Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Leperflesh posted:

Tiny Epic Kingdoms has sent out emails with a download link for Premium backers, to pull down the Premium Print n Play, faction backstories, and PDF art collection.

Unfortunately, he decided to use Google Drive and just provide a private link. It's not even 8 AM and he's already exceeded maximum number of downloads for the day. Google Drive is great, but not exactly an ideal solution for distributing content to thousands of backers.

It has been fixed. Go to the Comments section of that private backer update for the additional links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

A kickstarter for Coup: Reformation has been launched.

(with a bunch of typos and no actual description of the contents of the expansion)

Looks like they have actually updated the kickstarter to now be so lovely
A bunch of add ons to get Coup, the Resistance, Flashpoint, Snowdonia + various expansions.
The pricing on the addons are actually pretty good, if you don't have Amazon Prime for most of them, so there is all of that

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
I might actually be getting coup... is it really good? My game group loves Resistance (haven't played Avalon yet).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Leperflesh posted:

Tiny Epic Kingdoms has sent out emails with a download link for Premium backers, to pull down the Premium Print n Play, faction backstories, and PDF art collection.

Unfortunately, he decided to use Google Drive and just provide a private link. It's not even 8 AM and he's already exceeded maximum number of downloads for the day. Google Drive is great, but not exactly an ideal solution for distributing content to thousands of backers.

Man, how do people think it's ok to use the word "epic" to name or describe your game in the Year of our Lord 2014?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Man, how do people think it's ok to use the word "epic" to name or describe your game in the Year of our Lord 2014?

I think it's more the dictionary definition of epic rather than "loving epic bro" definition. They were trying to be clever with an oxymoron. Plus, it seems pretty fun :shobon:

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I might actually be getting coup... is it really good? My game group loves Resistance (haven't played Avalon yet).

If your group like the Resistance it'll go down a treat. Sweet spot is around 4 players though. Hope you guys are playing the Resistance with Merlin and the Assassin otherwise you are really missing out.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Blue Dungeon Tiles hit its last stretch goal the other day, and now the Basic backer level ($30 US, $40 Canadian, $45 International) gets you the base 48-tile set, 6 double-sided stair tiles, and one each of the 10 unlocked bonus tiles.

So now you're looking at 64 total dry-erase tiles at the "basic" level, plus six pages of cut-out dungeon dressing and a carrying case all for under $50.

I'm really wanting to back this, just trying to figure out if I'd rather spring for the Hardcore set or the Basic and 3 or 4 of the add on sets.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Has there been any word on retail availability of the Blue Dungeon Tiles post-Kickstarter? I'm in for a basic set, and I really would like more add-on tiles, but I don't want to pay for them until I know I'll be getting a decent amount of use out of them.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

For $5, anyone can get the files themselves (the "Dungeon Master Add-On"), to make as many tiles as you want of any kind. You'd have to laminate them yourself, but I think that's easily the most cost-effective option if you don't know how it's going to go.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

homullus posted:

For $5, anyone can get the files themselves (the "Dungeon Master Add-On"), to make as many tiles as you want of any kind. You'd have to laminate them yourself, but I think that's easily the most cost-effective option if you don't know how it's going to go.

Laminating machines are not very expensive either http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Thermal-Laminator-Roller-TL901/dp/B0010JEJPC

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

dishwasherlove posted:

If your group like the Resistance it'll go down a treat. Sweet spot is around 4 players though. Hope you guys are playing the Resistance with Merlin and the Assassin otherwise you are really missing out.

Sounds like we're about to step it up then! (Haven't played with Merlin and Assassin yet, but sounds like we can just designate certain cards as those roles)

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

It's honestly really stupid that they split it up into Avalon/sci-fi since the only real difference is some components and the cards they could have easily/did print up. Also the component quality was poo poo.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

If any of you guys are interested in supers roleplay, the Extreme Earth kickstarter just launched, with plans on seriously doing seven simultaneous books to port the game into different mechanical baselines like M&M and Icons.

I'm still not sure whether I think porting the game to that many rulesets is crazy ambitious or just crazy, but the art is basically awesome.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'd say crazy. Unless the base document is already done (minus art, layout) expect delays as various editions come in at different times.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
What, no HERO System?

Honestly, if you're going to do that much work, it makes me wonder why you'd bother with a system at all. Just give me the facts and let me plug it into a system. Also, the idea of plugging a world into just any system bugs me - certainly, one or two would fit the setting better than others? IconsSavage WorldsMutants & Masterminds, etc. Either the system is important, in which case you should focus on it, or it's not important, in which case why are you loving around so much with it?

Also it made me think of:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
No Underground?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Here's a game I haven't seen mentioned: Epic Resort by Floodgate Games

It's a deck-building and worker placement game where you try to attract people to your resort while hiring and training your workers. But the more popular your resort, the more dangers are attracted as well, requiring either heroes you've attracted to defend you or sacrificing a worker to keep the monster/pirates/calamity at bay. The winner is whoever has the most successful resort.

The Kickstarter is already almost ended (only about 57 hours left). It doesn't seem very pricey, and for some added cost you can get one of their earlier games (Legacy: Gears of Time) and/or its expansion.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Last Stand: Reinforcements is a companion/expansion for Last Stand, on Kickstarter to pay for an art budget. It adds base building, giant robot, and vehicle rules to everyone's favorite Kaiju/Sentai mashup game. If you don't have the first book, it's available in pdf in a backers-only update, so that's 2 books for one.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Mehuyael posted:

It's a deck-building and worker placement game where you try to attract people to your resort while hiring and training your workers. But the more popular your resort, the more dangers are attracted as well, requiring either heroes you've attracted to defend you or sacrificing a worker to keep the monster/pirates/calamity at bay. The winner is whoever has the most successful resort.

