Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

fuckin tv like that in babby room it had best be watching cosmos gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

GNU Order posted:

The game? Yeah it wasn't amazing but there was a lot of stuff I felt they had to do to convey that you're not exactly Lee anymore

I don't like the gameplay changes, however minor they might be, and it felt like there was way less opportunity for me to choose to do stuff, and I don't like any of the new characters. I got through the first game by being honest and trusting everyone except the obvious cannibals and this one it feels like I have way less control and poo poo just happens. I really didn't mind not having much impact on the plot in the first game, but Omid and Christa dying immediately felt really lovely and obviously because some people didn't tell Clem to meet up with them[/spoiler

Captain Backslap posted:

The "shocking opening scene" I think was supposed to leave me stunned just sort of left me rolling my eyes.

[spoiler]The dog thing?
Yeah, that was not done well.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

boom boom boom posted:

I don't like the gameplay changes, however minor they might be, and it felt like there was way less opportunity for me to choose to do stuff, and I don't like any of the new characters. I got through the first game by being honest and trusting everyone except the obvious cannibals and this one it feels like I have way less control and poo poo just happens. I really didn't mind not having much impact on the plot in the first game, but Omid and Christa dying immediately felt really lovely and obviously because some people didn't tell Clem to meet up with them

The dog thing? Yeah, that was not done well.

Gameplay changes sure, the QTE stuff was unnecessary. As far as losing control of your character maybe it's just your experience but yeah they've sorta set Clem up as this badass who don't need no group but you can't really leave without them. You get more control over what you do in the second episode but it's a bit weird when adults start asking a kid to make decisions. You may start to warm up to the characters a bit, the first time you meet them they're all hostile to you and you know nothing about them. Either way Episode 2 really picks back up imo.

God drat it I can't stop talking about video games.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

video games vs a goon dick

you decide

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i have not played a video or computer game in five years

i do remember the last time though, it was AoE II on my dorm network with friends

my game name was Lord Cockeye and i always played as the byzantines

good times

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

What is the point of a dick so bad it can't be used

wasn't there a dude who injected so much silicone it was basically a big glorp?

yeah but people hosed the glorp

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Corn Thongs posted:

video games vs a goon dick

you decide

video games

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
question:

are strip clubs inherently bad

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
the one i live near has good pizza

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Globo-Hitler III posted:

question:

i went to one once it had hot girls in it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i just took a huuuuuuge crap and it felt awesome ftw :D

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Globo-Hitler III posted:

question:

Morally bad or, like, lovely/dirty bad?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

ladyboy pancake posted:

i went to one once it had hot girls in it.

the closest one near me used to be a lovely taco restaurant and they served me tacos that had beef that was still frozen

kinda glad the building switched owners tbqh

classy strip clubs make you feel rich

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

high five me

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

GNU Order posted:

Morally bad or, like, lovely/dirty bad?

bad on any level

inherently

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
they are inherently dirty due to entropy

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Stoic Commie posted:

they are inherently dirty due to entropy

we are all just filthy mindless beasts when you get down to it

happiness is nothing but a chemical reaction

lets kill ourselves

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I don't think they're inherently bad but they can potentially be :siren: PROBLEMATIC :siren:

Portals posted:

I keep forgetting! it was the first week of classes so I was too busy figuring out my schedule to do much makeup stuff. I did figure out that the WnW eyeshadow palette I was trying out was the cause of me having super bloodshot eyes, I guess something about it doesn't do well with me although that isn't the case for the two missha eyeshadows I have

Ohhh no, that sucks. If I were you, I'd keep a notepad file or google doc file or evernote file or WHATEVER, and list the ingredients of the WnW shadows. You might be able to find them online and save yourself a lot of tedious typing. Then, when something else comes along and gives you a similar reaction, you can compare the ingredients. They might have 90% of the same ingredients, in which case, you keep the ones that are in both on your list. Over and over until you narrow it down. Plus, you can use the ingredients list from your Missha shadows to figure out what's not bothering you. If you wanna tell me the name of the WnW palette and the Missha shadows, I'll take a look and tell you which ingredients are potentially doing it, if there are any that a lot of people are sensitive to, etc

I'm fortunate in that I've never had issues with my eyes. My face turns into an inflamed mess if I use the wrong foundation, but I'd take that over eye problems.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Globo-Hitler III posted:

lets kill ourselves

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Globo-Hitler III posted:

lets kill ourselves

Nah that just means we're free to do whatever gives us the best chemical reactions

Death is inevitable, no need to rush towards it

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i've only been to one once and it was an all nude, and all nude strip clubs can't serve alcohol here. so the state's stance is that exposed vaginas make drunk men murder and loot and i guess that might or might not be not true

Stoic Commie fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 6, 2014

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Fabulist posted:

