Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Blue Screen Error posted:

Neil Adams as caretaker is heartfelming as gently caress considering how he was treated by Glenn Roeder

Caretaker for the rest of the season or will they get a new manager in asap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Hoops posted:

Off the top of my head I don't know Norwich's fixtures, but it seems a bit late for it to me. There's 5 games to go, I don't think there's time for any possible turnaround from an inexperienced manager. They'll probably be okay anyway, they're 5 points clear.

pik_d posted:

Fulham away, Liverpool home, United away, Chelsea away, Arsenal home. I guess they're hoping the new(ish) manager bounce gets a win over Fulham and that 35 points will be enough?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

euroboy posted:

Perhaps they're waiting for Leeds to sack McDermot.
Edit : or talking to Malky?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Seems pointless to sack Hughton now, they must be banking on the new manager bounce working for the Fulham game and hoping that win will be enough.

Also, what's the furthest into the season a manager has been sacked? I can't remember one so late on.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
A manager willing to have a go at Fulham could well be the difference and Hughton wasn't that manager

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Glad that its arsenal fan hyperbole time.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

euroboy posted:

For the rest of the season I think.

When Roeder was our manager, Neil Adams was co-commentator and fans phone in host on Radio Norfolk, and just starting his career as a coach working with our under 14s or something. After a particularly shocking performance Adams criticised Roeder's team selection and tactics, not in a particularly aggressive manner, and Roeder went mental in a press conference:

oval office posted:

“And yet these nasty, irritating people that try and cause confrontation between myself and a player, between myself and supporters, are just bad people.

“They are people who will never manage a football club, they have little idea of managing a football club and yet they have a voice that reaches our supporters. Me and Huckerby get on very well. I don't have favourites, I don't do favourites. I pick the best team and at the end of the day it is my call.

“It is easy being a manager when you are one of 25,000 sitting in the stand or if you are an ex-player who is now working for the media who will never manage anything better than an under-10 team, thinking he knows best - and you know what I'm talking about, and I will deal with that, trust me.

He went on to get Adams fired because he's a nasty petty oval office.

After Roeder left Adams got his job back and worked his way up to be youth team manager and won the youth cup last season, and now he's a Premier League manager :3:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Malky to Norwich would be proper tasty, imo.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

not not luvd posted:

The lack of fixture congestion has been a huge influence IMO. It's not so much having 5-10 extra games, it's having to frequently play three games in a week.

You've had brilliant luck with injuries to your best players which is obviously partly influenced by the games bit.

United have poo poo the bed, we've been decimated by injuries to our best players, Chelsea are lacking a goalscorer and for some reason City are incredibly lazy and strolling through games.

Admittedly this is how a lot of teams win the league but you asked.

I don't want to take too much away because you have been brilliant this year but it's all coming together perfectly which requires a lot of luck.

E -

I don't know why I bothered to write that much. No injuries, fewer fixtures and poo poo rivals basically.

Here's the difference though, Brendan will expand the squad correctly for europe, Wenger will consider Yaya Sanogo to have really matured this season after his experience against Bayern.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Rip Chris hughton. I saw you once in the jesmond Tesco then you left Newcastle and died.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Nicolas Anelka's dedicated nazi tribute act continues as he flees to South America

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Wenger just needs more time

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Well poo poo, Hughton has gone. Seems a bit silly so late in the season, I reckon they have just finally caved to fan pressure.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Deketh posted:

Well poo poo, Hughton has gone. Seems a bit silly so late in the season, I reckon they have just finally caved to fan pressure.

I dont think they have anything to lose by sacking him, but it seems a bit desperate.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Taff posted:

In 2010 you were saying he could end up being the best player to ever play in the premiership

I saw it when looking for the jozy thread

Just another example of my astute eye for the Beautiful Game

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Deketh posted:

It does seem a bizarre decision from a board normally known for not taking knee jerk reactions.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Norwich have 1 game left that could stop them getting relegated so they need a manager who will give it a go. If it doesn't work out just give the new guy next season

Feral Jesus
Oct 9, 2003
Looking forward to hearing Sol Campbells thoughts on the situation.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

For the rest of the season I think.

When Roeder was our manager, Neil Adams was co-commentator and fans phone in host on Radio Norfolk, and just starting his career as a coach working with our under 14s or something. After a particularly shocking performance Adams criticised Roeder's team selection and tactics, not in a particularly aggressive manner, and Roeder went mental in a press conference:

He went on to get Adams fired because he's a nasty petty oval office.

After Roeder left Adams got his job back and worked his way up to be youth team manager and won the youth cup last season, and now he's a Premier League manager :3:
Tim Sherwood mk II?

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
I think sacking Hughton is a bit pointless at this stage but then again I only watch Norwich twice a season.

Arsenal have 6(7?) games left this season and to be able to call it a success after this mess of a two months they need to win all of them.

I'm really not sure they can.

