Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Yeah, I couldn't tell if it was original. Someone there ID'd it and was pretty impressed, dunno if he knew much more than I did though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Roadkill is amazing. The segment where they take the General Mayhem on the highway the first time had me rolling.

Those moments when they go, "What's that clunk," ponder it for a moment, and then shrug saying "It'll fall off eventually" are the essence of that show.

I can't wait to see what they do with the Draguar.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

El Macho Grande going around corners on its door handles, towing a trailer, is simply amazing.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
"We thought it would handle like a refrigerator full of bowling balls, but it was worse. It handled like a nun carrying a mattress."

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

InitialDave posted:

The exact opposite of :ughh:.

Best part

"@JeremyClarkson Sorry neighbour but I think, for once, I got there before you."

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Willing to bet that he says 'warp nine...engage!' or something to that effect literally every time he floors it, regardless of whether he has a passenger.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Slavvy posted:

Willing to bet that he says 'warp nine...engage!' or something to that effect literally every time he floors it, regardless of whether he has a passenger.

But I thought he hated that whole star trek thing.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

If his other appearances have taught me anything it's that Patrick Stewart will do anything to get laid.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Slavvy posted:

If his other appearances have taught me anything it's that Patrick Stewart will do anything to get laid.

I don't think Patrick Stewart needs to do anything to get laid.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Boomerjinks posted:

Those moments when they go, "What's that clunk," ponder it for a moment, and then shrug saying "It'll fall off eventually" are the essence of that show.

Welcome to my daily commute. :smug:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I think this belongs here but I'm not sure

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

Definitely the right thread.

What car is that?

Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

Definitely the right thread.

What car is that?

E46 BMW.

(of course)

Every part of me wishes they had hooked up the buttons to do... something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stardotstar posted:

E46 BMW.

(of course)

http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=283268

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Stardotstar posted:

E46 BMW.

(of course)

Integrate it with this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OJImmdbjiY

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Haha holy poo poo, I remember that was the basis/OP for the original Terrible Car poo poo thread. E: Wait no, that's something different.

Still terrible, though. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fucknag posted:

Haha holy poo poo, I remember that was the basis/OP for the original Terrible Car poo poo thread. E: Wait no, that's something different.

Still terrible, though. :colbert:

This is not the first nor will it be the last time someone mounts a remote air soft/paintball gun in their grill.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Rhyno posted:

This is not the first nor will it be the last time someone mounts a remote air soft/paintball gun in their grill.

This and the vwvortex thread with the guy that rolled his booted-by-HOA car into his garage and was accused of holding the boots hostage are the best car stories.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

atomicthumbs posted:

loving awesome joystick in a loving awesome car.

For sure belongs in this thread.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

atomicthumbs posted:

Please tell me the buttons do something. I don't care what as long as the trigger makes machine gun sounds.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Stardotstar posted:

E46 BMW.

(of course)

Hydraulic amplifier on the trigger hooked up to the clutch :getin:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I spy with my little eye, something beginning with 9... 24 Carrera GTS. :fap:

(middle far left next to the M1)

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Ah to be so rich that you need a car shelf for your car collection.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Man imagine having enough cash to own what is basically a car vending machine...

Also I hope this works. Why is it always Lambos?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=756361264382467

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 7, 2014

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
Ok, so it was awesome for me.

Mike Brewer from Wheeler Dealers was in town filming for his 'Trading Up' series. The local Cars and Coffee organizers asked for 60's and earlier classics and any year Corvette to show up at the normal venue. It ended up being invite only limited 300 cars. I managed to snag an invite for my '61 T-Bird. The weather in Austin was poo poo Sunday morning. We were supposed to get there around 8am but at 7:30 it was still raining. There was a short break in the rain and I made a dash for the Oasis. BTW, in the rain the T-Bird can do some wicked drifts around corners. Everyone showed up by 8:30. At about 8:45 the organizers started yelling that a big storm cell was headed our way with possible hail. Queue nearly 300 cars trying to jam into a parking garage all at once.

Surprisingly it took under 10 minutes and everyone was safe when the rain showed up. No hail though. Texans are paranoid as poo poo about hail.

Around 9:30 the film crew showed up and started filming b-roll stuff. About 10AM Mike showed up and started his thing. The intro, shots of him walking around, looking at cars and stuff. Filming in the garage was not fun for the crew. The light sucked and they had no lighting rigs. He stopped to look at my buddy's Camaro while we stood there. We were told don't look at the cameras or Mike. Act like he's just a dude. After that shot he started talking to my buddy off camera and after a few minutes of going over the car offered to buy it on the spot. Not for the show, but for himself. My buddy turned him down even after he raised his offer twice.

