Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
What I'm getting is that making comics is highly stressful poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaand how does this relate to Achewood? :raise:
Sometimes when somebody devotes a lot of time and energy to something, like an artisan soda or a webcomic about melty lump people or a terrible LP, it does things to their brain. That drawing represents the Despair Monster. The same Despair Monster that caused Onstad's divorce and overly-wordy dialogue.

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not
I had a dream last night that the latest Achewood was a full-blown physical Sunday paper devoted to Achewood. Blogs, new strips, a thing in the main. Life knew I was a reader and my copy simply arrived at my house.

But I'll take more Ramses.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
You don't take Ramses. What you do is you hit the rear bumper of a car and then you receive Ramses.

Just pray he has got a fresh calzone back in that car and he does NOT have time to argue with some cop about why your body is over here and your head is over there so on and et cetera.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Mr. Squishy posted:

I utterly lack the knowledge needed to interpret this.

There's a monsterous goblin trapped in a small room with torn web comics on the wall. The goblin is tearing apart what I assume is Onstad's ex-wife. The whole thing should be pretty clear.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

glug posted:

There's a monsterous goblin trapped in a small room with torn web comics on the wall. The goblin is tearing apart what I assume is Onstad's ex-wife. The whole thing should be pretty clear.

Alright, switch it up some more. Keep the goblin have him be theodor and make the robot be Onstad( current age as when he started the strip. Which is what...early 30s?)
Is it still cool with you guys that some robot is getting blasted?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That robot wanted it. You can see it in her[his?] eyes.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

glug posted:

Not one to speculate on the various issues of the Onstad, but that Goblins webcomic author is in the midst of a 2 month mental breakdown (preceded by a tweet about how cool it is to check out girls and tell his new wife how hot they are) that produced this:

There are one or two symbols in this that make me think he's not entirely happy.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

glug posted:

Not one to speculate on the various issues of the Onstad, but that Goblins webcomic author is in the midst of a 2 month mental breakdown (preceded by a tweet about how cool it is to check out girls and tell his new wife how hot they are) that produced this:

Where is there ongoing discussion about this, because this is the kind of crazy I love to read about

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
:siren: NEW STRIP :siren:

Even Ramses getting his word on, although it's not really damaging in this case.

"Milk-eyed son of a slack tittied dog" isn't as good as "candy-rear end word-style hero" but still pretty good.

Also, apparently both Ramses and Ray think six hundred dollars is class money.

grading essays nude fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 8, 2014

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
"We may all be part of a whole, but those who would wag their tongues to spite my Journey must wander the sands of my violence."

Overwritten modern Achewood or the appropriate inner-monologue for a seldom used character?

I thought it was pretty good but the dialogue could've been toned down juuuuust a little.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

Cloks posted:

"We may all be part of a whole, but those who would wag their tongues to spite my Journey must wander the sands of my violence."

Overwritten modern Achewood or the appropriate inner-monologue for a seldom used character?

I thought it was pretty good but the dialogue could've been toned down juuuuust a little.

It's actually fairly consistent with his last appearance, which had the same premise too http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03052009

Half-account son of a bitch with half the balance owed to Judas...

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ramses seems to have a disproportionate amount of issues on the road.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"who is pretty... okay by me..."

I love how he has to pause and force the words out :allears:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I would have been much more uncouth upon someone rear-ending my mint mustang II.

edit: even though Onstad draws it as a Mustang Mach I. Ask Alan Partridge.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 8, 2014

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
That balls/eyes line is literally a cards against humanity reference.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Cloks posted:

It's fine, it's pretty directly Dantean and works for Ramses's character

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

JoshTheStampede posted:

Man people have been threatening to switch a dude's balls and eyes for years.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

JoshTheStampede posted:

What is the sound of one trap springing?

Ramses is a hell of a man, to let that "old janitor" comment slide.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Kenny Logins posted:

His girlfriend's pretty okay to him, is the thing.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Kenny Logins posted:

Says the computer janitor

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Says the computer janitor
I think any man of years would be automatically incensed by such a snap judgment.

Also, Call Tina Turner Now, you're lucky I have a piping hot calzone waiting in the backseat of my car or else I'd poorly craft so many image macros at you.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 8, 2014

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Calling it: Ramses' okay lady friend is Penny

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Christmas Present posted:

I dunno, that actually sounds interesting

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

A motherfucker rear-ends my sweet '73 Mustang Mach I, you bet your rear end he will meet his end.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Christmas Present posted:

That's what I was expecting, too.

At this point, I just want him to tear off Teodor's middle or something, so that SOMETHING interesting happens at least.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Out of nowhere today, this strip bubbled up to the surface of my brain and I couldn't stop laughing thinking about how gloriously simple the joke was :)

Plus the alt text is sensational.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
It's just a shame that Ramses has an internal monologue in this newest strip. DAMNIT ONSTAD GET YOUR CONTINUITY IN ORDER! It's like his divorce removed from him his ability to remember things he has laid out as alt text fact.

I liked this strip and the language felt appropriate

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Does the silhouetted driver look like Showbiz? It seems pretty Showbizzy.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

GigaPeon posted:

Does the silhouetted driver look like Showbiz? It seems pretty Showbizzy.

The poor brother cat has no car.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Jerusalem posted:

Out of nowhere today, this strip bubbled up to the surface of my brain and I couldn't stop laughing thinking about how gloriously simple the joke was :)

Plus the alt text is sensational.

I am batting about .750 on getting that particular strip every time I hit "random" on achewood.com.

Achewood.com wants me to know that its inability to secure naked Meg White is the cause of its human suffering.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

BitterAvatar posted:

The poor brother cat has no car.

Isn't he addicted to car stereos?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

Isn't he addicted to car stereos?

YOU DON'T GET IT, DO YOU POPE GUILTY!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Speaking of random strips, I saw some people walking a pit bull and this came to mind.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I really like that Onstad is a Ford guy.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
:nws:Someone finally did it.:nws:

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
Right next to the 'I loving Love you' 3d gift card, and 3d glasses. Also star stickers.

That is a very Achewood selection of useless bullshit.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I'm gonna guess the friday updates are gone, to be replaced with updates that are more and more spaced out until the next haitus?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I'm gonna guess the friday updates are gone, to be replaced with updates that are more and more spaced out until the next haitus?

Are you clairvoyant? I'm getting chills here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Looking at his most recent posts on twitter it sounds like Onstad might be going through renal failure? Or whatever azotemia is.