Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I don't know about Ultimate Six but Spider-Men isn't until Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 17 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Deadpool posted:

That is a hell of a deal right there. The only thing I see missing is Ultimate Fallout which follows the Death of Spider-Man story. I mean it even includes Ultimate Six and Requiem. Yes if you plan on reading these you cannot beat this value period. Probably one of the greatest long term comic runs ever.

Also, since that's 199 issues there I guess that tells us what gets us to USM #200

EDIT: It is missing a few issues.

Ultimate Spider-Man #1/2
Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special (which is pretty much not in continuity but it may be part of the issue #150 they have there as it was reprinted in that issue)
Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1-3

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #16.1

And of course Spider-Men #1-5

Okay, I'm making the count work. Remove the seven issues of Ultimate Six if it's not really "Ultimate Spider-Man." Add USA #1/2, 16.1, and Spider-Men. Annuals and specials never count in numbering. Yay, now we're at 199 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man before #200, woohoo. (This is probably not their logic.)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Deadpool posted:

That is a hell of a deal right there. The only thing I see missing is Ultimate Fallout which follows the Death of Spider-Man story. I mean it even includes Ultimate Six and Requiem. Yes if you plan on reading these you cannot beat this value period. Probably one of the greatest long term comic runs ever.

Also, since that's 199 issues there I guess that tells us what gets us to USM #200

EDIT: It is missing a few issues.

Ultimate Spider-Man #1/2
Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special (which is pretty much not in continuity but it may be part of the issue #150 they have there as it was reprinted in that issue)
Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1-3

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #16.1

And of course Spider-Men #1-5

Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special was more of a capstone for Ultimate Teamup and that entire series is a clusterfuck of poo poo worth reading and stuff not.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Where do Ultimate Six and Spider-Men fit in the order?

Ultimate Spider-Man 46 is the prelude to Ultimate Six. The 1/2 issue comes in somewhere around USM 40-45, Annual 1 comes after USM 85, Annual 2 comes after USM 105, Annual 3 comes after USM 120, and the two Requiem issues come after USM 133. Then you've got Ultimate Comics Spider-Man v1 1-15, then 150-160. Followed by Ultimate Fallout and then onto Ultimate Comics Spider-Man v2.

X-O fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 2, 2014

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special was more of a capstone for Ultimate Teamup and that entire series is a clusterfuck of poo poo worth reading and stuff not.
The Fantastic Four issue illustrated by Jim Mahfood was wonderful.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I don't remember when exactly Ultimate Six takes place, but the USM that leads up to it literally says "To be continued in Ultimate Six".

USM 200 was a complete punch to the gut. I feel really bad for Kitty after reading that.

Did we ever get a follow up to Miles' dad finding out? I remember that's how USM Cataclysm #2 ended. Did I miss a third tie in issue or something?

I also don't think Bendis gets enough credit for creating such a sympathetic Jonah in Ultimate. I mean, it still is very much Jonah but a much more toned down Jonah.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I don't remember when exactly Ultimate Six takes place, but the USM that leads up to it literally says "To be continued in Ultimate Six".

Funny enough, the digital issues don't feature those kinds of tags I've found.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bought the Powers bundle whenever it was up, and it did include the Annuals as next up once you got to the end of the preceding issue (though the bundle didn't include them.) I guess we'll see if this one is setup that way for any of it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

USM 200 was a complete punch to the gut. I feel really bad for Kitty after reading that.

Did we ever get a follow up to Miles' dad finding out? I remember that's how USM Cataclysm #2 ended. Did I miss a third tie in issue or something?

I also don't think Bendis gets enough credit for creating such a sympathetic Jonah in Ultimate. I mean, it still is very much Jonah but a much more toned down Jonah.

I do not know. It looks like Kenny and her are getting back together, and they are awesome together. I also know what the comic of what Johnny's future.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Ultimate Spider-Man 46 is the prelude to Ultimate Six. The 1/2 issue comes in somewhere around USM 40-45, Annual 1 comes after USM 85, Annual 2 comes after USM 105, Annual 3 comes after USM 120, and the two Requiem issues come after USM 133. Then you've got Ultimate Comics Spider-Man v1 1-15, then 150-160. Followed by Ultimate Fallout and then onto Ultimate Comics Spider-Man v2.

The whole Ultimate Spider-Man -> Ultimate Comics Spider-man! -> Ultimate Spider-Man -> Ultimate Comics Spider-Man again! is the most confusing bullshit, and I was along for the ride too :psyduck:

Closely followed by the whole 3(?) different Ultimate Mystery/Doom/Toiletflush miniseries naming.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Also, at least with the trades, the annuals are packaged separately from the ongoing and they're packaged with the mostly garbage annuals from other books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
USM #200 was so great. I long for the "and his Amazing Friends" era of the book so much. Hands down the book of the week. And mad props to Ganke scoring the older woman.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I've never followed Ultimate Spiderman closely but The misterious girl(?) lurking at the end of 200, is someone we've already met or a hook for future stories?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I've never followed Ultimate Spiderman closely but The misterious girl(?) lurking at the end of 200, is someone we've already met or a hook for future stories?

