Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

FMguru posted:

"US OUT OF THE UN" billboards.

What is the beef conservatives have with the UN, anyway? My wife's job had a jar collecting for UNICEF and customers were straight-up hateful of it because they were going to take guns away? But other than landmine issues and rescuing child soldiers UNICEF has zero intersection with weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

moths posted:

What is the beef conservatives have with the UN, anyway? My wife's job had a jar collecting for UNICEF and customers were straight-up hateful of it because they were going to take guns away? But other than landmine issues and rescuing child soldiers UNICEF has zero intersection with weapons.

Anything from "it ties the US's hands in foreign policy" to "it's incompetent" to "it's trying to form one world government." Actually probably all at once for a lot of conservatives. Just like Obama is a blithering idiot ultimate mastermind.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
:rant: "ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT. AGENDA 21. RUSSIA WILL TOTALLY FLIP THEIR NAMEPLATE AND BE THE USSR AGAIN!" :byodood:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

McAlister posted:

Then the machines came, took all our jobs, and looks became way more important.

No, the subjugation of cottage industries came when actual industry became important and traits inherent to men (strength, etc) became more important.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

icantfindaname posted:

I think it's just trying to attack liberal women in any way he can, so he just calls them ugly. In Rush Limbaugh's world I guess the uggos would be kept in the closet and not allowed out in public or something, but I wouldn't think too deeply about it beyond him being a fat sexist poo poo trying to attack liberals.

Yeah, maybe liberal outlets should select their female journalists based on looks like Fox does. It'd be a real image boost, right?

Notice how they never pick on non-right-wing media for hypocrisy re: bitching about unrealistic images of women? If they followed the right's lead, you'd have every Fox News blonde smugly commenting on mainstream media versions of the Fox News Blonde pic.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Rush Limbaugh posted:

"I love the women's movement, especially when walking behind it."

I know Rush isn't much (at all) of a satirist/comedian, but that is actually funny.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Darkman Fanpage posted:

No I mean "allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream". What does that even mean? Mainstream what?

Mainstream = White Middle-Class+ Lifestyle

I've had a depressing number of (older) female coworkers argue against the idea that men are obliged to maintain healthy bodies just as much as women, within marriage and society. I wasn't saying we should all be olympian polymaths, just that we're equally obliged to be our best. There are plenty out there who see a gross old fat man as a tolerable mate, so long as he has wealth and resources.

Today, any woman could be self-sufficient with access to wealth and entertainment, without having to cuddle up to someone like Rush out of desperation. Obviously the previous dynamic benefits gross old fat guys like Rush and Ailes, but I'm not sure where to attribute the mindset's survival among women besides ~cultural momentum~

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

kik2dagroin posted:

From yesterday's program:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/04/07/how_does_the_left_do_it
Who doesn't understand parody and satire now? :smug:

quote:

Rush Limbaugh posted:
I'll give you another example. How does it work on the other side? Okay, the other day, Stephen Colbert sent out a tweet -- just a total, racist tweet -- making fun of Chinese people, while he was intending to make fun of Daniel Snyder, by the way. He totally blew it, but the left rallied to his defense. "Come on, you know Colbert. He wouldn't intend to make fun of Chinese people."

Not to let facts get in the way of your amazing talking point, Rush, but one of the big defenses from Colbert was pointing out how he didn't tweet it because he didn't control the @ColbertReport twitter handle. So no, Stephen Colbert did not send out a total racist tweet. :jerkbag:

sweart gliwere posted:

I wasn't saying we should all be olympian polymaths,

Good, because I forgot trigonometry. :v:

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 9, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Q-Face posted:

I know Rush isn't much (at all) of a satirist/comedian, but that is actually funny.

It was funnier in 1970.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

computer parts posted:

No, the subjugation of cottage industries came when actual industry became important and traits inherent to men (strength, etc) became more important.

That's a nice load of :biotruths: you've got there.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

An Angry Bug posted:

That's a nice load of :biotruths: you've got there.

8 bans and you just keep coming.

Down in FloriBama, WCOA, the local-right wing "Newstalk" channel got taken off the FM band. There is no "news talk" anywhere on the FM Frequency. They retreated to a barely noticable 1070 AM frequency that can't even be received in some parts of Penscola.

Their Independent News Guy that replaced Huckabee got replaced by Rush during noon. Still Phil Valentine at the afternoons, who spends half his show complaining about Global Warming and hocking this "An inconsistent Truth" video that's supposed to be a huge takedown of the CO2 theory.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Not to let facts get in the way of your amazing talking point, Rush, but one of the big defenses from Colbert was pointing out how he didn't tweet it because he didn't control the @ColbertReport twitter handle. So no, Stephen Colbert did not send out a total racist tweet. :jerkbag:
[/quote]

Yeah, but "Not Colbert Made a Not Funny and Badly Delivered Off Color Joke" is hard to rally around.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

They don't actually care about the joke being offensive, they're mad for the sole reason that they get called out on when making the same kind of offensive comment or joke.

In fact, they fundamentally don't understand why people think offensive comments are offensive, which is the real cause for the anger. This is the entire problem, Rush Limbaugh fundamentally does not understand why anyone would be offended at him joking about those loving sluts, because to him it is completely unoffensive.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

They don't actually care about the joke being offensive, they're mad for the sole reason that they get called out on when making the same kind of offensive comment or joke.

In fact, they fundamentally don't understand why people think offensive comments are offensive, which is the real cause for the anger. This is the entire problem, Rush Limbaugh fundamentally does not understand why anyone would be offended at him joking about those loving sluts, because to him it is completely unoffensive.

A big portion of it is that they think they get to decide who finds what offensive.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Rush knows it's offensive. He's pretty much said his job involves pissing about half of his listeners off to keep them listening. I guess my point is don't mistake the puppet master for a puppet. He's a radio host first and a complete GOP shill second.