The Kickstarter is already almost ended (only about 57 hours left). It doesn't seem very pricey, and for some added cost you can get one of their earlier games (Legacy: Gears of Time) and/or its expansion.

I did some playtesting for this, it's a fun little game.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

General Ironicus posted:

Last Stand: Reinforcements is a companion/expansion for Last Stand, on Kickstarter to pay for an art budget. It adds base building, giant robot, and vehicle rules to everyone's favorite Kaiju/Sentai mashup game. If you don't have the first book, it's available in pdf in a backers-only update, so that's 2 books for one.

If you're on the fence, one of the base upgrades is called "Pacific Spinning Rims," so there's that.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Bucnasti posted:

No Underground?

In a time of B&W, that game had the most insanely great graphic design and layout. Completely blew me away when it first came out and I opened it up.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

General Ironicus posted:

Goddamit Mikan, why aren't you posting any more...?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Goredema posted:

In a time of B&W, that game had the most insanely great graphic design and layout. Completely blew me away when it first came out and I opened it up.

Needs to be F&F'ed

Really should have hit the edit button...

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Mehuyael posted:

I keep looking at this game. Can anyone who has playtested it compare it against the game Boss Monster?
It looks WAY "prettier" and definitely has some different mechanics but still does seem quite similar.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I keep looking at this game. Can anyone who has playtested it compare it against the game Boss Monster?
It looks WAY "prettier" and definitely has some different mechanics but still does seem quite similar.

Boss Monster is a worker placement deck builder? That's not what I remember. If you're talking about the idea of trying to attract people to your resort/dungeon/amusement park/anything, that's been done in plenty of games.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Goddamit Mikan, why aren't you posting any more...?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So Wil Wheaton is kickstarting a third season of Tabletop. On Indiegogo. With flexible funding.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tabletop-season-3-with-wil-wheaton

Come on, Wil Wheaton. Come on.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Megazver posted:

So Wil Wheaton is kickstarting a third season of Tabletop. On Indiegogo. With flexible funding.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tabletop-season-3-with-wil-wheaton

Come on, Wil Wheaton. Come on.

"Huzzah!"
"Moar vids!"
"The T-Shirt of Awesome"
"All over the interwebz,"

I admit that I haven't watched Tabletop since S1 when I realized it just wasn't for me (since I frankly don't care about nerd celebrity culture), but holy crap

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I don't particularly care that they're crowdfunding, but how the gently caress does it cost half a million dollars to make 15 episodes of Tabletop?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ahahaha how did I miss the sold out $5,000 donation option to play games with the cast (which, naturally, does not include travel) and the $1,000 "get a bunch of board games with some nerd lady and man's names on it" option?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Crackbone posted:

I don't particularly care that they're crowdfunding, but how the gently caress does it cost half a million dollars to make 15 episodes of Tabletop?

Hollywood “friends'” time is money?
Also, any bets that they will still have the youtube monetisation option checked? :D

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Crackbone posted:

Assuming they're right about 20% going to fulfillment and taxes, it's $400k, or about $27,000 an episode. If I were a competent makeup person, lighting designer, script supervisor, post-production producer, sound guy, sound editor, whatever, I'd want money for working on a whole season of a show. Just assume each episode takes only a single day; it's not that weird to imagine somebody competent wanting over $1000 for half a month's work.

I'm not a fan of the show, but shows cost money.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Among The Stars is being reprinted. I'll repeat this question in the board games thread, but does the expansion make this worth playing over 7 Wonders? I also like how there's exactly one backer for one the tiers, and it's not a giant vanity tier either.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Request

I am making a panel for a convention talking about successful crowdfunded games. I've contacted the guys behind Dragon's Hoard, Boss Monster, and Devastation of Indines already and I have their support. What other traditional games makers should I contact that had successful crowdfunding, especially for games where I can give a very brief (like 5 minutes) demo of some of the game? I'd especially like wild successes and ideas that publishers really would never have gotten behind. Complete games here also, not stuff for modeling, painting, or tabletop RPG set pieces.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

signalnoise posted:

Request

I am making a panel for a convention talking about successful crowdfunded games. I've contacted the guys behind Dragon's Hoard, Boss Monster, and Devastation of Indines already and I have their support. What other traditional games makers should I contact that had successful crowdfunding, especially for games where I can give a very brief (like 5 minutes) demo of some of the game? I'd especially like wild successes and ideas that publishers really would never have gotten behind. Complete games here also, not stuff for modeling, painting, or tabletop RPG set pieces.

Sandy Petersen at Green Eye Games, Daniel Griego at Inner Kingdom Games (Shadowfist), David Chott (Lagoon), CMON and whoever did Hegemonic.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

signalnoise posted:

Request

Jamey Stegmeier of Stonemeier Games

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

signalnoise posted:

Request

There's also Greater Than Games who produce Sentinels of the Multiverse.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

General Ironicus posted:

Weird. Just learned any time a Last Stand product hits KS, I will suddenly lose money.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

homullus posted:

Assuming they're right about 20% going to fulfillment and taxes, it's $400k, or about $27,000 an episode. If I were a competent makeup person, lighting designer, script supervisor, post-production producer, sound guy, sound editor, whatever, I'd want money for working on a whole season of a show. Just assume each episode takes only a single day; it's not that weird to imagine somebody competent wanting over $1000 for half a month's work.

I'm not a fan of the show, but shows cost money.

They generally shoot two shows a day I seem to remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

VoodooXT posted:

Jamey Stegmeier of Stonemeier Games

Holy poo poo :stare:

This guy could destroy a kickstarter panel

• Locked thread