Its pretty obvious it will a hook for the new series.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

It'll be Harry.

200 was a weird issue because I liked the Jonah and Kitty moments but man that "Chef Cebulski" bit made me groan hard and the rest of the issue just kept bouncing like that. It also keeps that bitter feeling of "yup to shake up sales on a book a kid was brutally murdered in-front of his family". It's just that brief moment of The Adventures of Peter and Friends and just how much wasted potential the book threw away.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If you haven't yet, everyone read the letters page in USM 200.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

It'll be Harry.

200 was a weird issue because I liked the Jonah and Kitty moments but man that "Chef Cebulski" bit made me groan hard and the rest of the issue just kept bouncing like that. It also keeps that bitter feeling of "yup to shake up sales on a book a kid was brutally murdered in-front of his family". It's just that brief moment of The Adventures of Peter and Friends and just how much wasted potential the book threw away.

I really don't think DOSM was a sales stunt. The non Spidey tie ins? Sure. But on this one book, I'll take Bendis at his word that it is the story he wanted to tell.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
For a line that was struggling hard? That relaunched not to much later? Sure.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
I think it was a combo for Bendis. He told the story he wanted to tell but was forced, either by circumstance or lack of time, to tell it earlier. In other wrods, he likely had Peter's ending planned out, but I doubt this was exactly when and how it would've gone down. Goblin just magically returning? The entire superfriends arc just aborting randomly? Peter ALREADY just "died" a year before with Ultimatum? And it just happened to coincide with the Ultimate Civil War/clear attempt to boost Ultimate sales?

I'd wager Bendis was rushed.

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

The Kitty section straight up broke my heart. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

eliotlucas posted:

The Kitty section straight up broke my heart. :(

It was sad and loving adorable.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

"Please don't get hit by a car" with the immediate payoff was loving hilarious.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Any one have a link to a reading order for Cataclysm? I skipped it because I didn't like Hunger very much, but I've liked what I've heard about it and figure I should catch up before the latest reboot of the Ultimate Universe

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I thought it looked like Peter's bad haircut, but it is probably Harry. He is also dead, but you know... goblins.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Skwirl posted:

Any one have a link to a reading order for Cataclysm? I skipped it because I didn't like Hunger very much, but I've liked what I've heard about it and figure I should catch up before the latest reboot of the Ultimate Universe

Thor hit Galactus into a black hole. The End.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Inkspot posted:

Thor hit Galactus into a black hole. The End.

I want to read the bits with Miles and Reed in the 616.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Miles (and friends) rescues a plane with JJJ onboard. JJJ promises to report them as heroes or some bullshit. SHIELD calls Miles. Miles and Reed go to 616 and get intel on Galactus. Thor hits Galactus into a black hole. The End.

They spent no time in 616. There was no point to it.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 3, 2014

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Skwirl posted:

I want to read the bits with Miles and Reed in the 616.

There was about 2 pages, although it was the funniest part by far. The bit with SpOck had me laughing for a while

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Galactus was thrown into the Negative Zone. Thor got dragged with him. Cap America may have died.

You really don't need to bother with the main Cataclysm book.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Opopanax posted:

There was about 2 pages, although it was the funniest part by far. The bit with SpOck had me laughing for a while

That panel with SpOck was worth the entire mini-series.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Well, what happened with Ultimate Reed? Last I read he isn't someone I'd trust to visit a parallel dimension with only a 15 year old boy to guard him.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Tavarin posted:

That panel with SpOck was worth the entire mini-series.

Can anyone post that here or the funny panels thread? I love Miles but havent had the money to get any comics for like a year or so and I've been trying not to pirate. :(

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Evil Reed and Miles journey to 616 to steal the other Reed's Galactus data.

They ransack the lab, but have a surprise visitor.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Well, what happened with Ultimate Reed? Last I read he isn't someone I'd trust to visit a parallel dimension with only a 15 year old boy to guard him.

He's still very much insane. But he straight up goes to the Ultimates and says "the world is ending and you have no choice"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I feel the whole insane has been down played a good bit after the Immortus is actaully Sue from the end of the universe reveal. She put a there's no other way spin on it and Reed believed/s that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well I guess I could have phrased that better.

He's Reed. Without anyone to keep him in check.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I really hope they don't try to full on reform him. he works so much better as a villain. Although this is the Ultimate U, they'll probably just put him in a box and only bring him out for a couple of pages every few years

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Inkspot posted:

Miles (and friends) rescues a plane with JJJ onboard. JJJ promises to report them as heroes or some bullshit. SHIELD calls Miles. Miles and Reed go to 616 and get intel on Galactus. Thor hits Galactus into a black hole. The End.

They spent no time in 616. There was no point to it.

Also, Miles revealed to his father that he's Spider-Man. His father did NOT take it well and took a swing at him while screaming that Miles was responsible for his mother's death. Miles went off to go save lives and stuff and his dad had a bit of a breakdown over it.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That too. Did it get addressed in 200? Haven't read my books this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Inkspot posted:

That too. Did it get addressed in 200? Haven't read my books this week.

No. The entire focus is on Peter.

• Locked thread