Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The idea of Zimmer hating JFF because of the hippity hop is too hilarious for me to comprehend properly. I hope it's a smokescreen (it probably is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Does Clowney project well as a 3-4 outside backer?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Apparently about 70% of the time the Texans are going to be in 4 man fronts

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kirios posted:

He could, he stood up a lot in USC. He also roamed the line like a predator-back, kinda like Arizona's defensive schemes under Wisenhunt.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

While I didn't understand exactly what I was supposed to be looking for in Clowney's workouts, I thought it was telling that some of our other linemen were clearly tiring during the drills and he was still going full tilt. It was nice to see after all the horseshit about his "motor" and getting "gassed" that pundits kept bringing up last season.

e: It sounds like Bruce Ellington was the other standout of our Pro Day, which is great for him. I'd love it if the Panthers were able to scoop him up in the later rounds.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 2, 2014

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Shath Hole posted:

So Clowney to the Texans is pretty much going to happen, right? :(

:pray:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Sweeney Tom posted:

@RossTuckerNFL 21m
Based on Zimmer quotes & what I hear A&M coaches are telling NFL you gotta REALLY love Manziel to take him top 10
Since when did Sumlin and Spavital start talking poo poo about him?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Elotana posted:

Since when did Sumlin and Spavital start talking poo poo about him?

Sumlin and Zimmer had an apparently "extensive" conversation about Manziel that Sumlin was evasive about last week. Doubt that was him talking poo poo about JFF, but if it happened at all, it happened then. Spavital, who knows

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Intruder posted:

There's also this

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/846732784.gif?1396453667

Too big to upload to imgur and I don't know if this host is ok for leeching

http://i.imgur.com/QFBURpL.gif

Here's an imgur link if you're worried about it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As expected, ASJ isn't participating in Washington's pro day, still recovering from foot surgery.

I maintain that he'll make someone very happy for taking him in the 2nd-3rd round.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
EDIT:

Re: Clowney as an OLB

Clowney actually projects well as a stand-up rusher due to his burst and balance (watch the UNC and Tenn game to see what happens when they try to cut block him). I have doubts about his ability to cover - not to say that he couldn't improve, though - but I'm not drafting him to be a SOLB. I'm drafting him to basically be an Elephant/90% pass rusher at weakside, and then become a defensive end the other 70% of the time when the defense is in nickel.

Intruder posted:

There's also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbzLB1wTwfA

bhsman fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 2, 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

There's also this

It's generally a bad idea in that someone could notice and change the image to a dude's butt on you and then where will you be? but yeah, SA is now such a relatively small percentage of internet traffic, that leaching isn't the deal it used to be.

That said, if you ever need to host a large gif, you can use Minus.com.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
For the record, SB Nation doesn't really care as long as you keep the watermark in.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

excidium posted:

After missing out on the DJax sweepstakes I really, really want the Chiefs to take ODB. 23 seems like the sweet spot for him as well so hopefully he'll be there, but watching the combine workouts for some of the top guys he just seems so much more fluid in and out of his cuts with ridiculous hand size and great leaping ability. I think him and Bowe would make a pretty great tandem, especially in the red zone. I would really like to see him and Avery outside with Bowe in the slot. Lots of potential match-up problems with that.

I'd like Kelvin Benjamin personally but as long as it's not a guard I'll be okay.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'd like Kelvin Benjamin personally but as long as it's not a guard I'll be okay.

Baldwin 2.0? No thanks. I don't see him fitting as well as a shifty guy like ODB in Reid's offense. The real dream would be for Teddy to take a Rogers like fall and get him in the 1st. Save us from having to overpay Alex Smith next year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

excidium posted:

Baldwin 2.0? No thanks. I don't see him fitting as well as a shifty guy like ODB in Reid's offense. The real dream would be for Teddy to take a Rogers like fall and get him in the 1st. Save us from having to overpay Alex Smith next year.

Baldwin 2.0 would be Mike Evans in this draft, I guess. Baldwin really should have been better than he was.

