Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah those are just dumb ideas I threw out because we all know that there would probably be a lot of whining from the old guard about mod changes and etc etc.

Progression 2.0 taking a look at mods and planets and would be fun to see though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
I've been away for pretty much 3 weeks and oh god, I can't be bothered to suffer through the event. Pubbies had no idea how to play interception. I hope the reward was boring.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
They could remove like 90% of the poo poo mods and it wouldn't make a difference. Yeah, I really needed that 45th Warm Coat for my cold resist build. Anything that doesn't affect power strength, range, duration, or price is just filler or gimmick. Same with weapon mods other than the core elemental ones, serration, heavy caliber, multishot. There are so many mods out there that really are useless.

One thing that might be interesting is if weapons gained damage, crit, rate of fire, etc. from ranking up, and forma added more crit, damage, etc. Mods would then no longer add damage, but include interesting effects like silencers, poison bullets that cause confusion or other statuses, weapon skins, burst fire, or other poo poo like that. Stuff like corrupted mods would work too for mods, a bonus but also a drawback. Stuff that would maybe only slightly affect dps but more customizes how your gun works.

That could just be lame and boring though. I do think that the same problem affects frame abilities; many warframe abilities aren't worth using. M prime, stomp, vortex, and you can clear anything. There is no comparison. It would be nice to have 4 meaningful powers on every frame, but again, that could be hard to do without some overlap or extensive restructuring.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Pierson posted:

The Cronus is a 100% drop the first time you fight Vor and it's clearly meant to be a 'hey you cleared your first planet here's a cooler new weapoon'-type thing, even though it being a longsword means it doesn't work at all. Make 'necessary' mods like Serration etc drop the same way as well as normally, so players feel there's an actual reward to clearing a planet as well as getting an immediate bump in power.

It did not drop for me. And I soloed Vor the first time around, because I absolutely despise pubbies from every other game I played.

Symbolist, I have your Rhino Chasis, first wave. (I always get lucky when I look for parts others need, and I never get the parts I need, for gently caress sake). Hit me ingame (Hansjurgen).

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Guess they changed that then because I still remember when farming Vor for Cronus BPs was one of the most profitable activities in the game.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Pierson posted:

Guess they changed that then because I still remember when farming Vor for Cronus BPs was one of the most profitable activities in the game.

I do not think they needed to intentionally change anything. It is likely a bad drop table slipped in with one of the patches (happens all the time). By the time they caught to it and fixed it (if that even happened), people like myself were already tagged as "completed Vor, no sword for you".

I love cats fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Apr 8, 2014

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Joe Gillian posted:

Are you saying that Bayonetta relies heavily on scripted kill animations? You couldn't be any more wrong.
I only recall a whole bunch of combo moves I never used because the trash fights never warranted them and the boss fights were mostly "spam this single button while some scripted event shows" being pretty much the whole game, but maybe I was drunk and was accidentally playing it on easy or something. Don't think I was though. What I remember the most was definitely the rear end spin move.

Cathair posted:

Woah woah, what? No, that is some backwards logic right there. In what way does the idea of charge attacks necessitate the clunky modding system? They could just as easily have made all melee damage based off the same damage mod, and it would've made perfect sense, just like every other game where you have access to a light melee attack and a heavy melee attack at the same time. Use either and mix 'em up according to the situation, it's a good system. It's DE who chose to gently caress it up by segregating the two types, not a problem with the idea itself.
I think we actually agree and it's just semantic. The current setup is awkward because it allows for none of the dynamism or spectacle that's normally associated with melee gameplay now. Melee weapons are basically very short range guns, they attack one way and one way only.

A weapon is either a normal attack spammer or a power attack platform. You never have to think which tool is better for any given job because the modding system forces you to only have one tool or the other.

They could consolidate them together, of course, which would be a step in the right direction. I'm all for that, as well as a look at the mod costs associated with the consolidated mods - especially if the stance mods work like auras but there's still no melee multishot mods.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

There might be mods that increases combo multipliers or gives you a longer window to keep hitting people.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Is tuesday DE's normal update day? I honestly can't remember.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Wednesday, actually.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vauban Chassis is on PC for 45 minutes. :siren: BREE BREE ALERT ALERT :siren:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

They've put up a ton of Vauban alerts in the last week or so. Makes me wonder if they're changing things up regarding him.

Watch Vay Hek 2.0 drop Vauban while Squidframe BP/components goes into the alert pool. :v:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They've put up a ton of Vauban alerts in the last week or so. Makes me wonder if they're changing things up regarding him.

Watch Vay Hek 2.0 drop Vauban while Squidframe BP/components goes into the alert pool. :v:

I hope so. I want to assemble a Space Cowboy build, and the best thing I can come up with is Vauban with the Grineer lever-action rifle, Akvasto revolvers and the Corpus whip weapon. Anything you'd switch out from that?

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

:siren: vanguard rhino helm alert!!:siren: PS4 alert!

Edit: Tethra's Doom is complete! Rewards are out! Get your glowing shoulder emblems and those other things.

