Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Serperoth posted:

I tried installing Sengoku but it wasn't working, so when Rajas patches up I'll give it another shot.

Sengoku doesn't work with Rajas at the moment.

I have a version running but it's buggy and the very useful designate heir function doesn't work for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

Autonomous Monster posted:

Unless something's changed in the last patch or so, LC are one of the weakest troop types and any retinue built around them is right at the bottom of the pack.

Offensive light cavalry isn't terrible as LC is an all-out offence troop type, so it's basically improving the one thing they're good at. Defensive light cavalry is absolute shite though and the only thing worse is light infantry.

How good are camel warriors?

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I feel like I'd be willing buy offencive light cav if they were 500 cap per. At 1000 though there's no chance they're worth it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Riso posted:

I have a version running but it's buggy and the very useful designate heir function doesn't work for me.

Guess there's more waiting on my part then. The patch should be coming within the week right?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

DrSunshine posted:

That'd be Olafolaf, who posted about it not too many pages ago. I think he's currently working on making it compatible with the latest patch.

Also, there's me! I'm making a fantasy total conversion mod that isn't based on any pre-existing franchise at all, but I'm currently waiting for the patch to come out of beta so I don't have to do all the work to make it beta-compatible and then have to make it patch-compatible too.

There is SO MUCH STUFF that needs to be updated :(

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

dPB posted:

The only thing I've noticed is that making a merchant republic will sometimes screw around with inheritances and if you have elective succession sometimes you won't be able to nominate your children. You may also find older male relatives disappearing from your court because they've become the patrician. This should only apply to unlanded dynasty members though.

monster on a stick posted:

I've also seen straight stuff like the heir to Dogeship of Venice being married to the Queen of Hungary because they were of the same dynasty.

If you do make some distant cousin the first Doge of a Republic, though, they seem to do well because of the added prestige.

By the way, speaking of merchant republics, I thought the Doge always had to be male? I noticed in my last game that one of mine had a female Doge about three times in a row.

Thanks. I was worried that with Seniority succession the Republic title would ping all over my dynasty messing things up, making counts suddenly Doges etc. It sounds like this isn't a likely issue. I presume the heir nomination thing focuses on direct relations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Feudal relatives are disqualified from Dogeship.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Feudal relatives are disqualified from Dogeship.

Last I tried(a week or so ago) giving baronies or counties to relatives didn't stop them from inheriting the republic.
Opposite is true though - Doge is removed from feudal succession.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pyromancer posted:

Last I tried(a week or so ago) giving baronies or counties to relatives didn't stop them from inheriting the republic.
Opposite is true though - Doge is removed from feudal succession.

If they are already your vassal, the rules are different.

Jabu
Feb 11, 2004

There are no heroes left in man

Bishop Rodan posted:

How good are camel warriors?

Stats-wise, pretty good. Like heavy infantry that isn't crap in skirmish.

But it's kinda hard to get an idea for how good they actually are when they're not currently associated with any tactics at all.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I am playing a game as Rome because why not and got the spawn of satan event chain for my new heir. I died shortly after that and he took over and thing went pretty great from there. A little while after taking over most of my vassals rebelled which was fine because they didn't have much chance against 20,000 cataphracts and a leader who listened to Jesus for military advice and had like 45 military skill. After crushing the rebellion and finding like 60 of my vassals now in jail I began getting oil up the rack events constantly. Since I am Satan spawn I can't decline and I wouldn't really want to. This is probably the best event chain ever. I have no idea how many people have died at my emperors hand.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

I've seen somewhere that you can request crusades. How can you do this?

Caik
Oct 3, 2013
Does the Steam Workshop work for you? It crashes the game on startup every time I activate any mod downloaded from it

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Caik posted:

Does the Steam Workshop work for you? It crashes the game on startup every time I activate any mod downloaded from it

Is this on the beta patch? There's something in the beta patch notes about fixing a crashing bug with Steam Workshop.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

It just plain doesn't work for me. None of the mods I subscribe to even show up.

Caik
Oct 3, 2013

Chalks posted:

Is this on the beta patch? There's something in the beta patch notes about fixing a crashing bug with Steam Workshop.

