Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Shannonmcn posted:

Does America the land of freedom ban cheese?

You can find good stuff, but supermarket cheese generally sucks. I imagine that's true for anywhere, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
im writing up a lab procedure for a thing
man i hope my advisor/professor doesn't regret putting a lowly undergrad in charge of a bunch of graduate students

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Shannonmcn posted:

Stay away from Gregg's and bring lotsa cash so you can eat in the nice places. There's probs 1 per city.

How could you!?! Gregg's delicious meat pies are one of the few chain place things I would recommend in the UK. It is deliciously British.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
GoT tomorrowwwww

dont respond to this post

Titty Warlord fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 4, 2014

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

KirbyKhan posted:

How could you!?! Gregg's delicious meat pies are one of the few chain place things I would recommend in the UK. It is deliciously British.

Eeeeeew. Tbh I've never eaten there since they're not exactly ceoliac friendly but the smell is gross and everything looks greasy.

Go to a Wetherspoon's on a Saturday night. If you don't get stabbed its a perfect way to see a certain side of UK culture :v:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Last night the lady in charge of my volunteering thing asked me where I was from. Apparently my accent doesn't sound Australian. Now I'm worried what I sound like.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Schmetterling posted:

Last night the lady in charge of my volunteering thing asked me where I was from. Apparently my accent doesn't sound Australian. Now I'm worried what I sound like.

a friendly aging bear that smoked too much in her youth hth

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Schmetterling posted:

I get that all the time. I roll my r's, apparently, the best word as evidence is "bear" because I say with an almost American accent. I think it's either because of too much tv as a child or it's the family tendency towards autism spectrum disorders. When I say that I mean I am diagnosed with nothing but an odd personality but my cousin is full aspergin' and he has a particular way of speaking with an almost American twinge that I have also noticed in other autistic kids. I don't know if that's really a thing or just some odd confirmation bias but maybe one of the Lady Thread PhDs can study it.

edit: I guess phonetics would help, Australians would normally say Bear like "Beh" I say "Bey-hr"

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

Lucky for you, my copy of Trainspotting came with a glossary.

Radge: crazy

oval office: all-purpose term for someone else, either friendly or unfriendly

ty for educating me on other cultures

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Skimming through was there drama today or something? I feel like I missed out.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Backslap posted:

nah

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Captain Backslap posted:

Ooh, I missed 29 pages because of work/sleep. brb, gonna skim.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
jetsetlemming, i know you're probably not reading this, but if you are can you please tell amarantine that i genuinely like her and am concerned about her happiness and wellbeing and hope that she returns to the thread? there are certain posters itt who've set themselves up as regulars and are apparently beyond reproach despite having very little to offer in the way of personality, insight, or humour, and it's unfortunately the nature of the beast that they end up on top and genuinely lovely and genuine posters like amarantine lose out, but i'd gladly trade ten of them for one of her. thanks in advance.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Avshalom posted:

jetsetlemming, i know you're probably not reading this, but if you are can you please tell amarantine that i genuinely like her and am concerned about her happiness and wellbeing and hope that she returns to the thread? there are certain posters itt who've set themselves up as regulars and are apparently beyond reproach despite having very little to offer in the way of personality, insight, or humour, and it's unfortunately the nature of the beast that they end up on top and genuinely lovely and genuine posters like amarantine lose out, but i'd gladly trade ten of them for one of her. thanks in advance.

ilu

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
playin' portal because i have had it for many years but never busted it out

it is p fun

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Avshalom posted:

Yes, from me too. :( What Av said.

ASky is lovely and I like her posts and I count her among my cyber-sortof-friends which is a big deal to me because I don't have but like 2 IRL friends.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i actually didn't mean you but i'm going to shake my fist at you anyway

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Avshalom posted:

Welcome to Somethingawful dot cum.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Is it me

It's me isn't it

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

know for a fact it's not me because of my love of chows

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

:( yeah I'd like to have her back

also

Shithouse Dave posted:

Is it me

It's me isn't it

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
When you start letting SA make you angry in real life, it's probably best to take a break for a bit.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Avshalom posted:

that's cool i'mma get drunk all invited to join me

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Schmeichy posted:

When you start letting SA make you angry in real life, it's probably best to take a break for a bit.

A lil cool off isn't a bad idea

I will still post cake when she comes back tho.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

know for a fact it's not me because of my love of chows

i googled this and got pics of living teddy bears, my nightmares become reality

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Corridor posted:

that's cool i'mma get drunk all invited to join me

i can't go out because there's a shitstorm blizzard tonight

so i am going to get some wine

how are ladythread today

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Schmeichy posted:

that's good advice

one time i got mad at a gbs person and so i stopped reading the forum for a week and everything turned out fine

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

how are ladythread today

Still not feelin quite well but I soldiered on and went to both the gym and the board meeting. Go me woooooooooooo

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Schmeichy posted:

As somebody who regularly posts far too much about their personal life, and is probably far too invested emotionally in these forums, this. There are people on the other side of every avatar, but it's important to realize that they can only do what you let them do.

This is excepting crazy people finding your address and poo poo, but I really hope that's like some awful extreme and doesn't really happen all that much.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

how are ladythread today

Sore. My muscles are dying. Gonna take a hot shower and drink some beer to remedy the situation.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

how are ladythread today

Oh yeah also I'm going to be piloting the radio station billycart in the soapbox derby in May

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Can I continue posting here? I'm not a lady, but y'all seem really nice and talk about cool poo poo.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Shithouse Dave posted:

Oh yeah also I'm going to be piloting the radio station billycart in the soapbox derby in May

pretty sure most of those aren't real words

sounds fun tho

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

everythingWasBees posted:

As somebody who regularly posts far too much about their personal life, and is probably far too invested emotionally in these forums, this. There are people on the other side of every avatar, but it's important to realize that they can only do what you let them do.

This is excepting crazy people finding your address and poo poo, but I really hope that's like some awful extreme and doesn't really happen all that much.

A little bit of vulnerability is how we bond and build trust and make friends. I think it is a good thing to make yourself somewhat vulnerable. Sometimes people hurt you but then that's how you learn to deal with hurt and become strong.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Can I continue posting here? I'm not a lady, but y'all seem really nice and talk about cool poo poo.

gently caress off, poo poo head.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

pretty sure most of those aren't real words

sounds fun tho

I don't know what you'd call them... Go karts? Not the motorized ones, just the downhill kind.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Corridor posted:

i googled this and got pics of living teddy bears, my nightmares become reality
they're adorably fluffy but hate everyone, which makes them fantastic

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

just don't promise pictures of small dogs and then forget to post pictures of small dogs

i hear that poo poo don't fly round these parts

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Shithouse Dave posted:

I don't know what you'd call them... Go karts? Not the motorized ones, just the downhill kind.

I think in America-land we call it pinewood derby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

yeah

this whole thing made me finally go back through my posts and delete some stuff that could make it easy for people to find my identity, I post way too much about myself and I think I'll keep from doing that so much from now on

of course :)

• Locked thread