Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

trucutru posted:

Meh, everyday I feel more like a lab rat running inside some sort of contraption that doesn't let me advance. In the current PvP tourney I basically earn 25 points per match but lose 26 by two attacks every drat time. I was hovering at 540 points for an hour until I said gently caress it, it is not like gray widow is going to replace my OBW anytime soon.

This sums up the last 12 hours of the cap tourney for me. I got to 591 points, get into a match, win, and oh hey I just got attacked twice and my points didn't budge. I did it over and over for an hour till I ran out of heals and then, when I finally have an easy matchup, the enemy OBW gets a cascade of 5 criticals and insta wipes my Thor from full health to 0.
I just wanted a Yellow Thor damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
New patch is out. To see how your individual alliance member performance you have to go to your alliance rank in the event and click your score. Also I hope the chat messages are persistent or otherwise what's the point?

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I'm gonna bow out of agents of goon, too much other stuff going on for me to play this game enough.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002
Went to bed at 25, woke up at 200. Half an hour later I'm at 15. There's only like 50 points separating the 10 people around me.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
These new Critical gems look kinda silly and out of place. Were the big M(arvel) blocks that confusing?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
What heroes are you goons using for the grey widow tournament?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Grey Widow, Ares, Daken so far, but I probably ought to use C. Storm instead of Ares.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I will probably use Patch, Punisher, OBW.

That's mainly because Patch (130) and Punisher (105) are my only 2 covers higher than level 85 though. They're also my only 3* with 13 covers.

AntiZorn
Sep 23, 2007
Pillbug
The wife and I have an alliance running and now that we can see individual scores, we purged the pubbie slackers and want to replace them with goon slackers. Alliance name is the Mathletes if you're interested; we'll probably start buying additional slots soon.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

gromdul posted:

What heroes are you goons using for the grey widow tournament?

Modern Storm and Spider-Man. Stick to the oasis map for a never ending stream of sniper shots.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
I think I was happier not knowing that one of our members hasn't done anything in the PVE event at all.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sefer posted:

I think I was happier not knowing that one of our members hasn't done anything in the PVE event at all.

Do the only thing you can do at this point: Use the new alliance chat to shame them.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Do the only thing you can do at this point: Use the new alliance chat to shame them.

That works unless he's stopped playing the game entirely; he hasn't posted in this thread for a few weeks now.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
GoonStyle has an open slot for a high level player

Sefer posted:

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. I was going to boot him but he's a commander.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
^^ Yeah, I don't think that's really on. Sets an awful bad precedent and opens the likes of me open to booting just because someone feels I'm not pulling my weight, which I am currently of course, but I'm not likely to mash away at every single event.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Is anyone else having trouble installing this update for Android? I attempt to update it, it downloads 8.99 MB of the update, then tries to install it before finishing the download, and then gives an error that says, "Application cannot be installed in the default install location". I have tried restarting the phone, but hasn't helped.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Guys! I am almost a third of the way in points for the red lazy cap award! ALMOST THERE!

Depriest
Jan 9, 2002
Grand Master B
Any spots open in any Alliances? I play just about every day, and would be more than willing to buy another spot. In game name is ATF_Renton.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

You can join us in bad alliance if you want we have a spot open.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

AntiZorn posted:

The wife and I have an alliance running and now that we can see individual scores, we purged the pubbie slackers and want to replace them with goon slackers. Alliance name is the Mathletes if you're interested; we'll probably start buying additional slots soon.

I'll join. I'm not so much a constant slacker as "periods of daily play followed by weeks of nothing when something shiny distracts me". In-game name's Bruceski.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Depriest posted:

Any spots open in any Alliances? I play just about every day, and would be more than willing to buy another spot. In game name is ATF_Renton.

There's a spot in 'Hired Goons' - especially if you want to expand it to 8 people (800hp). Been just about getting into HP alliance prizes in most events

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

retro sexual posted:

There's a spot in 'Hired Goons' - especially if you want to expand it to 8 people (800hp). Been just about getting into HP alliance prizes in most events
I just applied to you guys. It'll take me a bit to earn the HP, but I'm a frequent player.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Mr. Whale plays a lot of Marvel Heroes with the goons. If any of ya'll have him on steam or ply Marvel Heroes, bother him for me. :love:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I do get knocked down to like top 75 or so, but it's not drastic. Like, 1,000 points will easily put me back to top 30 or so and then a few more missions and I'm back to top 10.