Nah that just means we're free to do whatever gives us the best chemical reactions

what is rushing towards it gives u a rush

like skydiving at a mountain and waiting to long to release your chute

is that metaphysical acknowledgement of mortality and the nature of the soul (should it exist)

or is is sheer adrenaline addiction

who can tame my reptile brain

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Fabulist posted:

the decision between "something for a while" and "nothing, immediately" has no resolution

any choice is a semi-random chance influenced by chemical state, interpretation of environment, memories of prior experiences

why not drink

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

the decision between "something for a while" and "nothing, immediately" has no resolution

any choice is a semi-random chance influenced by chemical state, interpretation of environment, memories of prior experiences

why not drink

nothing we sense is reliable

existence as we think of it is meaningless

but even imaginary existence is equally meaningless

hail satan

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
your life might be meaningless but i draw gay elves, so

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Globo-Hitler III posted:

stripper named krystal

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Globo-Hitler III posted:

i mean its pretty reliable

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Globo-Hitler III posted:

existence as we think of it is meaningless

but even imaginary existence is equally meaningless

hail satan

it's foolish to trust yourself or anyone really

we are alive in chaos

we will die because of a coin toss

get paid

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Fabulist posted:

I don't think they're inherently bad but they can potentially be :siren: PROBLEMATIC :siren:

Ohhh no, that sucks. If I were you, I'd keep a notepad file or google doc file or evernote file or WHATEVER, and list the ingredients of the WnW shadows. You might be able to find them online and save yourself a lot of tedious typing. Then, when something else comes along and gives you a similar reaction, you can compare the ingredients. They might have 90% of the same ingredients, in which case, you keep the ones that are in both on your list. Over and over until you narrow it down. Plus, you can use the ingredients list from your Missha shadows to figure out what's not bothering you. If you wanna tell me the name of the WnW palette and the Missha shadows, I'll take a look and tell you which ingredients are potentially doing it, if there are any that a lot of people are sensitive to, etc

I'm fortunate in that I've never had issues with my eyes. My face turns into an inflamed mess if I use the wrong foundation, but I'd take that over eye problems.

the WnW palette is Comfort Zone, and the Misshas are SKH01 and SBR01. I'm not sure how easy it will be to find the ingredients for those two, but I appreciate the help a lot! I'm totally in love with the colours in the WnW palette which is why I feel pretty bummed out that it's irritating me, they're basically the perfect shades for my colouration

e: oh my god it got really nihilistic in here while I was digging through my medicine cabinet

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

stripper named krystal

you've met my cousin???

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
life has no meaning but to satisfy your sensate self

scrape good tastes across your tongue

grind your erogenous zones against things that please you

WoodrowSkillson posted:

stripper named krystal

drat yeah

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Stoic Commie posted:

i've only been to one once and it was an all nude, and all nude strip clubs can't serve alcohol here. so the state's stance is that exposed vaginas make men murder and loot and i guess that might not be not true

I've been to one of those. It had an attached bar. One of the ladies went to stick the bill in my bra so she could pull it out sexily, but I wasn't wearing one. So she accidentally flashed my tits at a good 3/4ths of the place. Nowadays I wouldn't give a poo poo but I was much younger and too stoned and ended up hiding in the bathroom for a while.
I was still residing in my home state at the time, which requires the ladies to keep g-strings on. The vagina flashing was interesting, but I honestly would take g-strings + being able to imbibe in the same room over nudity with a bar in the other room.

I also attended a 21st birthday party for a dude at a strip club. His parents were there, it was weird. They paid extra for two of the ladies to drag the birthday dude up on the stage and strip him down to his boxers while they stripped extremely close to him. I was really drunk, all I remember otherwise is one of them playfully, lightly slapping his rear end with his belt. Except he was a skinny dude who had no rear end, so she was nailing him right in the balls. I laughed until I almost threw up.

Globo-Hitler III posted:

what is rushing towards it gives u a rush

like skydiving at a mountain and waiting to long to release your chute

is that metaphysical acknowledgement of mortality and the nature of the soul (should it exist)

or is is sheer adrenaline addiction

Well try to be responsible while cheating death okay

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Fabulist posted:

I also attended a 21st birthday party for a dude at a strip club. His parents were there, it was weird. They paid extra for two of the ladies to drag the birthday dude up on the stage and strip him down to his boxers while they stripped extremely close to him. I was really drunk, all I remember otherwise is one of them playfully, lightly slapping his rear end with his belt. Except he was a skinny dude who had no rear end, so she was nailing him right in the balls. I laughed until I almost threw up.

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA that is excellent

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Jesus Christ you guys no one has said "Yeah I know, I've seen your post history" yet?

