Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

poopkitty posted:

I missed 9/11 talk? I was already in the Navy.

*My poo poo at work got worse. I loving hate humanity today.

Aw. Was that dude a raging dickbag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i wanna get old enough to date a salt and pepper haired professor without it being unethical or weird

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pick posted:

I'm glad A Certain Thread died because haw haw, now look at meeee, I can extol historical women without apologizing for their time-period-normal beliefs on other topics

That was great! I don't know if you know this Pick, but real life Pirates aren't like in the movies, they're bad people. I don;t know why you'd want to celebrate bad people

Pick posted:

I loving hate dating people my age so it'll be nice when "my age" is thirties so maybe some people won't be so loving stupid and incompetent

They'll all be divorcees

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Chiba City Blues posted:

i wanna get old enough to date a salt and pepper haired professor without it being unethical or weird

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

Today my schizophrenic client was able to describe his delusional content to me in a coherent way that allowed me to make sense of his internal world. We've been working together for like, two years and finally I get the sense that we can move beyond "So you're schizophrenic?" "True, true, let me talk to you about levitation, mermaids, and biblical apocrypha for 45 minutes"

I mean we still DID that but he also got in the descripion stuff which is a pretty major win.

Being in my late 20's is singificantly cooler than my early 20's, in no small part because the clients I work with now are much more medication compliant.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Wildlife Analysis posted:

like I have no idea why anyone would want to age beyond their 40s. enjoy everything that used to be easy being a struggle now I guess lol

you have a slim chance of knowing more and being less dumb

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I want to be like the wonderful crazy ladies in Advanced Style when I'm old.

Look at this poo poo:

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Chiba City Blues posted:

i am a salt and pepper haired grad student, every woman in my dad's family except my sister has started going grey at 17

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
it'd be cool to be one of them sexy old ladies who invites younger men around for weed and sex, like thtat chcik in Don Jon

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

this is true, but if I could choose to keep one decade of my life forever it'd be this one. like hell I want it to disappear.

there's a difference between accepting that you will get old and wanting to be old

You'll never know what it's like until you get there. And honestly it's kinda sad if you think your best years are limited to one single decade and the other 8 decades are crap. 40 isn't even old, unless you gently caress yourself up by eating like poo poo and spending your 30s on the sofa.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Fabulist posted:

Aw. Was that dude a raging dickbag?

It loving blew up and I'm looking at the very tippy top of the iceberg. I wouldn't have time to be on SA but I'm waiting for a phone call from HI. Treat people good, Kids, because someone else has to deal with it when you're not.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

My god I hope I can learn this level of style before I'm 60

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
People don't get that much weaker until they're like 70. I know several 60-year-old guys who could kick every rear end in this room.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

HEY GAL posted:

you have a slim chance of knowing more and being less dumb

seems worth it to have my health degrade

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

I'm glad A Certain Thread died because haw haw, now look at meeee, I can extol historical women without apologizing for their time-period-normal beliefs on other topics
hahaha jesus christ, the weeping children who objected to that

did you know that people used to be religious bigots who were super ok with violence?

:whitewater:

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

HEY GAL posted:

i am a salt and pepper haired grad student, every woman in my dad's family except my sister has started going grey at 17

hey babe ;-*

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

poopkitty posted:

It loving blew up and I'm looking at the very tippy top of the iceberg. I wouldn't have time to be on SA but I'm waiting for a phone call from HI. Treat people good, Kids, because someone else has to deal with it when you're not.

You're doing good work, the best work.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Clochette posted:

Obviously most people would prefer not to age physically after their 20s or so, but in your later years you have the benefit of a better job and more stable relationships.

my mom has a cool strip of silver hair like rogue from x men so I'm looking forward to getting that hopefully

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Crow Jane posted:

I want to be like the wonderful crazy ladies in Advanced Style when I'm old.

Look at this poo poo:

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Those ladies are awesome. There seem to be two types: the super elegant ones and the over the top eccentric ones ala Betsey Johnson. I wanna be the first type with a smidge of eccentricity.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

being objectified is a new experience for me

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Life begins for men at 30, nobody wants women after 30, etc etc, so do all the drugs and slut it up in your twenties is what I take away from that advice

Also I think guys who marry girls for their youth (like, 18-20 year olds) will probably just divorce them once they get a bit older so...the real advice is "don't marry" haha

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Tora! Tora! Tora! posted:

You'll never know what it's like until you get there. And honestly it's kinda sad if you think your best years are limited to one single decade and the other 8 decades are crap. 40 isn't even old, unless you gently caress yourself up by eating like poo poo and spending your 30s on the sofa.

It's not that I think other decades suck, and I don't think people's 40s suck either. But beyond that? Yeah, something happens and suddenly everything becomes an uphill struggle. There's no quick bouncing back at that age for your average human being. I've witness both my parents health deteriorate post-40s and it's not something I would say I look forward to.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HEY GAL posted:

hahaha jesus christ, the weeping children who objected to that

did you know that people used to be religious bigots who were super ok with violence?

:whitewater:

when u think about it... joan of arc was pretty violent... violence is never the answer....

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

omg look at this face

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
The alternative to getting older is dying lol

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Those ladies are awesome. There seem to be two types: the super elegant ones and the over the top eccentric ones ala Betsey Johnson. I wanna be the first type with a smidge of eccentricity.

I plan on wearing the biggest, most obnoxious costume jewelry my brittle bones will be able to manage

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My parents aged well, and judging from the noises when I visit they're still doing fine in the sack too

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Chiba City Blues posted:

omg look at this face

New fave emoticon

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDFqNqTOOPc

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

I want to be Diana Trent. Bitter, cunning, and classy all in one package.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

The alternative to getting older is dying lol

there's a difference between accepting that you will get old and wanting to be old

yeah i know

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

when I am done being a kick-rear end old lady I would like to become this tia

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pick posted:

My parents aged well, and judging from the noises when I visit they're still doing fine in the sack too

yeah, I'm pretty much a ticking time bomb of all kinds of inheritable problems so maybe that has soured me on the idea

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

yeah, I'm pretty much a ticking time bomb of all kinds of inheritable problems so maybe that has soured me on the idea

*willy explodes*

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

It's not that I think other decades suck, and I don't think people's 40s suck either. But beyond that? Yeah, something happens and suddenly everything becomes an uphill struggle. There's no quick bouncing back at that age for your average human being. I've witness both my parents health deteriorate post-40s and it's not something I would say I look forward to.

Sorry your folks are in poor health, more motivation to work on health now. But what you're not getting is that there are some things you gain like experience and perspective that kinda make up for the fact that you're not quite at the peak you were in your twenties so you don't really mind getting a little older. I'm in an awesome place right now which totally makes up for the fact that I more often repull a lat when I go too heavy on cleans and maybe have to squint to read the freaking salad dressing label. YMMV but I hope you discover cool thing about aging so you don't have to be bitter about it.

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Life begins for men at 30, nobody wants women after 30, etc etc, so do all the drugs and slut it up in your twenties is what I take away from that advice

Also I think guys who marry girls for their youth (like, 18-20 year olds) will probably just divorce them once they get a bit older so...the real advice is "don't marry" haha

I've said this before but one of my regrets is that I wasn't sluttier in my 20s and was too cautious about dating. Stay safe but, heck, one night stands with gorgeous Brazilians are not to be avoided.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Also medical science will hopefully advance over the next few decades

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Best Tasting! posted:

when I am done being a kick-rear end old lady I would like to become this tia

nice tits, slut

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008