At least Ramsey looked pretty good when he came on today. I still think Ox tries to force things too much but he was pretty unlucky not to score from 25yards. He should still be starting over Podolski who has been close to worthless this past few months.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

It does seem a bizarre decision from a board normally known for not taking knee jerk reactions.

Darren Huckerby for manager imo

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

sircozzie posted:

I think sacking Hughton is a bit pointless at this stage but then again I only watch Norwich twice a season.

Arsenal have 6(7?) games left this season and to be able to call it a success after this mess of a two months they need to win all of them.

I'm really not sure they can.

At least Ramsey looked pretty good when he came on today. I still think Ox tries to force things too much but he was pretty unlucky not to score from 25yards. He should still be starting over Podolski who has been close to worthless this past few months.

Podolski and Cazorla are rubbish and should not be starting

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

This season began with Di Canio and it will end with Di Canio.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat

jooky posted:

Podolski and Cazorla are rubbish and should not be starting

Cazorla's been hit or miss during this awful period but he's certainly not rubbish. It's difficult to bench him at the moment too considering the injuries we have in midfield.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

blue footed boobie posted:

Glad that its arsenal fan hyperbole time.

As fun as it is playing the Above It All poster, in what way are we not in an a bit of a crisis? It's been the same story for too many years FA Cup or no.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

not not luvd posted:

Or huge luck with injuries and no European games. It's making me think for sure.

I know this is a while back and the no Europe thing is right but I don't know why people think we haven't had injuries this season; Enrique, Johnson, Agger, Sakho, Cissokho, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Coutinho, Sterling and Sturridge have all been out for extended periods at one time or another, which is basically the entire team (not even including missing the best player in the league for five games at the start because that was his fault)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

irlZaphod posted:

Man United can now no longer mathematically retain the title.

lol nice

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

not not luvd posted:

As fun as it is playing the Above It All poster, in what way are we not in an a bit of a crisis? It's been the same story for too many years FA Cup or no.

It's shocking to me that for a club with Arsenal's expectations they've bought about, what, one world class player in the past five plus years?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

What the hell are you talking about I've been saying we should sack Wenger all day. I literally posted it at least 40 times in the mdt.

E: Oh you misunderstood. I was saying it was time to talk about arsenal fans hyperbolically.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

not not luvd posted:

Or huge luck with injuries and no European games. It's making me think for sure.

Should have signed players in all the places the squad needed depth instead of spunking it on a luxury player in the one place the squad didn't need it

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

sircozzie posted:

Cazorla's been hit or miss during this awful period but he's certainly not rubbish. It's difficult to bench him at the moment too considering the injuries we have in midfield.

Gnabry could easily start ahead of Cazorla

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Jose posted:

Should have signed players in all the places the squad needed depth instead of spunking it on a luxury player in the one place the squad didn't need it

Kim Källstrom

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jooky posted:

Kim Källstrom

I meant to ask in the match day thread if he'd played yet and forgot

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Hoops posted:

Well we've pretty much avoided injuries the whole season, particularly to the most important players. But then again Suarez was banned for the start of the season, so that was "unlucky" in the sense our best player did something mental and got banned.

What's characterised Liverpools season is massive scorelines and pretty much all those games had nothing to do with luck.

Enrique got a season ending injury and Sturridge, Sterling, Allen, Lucas, Johnson, Agger, Sakho and Cissokho have all missed games in an already thin squad. We've had a 16 year old who'd only just been promoted to the reserves as the only midfielder on the bench for a couple of games this season. Given that Suarez is indestructible and only misses games due to his own insanity I don't think we've been particularly lucky at all.

not not luvd posted:

Maybe we're not talking about the same posts. It's a pointless discussion anyway. If you don't think Liverpool have been fantastically lucky this season (while still deserving a lot of credit and playing brilliantly) we're not really going to get anywhere.

All we need to remember is that Arsenal Are poo poo.

There's a difference between being lucky with injuries and having the sense not to pay Diaby 50k a week.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

blue footed boobie posted:

What the hell are you talking about I've been saying we should sack Wenger all day. I literally posted it at least 40 times in the mdt.

E: Oh you misunderstood. I was saying it was time to talk about arsenal fans hyperbolically.

Ahhh sorry. Yeah I misunderstood.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Scudamore is going to pull a Bernie Ecclestone and award United double points in the last game.

Get your bets in now for best and tastiest odds.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Scudamore is going to pull a Bernie Ecclestone and award United double points in the last game.

Get your bets in now for best and tastiest odds.

I realise this season has made you lose the plot and all but at least post in the right thread about this kind of stuff, La Liga is really bad

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Taff posted:

In 2010 you were saying he could end up being the best player to ever play in the premiership

I saw it when looking for the jozy thread

Woah

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

We've been playing Flani Alves out of position for months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I feel bad for Hughton because I smiled at him being twatted by one of those clappers in slow motion on Match of the Day.

• Locked thread