Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

T Fowl posted:

Truckers have to be like half of Sirius subscribers.

another 40% have to be new car owners that get it for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

TwistedNails posted:

another 40% have to be new car owners that get it for free.

Pretty much.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Best of today for any particular reason?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Snacksmaniac posted:

Best of today for any particular reason?
According to the Reddit thread, Opie decided to take a personal day and Jimmy's on the road.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsHOG0DNlus

Ronnie B's brother calls the show. He sounds exactly like Ronnie except with a more pronounced Philly accent.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

TwistedNails posted:

I have a feeling more 5XL's will be sold than smalls.

Why? How many do you think Roland will really buy?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

UncleMonkey posted:

...Jimmy's on the road.

Maybe somebody should help him up.

Or sumthin'.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Amphion posted:

Anthony: There's no children in this country that don't have enough food to eat!!!! Trickle down works!
This from the guy who told stories about how he would steal money so he could buy ice cream sandwiches to have something to eat. How soon we forget.

livingfruitvirus posted:

This is something all over national radio: Why is it whenever truckers call into a radio show, they feel the need to announce that they're a truck driver?
The naif in me says that they always ask the callers to tell where they're from, so the truck driver, being from basically no single place, has to constantly say "i drive a truck" to beg off the question. Reality is that they're probably bored to loving tears and would love any excuse to go off on what a lovely job driving a truck is (but still probably way better than what they would be doing otherwise).

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

On a happier note, my favorite bit from Lady Di week was actually the part that got pretty much overshadowed because of the mugging the following weekend, all the poo poo she talked about in her past with the comedians in studio at the end of Friday's show and into the postshow.

I can't give a real good timecode since they keep going to her and away from her throughout but here's a copy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ9tqzWE0yE

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Opie's revolution statement made Drudge. lol

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

CrashCat posted:

This from the guy who told stories about how he would steal money so he could buy ice cream sandwiches to have something to eat. How soon we forget.

That wasn't a story about him being poor, it was about parental neglect. He stole the money from his own father.

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 4, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I guess it's splitting hairs, but a dad who spends all the money on booze is also pretty 'food insecure' to me. Sorry for the bad categorization, I suppose.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Fabricated posted:

That's hilarious.

Ant rants for years and it never gets picked up while Opie says one little thing and he's now in the media as someone who wants to start the Anti-Obama revolution.

It's kind of like that time when Ant got a huge viral video (vista install) instead of Opie who desperately wanted one.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

CrashCat posted:

I guess it's splitting hairs, but a dad who spends all the money on booze is also pretty 'food insecure' to me. Sorry for the bad categorization, I suppose.
Ant broke into his apartment neighbor's house as an adult to steal Triscuits and Hydrox cookies.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

http://gawker.com/cronut-bakery-shut-down-for-severe-mouse-infestation-1558514766

Cronut guy is being shut down for health violations in the form of mice. Cry about it, Roland
e:

The Cronut Guy posted:

Due to the video that was released, the health department used it as evidence to ask us to re-cement and closed down the bakery for extermination. As a small one-shop bakery, we often feel like we're being looked at under a tremendous microscope. A lot of time people don't see the larger ramifications of their actions and how a tiny video of a mouse running across the screen for 3 seconds can cause harm and damages to an honest, small business that people's livelihood depends on. We of course believe that we run a clean and good operation, but see that we were targeted and will rise to the occasion to be even better.

Chef says we will be doing everything that was asked of us, and hope to reopen on Monday. And he's saddened for our customers who had plans this weekend that we weren't able to welcome them. Our team will be here in person to speak to customers live.
:qq: leave our mouse infestation alone :qq:

shyduck fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 4, 2014

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

We can only hope Roland will walk in front of a train now.

Cronut guy posted:

A lot of time people don't see the larger ramifications of their actions and how a tiny video of a mouse running across the screen for 3 seconds can cause harm and damages to an honest, small business that people's livelihood depends on.
I don't know about everyone else but I'd like my pastries to not be contaminated by vermin. The plague doesn't really add great flavor to donuts.

cochise fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 4, 2014

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Just heard yesterday's show and listening to Americans talk about paternity leave is fascinating.

In the country I'm living in we get minimum 14 weeks paternity leave (parents can choose between either 49 weeks combined maternity and paternity leave with 100 % pay or 59 weeks combined with 80 % pay.)

Droopy Goines fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 4, 2014

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Droopy Goines posted:

Just heard yesterday's show and listening to Americans talk about paternity leave is fascinating.

In the country I'm living in we get minimum 14 weeks paternity leave (parents can choose between either 49 weeks combined maternity and paternity leave with 100 % pay or 59 weeks combined with 80 % pay.)

DURRR GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!!!! - Anthony Cumia

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Ugh at Ron critising Colbert for "being an attention seeker" at the Hobbit screening.

We get it. You don't like the popular thing. You are the coolest of cool guys.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Hey is Club Soda Kenny still around? I haven't heard him in ages.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Bum the Sad posted:

Hey is Club Soda Kenny still around? I haven't heard him in ages.

Yeahp. He was speaking during the Amy Schumer interview. :)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Hate to be late to the party but it'll be a while until I catch up on O&A, so does anyone want to spoil for me exactly what happened with Roland/why people are calling him sensitive? Was it due to the Cronut guy drama? Or did some people make fun of him and he took it too personally?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

spudsbuckley posted:

Ugh at Ron critising Colbert for "being an attention seeker" at the Hobbit screening.

