Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Aren't we all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Please forgive me if I missed it, but did anyone else see that a source says the LAPD confirmed to the Raiders and 49ers that Jackson did have gang ties?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/source-lapd-confirms-jacksons-gang-ties-49ers-raiders?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I had a hornets jersey growing up.

Colors were awesome.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Please forgive me if I missed it, but did anyone else see that a source says the LAPD confirmed to the Raiders and 49ers that Jackson did have gang ties?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/source-lapd-confirms-jacksons-gang-ties-49ers-raiders?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Yes, DeSean Jackson knows people who are involved in gangs. Shocking, he's a human being from a not so nice place.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

This basically just means "DeSean Jackson has friends from back home in the lovely area he grew up"

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
By the way the Broncos signed C Will Montgomery for some reason

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
steelers had a good free agency and then were like eh, yeah, gently caress it, sign the worst corner and wide receiver from last year and let's see what happens

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Yes, DeSean Jackson knows people who are involved in gangs. Shocking, he's a human being from a not so nice place.

shiksa posted:

This basically just means "DeSean Jackson has friends from back home in the lovely area he grew up"

Dunno, after Aaron Hernandez, I can understand teams staying the gently caress away when the LAPD confirms that DeSean has continuing involvement with people with gang ties. There is no good reason for DeSean Jackson to still be on the LAPD's radar in 2014.

That said, gently caress the LAPD.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

He even talked to people in prison!

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/desean-jackson-walks-gangsters

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Roasted Donut posted:

steelers had a good free agency and then were like eh, yeah, gently caress it, sign the worst corner and wide receiver from last year and let's see what happens

Congrats on DHB roasted donut

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
hey. i got a roasted donut for ya *pulls darrius heyward-bey's highlight reel out of the oven*

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Just for the record, I didn't post that in the spirit of, "See, Desean is a punk gangbanger!" It was more along the lines of, "Here's a possible reason (legitimate or not) that these two teams didn't go after him harder."

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Just for the record, I didn't post that in the spirit of, "See, Desean is a punk gangbanger!" It was more along the lines of, "Here's a possible reason (legitimate or not) that these two teams didn't go after him harder."

Eh, maybe. I think the reason teams didn't give the Eagles a 3rd rounder is because they were telegraphing that they wanted Jackson gone so badly and teams wanted to wait out and save the draft pick/get him on their own contract.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A lot more teams reportedly showed interest (and immediate interest at that) once he was a free agent than when he was being offered during a trade.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Makes sense, why give up a third when you can just give up cash instead? If he showed some worth in FA then the Eagles front office mishandled getting value out of an investment.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Blitz7x posted:

Oh wow great signing for Pittsburgh. They've needed a replacement for Limas Sweed for a while

lol drat.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Zypher posted:

Dunno, after Aaron Hernandez, I can understand teams staying the gently caress away when the LAPD confirms that DeSean has continuing involvement with people with gang ties. There is no good reason for DeSean Jackson to still be on the LAPD's radar in 2014.

That said, gently caress the LAPD.

Those definitions are so loose that I have gang ties. So I guess you do now too, bitch.

Snitches get stitches.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Roasted Donut posted:

ahhhh gently caress it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sweeney Tom posted:

A lot more teams reportedly showed interest (and immediate interest at that) once he was a free agent than when he was being offered during a trade.

I think that's probably because they wouldn't have to give up anything for him and also would have been able to negotiate a contract instead of get saddled with what was seen as a bad one.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Goddamn, 3/24m is a great deal for DJax if he keeps up.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Steelers almost certainly signed DHB w/ special teams in mind, I think that was the only decent part of his game in Indy? Same goes for Brice McCain.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rap posted:

hey. i got a roasted donut for ya *pulls darrius heyward-bey's highlight reel out of the oven*

A donut where all the ingredients are 3 years old. Aside from ST, he's also a pretty solid run blocker. You just couldn't tell in Indy because lol.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Indy has a good RB coming back this year don't they?

Man, Trent Richardson is useless.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
So it seems the Raiders have improved their team a shitload

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think they're the worst team in the league on paper anymore. Assuming Schaub is done establishing his pick 6 legacy for future generations.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Also, being much better than last year isn't saying much.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

I don't think they're the worst team in the league on paper anymore. Assuming Schaub is done establishing his pick 6 legacy for future generations.

The worst part about this rebuild is that y'all still missed the #1 pick. Why even bother if you're drafting at about the same time as a team that went to the NFC Championship the year before?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

It's really kind of amazing. The no. 1 pick was supposed to be an arms race between Jacksonville and Oakland, two of the worst football teams ever assembled, and here we are.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

shiksa posted:

It's really kind of amazing. The no. 1 pick was supposed to be an arms race between Jacksonville and Oakland, two of the worst football teams ever assembled, and here we are.

I mean, they're both still picking top five so it's not that far from what we thought

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I mean, they're both still picking top five so it's not that far from what we thought

Yeah they were bad, but this a team that has consistently struggled to get over that 12 loss hump. 10 of the last 12 years they've lost 11 games or more, and they've only got one first overall pick to show for it. I mean there's a few games you'd like to have back, like taking that early lead in the late San Diego game against a quarterback who hasn't stayed up past 8:30 since his junior year in school, and that win against the Steelers, but the Raiders just really struggle to lose in close games against bad opponents. Like the Texans game when they got handed the ball in the red zone twice. You gotta settle for 3 in those situations. Instead they walk away with 14 points and bam. Game over. It's maddening. 4-12 ain't gonna cut it in today's NFL.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
And that's with half the team as starting UDFAs

The crazy part is when one of the UDFA starters goes down. Who's behind them? :magical:

The answer is Lucas Nix

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sweeney Tom posted:

I remember thinking Philly was stupid as poo poo for leaking that they would cut him if the trade didn't come through.

shiksa posted:

Man, Trent Richardson is useless.

I just don't get his current production after his monster rookie season.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 3, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Yeah they were bad, but this a team that has consistently struggled to get over that 12 loss hump. 10 of the last 12 years they've lost 11 games or more, and they've only got one first overall pick to show for it. I mean there's a few games you'd like to have back, like taking that early lead in the late San Diego game against a quarterback who hasn't stayed up past 8:30 since his junior year in school, and that win against the Steelers, but the Raiders just really struggle to lose in close games against bad opponents. Like the Texans game when they got handed the ball in the red zone twice. You gotta settle for 3 in those situations. Instead they walk away with 14 points and bam. Game over. It's maddening. 4-12 ain't gonna cut it in today's NFL.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Not sure if this is a joke

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I was on board with Chris Johnson until I took some time to watch some Chris Johnson tape from last season. Ew. He left a TON of yards on the field.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 3, 2014

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Not sure if this is a joke

Maybe he's talking about the sex tape...

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

mcmagic posted:

I was on board with Chris Johnson until I took some time to watch some Chris Johnson tape from last season. Ew. He left a TON of yards on the field.

The year he went nuts I remember him catching a lot more passes in the flats, then for the last 2 years you barely ever saw that. Every once in a while you see flashes out of him that make you go WOW, but its hard to tell if age, misuse, or effort has been the problem with him.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Chilichimp posted:

3.6 yards per carry. MONSTER.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

shiksa posted:

They have Bradshaw coming back who is decent if he can stay healthy. And Vick Ballard I guess, but Vick Ballard is only good in the minds of Colts fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

You were on board with the chris Johnson signing? Lol. I'm shocked you contradicted yourself!

mcmagic posted:

I would say the exact same thing if the Jets were signing him. Zero reason to ever sign a player like that.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 3, 2014

• Locked thread