Ladythread, I am disappointed in you.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

just popping in to say that franco is a buttlord for not fixing my av and making xylo and/or ozma do it. well, seeya

this user has been trolled by Arf

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

detectivemonkey posted:

Jesus Christ you guys no one has said "Yeah I know, I've seen your post history" yet?

soz, i was eating

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

detectivemonkey posted:

I thought everyone knew DR's posting?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Globo-Hitler III posted:

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA that is excellent

It owned

Okay Portals, I looked them up and compared ingredients. FDA requires anything sold in the US have ingredients available, that's why they're on all packaging, and listed on sites. So if you need to look up the ingredients of anything, even if you didn't get it from a US store/site, look for a US store or site.

WnW palette ingredients
Talc , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Dimethicone , Nylon 12 , Magnesium Stearate , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Boron Nitrate , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Methylparaben , Silica , Propylparaben , Polyethylene , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer , Tin Oxide , Mica , Aluminum Powder (CI 77000) , Black 2 (CI 77266) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288) , Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) , Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) , Manganese Violet (CI 77492) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Missha shadows’ ingredients
Mica, Talc, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Dimethicone, Silica, Methicone, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Phenyl Trimethicone, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77861, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate

Therefore, everything in the Missha shadows are safe. There’s a slight chance that the higher amount of talc is what’s causing the reaction, but it’s unlikely.

Soooo
Safe: Mica, Talc, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Dimethicone, Silica, Methicone, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Phenyl Trimethicone, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77861, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate

Potential offenders:
Two aluminum powders (Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate and Aluminum Powder CI 77000)
Magnesium Stearate
Boron Nitrate
Methylparaben
Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)
Trimethylsiloxysilicate

Nylon 12
Tin Oxide
Polyethylene
Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer
Calcium Sodium Borosilicate
Silica Dimethyl Silylate
Ethylhexyl Palmitate
Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)
Carmine (CI 75470)
Black 2 (CI 77266)
Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288)
Ultramarines (CI 77007)

I bolded the ones that I know can be irritants, or that the internet told me are frequently irritants. It could be any of them, or a combination of them, or a combination of one of them an one of the ingrdients that are safe by themselves.

Aluminium powders are one of the most irritation-causing ingredients in shadows. Companies who have to make a cheap-to-produce product use those instead of additional micas, because they're cheaper. They add sparkles/shimmer, mostly. Most likely in all eight shades, unless one is a matte and I just can't see it.

Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide is used to add blue tones. It's definitely in shades 6-8, possibly in shades 3 & 4 This poo poo is bad and the FDA has strict guidelines on how much can be used. It's not only in blue shadows, ingredients that add blue tones are used to add a cool tone or tint to shadows of every shade. Since most of the shadows in Comfort Zone are cool-toned, it's probably in most, if not all of them.

Trimethylsiloxysilicate is a pretty harmless powder added so shadows are easier to apply. People can be allergic to it, though.

Tin Oxide is used to add opacity to shadows with poor pigmentation. It's also used as an abrasive agent in a ton of other things. It's not going to give you cancer, but could easily be what's messing with your eyes.

Polyethylene helps the shadows stay pressed, a moderate amount of people have allergic reactions to it.

Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer Some people have reactions to co-polymers even if they don't have reactions to the original ingredients, like you don't, apparently, in this case. The Missha shadows contain both Dimethicone and Methicone, but not the combined copolymer.

Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) This one contains aluminium as well, which, if you're sensitive to aluminium, might explain why you're having a pretty severe reaction, since that's three different aluminium powders. This poo poo is coaltar (bituminous coal). Lots of more natural cosmetics companies, and a lot of indies, avoid lake dyes for anything besides soap and nail polish, because there's evidence that they bio-accumulate and cause cancer.

Carmine is crushed up bugs D: It's probably in shades 1-4, possibly in 7 and 8. It's not harmful, but a moderate amount of people are allergic to it.

Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288) Definitely present in shades 6 and 8, possibly in shade seven. Not harmful, but a small amount of people have reactions to it.

Ultramarines (CI 77007) The word 'Ultramarines' by itself covers a lot of different ingredients. What identifies the specific ingredient is the INCI name, CI 77007. CI 77007 is another that adds blue tones. Not harmful, but a small amount of people have reactions to it. Definitely present in shade 8.

All of the info for all of the ingredients ever is available through a Google search. If you don't want to look up every ingredient ever (I know I don't), your best bet is to keep the list and continue to compare ingredients, remember that the ingredients are listed in order of how much of them are in the product (WnW palette has talc first, which means it's more talc than anything, while the Missha shadows have mica first, mica being first is the sign of a quality eye shadow, in my experience), and try to buy things with a low number of ingredients in general. The reason the WnW palette has so many more ingredients is because it's cheaper for them to use combinations of cheaper ingredients than it is to use fewer, more expensive ingredients.

Another good idea would be to check out indie shadows, since they usually have 4-7 ingredients total, but I know there are plenty of legit reasons why one wouldn't want to use indie. If you do want to get into indie, I can give you a list of trustworthy, safe, reputable shops that have never had issues.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Stoic Commie fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
copy + pasting for future use