Benjamin is like a slower Stephen Hill.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GwuYSpwUMg

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Glad people are recognizing that Clowney was, was always and will always be the top player of this dang ol draft

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Quit trying to interrupt my TFF smokescreens

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000338921/Clowney-jumps-seven-bags-snags-tennis-balls

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'm sure this is impressive and judging by the other guys trying it in between it isn't easy, but goddamn does this strike me as a silly rear end drill.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Quest For Glory II posted:

Glad people are recognizing that Clowney was, was always and will always be the top player of this dang ol draft

At one point in time I didn't think he was a generational prospect. How wrong I was.

He's still about as good as Mario coming out though, and that's not a knock.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So clowney it is for Houston, right?

That'd cause some fights in Houston I think

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

AAA DOLFAN posted:

So clowney it is for Houston, right?

That'd cause some fights in Houston I think
I don't think anyone in Houston would have a problem with Clowney, the fights are over which QB is better. If O'Brien thinks there's enough talent to win with whoever emerges from Keenum, Fitz, and a lower-round QB pick, well the guy won with McGloin so you can't really knock that.

For the record I'm fine with anything except Bortles. I'm an Aggie homer but I do realize that Bridgewater is an objectively safer QB pick.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elotana posted:

I don't think anyone in Houston would have a problem with Clowney, the fights are over which QB is better. If O'Brien thinks there's enough talent to win with whoever emerges from Keenum, Fitz, and a lower-round QB pick, well the guy won with McGloin so you can't really knock that.

For the record I'm fine with anything except Bortles. I'm an Aggie homer but I do realize that Bridgewater is an objectively safer QB pick.

All board the Clowney-Carr train :v:

Grittybeard posted:

I'm sure this is impressive and judging by the other guys trying it in between it isn't easy, but goddamn does this strike me as a silly rear end drill.

They explain in the video the point of the drill

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 2, 2014

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Apparently, the Browns missed Clowney's pro-day because of working out Bortles. I saw someone raise the point of the Browns missing out on seeing tertiary players at major pro-days, which is a point I've not thought a lot about and I'm assuming, neither have they.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Elotana posted:

I remember there being people who were pounding the table for a QB but it was way back in January I realized so no point holding someone to that. We get caught up in poo poo like that at times.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

excidium posted:

Now that we can both agree on.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I just watched Clowney's pro day. Houston would be insane to pass on him.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Azhais posted:

http://i.imgur.com/QFBURpL.gif

Here's an imgur link if you're worried about it

Lol. This looks like some sped up looney toons poo poo and I'm gonna be really sad when we take Bortles :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol if you needed Clowney's pro day to realize he's one of the best physical specimens to ever enter the draft

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

#EmbraceDebate

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ehud posted:

lol if you needed Clowney's pro day to realize he's one of the best physical specimens to ever enter the draft
Fuckers got caught up in a buncha QB hype and didn't recognize

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

In my spite, I should dig up that post earlier in this thread that said that the only reason people knew Clowney is cause of the Michigan Tackle.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Benne posted:

#EmbraceDebate

Well that's just going to bring bad juju.

Gotta Wear Shades
Jul 25, 2013

Learn to hoist a jack,
Learn to lay a track
Learn to pick and shovel too
And take my hammer, it'll do anything you tell it to

shiksa posted:

Well that's just going to bring bad juju.

On ESPN, hopefully.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Benne posted:

#EmbraceDebate

IIRC Alshon Jeffery said this, which is why it got brought up.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

bhsman posted:

IIRC Alshon Jeffery said this, which is why it got brought up.

Alshon Jeffery is a massive South Carolina homer, he's always cheering for USC guys to succeed in the NFL.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

DupaDupa posted:

Alshon Jeffery is a massive South Carolina homer, he's always cheering for USC guys to succeed in the NFL.

Not that I wouldn't still love Alshon anyway, but it really owns when former players are like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Bears brought Deone Bucannon in for a private workout, anything to know about him other than he has a built in nickname for a strong safety?

• Locked thread