Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

1st AD posted:

lmao what boxers is nate diaz outdrawing
If you gave him a pack of crayons and a sippy cup of apple juice, he would outdraw anyone on this green earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

xcore posted:

4 and 4 in his last 8, dating back to 2011.

Nate is beast. Pay the man Dana!

nate's a really good fighter. having said that, he may have signed a stupid loving contract but i think there's a little bit of onus on the ufc to make sure they don't take advantage of the mentally challenged when they're being represented by managers who are thieves. nate diaz deserves more than 15/15 to fight top 5 / 10 guys unless you want him to gently caress off to WSoF and get wrestled by askren

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
A Diaz probably makes perfectly loving fine money but he's surrounded himself with terrible human beings who milk him of every penny.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Internet Top Team:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Why are the Diaz brothers so loveable when everything points to the complete opposite?

I just want them to win fights and get paid :unsmith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

iSurrender posted:

Internet Top Team:

I would hate this with every fibre of my being, but it's to help a young boy with cancer, so it's actually really cool.

Reddit is still the worst website on the internet that isn't deep web, though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
he's sponsored by reddit and coffee. it's hipster as gently caress

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Did you guys ever band together and get some dumb logo on a fighter? Wasn't that a thing like a year ago?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ariza posted:

Did you guys ever band together and get some dumb logo on a fighter? Wasn't that a thing like a year ago?

yeah Detriot_Dogg tried to get something going but whoever's management never got back to him I think, probably a good call on that manager's part

e: pretty sure it was Hunto

Dave Grool fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 9, 2014

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Aurain posted:

If you gave him a pack of crayons and a sippy cup of apple juice, he would outdraw anyone on this green earth.

lol

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Aurain posted:

I would hate this with every fibre of my being, but it's to help a young boy with cancer, so it's actually really cool.

Reddit is still the worst website on the internet that isn't deep web, though.

Lol I too hate a website this much wait no I don't because that's weird as heck

Ewar Woowar posted:

Why are the Diaz brothers so loveable when everything points to the complete opposite?

I just want them to win fights and get paid :unsmith:

Because they're entertaining and not just two generic assholes who just had the best camp of their life against their toughest opponent blah blah blah blah

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:
So Nate got like 80k in November and now he is broke? The gently caress is he spending money on?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

nate's a really good fighter. having said that, he may have signed a stupid loving contract but i think there's a little bit of onus on the ufc to make sure they don't take advantage of the mentally challenged when they're being represented by managers who are thieves. nate diaz deserves more than 15/15 to fight top 5 / 10 guys unless you want him to gently caress off to WSoF and get wrestled by askren

He might deserve more, but he sure as poo poo isnt making any effort to get more. The onus isn't on the UFC, it's on Nate to find competent management; its a conflict of interest for them to hold his hand through the negotiation process while also negotiating against him. That's why you hire competent attorneys or managers, so that you don't get 'conned' into an 8 fight deal at 15/15.

Anyone who's ever heard 'Mike Tyson' and 'Don King' used in the same sentence is likely aware that fight managers are thieves by default, shirtless utopias like TAM are the exception. I think the Diazes have this kind of chip on their shoulder where they expect opportunities to present themselves, rather than proactively seeking them. I mean, Nate even says that he waited for the UFC to call him, when he must have a direct line to Dana, much less their personnel office.

Nate just had to Google Kogan at some point in the past 6 months, the front page result is "Mike Kogan: Diaz's Salary Dropped Because 'I Suck As A Manager, Lol'".

red19fire fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 9, 2014

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

DAS Super! posted:

So Nate got like 80k in November and now he is broke? The gently caress is he spending money on?

Nothing that you get a receipt for.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Ariza posted:

I talked to Hunt's management but it never went anywhere because there was some confusion over why people that don't actually have a business wanted to give him money for a logo on his trunks.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I talked to Hunt's management but it never went anywhere because there was some confusion over why people that don't actually have a business wanted to give him money for a logo on his trunks.

man that would have been loving awesome. is there any word on when Hunt is fighting again?

quick google shows Abu Schaubi talking about a fight with Hunt and some gossip about Overeem possibly?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

A Diaz probably makes perfectly loving fine money but he's surrounded himself with terrible human beings who milk him of every penny.

This.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

man that would have been loving awesome. is there any word on when Hunt is fighting again?

quick google shows Abu Schaubi talking about a fight with Hunt and some gossip about Overeem possibly?