I suppose it's a matter of timezone, like you said. It ends at 1 pm for me so I probably should be able to stay within top 50. No chance of me getting Wolverine X but I don't even have a single cover for him anyways so I see it as me saving a cover slot.

I went from not having a Lazy Cap to being at #10 with ~50k points in the last 12 hours. I'm not sure anybody is gonna crack 60k in this event. It's weird.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arschlochkind posted:

I went from not having a Lazy Cap to being at #10 with ~50k points in the last 12 hours. I'm not sure anybody is gonna crack 60k in this event. It's weird.

I'm at #1 in my bracket with 50048. I don't think I'll even manage to top the 500ISO at 53333.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I'm at #1 in my bracket with 50048. I don't think I'll even manage to top the 500ISO at 53333.

I'm now #8 with 50,547. I'm not going to get to 53,333 either.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Tibeerius posted:

I just applied to you guys. It'll take me a bit to earn the HP, but I'm a frequent player.

Cool, just let me know here or in the new alliance chat when you have 800HP spare to buy a slot and i'll make you a commander then

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Your brackets sound nice I'm like 68th with 49000.

Also members of G.O.O.N I'm not slacking in PVP I'm adopting the 'enter late and rubber band' tactic.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

AntiZorn posted:

Invite sent, I hope to slack with the best of 'em

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Lofty132 posted:

Your brackets sound nice I'm like 68th with 49000.

Also members of G.O.O.N I'm not slacking in PVP I'm adopting the 'enter late and rubber band' tactic.

This is important to keep in mind before people start kicking others out of alliances. I usually wait a day to start PvP events myself. Judge people at the END of the event.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Yeah I kind of pick at new events until the old one's done, so, I'll get into the gray widow tourney in earnest in a few hours, likely.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Arschlochkind posted:

I'm now #8 with 50,547. I'm not going to get to 53,333 either.

Okay, I was probably a bit premature in this proclamation. I'm at #1 in mine now at 52,377 because of four or five buttholes that keep grinding. Just give me the useless yellow X-Force Wolvie already! I've got a 2 cover Invisible Woman he can hang out with!

Depriest
Jan 9, 2002
Grand Master B

retro sexual posted:

Just applied to Hired Goons; I've got the HP to add another spot as well.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
This event is dildos.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

A.o.D. posted:

This event is dildos.

Ultra mega dildos.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I don't care if it's my terrible primate brain seeing patterns, I keep seeing the most spectacular bullshit cascades from the 230 fights, generally near the beginning of the rounds, to the tune of "there are two small matches open on the board and the one I didn't take turns out to pull just the right colors from the top for a 4-match, then a 5-match or two, and while we're at it why not some 3-matches off the criticals and then the tank's dead and also those matches were mostly black so Bullseye/Venom will be eating the next sacrifice."

I swear I'm at least trying to look for potential pitfalls, but this isn't really happening on the 65 rounds with terribly low points and it irritates me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
It's your (and mine) primate brains.
Play enough games, and you'll see plenty of bullshit, but I can get brutal cascades more or less as often as the AI.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Basically. I get ridiculous cascades that have killed the enemy team on turn 1. The enemy has gotten those too. The rng is merciless, but fair.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Any tips on how to beat a level 230 Daken/Bullseye/Commander?

Its worth a lot of points, but my OBW and Thor are level 120 boosted. What the gently caress. Who kills these three?

If it was just the countdown AI I could probably swing it with Storm for AP generation and delays with OBW. But Daken and Bullseye match for over 300 damage. Insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm less accusing the game of cheating and more cursing my terrible luck that it only ever seems to give me the good cascades on matches I already have in the bag.

gromdul posted:

Any tips on how to beat a level 230 Daken/Bullseye/Commander?

Its worth a lot of points, but my OBW and Thor are level 120 boosted. What the gently caress. Who kills these three?

If you had a good Loki, you could try flipping the oodles of strike and defense tiles to your advantage.