They moved to the next level to film more 'searching' and the 'offer' on a C3 'Vette. During this part they used the front of my car as a mark for Mike to start walking from. Pictured below.

After filming wrapped I asked Mike for a pic with me, my wife, and the car. He came right over and talked for a bit before heading off to film some more. He was amazingly gracious and took time to listen to all his fan's stories. He spent nearly 30 minutes just taking pics with people. I liked him before on the show, he's even better in person. Hearing some of the behind the scenes stuff and how low budget their show really is was fun.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

What is the Camaro that he was so interested in?

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

'68 with a 383 / 4 speed / Moser 12 bolt. Runs like a raped ape. In person it has a lot of character.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73kALf6IMvM&t=207s
(3:27)

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Kill-9 posted:

Runs like a raped ape.
I honestly can't tell if that's a good thing. Like, the ape got raped a bit and then ran away really fast, or the ape got brutally raped and now runs poorly due to the trauma? How raped an ape are we talking?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I'm pretty sure it usually means "really fast", since the sheer adrenaline coursing through the ape's body would enable it to run at top speed despite whatever rectal trauma it had suffered.

Of course in the long view that may also mean a spectacular breakdown at some point, but it never comes up.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

Slugworth posted:

I honestly can't tell if that's a good thing. Like, the ape got raped a bit and then ran away really fast, or the ape got brutally raped and now runs poorly due to the trauma? How raped an ape are we talking?

Panty Saluter posted:

I'm pretty sure it usually means "really fast", since the sheer adrenaline coursing through the ape's body would enable it to run at top speed despite whatever rectal trauma it had suffered.

Of course in the long view that may also mean a spectacular breakdown at some point, but it never comes up.

I've always understood and used it to mean "it's scarily fast". I never really thought about the rectal trauma angle. Are we assuming it's a male ape? Now I'm trying to figure out if a raped ape is faster than a non-raped ape.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

Kill-9 posted:

Now I'm trying to figure out if a raped ape is faster than a non-raped ape.

Only one way to find out. After the data is collected, we can also compare the scientific results to that wonderful Camaro.

Edit: Idiot who types too fast.

atothesquiz fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 8, 2014

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Kill-9 posted:

I've always understood and used it to mean "it's scarily fast". I never really thought about the rectal trauma angle. Are we assuming it's a male ape? Now I'm trying to figure out if a raped ape is faster than a non-raped ape.

It's be very expensive if the apes kept running off after each test. You'd need to fit them with a raped ape brake.

First automotive GIS result:

You wouldn't want to decelerate the apes too much, so you'd first have to establish a raped ape brake rate.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Please don't.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's a few seconds of neat in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiZx1HKE3UE&t=57s

Around the 1:00 mark they film a (wet) burnout, you can see the tire begin to pile up for a few frames before it breaks free and starts to spin.

Tires are magic to me.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

Found the only pic I could of the other side of the car. With bonus purple Barracuda. Mike Brewer said don't even bother trying to paint match 30 year old paint and leave the primered fender just like it is. He said it tells a story and makes it look more 'authentic'.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Beach Bum posted:

One of my all-time favorite cars in the SCCA Region I race in just hit a milestone. He had to put a new motor in because he was "only making around 430 at the wheels these days".

At first I was like "that car looks familiar, and then I saw the tags and I was like "poo poo, I've seen that car a few times," It is pretty rad and looks monstrously wide in person.

for content Here's a dump of some quirky cars.

https://static.squarespace.com/static/51c8f3e9e4b0244009e02e90/53431036e4b0907609b1e0a8/53431051e4b03ef52d7a7278/1396904057637/07_2009_64.JPG?format=1000w

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Swamp Rat 37

6 motor, 2,000hp in the batteries. Yes, it's electric.

Plan is to get Big Daddy the first over 200mph in the 1/4 in an electric car.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Leroy Diplowski posted:

At first I was like "that car looks familiar, and then I saw the tags and I was like "poo poo, I've seen that car a few times," It is pretty rad and looks monstrously wide in person.

for content Here's a dump of some quirky cars.

Hey, I know these guys! That NX is long gone now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Slavvy posted:

Tailfins integrated into the doors. Truly the golden age is behind us.