Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Oh my god what is that beautiful orange truck? I want one! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

angryhampster posted:

The Italian Job?

I thought you were referring to Social Media, I think Justin Timberlake played Shawn Fanning

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

iForge posted:

Russian/east europe something. Its fun driving around their and seeing nothing but Iveco, KAMAZ, Tatra etc.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

jonathan posted:

In particular I am interested in that Esso #2 car. Anyone know if it has some racing pedigree or if it's just a cheap replica ?

Got a better photo/close up?

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

LTBS posted:

How rare are the SL63 AMG Blacks? We're not ones to get nice cars in this area, usually.

Click for larger blurry and hazy pictures.

Don't worry its not really a black series SL (Black series are fixed roofed and super wide fenders). looks like a SL63 with spoiler and blacked out badges. still nice but no insane black series.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
And according to Top Gear, they beat the everloving poo poo out of you when you drive them.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

jonathan posted:

So I was in Havana the other week and saw some cars.

In particular I am interested in that Esso #2 car. Anyone know if it has some racing pedigree or if it's just a cheap replica ?

It's a cheap replica of Juan Manuel Fangio's Maserati 300S. Fangio won the 1957 Cuban Grand Prix, but was kidnapped by Castro's folks just before the 1958 race in an (unsuccessful) effort to scuttle the race.

e:

jonathan posted:

iForge posted:

Russian/east europe something. Its fun driving around their and seeing nothing but Iveco, KAMAZ, Tatra etc.
It's a Mack.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 4, 2014

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GramCracker posted:

Got a better photo/close up?

If you take the link to imgur you can zoom in. Its a rather large image. But it has been identified below.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

joat mon posted:

It's a cheap replica of Juan Manuel Fangio's Maserati 300S. Fangio won the 1957 Cuban Grand Prix, but was kidnapped by Castro's folks just before the 1958 race in an (unsuccessful) effort to scuttle the race.

e:

It's a Mack.
[/quote]

LoL but it looks so russian!

Thanks for the info on the race car. Curious how you know its a replica...

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

jonathan posted:

LoL but it looks so russian!

Thanks for the info on the race car. Curious how you know its a replica...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/automobiles/03cuba.html

http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-gullwing-mercedes-found-in-cuba.html
supposedly using an 80's Chevy as the base

But above all, it looks like crap if you get closer:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/riveranotario/8685100500/in/set-72157633360600664/

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

joat mon posted:

e:

It's a Mack.
[/quote]

From the teens/early twenties. Fun fact: it's chain driven.

edit: a 1915, according to the same stream mon joat posted about the Maser:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/riveranotario/8683982639/in/set-72157633360600664/

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 4, 2014

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

joat mon posted:

If I recall correctly, didn't he end up just hanging out and becoming close friends with his captors?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Darchangel posted:

From the teens/early twenties. Fun fact: it's chain driven.

I posted a bunch of trucks just like that in the alternative insanity thread a few years ago. I'll dig up a link for anyone who wants to see more like that old mack when I get home tonight.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
One of my all-time favorite cars in the SCCA Region I race in just hit a milestone. He had to put a new motor in because he was "only making around 430 at the wheels these days".

We all know what this means, right? :getin:

"Bring me every strap you've got..."

Mandatory underhood shot.

This is the "conservative everyday 93 octane tune" :stonklol: (Old motor is in blue). The race tune on 110 is rumored to be over 750, but he ain't tellin'.

And a few shots of the car. He glassed those fenders himself, just had a pro do the paint.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

928. Supercharged, intercooled with methanol injection. It sounded pretty great.

wallaka fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 5, 2014

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

We need more wheelies. :black101:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
An ad for Bondurant, but drat if that isn't an incredible burnout:

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

And according to Top Gear, they beat the everloving poo poo out of you when you drive them.

Yeah but it was Clarkson that said that, and I'm pretty sure his back is wrecked. He said in the review of the car I have that it was extremely stiff and it really isn't at all. It's about the same as an e9x with the sport package.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stealth Like posted:

Yeah but it was Clarkson that said that, and I'm pretty sure his back is wrecked. He said in the review of the car I have that it was extremely stiff and it really isn't at all. It's about the same as an e9x with the sport package.

Its part of their repetitive formula to carry on about what the car does correct and them male up ridiculous poo poo about what is "wrong" with it.

Is the M5 review.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Why does anyone think top gear has any relevance to actual cars in real life?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Top Gear is an entertainment show, not a car review show. Truth is completely optional. They've been running in the current format for 12 years, how have people not figured this out yet?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Collateral Damage posted:

Top Gear is an entertainment show, not a car review show. Truth is completely optional. They've been running in the current format for 12 years, how have people not figured this out yet?

5th Gear is pretty good. I enjoy anything with Tiff.

For North America, I really wish RoadKill could get more exposure. It's got the entertaining parts of BBC Top Gear but they actually have an eye for mechanical things.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Collateral Damage posted:

Top Gear is an entertainment show, not a car review show. Truth is completely optional.

...and this differs from a "serious" review how?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
They don't pretend to be completely impartial :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

jonathan posted:

5th Gear is pretty good. I enjoy anything with Tiff.

For North America, I really wish RoadKill could get more exposure. It's got the entertaining parts of BBC Top Gear but they actually have an eye for mechanical things.

Freiburger mentioned something about them getting TV syndication this year, iirc.

http://blogs.hotrod.com/2014-plans-for-hot-rods-roadkill-show-on-youtube-105951.html#axzz2s6XBKTBQ

"The reason for those specific time limits is that Roadkill will now be cut to industry specs in anticipation of eventual airing on linear TV. But in the meantime, all Roadkill shows can be seen at YouTube.com/MotorTrend."

So yeah, it's getting there.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

1960 Chrysler 300F. What a beautiful machine. :allears:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Tailfins integrated into the doors. Truly the golden age is behind us.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Because Roadkill was mentioned earlier and because this is from one of my favorite episodes:

And then there's this one...

Roadkill is seriously AI as gently caress sometimes :allears:

vvv Point taken.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 6, 2014

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Only sometimes?

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011
Went to Canepa after Cars and Croissants today, took some pictures.

Click for big.

Click for big!

bowling 4 buttcoins fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 6, 2014

Fattig
Oct 10, 2012

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

What's up with this Datsun? Why does it have pipes sticking out from the front?

The distracting text on the rear is cool though, imagine the driver behind him going;
-"Yes indeed, why are we all here? Why am I in this car? WHY?"
And then he crashes into the armco.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

Click for big.

Click for big!

This Porsche is really quite insane. It uses a 540hp Porsche 962! engine, 935 wheelhubs and a mix of 934 and 959 parts for the brakes.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The M1 is one of those cars I'd own if I ever have so much money I stop caring about being sensible.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I agree with all of those photos.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Fayez Butts posted:

Only sometimes?

I loved their last project car. A POS 240 with a POS Chevy 4.3 with valves that don't completely seal. Why not slap a turbo on it and go autocrossing?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Goddamn, Canepa owns. A 917/30 in front of a huge picture of sprint cars.

:black101:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The exact opposite of :ughh:.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Xavier traded in his wheelchair. :v:

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
The local cars and coffee had this thing today. Mostly it's usually guys with old mustangs and vettes. Full disclosure, I know little about fancy expensive cars.

Some other guy had a brand new vette, still with the temp tags. Sorry no pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
That's an Auburn Boattail Speedster, or at least a replica of one.