 Y13. Choose "Purchase Quest Rewards (Arms)

I don't have my relic atma yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

URL grey tea posted:

Yeah, in Ul'dah, right outside of the Miner's Guild there is an NPC named Calamity Salvager. X12 Y13. Choose "Purchase Quest Rewards (Arms)

I don't have my relic atma yet

this was already answered, you can't buy atmas, zeniths, or allagans

i have two allagan weapons, 5 zeniths, and one atma. This is my salvager window

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 1, 2014

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
For some reason the salvager sells my alt the Artemis Bow, although the only level 50 class is BLM with a Stardust Rod Zenith :iiam:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

orcane posted:

For some reason the salvager sells my alt the Artemis Bow, although the only level 50 class is BLM with a Stardust Rod Zenith :iiam:

It's a bug. Square Enix won't let people buy it right now.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/4e2e8f581fe1968846c7b145edb0e4b2c51d4d41

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
This may have already been posted, but the client is available for download for ps4 in the store under games->new this month @ ~10 gb

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
has it been confirmed??????

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

tvayisnihyaami posted:

has it been confirmed??????

It has.

I just saved 15% on my Chocobo insurance by switching to Geikobold.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Does Blood for Blood affect magic damage? The tooltip doesn't seem to specify whether it's physical only.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Line Feed posted:

Does Blood for Blood affect magic damage? The tooltip doesn't seem to specify whether it's physical only.
Yes. Raging Strikes and Blood for Blood both increase damage done by magic. You can't get Blood for Blood on a Magic job though, the spell does not have the affinity for that. You can as the base classes.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Thank you. My 5th cross class skill slot opened up on my Arcanist and I'm not sure what else to put on there. Not that it matters since I'll be a Scholar in 2 more levels. I'm excited to start healing people but I'm going to miss having a Carbuncle. :(

Line Feed fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Apr 2, 2014

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I just got this and I'm currently a 10 lancer.

Is there anything I should be focusing on doing as I level? I'm not sure about what gathering skills are worthwhile for example and my main objective seems to be get to 30, get marauder to 15, get Dragoon and jump on people. (Or from what I've read, insert jump at specific points on a 27 ability rotation)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Line Feed posted:

Thank you. My 5th cross class skill slot opened up on my Arcanist and I'm not sure what else to put on there. Not that it matters since I'll be a Scholar in 2 more levels. I'm excited to start healing people but I'm going to miss having a Carbuncle. :(

You will lose some of those when you make the jump to Scholar. Jobs have less CC slots than classes.

That said, you want at minimum Swiftcast (THM 26) and Protect (CNJ 8). An ideal set of five would be Swiftcast, Protect, Cleric Stance (CNJ 6), Stoneskin (CNJ 34), and your choice of the other options from THM.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Is there anything I should be focusing on doing as I level? I'm not sure about what gathering skills are worthwhile for example and my main objective seems to be get to 30, get marauder to 15, get Dragoon and jump on people. (Or from what I've read, insert jump at specific points on a 27 ability rotation)

Honestly, do what you want. All gathering and crafting skills are useful. You may want to try armorsmith and mining, if you wish to make armor for your lancer, though it's likely you'll level your first class faster than you can keep up crafting.

After getting the Dragoon job, you may want to get Pugilist to level 12 so you can get the Internal Release cross class skill (critical hit rate +30%) and Second Wind (self heal without using mana).

If you're going to get into crafting, I recommend eventually getting Alchemy and Cooking up to level 15 because their level 15 skills are really really useful for all crafting classes.

You can try out entirely different classes too. The fun part of this game, for me at least, is that you're not restricted in doing anything. Aside from choosing between Summoner and Scholar, you can play any job or class without penalty to your "main" one.

Line Feed posted:

The fairies are awesome. I didn't miss the Carbuncle one bit after becoming Scholar, so don't worry!

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 2, 2014

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Focus on having fun. Remember that getting to the Waking Sands is faster if you teleport to Limsa Lominsa, exit the Aethernet to the Arcanists' Guild and then take the ferry. Teleporting to Horizon and then running over is a horrendous waste of time.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

ilifinicus posted:

Focus on having fun. Remember that getting to the Waking Sands is faster if you teleport to Limsa Lominsa, exit the Aethernet to the Arcanists' Guild and then take the ferry. Teleporting to Horizon and then running over is a horrendous waste of time.

Teleporting to horizon and taking a chocobo porter is a huge waste of time? With all the screen changes from doing it the Limsa way, I thought they would be equal.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Jehuti posted:

Teleporting to horizon and taking a chocobo porter is a huge waste of time? With all the screen changes from doing it the Limsa way, I thought they would be equal.
Disregard everything I said if you are on a wooden PC or a PS3

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Set Ul'dah as your free teleport point and take a chocobo to Vesper Bay from there. It isn't the quickest route but it's certainly the least effort.

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank

ilifinicus posted:

unless you are on a ps3 and the load times are long.. then I think the horizon route is faster.

edit: beaten badly.

new content: I enjoy this game

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I have literally no idea what any of this is yet.

I am the super king of MMOs.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I have literally no idea what any of this is yet.

I am the super king of MMOs.

