Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Jake is on JR's show that went up this morning. His first night in the business was working as a referee and had to get smartened backstage before the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ch3cooh posted:

Jake is on JR's show that went up this morning. His first night in the business was working as a referee and had to get smartened backstage before the show

Him shilling for mint scented butt wipes and cheap razors is pretty funny (it's the first time I listened to the podcast).

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

ch3cooh posted:

This was a really good pod and Jake sounds particularly lucid and a little more clear-throated than usual. Definitely check it out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sigmachiev posted:

This was a really good pod and Jake sounds particularly lucid and a little more clear-throated than usual. Definitely check it out.

Yeah, really good listen and I loved his comments about Bray Wyatt.

"I hope he really doesn't have the issues he says he does, or else we're all in trouble."

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Everyone needs to listen to the first three minutes or so of the Ultimate Warrior podcast by our National Treasure. It's everything that's amazing about Karl Stern.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rodney the Piper posted:

Everyone needs to listen to the first three minutes or so of the Ultimate Warrior podcast by our National Treasure. It's everything that's amazing about Karl Stern.

The open of that show is basically the way people tell stories of how they found out about 9-11 or JFK.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hearing Dr. Lucha dance around saying "Ultimate Warrior was a bad wrestler and a jerk to be around" was kind of amazing. Dude is so nice and positive about almost everyone.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Austin's interview with Michael Hayes was really interesting, though I couldn't help but laugh when he basically tried to take credit for The Shield's success.

His story about the barfight he and Terry Gordy got into with a couple of bikers (one with a pegleg!) was pretty great too.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Where all the PSP-casts at?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Blasmeister posted:

Where all the PSP-casts at?

Pisscast will be tonight if Oatgan doesn't cancel again and the Devcast disbanded, sadly.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Austin's interview with Michael Hayes was really interesting, though I couldn't help but laugh when he basically tried to take credit for The Shield's success.

His story about the barfight he and Terry Gordy got into with a couple of bikers (one with a pegleg!) was pretty great too.

Was Hayes' logic basically: "They're a three-man group, just like the Freebirds! Thus, they got the idea from me, and I'm the reason they're a big deal! :haw:"?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Only downside: Hayes is so motherfucking loud spitting into his dip cup

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gaz-L posted:

Was Hayes' logic basically: "They're a three-man group, just like the Freebirds! Thus, they got the idea from me, and I'm the reason they're a big deal! :haw:"?

Also, they have theme music! Did you know I INVENTED theme music???

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Pisscast will be tonight if Oatgan doesn't cancel again and the Devcast disbanded, sadly.

I thought the devcast released the board game episode instead of a regular episode.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I Before E posted:

I thought the devcast released the board game episode instead of a regular episode.

This is true. Strenuous Manflurry is a liar with a dirty butt.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

This is true. Strenuous Manflurry is a liar with a dirty butt.

I worried for a second there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Paraphrasing, but basically he said:

"Nowadays a lot of tag-teams are just a couple of guys who work together in matches and don't interact otherwise. That's why I'm so proud of The Shield, because they do everything together as a unit... I told them that by the way when they were first formed, I said you guys gotta work together, go to the gym together, travel together, eat together, etc...."

ch3cooh posted:

Only downside: Hayes is so motherfucking loud spitting into his dip cup

Oh, THAT is what that noise was. Yeah, it was bugging me throughout the whole thing. It is a good interview though, for all his faults Hayes can tell a hell of an entertaining story and I love his Gordy impression.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Meltzer burying Nancy Grace in today's daily update was spectacular.

quote:

--Some thoughts on the Nancy Gracie segment yesterday with DDP. It was that sensationalistic fake outrage stuff from reporters that are a total turnoff. However, people spreading the word that Nancy Gracie said Owen Hart died of steroids are just as bad (let me clarify this by saying I am going off a YouTube clip that was edited, so I may not have seen the entire segment). There was a list of wrestlers dying young on the screen. She never said one name on that list that I heard, except talked about Warrior. She just said a lot of wrestlers died young because of steroids and drugs, which is true. There was enough of an implication that the people on the list died that way that it was an unfair portrayal, but she never said that. And anyone talking about the nature of Warrior's death for more than 90 seconds in a journalistic capacity who doesn't bring up his admitted use of steroids is a hack. If you really respect the guy, respect the fact that he himself didn't run from the subject, unlike so many.

I have no idea if he was or wasn't using during any of the last decade or longer since he left wrestling. But he also was not shy to say that he did for years, and his failed tests and firings are all public record. He had a heart attack at 54 when he's supposed to be a health nut. I'm not saying that's what he died from. There could be plenty of other reasons. But if you don't even ask that question or bring up the possibility, you're trying to run from something.

She was obnoxious in her delivery, but she always is. Jim Cornette of all people should know that shows like that live for the reaction, and her show people are likely laughing at all the publicity wrestling fans are giving the show today. You want to get back at Nancy Grace? Don't watch the show. I don't. I watched last night for one minute and realized why I didn't need to, and it wasn't even a wrestling segment, then turned it off. Thinking getting the show trending on Twitter is a negative to her is to not understand how people laugh at people who overreact on shows like that. Worse, all the people who reacted to her saying Owen Hart died from steroids, there's nothing that makes people in that world not listen to people who complain to them, or laugh at those doing so, is claiming they said something they never said in the first place.

You want to complain about the segment, go ahead. Just make sure you don't say that Nancy Gracie said Owen Hart died of steroids, because then any letter just strengthens their ability to say all these crazy wrestling fans don't know what they are talking about.