Reem is having surgery today. Hunt was asking for Josh Barnett on twitter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

1st AD posted:

lmao what boxers is nate diaz outdrawing

Kimbo Slice.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

Brain Curry posted:

Reem is having surgery today. Hunt was asking for Josh Barnett on twitter.

Man I didn't read anything mma in the past week or two and I feel completely out of the loop.

Not sure how I feel about Barnatt vs Hunt. I like both guys way too much to be excited about that fight.

edit: I meant Barnett but thanks for the hilarious image of Luke Barnatt being ragdolled by hunto.

POTATO IN MY ANUS fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 9, 2014

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

Man I didn't read anything mma in the past week or two and I feel completely out of the loop.

Not sure how I feel about Barnatt vs Hunt. I like both guys way too much to be excited about that fight.

Luke Barnatt vs. Mark Hunt would be cruel and unusual

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

mighty mouse vs. ali bagautinov headlining 174 in vancouver

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

masato tatanka posted:

Cool fight. Will be interesting to see if all the Fox fights made Mighty Mouse into a big enough name to do a decent number on PPV.

Also hope this means Aldo-Mendes 2 headlines the San Jose card.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lloyd Boner posted:

Cool fight. Will be interesting to see if all the Fox fights made Mighty Mouse into a big enough name to do a decent number on PPV.

Also hope this means Aldo-Mendes 2 headlines the San Jose card.

It might do well live because it's Vancouver, but if it does better than the Hendo/Evans show on PPV it will be a success.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

masato tatanka posted:

I like Tinystani, but he is way too slow for DJ and is gonna get Mightily Messed up :ohdear:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Will be interesting to see if all the Fox fights made Mighty Mouse into a big enough name to do a decent number on PPV.

nah this ain't the time for that. Rousey is the hottest poo poo in the MMA world and she only did ~340k recently. Mighty Mouse is a cool guy but nobody cares about the 125 division and especially nobody cares about Ali Burmagomedov.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I give enough of a poo poo about Mighty Mouse but I give a poo poo more about Rory Mac losing in a violent fashion.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

coconono posted:

Kimbo Slice.

I sincerely doubt this.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@UFCONFOX 17m
Dana White said UFC 171 was viewed by 4.3 million people in Mexico. Huge

quote:

Dana White: Renan Barao is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. “There’s no doubt about it."

I have a hard time disagreeing with this, Renan Barao hasn't been rocked by Ryan Bader

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@UFCONFOX 2m
Dana White says Will Chope seems like he could be a different guy than he was. But spousal abuse is “a tough one to overcome."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have a hard time putting Barao above Aldo, considering the opposition that Aldo has defeated but Barao is #2 if Aldo is #1.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

iSurrender posted:

Internet Top Team:

Only one retarded goon opinion about Reddit was posted after this picture, thats good. It's a cool thing that happened here.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/crowdfunding-at-reddit-sponsors-chris-camozzi-to-help-a-young-boy-stricken-with-cancer-040414

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

masato tatanka posted:

I might have to drive up to Vancouver to see this, this PPV should have been in Seattle.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Only one retarded goon opinion about Reddit was posted after this picture, thats good. It's a cool thing that happened here.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/crowdfunding-at-reddit-sponsors-chris-camozzi-to-help-a-young-boy-stricken-with-cancer-040414

Sorry for disliking a website that refused to explicitly ban distribution of sexual content of minors for close to seven years after its creation.
(It was Something Awful members that eventually forced their hand). I'll do better to earn your approval, Lord Waffle Beard.

And as I said earlier, It's for an awesome cause so that's neat.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Aurain posted:

Sorry for disliking a website that refused to explicitly ban distribution of sexual content of minors for close to seven years after its creation.
(It was Something Awful members that eventually forced their hand). I'll do better to earn your approval, Lord Waffle Beard.

That's a dumb argument for a number of reasons, but I'm not going to get into in this thread.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I'm not going to get into in this thread.

Please don't get into this thread. Get out of this thread.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
ATTN: Gregor Samsa

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/video-in-pre-fight-interview-bellator-116s-rob-emerson-makes-startling-accusation/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Seltzer posted:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Aurain posted:

lol we also had a pedophile moderator and adtrw running unchecked for the longest loving time

Seltzer posted:

he's toned is schtick down a lot lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

I think even at 135 Rob Emerson would still have difficulty stopping people from putting him on his back, however his DDT game is top notch.

• Locked thread