Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

vulvamancer posted:

They found the Air France 447 boxes about 2 years after it went down, but they knew where it was pretty quickly. I imagine if they find the actual crash location they'll eventually get the boxes. I've been wondering lately though if the boxes are solid state or tape/magnetic storage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447

I think it would be solid state, but so what if it was tape anyway. The technology is well proven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

Its...gone, guys.

Knock Knock

Who's There

Pinger

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014
I found the plane

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
The plane crashed because someone jiggled the handle too hard

Sinjang
May 29, 2013
Well, that depends. Does your theory involve jizz on the controls?

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

angerbot posted:

No one has looked for the plane on top of a mountain and I'd like to call for a class action suit on behalf of myself and other people

i'll moderate the courtroom

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

It's been about 12 hours, what does Chinatown think of this?

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Spaced God posted:

It's been about 12 hours, what does Chinatown think of this?

I bet chinatown crashed the plane

Slap Happy
Apr 14, 2006

It's crazy to think that the plane was here, but now it's not. It used to be flying and then basically something happened, and now it's gone. Crazy to think about, really.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Look, we TOLD YOU not to put toilet paper in the airplane toilet!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

DEAR RICHARD posted:

A lone passenger refused to put his seat in the full, upright position.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
The kids in the back seat wouldn't stop fighting and the pilot told them that if they didn't stop he would turn the plane around and put it into the ocean and when they didn't stop he had to save face because of the high priority Asian culture puts on honor also he was Muslim.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Retail Slave posted:

A lone passenger refused to put his seat in the full, upright position.

His cell phone was also on.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS PEOPLE!

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

redshirt posted:

His cell phone was also on.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS PEOPLE!

take ur earbuds out during the safety talk idiots

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002

mstrkrft posted:

take ur earbuds out during the safety talk idiots

I heard from a source that the suspected cause was someone brought 3.5 ounces of shampoo onboard.

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014
BREAKING NEWS: PLANE MAY HAVE BEEN FOUND

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
“I have been held hostage by unknown military personal after my flight was hijacked (blindfolded). I work for IBM and I have managed to hide my cellphone in my rear end during the hijack. I have been separated from the rest of the passengers and I am in a cell. My name is Philip Wood. I think I have been drugged as well and cannot think clearly.”

i wonder what its like for your first thouht in a dangerous situation to be "I better put this in my rear end"
in that case monsieur goatse would be like a spy extraordinaire

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014

Drunk & Ugly posted:

“I have been held hostage by unknown military personal after my flight was hijacked (blindfolded). I work for IBM and I have managed to hide my cellphone in my rear end during the hijack. I have been separated from the rest of the passengers and I am in a cell. My name is Philip Wood. I think I have been drugged as well and cannot think clearly.”

i wonder what its like for your first thouht in a dangerous situation to be "I better put this in my rear end"
in that case monsieur goatse would be like a spy extraordinaire

What kind of phone he had to put up his butt? Hopefully it was not a Galaxy Note.

Skipjack
Sep 11, 2007

I prefer a quiet station,
thank you.
so have they figured out who we knew on the plane or what

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Skipjack posted:

so have they figured out who we knew on the plane or what

that's another unsolved mystery, why 3O thought anybody here would know anybody on that plane

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

The Risk posted:

What kind of phone he had to put up his butt? Hopefully it was not a Galaxy Note.

the page the goon linked (http://intellihub.com/freelance-jou...e-diego-garcia/ ) says an IPAD 5. he must have inner strength

Skipjack
Sep 11, 2007

I prefer a quiet station,
thank you.
maybe he just clenched it between his cheeks

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Drunk & Ugly posted:

the page the goon linked (http://intellihub.com/freelance-jou...e-diego-garcia/ ) says an IPAD 5. he must have inner strength

"Exif can’t be rewritten with common software" Haha! Idiots.

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Only the KirkJ the Goatman has the capability to hide a full Ipad 5. Did he really die then?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Drunk & Ugly posted:

One of the related articles:

Girlfriend of 370 passenger Wood: ‘Fighter jets accompanied flight 370 in secret militarized operation, my husband is still alive’

Who cares about your husband, lady? Or was he on the same plane as Wood? Did they know they were both loving the same woman?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

mstrkrft posted:

I bet chinatown crashed the plane

I know this is a conspiracy theory but what if Chinatown is responsible for this and he keeps coming back into the thread saying the same thing over and over because he is trying to cover it up!?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

The Risk posted:

Only the KirkJ the Goatman has the capability to hide a full Ipad 5. Did he really die then?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

gnarlyhotep posted:

that's another unsolved mystery, why 3O thought anybody here would know anybody on that plane

Because some goon always does? For example,

Kekeke! posted:

An acquaintance of mine was on that flight. Everyone around me who knew her is in a sort of denial, fixating on the fact that the plane is still declared missing. I don't have the heart to remind them there is almost no chance the plane is somewhere safe in one piece. :smith:

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

The Risk posted:

This is a gamechanger

Slap Happy
Apr 14, 2006

The Risk posted:

That's like, your opinion, man.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The plane! The Plane!

They still haven't found the plane!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Angela Christine posted:

Because some goon always does? For example,

well there's one mystery solved

maybe 3O knows where the plane is too

he hasn't posted in here in a long time...

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Rod Munch posted:

This is a gamechanger

So.... checkers?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

angerbot posted:

So.... checkers?

Connect 4, but with plane and body parts.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
pretty sneaky sis

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014
Fifth signal 'unlikely' related to Flight 370

Thanks CNN please let me know when they find the plane...I don't care of every little detail.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hey guys we got this signal!

Cool, so do you know where the plane is now?

SURE DONT

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Risk posted:

Fifth signal 'unlikely' related to Flight 370

Thanks CNN please let me know when they find the plane...I don't care of every little detail.

same (to you)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fallom posted:

Hey guys we got this signal!

Cool, so do you know where the plane is now?

SURE DONT

cnn.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina
So what I'm getting from this is the Indian Ocean is loving full of black boxes. How many planes are down there potentially? We could very well be solving several mysteries here instead of just MH370. I bet the flight that didn't hit the Pentagon is down there. It's an airplane graveyard.

• Locked thread