Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

Apparently his hotel got mad at him for recording after hours AGAIN so he's recording in some dude's car. Is it that hard to lower your voice dude?

But will he be able to get RILLY RILLY MAD about something if his voice is down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

HulkaMatt posted:

THE PUNCHSPORT PODCAST: WRESTLEMANIA XXX

HOSTS: The Goog, MRP, KungFu Grip, HulkaMatt, NutBunnies, yea ok

WRESTLEMANIA REVIEW. 6 HOSTS. WACKY.

CC is back. Awesome.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

I was hoping you guys got jeffersonlives after I saw you ask him on twitter to join you, but I'll still def give this one a listen.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

weekly font posted:

Yeah, same. I think it's a fantastic podcast and I got what they were going for with the joke it was just presented poorly. Apparently Bass filed a sexual harassment lawsuit when she left WWF and they were joking about how much of a beast she is but it came off bad. I'm not sure the word "rape" was ever used though.

Yeah to be fair, and this is very thin, no one says rape. The harassment story comes up and they just joke about why someone would. But it's like 30 seconds in a 2 hour show, it's not really worth considering.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

bryan's cell phone makes this observer radio almost unlistenable

yeah, got a few minutes in, turned it off

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I thought it was a surprise Todd appearance at first

Edit: Also, if this is really the day that gets the most traffic & signups, I bet that podcast turned a lot of people off. That would be an awful first impression.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 7, 2014

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dave's phone ringing every ten seconds was really annoying too.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

LividLiquid posted:

We're taking a break from the show after this Wrestlemania. Find out why, maybe? Or don't.

But Worked Shoot Radio is kaputski for a bit. Here's our last show. Hope you enjoy it.

http://shootcast.org/wwe-wrestlemania-for-04-06-14/

or direct MP3 link:

http://shootcast.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/040614-WorkedShootRadio.mp3

Yeah you should probably quit if you were honestly too jaded to enjoy bryan winning clean in a great match, hth.

The entire thing with HHH stripping the title was that he had set an elaborate trap for bryan with paying off Scott armstrong (who had been clearly established as in HHH's pocket months previously btw, not sure why you thought this hadn't been adressed until tonight) to cheat in bryan's favour so that he had grounds to strip him of the title. He cheated to do it but technically he was following the rules. Just taking the title off him when he won clean as a sheet would make 0 sense because then the belt is meaningless.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 7, 2014

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

We're not quitting. Just taking a break. Because, yes, we are getting a little jaded.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Where was my good night, MRT?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

LividLiquid posted:

We're not quitting. Just taking a break. Because, yes, we are getting a little jaded.

I think you need someone on there who isn't as jaded because the show is an echo chamber. Dissenting opinions yall.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

weekly font posted:

I think you need someone on there who isn't as jaded because the show is an echo chamber. Dissenting opinions yall.
That's one of the reasons Jairo joined, and then we made him jaded too.

We'll be back when we can find enjoyment in good things again.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
For as bad as Bryan sounds, Dave sounds great quality wise.

EDIT: I take it back haha

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 7, 2014

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
OH NO

BRYAN AND ED

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

OH NO

BRYAN AND ED

it's better than you think, and i thought, and anyone would think

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

yea ok posted:

it's better than you think, and i thought, and anyone would think

Yea I might actually check out that Ed and Craig show because I was surprised by how much I didn't hate this.

I appreciate how both of those guys are just fans and don't try to wrongly assume how other people think/feel like Dave and Bryan tend to.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Good Listener posted:

For as bad as Bryan sounds, Dave sounds great quality wise.

EDIT: I take it back haha

Dave must have some really bad internet because every time they have him on Skype he chops out horribly

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea I might actually check out that Ed and Craig show because I was surprised by how much I didn't hate this.

i would recommend not doing this

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The audio on the latest F4W is pretty bad but there were some good nuggets in there. I've come to accept and like the idiosyncrasies of most of the Wrestling Observer folks, from Bryan's constant yelling and insane theories to Dave's uncanny ability to not answer a question, but I just cannot stand Mike's nerdy "er, um, ah, errrrrr" stammering whenever he's trying to talk. SPIT IT OUT

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

Cardboard Box posted:

Dave must have some really bad internet because every time they have him on Skype he chops out horribly

I think this one actually had to do with all the noise on Bryan's line. All that wind noise tends to screw with Skype horribly, and I noticed Dave was only breaking up when the wind noise was at its most audible.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bryan and Ed was good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

There is a good chance Dave is still on 14.4.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

There is a good chance Dave is still on 14.4.