To the people at the station she works at, a petition by wrestling fans to cancel Nancy Gracie is probably something they are all laughing at today, and reveling in the publicity. You want to do something constructive, or do a petition, or send letters to HLN, ask her to go on the air and give clarity to those list of wrestlers that say, yes, they died young, but Owen Hart, Mark Curtis (Brian Hildbrand), Brady Boone, etc. did not die from steroids or drugs, that you can reasonably get the idea from that piece that they did. And that is unfair to their memories and to their families.

She's not a real reporter--she's a sensationalist looking for ratings--and her ratings aren't even that good. But the inaccuracy of some who claimed Nancy Gracie said Owen Hart died of steroids was no better. I watched it and I didn't even get that there was an implication of that, but I could easily see where people could. It was confusing enough that it should have been clarified. I think she should go on today and clarify it for that reason. It probably won't happen, but that's a different thing that goes back to what they are doing isn't real reporting and they don't care about misinforming the public with their show. Unless they do clarify it tonight.

(Didn't we used to have a wrestling journalism thread?)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Send Sakuraba to kill Nancy Gracie.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Dave posted:

Nancy Gracie

Pronounced "Hancy", I take it.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Meat Recital posted:

Meltzer burying Nancy Grace in today's daily update was spectacular.

(Didn't we used to have a wrestling journalism thread?)

Dave Meltzer can tolerate bad wrestling and bad journalism but he will not abide bad wrestling journalism

Bard Maddox posted:

Send Sakuraba to kill Nancy Gracie.

dsriggs posted:

Pronounced "Hancy", I take it.

Beat me to it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 35: One and One Half Stars

We talk a weekend of indie wrestling, mama, the WWE HOF, my mother, Wrestlemania, mamas, Raw, mom, Warrior, and star ratings.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ptrdgdryuwqabbs/035+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 11, 2014

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

oatgan posted:

We talk a weekend of indie wrestling, mama, the WWE HOF, my mother, Wrestlemania, mamas, Raw, mom, Warrior, and star ratings.

sick mashup theme song

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone please god tell me how Bryan and Vinny react to this

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

"This" being what, the Nancy Grace story or Impact Wrestling tonight?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CVagts posted:

"This" being what, the Nancy Grace story or Impact Wrestling tonight?

The latter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CVagts posted:

Impact Wrestling tonight?

Do I want to know?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Jerusalem posted:

Do I want to know?

Guess which bearded comedy geek just won a world title? Hint: It's not Daniel Bryan this time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Meat Recital posted:

Guess which bearded comedy geek just won a world title? Hint: It's not Daniel Bryan this time.

.....Eric Young?

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Jerusalem posted:

.....Eric Young?

Tell him what he's won, Johnny!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

But when is it coming to the RSStlehut Pissfeed?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I listened to the show live and it was a glorious total burial of all things Impact as well as a load of TNA fans trying to convince Bryan it wasn't THAT shameless. This is from the show description.

quote:

plus, yes, a look at TNA Impact with new heavyweight champion DANIEL BRY-- Oh, wait. Eric Young.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

heel turn posted:

sick mashup theme song

Thanks. That took a ton of work.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Legit thought that was a Soulwax joint at the beginning there. Nice jerb.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Question, have TNA been treating Young with even the tiniest shred of legitimacy since I last watched, or is he still border-line autistic manchild who is basically protected by Abyss or ODB? I mean, this is the group that gave the world title to Chris Sabin only for him to lose it in a squash a week later to the same guy he beat for it, so I'm not sure what I'm expecting, but y'know...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

I listened to the show live and it was a glorious total burial of all things Impact as well as a load of TNA fans trying to convince Bryan it wasn't THAT shameless. This is from the show description.

I'd give anything to hear this but I really can't afford/justify in my frugal mind a subscription right now. :smith:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The discussion of the episode of impact was exactly what you would expect. They just talked about how it was a blatant rip off of wrestlemania. Some geek on Twitter trying to correct them by saying that it was more like Samoa Joe was like Daniel Bryan and not Eric Young so it wasn't all that similar. Bryan said it absolutely was similar because it was the underdog story with two matches on the same show.

No ridiculous outrage because it's just the TNA title and them ripping off WWE is their MO anymore.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

The discussion of the episode of impact was exactly what you would expect. They just talked about how it was a blatant rip off of wrestlemania. Some geek on Twitter trying to correct them by saying that it was more like Samoa Joe was like Daniel Bryan and not Eric Young so it wasn't all that similar. Bryan said it absolutely was similar because it was the underdog story with two matches on the same show.

No ridiculous outrage because it's just the TNA title and them ripping off WWE is their MO anymore.

Aw man, no hilarious outrage? My kingdom for the days of the Adrenaline Flush comps. :smith:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Gaz-L posted:

Question, have TNA been treating Young with even the tiniest shred of legitimacy since I last watched, or is he still border-line autistic manchild who is basically protected by Abyss or ODB? I mean, this is the group that gave the world title to Chris Sabin only for him to lose it in a squash a week later to the same guy he beat for it, so I'm not sure what I'm expecting, but y'know...

You know I hadn't watched TNA for a long while and randomly caught the Young/Abyss match where he unmasked Abyss on Youtube. I didn't recognize the guy. He had throat surgery too iirc so his voice is a lot more rough now. I was actually pretty impressed, he was always a good worker and his new look and voice gave him a nice makeover. From reading the spoilers though it doesn't sound like they've been building this up at all which is the bigger problem. I used to hate Eric Young too. He looked too weak to be a heel and too pretty to be a baby face; not to mention the stupid gimmicks they threw him in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

I'm glad we don't live in a world where oatgan books battle royals.

• Locked thread