Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Shithouse Dave posted:

I dipped my toes in fyad once or twice and was surprised and confused thwt they didn't outright tell me to gently caress off. I stopped doing it because I don't know if it's good to fit in in FYAD.

they told me i was everything wrong about SA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Nessa posted:

He's not always.. He just couldn't help but use my art as part of a joke, since other people were doing it anyway.

I keep telling him FYAD is bad, but he says it's really not so bad when the people they make fun of are deserving of it. He admits that it is full of mean people though.

Bah. Evenings are terrible for me. I always get overly sensitive and cranky when I am tired, but I don't want to go to bed when I am sad! Does anyone else get like that? Maybe it's because I will be bleeding soon and tend to over think things and think more negatively when I am tired.

I need to go watch a happy thing.

Umm. It's not so bad when the people deserve it? That's implying that he thinks you deserve it so it's ok for him to do it. As a fiancé it's his job to defend you from dicks, not join in the mob rush for fun.

You should get Implanon/Nexplanon! A silicon rod that's mildly radioactive and has stopped me bleeding entirely. I think 20% of women get no periods when using it, and most of the rest get them super reduced.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Shithouse Dave posted:

I dipped my toes in fyad once or twice and was surprised and confused thwt they didn't outright tell me to gently caress off. I stopped doing it because I don't know if it's good to fit in in FYAD.

I sometimes misclick on my phone when trying to get to e/n and I swipe backwards as soon as I see that godawful pink. Bf reads some threads but doesn't touch the poop, which I think is for the best. Watching monkeys fling poo poo might be amusing, but it's your own fault if you jump in there with them and get shat on.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Schmetterling posted:

I sometimes misclick on my phone when trying to get to e/n and I swipe backwards as soon as I see that godawful pink. Bf reads some threads but doesn't touch the poop, which I think is for the best. Watching monkeys fling poo poo might be amusing, but it's your own fault if you jump in there with them and get shat on.

It's green now. :mrgw:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

It's green now. :mrgw:

looks pink to me

just poked my head in there, so many stupid bitches tags

also fyad is weird and not my type of thing

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
i "get" fyad, but they dont "get" me

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
who cares

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Pick did you see the lady who draws The Last Halloween (Abby Howard)? She is super funny and her comic is one of my new favourites.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Schmetterling posted:

That's not nice at all. My bf is super into ironic twitter and he would never make fun of me to amuse other people. If he does mention me it is usually as a contrast to make himself look silly.

You like making art and you know that practice will only make you better. Him making fun of you is mean. :(

It's not as bad as all that. He said people were photoshopping my art and he took a panel from my comic for a hand that I drew and photoshopped the hand going into a butt because he thought it would be funny because of what other people were posting about Galactus and butts and stuff.

When he told me this, I told him that was my hand, because all the hands I've been drawing in my comic have been based off sketches of my own hand.

I think he felt a little bad about that.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
you should shoot him that's my second opinion i am a doctor

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

But why use your art? Why not put galactus's hand in a butt?

step aside
Sep 21, 2011
you should be careful if you get fyad

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

step aside posted:

oh no

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

step aside posted:

Is it fatal?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Portals posted:

looks pink to me

just poked my head in there, so many stupid bitches tags

also fyad is weird and not my type of thing

Oh weird, it was green earlier today. Like the Gas Chamber without all the animated poo poo.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Schmetterling posted:

Is it fatal?

not always, it can be treated with certain medications

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Schmetterling posted:

Is it fatal?

ya, the d stands for died from fyad it's a recursive acronym.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Schmetterling posted:

Umm. It's not so bad when the people deserve it? That's implying that he thinks you deserve it so it's ok for him to do it. As a fiancé it's his job to defend you from dicks, not join in the mob rush for fun.

You should get Implanon/Nexplanon! A silicon rod that's mildly radioactive and has stopped me bleeding entirely. I think 20% of women get no periods when using it, and most of the rest get them super reduced.

He told me that FYAD wants me to get better at art. They are very bad at being supportive.