To me he seems much different than the likes of Hannity etc.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's kind of interesting how Rush is symbolic of the old GOP, wizard on messaging, outsourcer on substance, completely devoid of heart. For the actual GOP I'd say that last part was papered over by drafting Christians wholecloth, but other than that it's pretty apt.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

kik2dagroin posted:

THOSE drat COMPUTER MODELS!!!! :bahgawd:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/04/08/ezra_klein_psychoanalyzes_us_and_paul_mulshine_writes_a_good_piece_on_carbon
Why yes of course climate science is exactly the same thing as studies on human physiology! If you've ever been wrong once then you are absolutely going to be wrong about anything and everything in the future! When am I going to get my monthly speaker's fee from the Koch brothers?!?! :qq:
My god there is so much wrong with that part of the transcript I wouldn't even know where to begin

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Raise a finger and go from there.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's kind of interesting how Rush is symbolic of the old GOP, wizard on messaging, outsourcer on substance, completely devoid of heart. For the actual GOP I'd say that last part was papered over by drafting Christians wholecloth, but other than that it's pretty apt.

You assume Christians have the heart that Republicans need. The Christians they "drafted" are completely, utterly, wholly un-Christian.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
In some good news three defamation lawsuits against the National Review, the New York Post and The Blaze are proceeding. The worst of the three, imo, is the Glen Beck one where he repeatedly calls a victim of the Boston marathon bombing a terrorist and the money man behind the attack days after he was cleared of having anything to do with it. I hope all of the suits result in large awards for the plaintiffs, because screw the attitude conservative media has towards the truth.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

TheQat posted:

Anything from "it ties the US's hands in foreign policy" to "it's incompetent" to "it's trying to form one world government." Actually probably all at once for a lot of conservatives. Just like Obama is a blithering idiot ultimate mastermind.

A lot of the U.N. hate has to do with "America is boss of the world and nobody else." Conservatives, of course, believe themselves to literally be America so anything that gets in the way of doing whatever they want is inherently wrong. They hate any and all international agreements that don't let them pillage other nations' wealth.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
Well Breitbart.com has gone batshit crazy today. Mozilla's CEO steps down so they're self censoring their website and preventing their own supporters from reading it.

False equivalencies and everything. Private company's acting in their own business due to public speech is some how totalitarian censorship. But yeah, if preventing their own readership from accessing their own website is what they think is a successful strategy then I'm all for it. Less people need to read it.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Well Breitbart.com has gone batshit crazy today. Mozilla's CEO steps down so they're self censoring their website and preventing their own supporters from reading it.

False equivalencies and everything. Private company's acting in their own business due to public speech is some how totalitarian censorship.

And nothing of value was lost.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
I think Redstate is banning Mozilla users as well.

And don't forget Shirley Sherrod's lawsuit grinding forward against Bretibart's estate.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
In the fight against Totalitarianism you will use the web browser we tell you or you're banned.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
GODDAMN YOU FREE MARKET!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
If you want to make a quick million bucks, create a browser called Patriotnet or Freedomweb and have a few rules that blocks all left wing sites.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

False equivalencies and everything. Private company's acting in their own business due to public speech is some how totalitarian censorship. But yeah, if preventing their own readership from accessing their own website is what they think is a successful strategy then I'm all for it. Less people need to read it.
What planet are they even living on now

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

happyhippy posted:

If you want to make a quick million bucks, create a browser called Patriotnet or Freedomweb and have a few rules that blocks all left wing sites.

Coming this summer, freedom has a new name:

:911: Eagletube :911:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

GUNGASM

Haxin Jackson
Apr 3, 2011

kik2dagroin posted:

THOSE drat COMPUTER MODELS!!!! :bahgawd:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/04/08/ezra_klein_psychoanalyzes_us_and_paul_mulshine_writes_a_good_piece_on_carbon

some fat gently caress posted:

So what if they're all wrong again about climate science?

Yes, what IF they're wrong about the whole climate change thing?

What if we not pollute the air and water and replant the forests?

What if we go through all the pain of transitioning to environmentally friendly power sources and waste disposal methods?

What if we abolish the old polluting cars and drive only electric cars?

What if we do all this and the Earth just cools on its own and would have done so even had we changed nothing?

You're telling me that we made the world a better place FOR NOTHING?! :freep:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

happyhippy posted:

I'm almost sure I had seen this happen unironically a few years ago.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

icantfindaname posted:

I think it's just trying to attack liberal women in any way he can, so he just calls them ugly. In Rush Limbaugh's world I guess the uggos would be kept in the closet and not allowed out in public or something, but I wouldn't think too deeply about it beyond him being a fat sexist poo poo trying to attack liberals.

I started to write a long reply but it's pretty much this.

Rush has even said that so many ugly women "turn gay" because no men want to gently caress them.

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

A big portion of it is that they think they get to decide who finds what offensive.

No. It's so they get to say "See? Look at these liberal hypocrites! Both sides do it but they always pick on us conservatives!"

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 9, 2014

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm almost sure I had seen this happen unironically a few years ago.

Yeah, some crazy at freep did it and it only costs $47!

http://conservativewebbrowser.conservative-americans.com/

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I still exclusively buy W brand ketchup because I'm not a traitor.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yet the lamesteam media is going to keep using "rampage" and "massacre."

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I looked it up and Urban Dictionary has Gungasm listed as created in 2008 with the MGS3 Custom Colt 1911 scene as the example. :goonsay:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

I'm pretty sure I've heard it used in a video game before, though I don't remember which one.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm pretty sure I've heard it used in a video game before, though I don't remember which one.

I think it was actually said in Borderlands 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bayonetta?