If it wasn't for the fact he subscribed to WWE and UFC's online services I'd honestly believe this was possible.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

Bray will never amount to poo poo with Extremely Great Wrestlemania Entrance.

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

That was a drat good episode. That said, the 'lol who'd want to rape nicole bass???' bit was gross as gently caress. Is it possible for any wrestling podcast to discuss that sort of thing without getting weird about it?

The Attitude Era Podcast has been taking Lawler to task for all his innuendos on the shows they've covered, and really any angle with a lot of sleaze in it. Their next episode is the Test-Stephanie wedding, and I can't wait to see how that's going to go.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I just got to say it was hilarious being in the skype call listening to The Goog's reaction to the Undertaker losing

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I just got to say it was hilarious being in the skype call listening to The Goog's reaction to the Undertaker losing

Same, it was just the best.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Diddums posted:

The Attitude Era Podcast has been taking Lawler to task for all his innuendos on the shows they've covered, and really any angle with a lot of sleaze in it. Their next episode is the Test-Stephanie wedding, and I can't wait to see how that's going to go.

Speaking of which, Survivor Series 99 is up now, with a Keenen and Kel remix of Stone Cold being run down.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

this recent Observer Radio was much more listenable, Bryan was very aware to make sure there wasn't wind blowing in his phone

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

this recent Observer Radio was much more listenable, Bryan was very aware to make sure there wasn't wind blowing in his phone

I loved the cliffhanger ending. I can't wait to find out what happens on the next episode.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

I Before E posted:

What wasn't the best was me being so far behind everyone, drat you Chrome stream!!! :argh:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MassRafTer posted:

I loved the cliffhanger ending. I can't wait to find out what happens on the next episode.

Wyatts killed Sempervive.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

Hello? Is anybody there?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I do appreciate that Bryan did a Raw rundown since the Mania and Raw coverage was otherwise poor. I almost feel like Bryan being there detracts from the show.

I feel like it would be fine though if Mike would just look at a report and go over it instead of just skipping around and missing tons of stuff.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 9, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Austin's interview with Lita was so superior to JR's it's almost unbelievable. About the only downside to it was that Kevin Nash shows up at one point and is apparently just making himself at home while they're trying to continue and it clearly distracts Austin somewhat.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

I Before E posted:

You're mean. :(

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Daniel Bryan posted:

I do appreciate that Bryan did a Raw rundown since the Mania and Raw coverage was otherwise poor. I almost feel like Bryan being there detracts from the show.

I feel like it would be fine though if Mike would just look at a report and go over it instead of just skipping around and missing tons of stuff.

Yeah, I missed them just breaking down the show segment-by-segment. Without Bryan running the show it does drift a bit. Makes you appreciate the little guy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Except Mike clearly HAD a breakdown in front of him. He goes over it to figure out if they missed anything. I get maybe just wanting to discuss the things that were 'important' but it gets kind of rambly and unstructured unless you're really good at reining that kind of thing in. And Mike isn't. Exhibits 1 - infinity: WOR Sin Limite.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
God the Network numbers at the beginning of the April 8th Observer show went on way too long, okay we get it, you have opinions, it's not too good, not too bad, they wont get 6 million, just move on.

Second on the Stone Cold Podcast, how come my pod catcher misses some episodes? I see episode 88 available on the website but it's not on my feed, is that just to drive website traffic?

Then there's episodes that are just gone from the website and the podcatcher, what gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

maniacripper posted:

God the Network numbers at the beginning of the April 8th Observer show went on way too long, okay we get it, you have opinions, it's not too good, not too bad, they wont get 6 million, just move on.

Second on the Stone Cold Podcast, how come my pod catcher misses some episodes? I see episode 88 available on the website but it's not on my feed, is that just to drive website traffic?

Then there's episodes that are just gone from the website and the podcatcher, what gives?

Are you subscribing to both podcasts? He does a regular show then the Unleashed version as well. Both have separate feeds yet they both work off the same episode lists.

• Locked thread