I'm pretty sure Ron loves Colbert. He may have been annoyed with him but he watches them regularly.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

spudsbuckley posted:

I also loved how during that same conversation, Ron was going on about how whatever gives people joy is their thing and you shouldn't criticize it. Riiiight. This from a guy who, on a daily basis, trashes comics and fantasy and basically anything else that isn't an obscure indy movie opening at a single theater in NYC as being "for babies."

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
I know we keep the threads separate, but I have to tell you guys that I have heard every single Howard Stern show from about 2001 until about a year ago. I didn't think radio could get funnier than Artie playing off of Howard. That is until about 3 months ago when I started listening to O&A. With Howard, I would get a huge laugh once a week...with O&A I get one once every 10 minutes. I feel like I've heard every O&A bit on youtube in the past 3 months and it's like heroin. I see what you guys bitch about and, while I agree, you should consider yourself lucky. Anyway, I just heard Mimi Beardsley for the first time ever yesterday and I can't stop singing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvvPnEm_708

This makes me laugh until I cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IogAQcGH6s

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Morter posted:

Hate to be late to the party but it'll be a while until I catch up on O&A, so does anyone want to spoil for me exactly what happened with Roland/why people are calling him sensitive? Was it due to the Cronut guy drama? Or did some people make fun of him and he took it too personally?

From what little I've seen/heard, Cronut Guy was supposed to be in on Wednesday. On Tuesday, they were talking with Roland about the upcoming interview and making light fun of the pastry guy. Word got back to doughnut dude's wife, Roland panicked and cancelled the interview, fearing his pastry connection would be severed. The boys were upset (mainly Jimmy) because Roland expected them to gently caress with the dude and never asked what their plan for the interview was. Roland then proceeded to act like a child further. I'm sure the locking down of his Twitter was because of rear end in a top hat listeners, but he acted like a dick for cookies so whatever.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

TL posted:

I'm pretty sure Ron loves Colbert. He may have been annoyed with him but he watches them regularly.

I thought part of it was him being bitter that the TV star got to bring a ton of people and the radio guy couldn't bring anyone.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

kolby posted:

I know we keep the threads separate, but I have to tell you guys that I have heard every single Howard Stern show from about 2001 until about a year ago.

You'll find a ton of former Stern fans in here. I listened to Stern for pretty much the entire Artie years, then gave up about 8 months after he left. I hate all that radio war bullshit, it's annoying to listen to. I just never checked out O&A because I was already listening to a show where I figured out all the little subplots, idiosyncrasies, etc. I wish I got into O&A earlier than I did.

I know it's hard to say no to a bazillion dollars, but Stern never should have renewed his last contract. Both Stern fan and O&A fan alike can pretty much agree on this. Neither show is perfect, but when O&A is bugging me (Ant talking like a member of Stormfront, or really, any of them talking on almost any political issue), I just have to check out what Stern's been up to for 5 minutes (AGT talk, Hamptons knob gobbling, etc.) and realize it's not so bad in comparison. I still regularly check out the Stern thread to see what's been up (basically nothing). Gary's pitch at the Mets game will always be there to remind me of how funny it used to be. Also, I love Richard and hope he lands on his feet after the show ends.

You'll find that both fan bases are similar in that they both love complaining about the show. I'm actually in a transition period where I'm finding myself getting into Ron & Fez more than O&A, but old school fans of Ron & Fez are saying it's reached its crest.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Good points and I also check into the Stern thread from time to time. Through O&A I discovered Ron and Fez. I now love that show as well and Ron is one of the funniest dudes out there.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
what was that song hannibal burress came into?

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Fabricated posted:

Someone on Twitter sent this Facebook screencap to Ant.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

livingfruitvirus posted:

Someone on Twitter sent this Facebook screencap to Ant.

I don't know what irritates me more: that Opie and Anthony keep doing this radio lead or that I'm agreeing with Danny loving Ross.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Man, remember up to 2007 when Anthony would argue tooth and nail that he wasn't a racist and that people who accused him of such where PC crybabies?

Say what you will about Obama, but he's certainly made the racists far more open to admitting their racism.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Man, remember up to 2007 when Anthony would argue tooth and nail that he wasn't a racist and that people who accused him of such where PC crybabies?

Say what you will about Obama, but he's certainly made the racists far more open to admitting their racism.
The early XM days are funny because Ant very rarely talked about race, and when he did, he tip-toed around things and was never really offensive. Jimmy, however, called anyone from the middle east a "savage" who "funds terrorism", constantly made fun of Asians for having expressionless faces, and would casually throw out n-bombs (I recall him saying some piece of listener audio "sucks friend of the family dick"). Jim has definitely come around on a lot of that stuff.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Jim used to try to be the white guy to say friend of the family. Then rag on QT when he would in his movies.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ant snapped when Obama was first elected.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I don't know what irritates me more: that Opie and Anthony keep doing this radio lead or that I'm agreeing with Danny loving Ross.
Danny's a douche but I've generally liked the jabs he's taken. I'll tell you what is more irritating that all of that, is the fact that some listener went to rat on Danny.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 6, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

it is pretty funny to hear guys who have personal chefs and apartments in the clouds of NYC complain about the health care act

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it is pretty funny to hear guys who have personal chefs and apartments in the clouds of NYC complain about the health care act

"Why aren't the proles fighting for me, the rich white man?"

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The lazy people who don't want to work are taking all their money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
To make things even weirder, Opie posted on twitter that he's for universal healthcare. The Blaze and Breitbart didn't mention that part though.

• Locked thread