Yes, with the new beta patch. The mods show up now, but it still crashes if i try to start the game with any of them active.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Nightblade posted:

The beta patch should be compatible with achievements. I got the one for holding the empires of Persia and Rajastan using the beta patch, although I did start that game before the patch.

It didn't for me, but it could be since I'm playing it on Linux. There's been issues with checksums being different on Linux before, and I commonly experienced the first digit of the checksum to change after starting the game and resigning.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Shadeoses posted:

There is SO MUCH STUFF that needs to be updated :(

At one point I was considering just setting modding aside for a while until Paradox announced that it would not be developing any more new patches for CK2. The pain of having to re-update a big mod like mine or yours every time a new patch comes out is just so tiresome and so annoying, and it really kind of takes the wind out of my sails for modding to have to go through it every time. I want to keep developing new stuff, not fiddle with old stuff.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

That'd be Olafolaf, who posted about it not too many pages ago. I think he's currently working on making it compatible with the latest patch.
The post-apocalyptic thing, not the New York thing, but yeah, I'm working on that. It's progressing, but at a slow rate-- I'm only just working on counties in Georgia right now, and I haven't even defined rulers for like half of what I've got:

DrSunshine posted:

At one point I was considering just setting modding aside for a while until Paradox announced that it would not be developing any more new patches for CK2. The pain of having to re-update a big mod like mine or yours every time a new patch comes out is just so tiresome and so annoying, and it really kind of takes the wind out of my sails for modding to have to go through it every time. I want to keep developing new stuff, not fiddle with old stuff.
The trick is to be at a point where events and decisions haven't been touched at all yet and it's just title and province histories being worked on, and you'll never have to worry about about updating anything aside from defines.lua :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Ofaloaf posted:

The trick is to be at a point where events and decisions haven't been touched at all yet and it's just title and province histories being worked on, and you'll never have to worry about about updating anything aside from defines.lua :v:

Sadly, I'm the fool who wanted to make a mod that was "playable out of the box" instead of "stuck in development hell forever". :smith:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Sadly, I'm the fool who wanted to make a mod that was "playable out of the box" instead of "stuck in development hell forever". :smith:
Releasing games while still in development hell is all the rage these days, you should jump on that wagon and save yourself some work.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Ofaloaf posted:

The post-apocalyptic thing, not the New York thing, but yeah, I'm working on that. It's progressing, but at a slow rate-- I'm only just working on counties in Georgia right now, and I haven't even defined rulers for like half of what I've got:

If you ever consider expanding into Canada, the real-life borders of Ontario's counties are pretty... interesting:

Good luck making pretty borders with those bad boys. :kheldragar:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

DStecks posted:

Good luck making pretty borders with those bad boys. :kheldragar:
Joke's on you, I've been ignoring modern administrative borders this whole time. Canada also has the positive of having actual coats of arms for all the cities and counties, as opposed to US municipalities which, if I'm lucky, have a little seal on a field of blue and the words 'PODUNK COUNTY 1856' as their flag.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Do revolts get armies out of no where or do they just regen troops at a way faster rate than I do? I go and kill like 5-6 10k or 15k stacks in quick sucession and they seemingly have more stacks hiding around every fog of war. Killing their entire armies time and time again doesn't seem to move war score that much but if you occupy 1 holding of mine they get like 5% warscore for each of them. They are just annoying to deal with and not a real difficulty and it is really unfun. Being a defender in a war seems really unbalanced towards the attacker who needs vastly less actually achieved to win. This happens even when the defender has completely outclassed the attacker. I can win every god drat battle and killed 10x the amount of their men that they killed of mine and the war score barely ticks.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Ofaloaf posted:

Joke's on you, I've been ignoring modern administrative borders this whole time. Canada also has the positive of having actual coats of arms for all the cities and counties, as opposed to US municipalities which, if I'm lucky, have a little seal on a field of blue and the words 'PODUNK COUNTY 1856' as their flag.

You could try looking up the local Catholic diocese's coat of arms, they at least tend to look more legit. The downside to this is that it kinda forces you to make them Catholic, unless you just use them as a base to expand from.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Drone posted:

You could try looking up the local Catholic diocese's coat of arms, they at least tend to look more legit. The downside to this is that it kinda forces you to make them Catholic, unless you just use them as a base to expand from.