Big Floppy fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 8, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Seriously get that helmet and make it riiiiight nooooow before they change helmets to be statless and you too can have a Super Rhino.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Coldbird posted:

I only recall a whole bunch of combo moves I never used because the trash fights never warranted them and the boss fights were mostly "spam this single button while some scripted event shows" being pretty much the whole game, but maybe I was drunk and was accidentally playing it on easy or something. Don't think I was though. What I remember the most was definitely the rear end spin move.
You probably were playing it on easy or something. The game does reward you for actually using skill on higher difficulties believe it or not. It's sort of Platinum's thing. You can completely avoid using the QTEs to kill things, and the timing of her Witch dodge was much more important to get good with.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 8, 2014

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Edit: Done! Thank, goons!

Azran fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 8, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
So the Badlands will be called Dark Sectors. That actually made me smile.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIK7RulwT9o

That resource requirement can't be the final one, it'd be pitiful for an alliance at ten times the amount.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

They use gallium and control modules :lol:

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Denzine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIK7RulwT9o

That resource requirement can't be the final one, it'd be pitiful for an alliance at ten times the amount.

I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't been putting plastids and rubedo into dojo decorations I could build 1 or 2 of those solo, at those prices.

I guess maybe if the pace of Dark Sector warfare is such that you're going to be wanting to make five or ten of these things every week, maybe...

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
One clan will build the rail, set resource requirements and have fill control of deployment, while the allies are just kinda sorta hanging there? Am I understanding this correctly?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Maybe resource requirements inflate with alliance size?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Didn't they say the opposite? That the costs were fixed?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Costs are fixed. The Alliance system is intended to put small clans on the level of big clans without scaling.

It won't work of course.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Socializing gains, privatizing costs. Canadian communism reigns supreme! :haw:

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
The cost is the same for all clans and alliances according to that video. The question to me is what happens when two clans try to construct at the same time. If it's whoever shows up first and then people can fight for control of the spot no biggie, we can probably speedrun the poo poo out of a place.

Wait a second, you can have multiple construction projects going by... building more labs? Great, I guess the serious poopsocking clans will do that and have 3+ rails constructing at all times. I guess if we need to accelerate the building of our new lab, I'll contribute some plat, but I honestly don't think it'll be worthwhile to beat everyone to the punch and we should be able to beat down another clan alliance for control and they'd be out their resources for the rail soon enough.

Lab construction costs scale up but requires some credits, polymer bundles, circuits, ferrite, and forma.

Lab research cost in the video (probably for smallest clan size I presume?): Some credits, alloy plate, ferrite, circuits, and forma.

More importantly, each rail costs for everyone:

500k credits
25 Gallium
15k Plastids
15k Rubedo
25 Control Module

Think we can make sure we've got the above ready to go?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Between the fact that these fights are all necessarily only two clans/alliances to a node and the fact that there's probably only going to be two of these per system, with none in Mercury/Venus/Earth, these costs lead me to believe that every node is going to be constantly in conflict and nobody will ever actually get to run them, except possibly during a "cooldown" period after a conflict ends, however long they make that be.

Also, at the end of those cooldowns it's basically going to be a lottery to determine which clan was fastest to click and gets to be the next challenger, right?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Unless most clans don't bother because someone set the taxes to 0 and who'd want to mess with that?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm sure plenty of groups would happily challenge a Duty-Free tower in the hopes if seizing it to tax themselves.

If there is a profit to be made, people will not let others just give it away.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Let's see what's on the other side of these rails before we start poopsocking.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, I doubt this will amount to too much. I do hope it generates sone amusing pubbie drama. :allears:

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
If there's enough collusion, we'll all be in a big alliance (not sure what the alliance cap is admittedly) and we'll have all set the taxes to 0. There's no huge reason for clans to amass huge fortunes or anything at this point partly because of how shallow the grinding strategy is for players. Maybe we'll get to farm even more Oxium on these maps for prime parts or these will be the place to farm for current content in the future instead of voids. All speculation still

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Edit - Once again, taken care of. Thanks Gestalt!

Azran fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 9, 2014

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
loving gently caress. Who the gently caress kicked like 30 people out of the ps4 clan? There were a few that were not meant to be kicked out. Ever. Hence the loving title "retired." gently caress.

We did not need a pruning like this. I've been loving taking care of kicking inactives since the loving clan was formed. We were never even close to the next clan rank. So why the gently caress?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Doji Sekushi posted:

loving gently caress. Who the gently caress kicked like 30 people out of the ps4 clan? There were a few that were not meant to be kicked out. Ever. Hence the loving title "retired." gently caress.

We did not need a pruning like this. I've been loving taking care of kicking inactives since the loving clan was formed. We were never even close to the next clan rank. So why the gently caress?

"Retired" is a bad name for a "don't delete me" rank. It sounds like the "These people don't play anymore but I'm not high enough rank to do something about it" rank.

(This wasn't me by the way; I don't even have a PS4)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So, who bets the update gets pushed beyond this week? :v:

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I sure hope not. As entertaining as a DE fuckup would be, I'm still interested in what they've done.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

The Soma can dish out the pain but it's a boring gun in the sci-fi genre. I'd rather tickle things with my Phage rays, or bounce Penta grenades off Corpus helmets.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Quiet you :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Legit talk Warframe needs more sci-fi guns that are actually sci-fi. Not that it doesn't have them already but it needs more of the stuff like the Drakgoon and Phage and less like the Soma and Karak. Titanfall has a lock on "it's the future but the guns are still the same boring old rifles and shotguns" we need more crazy poo poo that bounces off walls and zaps laser-lightning through skulls. Get on it DE.