You'll understand all that as you go through the main quest; that was mostly a time-saving tip for getting to an upcoming persistent quest hub.

Like ilifin said, just focus on having fun and doing what you enjoy doing. There really isn't a "wrong" way to play the game, aside from constantly standing in the bad stuff bosses throw at you :v:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

When in doubt, follow the main story quest. The only exception is that every 5 levels, you should be going back to your starting guild and following that quest line, especially for the level 15 and 30 quests because they will be giving you unique skills to use (along with giving you level-appropriate gear).

Between the class quests and MSQ the game is going to send you through a lot of combat and later dungeon crawling very explicitly designed to get you familiar with the class you're playing. Just experiment with the skills at your disposal and see how anything new you get as you level can be worked into your combat routine.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

You will lose some of those when you make the jump to Scholar. Jobs have less CC slots than classes.

That said, you want at minimum Swiftcast (THM 26) and Protect (CNJ 8). An ideal set of five would be Swiftcast, Protect, Cleric Stance (CNJ 6), Stoneskin (CNJ 34), and your choice of the other options from THM.

Unless you need Blizzard II specifically, Aero should be your last slot. All damage, all the time.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Always do your story quests. They are the ones that look like a meteor over an npc's head. Always do your class and job quests the second you can. You get them every 5 levels. Try and stick out lancer until you get your chocobo. It should be around 23.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Systematic System posted:

Unless you need Blizzard II specifically, Aero should be your last slot. All damage, all the time.

Oh that's right, I always forget about Aero. :doh:

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...
How is the server population on Excalibur? I'm debating about whether to play on Ultros or Excalibur but I made a character on both so I wouldn't have to worry about the character creation restrictions.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Play on Excalibur.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

FatalT posted:

How is the server population on Excalibur? I'm debating about whether to play on Ultros or Excalibur but I made a character on both so I wouldn't have to worry about the character creation restrictions.

They're both active servers. What's on Ultros that you're considering playing there?

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

The Chairman posted:

They're both active servers. What's on Ultros that you're considering playing there?

Eh, it was pretty much playing on the server NeoGAF uses or the server Something Awful uses. I've played with Goons before (World of Warcraft) and enjoyed it but I've never played with anyone from GAF. Just from looking at the threads for the game it seems like SA is more active so I'll probably go with Excalibur.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
If it helps your decision our house looks fabulous now!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kuvo posted:

Both houses are really pretty. :3:

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Play on Excalibur.

Kuvo posted:

I'm convinced! I can't argue with a fabulous house.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Assuming I can make my character on Excalibur, will I be able to get an invite to one of the goon guilds? Not that there will be a ton to do, since I'll just be leveling a class or two to 20, but might as well get things rolling.

I played in Gridania during the previous beta, so I'm thinking of starting in Ul'dah or Limsa this time. I don't suppose there's a great difference other than story (and what class I start as of course).

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Of course you will.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Kyrosiris posted:

Systematic System posted:

Lately, i've been running Cleric Stance, Aero, Blizzard II, Swiftcast, Protect. Stoneskin is nice, but its utility is incredibly marginal for us compared to getting a bona fide AoE. Hell, for a new Scholar, I would say to run Cleric Stance / Aero / Swiftcast* at 30, and just start learning as soon as possible how to properly DPS while healing.

Also, Scholar at 50 does a pretty incredible amount of damage to trash with Shadowflare + Bane + Blizzard II. I'd need a drat good reason to take it out for anything short of specific 8-man bosses with 2 Scholars.

(* Protect is fine if you don't have Swiftcast yet, but it's the most essential crossclass skill in 8-man content, so you should really pick it up. Outside of EX Primals and T5-T9, though? Cleric Stance -> dots :getin:)

Niton fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 2, 2014

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So I'm playing with the idea of using my Fantasia to be a giraffe, but when I decided to test out making a new char, I noticed the new hairstyles aren't in the character creation. Are they only from the aesthetician?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Killsion posted:

So I'm playing with the idea of using my Fantasia to be a giraffe, but when I decided to test out making a new char, I noticed the new hairstyles aren't in the character creation. Are they only from the aesthetician?

Yes

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Has Yoshi ever commented on if the FF13 hairs will ever be buyable (with real money or something) I was totally swamped with work for both events and didn't get a chance and now everyone with Lightning's is taunting me because all of the catgirl hairs besides like one sucks. :argh:

Also I'm sure I'm not alone in this problem but I'm getting Jobitis and it sucks. I've solidified WHM as my main role but everytime I level something else for fun I get to like 30 and then think about how cool that other job looks...Maybe I should level that instead... :negative:

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Also I'm sure I'm not alone in this problem but I'm getting Jobitis and it sucks. I've solidified WHM as my main role but everytime I level something else for fun I get to like 30 and then think about how cool that other job looks...Maybe I should level that instead... :negative:

The only answer is to max out everything.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Has Yoshi ever commented on if the FF13 hairs will ever be buyable (with real money or something) I was totally swamped with work for both events and didn't get a chance and now everyone with Lightning's is taunting me because all of the catgirl hairs besides like one sucks. :argh:

you can get lightning hair from the aesthetician. i'm pretty sure the quest is only for her outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Got my noct body! My bulk is supreme.

• Locked thread