He has been.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Ofaloaf posted:

Joke's on you, I've been ignoring modern administrative borders this whole time.

I noticed that, which is why I said "if". I just felt like remarking that there's no way you could cut that up into polities without the borders looking horrendous.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Using the beta patch on a save with the bugged Indian religion revolt risks doesn't end them or put a expiration date on them. What's the console command to type to end them?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Regarding the beta patch: DON'T go hunting if you're craven or slothful. It's pointless.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

double nine posted:

Regarding the beta patch: DON'T go hunting if you're craven or slothful. It's pointless.

What's the best way to get rid of craven with the most recent beta patch?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

TTBF posted:

Using the beta patch on a save with the bugged Indian religion revolt risks doesn't end them or put a expiration date on them. What's the console command to type to end them?

There won't be a console command to end them specifically. You could fire the event that removes it... which, uh, appears to have disappeared :v:... but that only cleared one province at a time. You'd be better off writing a custom event that just removed the modifier from every province in the world at once. Try this:

code:
character_event = {
	id = Goon.0001
	desc = EVTDESC_Goon_0001
	picture = GFX_evt_bishop
	border = GFX_event_normal_frame_religion
	major = yes

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = EVTOPTA_Goon_0001
		any_demesne_province = { remove_province_modifier = religious_unrest }
	}
}
I haven't done much event scripting for CK2, but I think this should fire for every character in the game, when you trigger it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Autonomous Monster posted:

There won't be a console command to end them specifically. You could fire the event that removes it... which, uh, appears to have disappeared :v:... but that only cleared one province at a time. You'd be better off writing a custom event that just removed the modifier from every province in the world at once. Try this:

code:
character_event = {
	id = Goon.0001
	desc = EVTDESC_Goon_0001
	picture = GFX_evt_bishop
	border = GFX_event_normal_frame_religion
	major = yes

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = EVTOPTA_Goon_0001
		any_demesne_province = { remove_province_modifier = religious_unrest }
	}
}
I haven't done much event scripting for CK2, but I think this should fire for every character in the game, when you trigger it.

You need to add this to the top of the file:

code:
namespace = Goon
Otherwise it will cause all kinds of problems.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

SeaTard posted:

You need to add this to the top of the file:

code:
namespace = Goon
Otherwise it will cause all kinds of problems.

Whoops! :v:

Thanks. Turns out it doesn't work anyway. :shrug:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Has anyone actually managed to be reincarnated yet? Does the one being reincarnated in question have to be Hindu/Jain/Buddhist?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Riso posted:

It should be as simple as adding has_heir_designation = yes to the common/religions file for your religion. At least that's all it took for it to work for Cathar for me.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Ofaloaf posted:

This is looking good and coming along at a decent enough pace. Soon you'll be done with the most densely populated areas also (until you hit California) and you can probably justify making larger and fewer provinces in the mid-west, pacific NW and the South west along the mexican border. Are you planning on doing anything with Mexico? Obviously not include it all though. I also see you got the tuskegeean portraits working

Also stupid idea to involve Canada: Mountie Invasion
Or sentient grizzly-polar bear hybrid invasion

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 7, 2014

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

Randarkman posted:

This is looking good and coming along at a decent enough pace. Soon you'll be done with the most densely populated areas also (until you hit California) and you can probably justify making larger and fewer provinces in the mid-west, pacific NW and the South west along the mexican border. Are you planning on doing anything with Mexico? Obviously not include it all though. I also see you got the tuskegeean portraits working

Also stupid idea to involve Canada: Mountie Invasion
Or sentient grizzly-polar bear hybrid invasion

Add a Canadian culture with a Mountie special unit.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Give the mounties the Hashashin events. They always get their man.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I was wondering if there was a place to discuss multiplayer games. I took a look through the OP but didn't see anything about it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Raserys posted:

Has anyone actually managed to be reincarnated yet? Does the one being reincarnated in question have to be Hindu/Jain/Buddhist?

According to the event files it's any indian group religion, male only and no one in your immediate family can have been reincarnated. There's something based on whether your father is alive or not, but I don't understand it. Maybe that's why it's rare: your father has to die before you are born.

• Locked thread