He is a good fiancé really. Everyone saying that he's bad is only making me feel worse. :(

I would never get implanon. I'm terrified enough of needles, let alone implants, and my periods are already massively reduced with my current birth control.

step aside
Sep 21, 2011
im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
that's me irl

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
nessa i hate your art cause it's really bad, but i'm just a guy on the internet so who cares

your fiance is making fun of you for cred on a gay internet forum, murder him then get better

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
random chiptune music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZM5E_CKeVE

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Putty posted:

nessa i hate your art cause it's really bad, but i'm just a guy on the internet so who cares

your fiance is making fun of you for cred on a gay internet forum, murder him then get better

You're doing an excellent job of making me feel worse, you know. :(

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i lurk some threads there and i am legitimately mentally ill
its me, im niggerstomper58

peace out

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

wooooo! :hf:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i cannot stop thinking about blood

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nessa posted:

You're doing an excellent job of making me feel worse, you know. :(

Putty is a jerk, and I am sorry for that.

You should feel good because you are a person who I like and you are nice and not an anonymous internet jerk.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Putty posted:

i cannot stop thinking about blood

its in your veins right now

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
the last thing i can remember drawing is an abstract brian griffin and that is bad

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

poopkitty posted:

Putty is a jerk, and I am sorry for that.

You should feel good because you are a person who I like and you are nice and not an anonymous internet jerk.

I like you too, Poopkitty. You are a cool lady. :3:

Seriously, it doesn't happen all too often, but every once in a while, PMS will just make me cry myself to sleep over the silliest of things then I feel like an idiot about it the next day when my head is clear.

This is all just stupid hormones.

I should be going to bed, but I'm going to watched Bewitched because it's a show that makes me smile.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Nessa posted:

He told me that FYAD wants me to get better at art. They are very bad at being supportive.

He is a good fiancé really. Everyone saying that he's bad is only making me feel worse. :(

I would never get implanon. I'm terrified enough of needles, let alone implants, and my periods are already massively reduced with my current birth control.

I think maybe he's not bad or malicious but he might not be very bright. If he thinks fyad is just supportive friendship time then maybe he just needs you to explain that it hurt your feelings to offer your art up to ridicule.

Bf offers this metaphor: if you know a region is full of swooping baby-eating eagles, and you leave your baby sitting out on a rock, sure you didn't eat the baby yourself and maybe you just wanted to show the eagles how cool your baby was, but it's kinda your fault when the eagles swoop down and eat the baby.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

nessa I hadn't actually taken a look at your comic before! some actual constructive criticism: are you using a tablet to draw this? if so, have you tried using pressure-sensitive brush tools? they can make a big difference in the line quality

note: I am not a trained artist of any sort so my advice may be sub-par

e: oh also! practicing drawing human anatomy can help a lot, I love this site for that. and this is good too

Portals fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 3, 2014

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Nessa posted:

I like you too, Poopkitty. You are a cool lady. :3:

Seriously, it doesn't happen all too often, but every once in a while, PMS will just make me cry myself to sleep over the silliest of things then I feel like an idiot about it the next day when my head is clear.

This is all just stupid hormones.

I should be going to bed, but I'm going to watched Bewitched because it's a show that makes me smile.

Can you wiggle your nose bewitched-ly? That might help you feel better too.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Schmetterling posted:

i just started doing that completely without meaning to, what is this strange pavlovian response you have awakened in me

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Portals posted:

nessa I hadn't actually taken a look at your comic before! some actual constructive criticism: are you using a tablet to draw this? if so, have you tried using pressure-sensitive brush tools? they can make a big difference in the line quality

note: I am not a trained artist of any sort so my advice may be sub-par

I have started to use pressure sensitivity, yes. My art class starts in 2 weeks and hopefully I will learn some fundamentals because I have never had any formal training. I have been getting a lot of constructive advice in the Making Comics thread though.

What sucks the most is not being "new" to drawing. I've been drawing for years and sucked the whole time, watching as all of my peers far surpassed me in skill.

I think it will be very helpful for someone to watch me draw and actually tell me what I am doing wrong.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

i just started doing that completely without meaning to, what is this strange pavlovian response you have awakened in me

avshalom has awakened!

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Nessa posted:

...I have never had any formal training.
...I've been drawing for years and sucked the whole time, watching as all of my peers far surpassed me in skill.
why the gently caress are you surprised? go get taught and learn, then you'll improve

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Schmetterling posted:

Alas, I cannot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

avshalom has awakened!
*ascends to the skies*

• Locked thread